[Chapter 10] Ride

DOUBLE TROUBLE

Taehyung was the type of human who could set his own weather and sally forth a snake pit. As simple as lying down on a couch, putting his head on the armrest, crossing his arms and closing eyes without giving a heed towards Yoongi’s hardcore judging look with a little taste of disbelief, he ducked out from his responsibility and colleagues for seven minutes.

The profiler was at ease until he felt a hefty thing landed on his face, dispersing his own nirvana of rainbow unicorns and chubby cupids and endless downpour of money into a painful sensation all over his face especially his nose.

“Aish, Min Yoongi this in’ !” Instantly knowing the potential culprit, Taehyung shot up from his position, cursing Yoongi loudly when all the captain did was staring at Jongsuk’s details on the whiteboard. The accused man shouted a “What have I done??!!” from his spot. Taehyung had already rolled his sleeves, ready to pick up a fight when he saw a pair of leg in front of him and looked up only to meet Jimin’s perplexed face.

“I am the one hitting you with book, Kim,” Taehyung looked at Yoongi who stuck out his tongue at him. The profiler exhaled before saying, “spit it” to Jimin while leaning back into the sofa.

Jimin narrowed his eyes at Taehyung, inspecting the other’s expression. Taehyung’s mouth gaped in disbelief at how stooped Jimin was suddenly when all the older did was observing him.

“Dear Lord, Jimin, I have no forever. I have other things to do. Just spit it out.”

“Other things you mean sleeping?” Taehyung turned his head to Yoongi, deadpanned. He sighed for the nth time, adding more CO2 in the cold room.

“In my beloved confidant I trust my deepest secret. In the deepest slumber, I trust my utmost intelligence.” Yoongi snorted.

“And to my dearest cohort-” He raised an eyebrow and the rest of the detectives looked in high expectancy (they knew what they expected already). Taehyung absorbed power from their curiosity, feeling his smirk grew in each second.

“ off.” Taehyung dodged an english dictionary a second later, thrown by noone but his captain.

“Move to meeting room! We’ve got evidence-” Yoongi looked at Taehyung who sold his innocent face again. “And a body.”

 

D O U B L E T R O U B L E

 

Jungkook twisted the key until he heard the clicking sound. He removed the key from its padlock and gave it to Seokjin who was waiting behind him. The older gave him a smile while saying “thank you” which the younger quickly responded with a gentle smile too.

“Let’s go home?” Seokjin cocked his head to the bus stop near the restaurant.

 

(Oh yeah, Seokjin sent his car to the workshop to get a few repair. Taehyung’s attendance was going to be counted with fixed minimum purchase to repay Seokjin’s expenditure for the workshop. After all, it’s the gumshoe’s fault for choosing a small alley when he could just legalize the street race.)

 

The younger nodded and led the older to the bus stop. Both of them sat down on the empty place, Jungkook playing with his backpack strap and Seokjin fiddling with his fingers. Both of them tried to get rid of the awkward moment but it wasn’t even a moment; it was the breeze that brought chill to their spine, so they couldn’t really shun it. They couldn’t avoid the awkwardness unless someone lent them a jacket-

Have I told you that Jungkook was a fast learner, faster than the older who busily rubbed his arms as a futile attempt to fight the cold? If you haven’t, then, there you go.

“Hyung, uh…” Seokjin turned to look at the younger.

“Yeah, Jungkook?”

“Are you… probably-” The boy scratched his not-so-itchy backhead, fumbling among words and tripping at his own options.

If you ask him whether he is cold or not he will refuse your jacket and putting your health first. Then what’s the point of asking him!? You gotta be bold, Jeon Jungkook. That’s in your veins already. Now, don’t be an all hat and no cattle.

Jungkook removed his backpack, placing it next to Seokjin before removing his jacket uniform. He squatted to match Seokjin’s position and gently covered the jacket around the older’s shivering body. Old school romance but it did the trick as Seokjin’s cheeks began coloring with softer shades of red, not sure if it’s due to the cold or Jungkook’s treatment.

“You don’t have to do this, Jungkook,” said Seokjin while the high school student pulled both sides of the jacket closer to make sure the older was nicely shielded from cold.

“It’s okay. I have good immune,” the younger grinned, showing his bunny teeth. The boy stayed in the position (squatting in front of sitting Seokjin and looking into the older’s eyes ever so lovingly and warmly and wishing he could moisten the chap on his red lips) until the bus’ main beam shone their figure and was here to take them home. Jungkook, only in his white shirt and trousers, snatched his backpack and led Seokjin getting into the bus. He silently said goodbye to the cold wind as the automatic door closed behind his back and the bus departed.

The bus was empty, only a human covered with hoodie, sleeping so sound with crossed arms and sprawled legs that occupied the corner left seat at the very back of the vehicle. Seokjin chose the seat three rows before the back seat, happily sitting on the window side seat and waving to Jungkook to sit next to him. Jungkook couldn’t hide his smile at the adorable sight as he obediently followed Seokjin’s hand gesture, resting himself next to the older. They exchanged look and toothy smile before laughing at each other’s face, not sure of what they were thinking (yeah, me too don’t understand).

Seokjin was the first to break the fit of laughter by calling the younger’s nickname. “Kook-ah.” Jungkook responded with a simple, “yeah?” and it cued Seokjin to continue whatever he was going to tell the Jeon. Seokjin began with a smile, enough to convince Jungkook that no intended punishment was in store for him.

“I’m sorry to make you riding a public transportation,” said him. “But my car was really in a bad shape. And of course I can’t ride you to anywhere with that scraped car.”

