[Chapter 9] War of (two) Hormones

DOUBLE TROUBLE

Jungkook’s ear perked for the umpteenth time at the mention of “kidnapped” and “been a week” from the group of six people. His legs had been so itchy to jump into the group and blurt out his opinion. He wasn’t intending to eavesdrop but EatJin’s construction was somehow very supporting for crews to overhear them. Seokjin made his workstation opened and could be reached only by climbing short steps. The higher place gave him an overall view of the front area and wider space to resonate customer’s voice.

Jungkook, Hoseok, and Seokjin were isolating themselves in the kitchen area: the bartender was busy making cups of coffee (“Smoothie for Jiminiee!”), Jungkook was doing his punishment, which was washing dishes without wasting any glass, and Seokjin was filling the canister with various dishes, with a sour face and protruded lips.

Jungkook took in Seokjin’s scornful look, admiring the delicate feature of the older. He looked so lovable even in an annoyed state that Jungkook just wanted to kiss away that pout for the sake of human race’s continuity because Kim Seokjin was the sunshine. His sunshine, to be precise. And no human could live without a star. So did Jungkook. (I really need to vomit.) If the boy was an iPhone, he would be the burst mode now. No perfection of Kim Seokjin got left out.

“Admiring much?” Suddenly a low voice broke his train of thought, followed by mint scent next to him and a tip of someone’s nose grazing his jawline a bit. He caught a glimpse of pink strands from the corner of his eyes, immediately relating to the guy he met on the street with Seokjin a few weeks ago. The same guy who sunk into the sofa, hitting the walking dead guy’s forearm with Luigi’s figurine repetitively while making the crashing sound effect which clearly annoyed the hell out of the stoic guy.

“I know, that princess is one fine pretty thang. I must admit, he is hella y, even ier when he is fuming and start screaming at me,” he whispered. Jungkook was a teenager and reading a teenager was as easy as reading Sunlight’s advertisement on a billboard. Even hidden feeling transpired to the air through his pores and that signed Taehyung that the boy was building a wall against him. Probably defending his jelly.

“But, I bet he likes you more. You have, like, nice shoulders. You fight a lot, young man?” He smiled to Jungkook while patting his tensed shoulders before walking around the preparation table to return to his seat.

“Ah! What date is today?” He suddenly halted.

“1st of April?” The younger replied hesitantly. Taehyung simultaneously snapped his fingers eagerly with a determined face.

“Exactly,” said him before walking away, back to his seat and leaving the dumbfounded Jeon.

“Gratuliere!” The pink haired waved without turning. “Ich werde nicht deine Freundin sagen!” (read: “I won’t tell your girlfriend!”)

Being a genius didn’t guarantee you not to be fooled. And not to meet a trickier brat. (“Hey! Qu’est-ce que c’est???”)


 

“Since when you speak German?” said Yoongi before sipping his macchiato.Taehyung put down his mug and casually said, “Since three minutes ago”, completely ignoring the platinum-haired disdainful look.

“Hyosang has heart eyes for Max Riemelt. And probably still has them now,” passed Taehyung while still scrutinizing something on his phone screen.

“So?” Taehyung looked at Yoongi dramatically, with a dramatic resting face too.

“You don’t know Max Riemelt?”

“No?”

“Just go back to 1827 and wail beside Beethoven’s last repose.”

“What??”

“I said you look like a grasshopper.” That was rewarded with a Min Yoongi slap on his thigh which made the younger cried. Yoongi muttered “serves you right” before munching an egg roll.

There was a silent after that, Yoongi with his meal and Taehyung with his phone, the frown got deeper and deeper on his face after five minutes struggling with something only God knew. The mint haired joined after being called by the executive, passing the call to Namjoon who quickly jumped and dashed to the office with lettuce still jutting out from his mouth and puffed cheeks full of rice and vegetables. It was so iconic that the squad got stomachache seeing his state, even Seokjin and Hoseok couldn’t hide their teeth, and Taehyung worsened it with “HE LOOKS LIKE A MOUNTAIN GOAT! GOAT OF DESTRUCTION!”

“Hey alien, I need more rice.”

“eomxkcxidjkimseokjindkdmks.” (read: “Talk to Kim Seokjin.”)

“What the…”

“eomxkcxidjkimseokjindkdmks!” (read: “Talk to Kim Seokjin!”)

“Speak like a human, Kim Tae !”

“You called me alien, how am I supposed to talk like a human ??!!” Yoongi and Taehyung stopped their bicker when someone coughed, resulting them to pivot to the source of the sound and found a deadpanned Jungkook who held the mop with frowning Seokjin covering the boy’s both ears.

“I’m sorry, gentlemen but we have a child here. And even though we have free wifi here but profanity is not free.”

“He’s not a child,” said Yoongi rather calmly.

“akskdjcjfjjevxdjzkknndj.” (read: “He is a high school student.”)

“I’m sure he knows more profanities than us.”

“sjncjjdkdloommdmfksoofn.” (read: “Don’t be overprotective.”)

“Look at his face.”

“nckskkmskxnekfl.” (read: “He likes you.”)

“For sake, Kim Taehyung-” Yoongi lost his cool once again.

“Hey!” Seokjin and Taehyung shouted at the same time, both looking at each other before turning away to Yoongi.

“Anyways!” Taehyung clapped. “Noona, help me.” Seokjin frowned at him before saying, “Why should I help you?”

“Because I’m your customer. You have to treat me like a king,” Taehyung answered.

“I don’t treat a narcisstic and customer.”

“You keep grudges, don’t you?” The detective smirked.

“No!”

“Then, come here.” Seokjin pouted, slowly releasing his hands from Jungkook’s ears and walked closer to the pink haired. Taehyung immediately pulled him to his side, not minding the pain that seared when Seokjin’s shoulder collided with his forearm. There wasn’t a fix theory or formula, just a natural behavior and out of unconsciousness, but if you were smitten with someone, nothing from them could hurt you. Even I agreed.

The chef bewildered at the proximity, eyes were widening at the sight of Taehyung’s side profile only a few inches from him. The man, at the other side, looked unaffected, keeping his focus on the phone.

“Don’t be too surprised. We’ve been closer than this,” said Taehyung amidst smirking. Blush quickly tinted Seokjin’s cheeks and heat rose inside him. He was certain Taehyung could feel his skin steaming through his palm that still held his wrist tight yet gentle. He didn’t want another Taehyung Parade whenever the other saw him blushing like a tomato, even though he knew it was late and futile, he tried to break free.

The result was as he predicted.

“Noona, I’m sure you like aesthetic thing. Even EatJin becomes so aesthetic like this, colored in different shades of pink and urban style furniture. You must be very updated.”

“D-don’t beat a-around the b-bush,” answered Seokjin nervously.

“Don’t beat around the bush, fine. I want you to teach me,” said Taehyung while looking at Seokjin.

“W-what?”

Teach me the aesthetic of your lips,” Seokjin swore his heart skipped a bit and before he knew it, he already screamed out, “You ert!” while pointing an accusing finger to Taehyung with watery eyes yet knitted eyebrows.

“What?! I haven’t even said anything! Yoongi you saw that, right?!”

“Yeah. He hasn’t even said anything. What’s wrong with you?” asked Yoongi casually.

Seokjin blinked. Was I hearing things? He shook his head, hoping to clear his mind. But, wouldn’t shaking head mix the thought more? I wonder too.

“I want you to teach me how to use Tumblr,” the pink haired explained. Seokjin still didn’t answer. He hesitantly looked at Jungkook to check the other’s expression. He had ruined hismature image pretty much in front of the younger, now he was nervous that the boy had seen him the other way.

“Teach me how to-”

“I know how to use Tumblr. I post a few things,” voiced Jungkook suddenly, disrupting Taehyung’s sentence. He had a teasing smile and cocked his head in a rather challenging manner.

Taehyung only looked at the younger, his jawline hardened, before his right corner lips stretched upward.

“I don’t think you have the required taste for Tumblr’s aesthetic.

“What is in Tumblr comes from real life. I think I have a high-class taste for real life art that makes my account extraordinary. You’ve found out yourself about that.”

Taehyung didn’t reply but his smirk was still prominent and lasers from both men were still trying to harm each other.

“I like you, you know. You’re like a billboard sign.”

“Yeah, I like you too, hyung. You’re like a gift wrapper.”

 

To Be Continued


 

A/N

NUGU TTAEMUNE ???? SEOKJIN TTAEMUNE !!!! *dances hard* Been a long time people, I’m sorry. But I still update it right? I’m an expert in slow update *dab*

I was taking my german test thats why i focused more on my test and of course skool shiz thats not so cool. So busy guys i barely had soul weeks ago. Spare me life guys :")

So how is it guys ? FINALLY ! THE BEGINNING OF THE DOUBLE TROUBLE HA HA HA HA you know, three minutes i listen to a lovely song then change it to war of hormone. And i know it's a bit late but the PD of RUN BTS definitely read my mind they made a skit about detective and namjoon, taehyung, suga and jungkook are detectives HA read my mind

I hope you guys love it and gotta log out ! COMMENT YOUR THOUGHT I LOVE TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU GUYS and also subscribe and upvote ;) Bye !

 

-gie