“Why are you worrying over that, hyung?” Jungkook smiled. “Being a spoiled brat doesn’t guarantee that I never ride a bus.” His remark left Seokjin wide-eyed and bewilderment at the fact that Jungkook didn’t only know one type of vehicle: car.

“How? You always go to school by car.” Jungkook diverted his eyes from Seokjin, looking at the empty seats in front of them.

“I jump over the tall fence in every math class because I have nothing to do outside the classroom. So, I travel the town, by bus, and come back when school ends. Or at least, the time my favorite class begins.”

Seokjin went silent at Jungkook’s confession. He was reminded of Jungkook’s wounds and bruises again, almost automatically. He could tell exactly which one marring Jungkook’s cheeks and tearing his lips because the image wouldn’t fade away. Jungkook’s stiff expression when he met him in the counseling room had carved an impression in Seokjin’s memory and would be forever fresh.

“I’m sorry, hyung, for being a natural bad boy outside your apartment and EatJin,” said the younger apologetically. His eyes had taken interest in the bus’ floor now, not sparing glance to the older’s disappointed ones.

Seokjin had loads to tell Jungkook, about how the boy let him down and confused by his behavior and about the fact that his disquietude rose to a brand new level when he knew Jungkook boxed someone square in the face and got punched too. How tired he was actually from running almost a kilometer to save the younger’s bacon and he wanted Jungkook to massage him as a punishment. However, he was hindered by the thought of the boy might suffer from loneliness and he had the right to seek for attention at this moment. The older decided not to scold him in any ways and instead, telling the boy how he felt today. He could deal with the private talk later when both of their brains were clearer.

“To be honest, Jungkook, I never encountered any bad boys in my school life. I never paid attention to them because I made my circle only around people that I liked. I never imagined myself getting involved with them and…. Getting into a fight or bloodshed. I was friendly... and well-known because of my dad.” Seokjin lowered his head just the moment Jungkook began staring at him in curiosity. “Everyone feared my dad at that time, because my dad is a police until now. No-one dared to scar me unless they wanted to feel the calaboose themselves. So, bad boys better stayed away or they would have handcuff circling their wrists.” The older smiled as he reminisced the past. His eyes got heavier in each passing minute.

“But you, Jeon Jungkook, is a special case. I’m your guardian now, whew that sounds weird hahaha. Whatever you do now is my responsibility too and I ought to know the reason behind your behavior,” said Seokjin while pinching Jungkook’s cheek playfully (and seriously accelerating the boy’s heartbeat).

“Now, let hyung sleep, okay? You know, hyung got minimum score for 100m sprint back in the ol’ school day but look at me now. I ran a kilometer to your school! I ran, Jungkook! Wow! Hyung’s eyes….. are-” said the brunet before falling to Jungkook’s chest, his sentence never coming to its end. The lad only stared at the other’s evident cheek as Seokjin shifted to a more comfortable position. Jungkook shuddered at the ticklish sensation when Seokjin’s soft hair brushed against his neck and cursed secretly because Seokjin seemed so comfortable in that position. Yes, he was ticklish on the neck.

Anyhow, they arrived at their stop with Seokjin still sound asleep and Jungkook almost got rid of the ticklish feeling on that certain area. He’d gotten used to it after twenty minutes ride.

 

D O U B L E T R O U B L E

 

“Jungkook-ah~ Kookie~ My bunny kookie~” Jungkook only let out a small groan while adjusting Seokjin’s position on his back. “Shouldn’t you answer me? ‘Ne, hyung…’” Jungkook glared at Seokjin through the corner of his eyes.

“Just go to sleep, hyung.”

“I’m not sleeping, Jungkook. I’m deaad serious,” said Seokjin with his eyes closed and consciousness was somewhere not around him.

“Yeah, yeah whatever you say hyung,” said the boy while bowing a little to the apartment’s guard in front of the front entrance who looked at them bewildered. Basically, all people in the lobby stared at them as if they’d never seen a “piggy back ride” and Jungkook even needed a help from the janitor to push the elevator’s button. Good thing that no-one was in the elevator so Jungkook could move freely because he needed to adjust Seokjin’s position one more time and no-one was there to question him things. A 65kg man was not an easy task to handle while talking, no matter how bulked Jungkook with muscles.

With a lot of energy and determination, the boy (and the older man on his back) arrived in front of their shared apartment. All that the boy should do was jabbing the lock and twisted the knob. But Seokjin was fated to make things harder for him.

“Jungkook-ah. If you ever feel so lonely-” Jungkook’s finger immediately stopped from punching in the code. “And need a care-” Seokjin tightened his enclosed arms around Jungkook’s neck and pressed his temple to Jungkook’s tenderly.

“I’m always here to love you, okay?”

Jungkook knew it wasn’t the kind of love that he’d ask for at the end of the day, someday, but he was spellbound nonetheless.

 

To be continued

 


 

Author’s Note

HELLO PEOPLEEEE!!!!! Another century you have to go through to get an update, I know, just stone this pro-procrastinator :”( nah, i just have my holiday that’s why im updating HA IM BACK FROM THE UNDERWORLD

But I’m here, bringing an update for you guysssss!!!! ANd it’s jinkook centric. I know this is taejin fic but i tag jinkook anyways and yeah #jinkookneedsmorelove

I will probably update a yoonmin-centric chapter later or another taejin fluff maybe(?) while slowly and steadily bringing up the .

Also, I have a new fanfiction and it’s JJProject fic. Please check it out! Cus the plot is as extraordinary as DOUBLE TROUBLE ;) Not gonna be long, see ya in the next chapter!

 

-Gie

 

ANOTHER PIECE OF JUNK:

And All Hell Broke Loose