[Chapter 3] Was just

DOUBLE TROUBLE

Please read A/N ! 


          Jungkook's eyes twinkled.

          "Seokjin-ah this is my son, Jungkook. Jungkook why don't you introduce yourself ?" His mom pivoted only to find an awestruck Jungkook behind her. The boy didn't even flinch when the middle-aged lady poked him on the waist, the area of his body that's famous for being extra ticklish.

          He wondered himself if he's out of the world because nothing else seemed to exist but a young man, a little older than him yet his face said otherwise. When he curled his lips upward, his cheeks would rise, making eye-smiles and arches that resembled cat's whiskers.

          The stunning sight reminded him of his own axiom that Jeon Jungkook would never believe in heaven before he saw it himself. All the definitions and descriptions and imageries about "heaven" had never been certain and final. Some people described places, some people described occasion, and some people described other people, claiming them as their own "heaven". That's why Jungkook would never believe the existence of heaven before defining it himself.

          But boy, believing actually took only a mere second.

          The moment he laid his eyes on the soon-to-be his boss, he was certain that Kim Seokjin was the ultimate definition of heaven and his brain was now busy registering the word into Jeon Jungkook's Dictionary.

          Heaven was, once again dear audiences, a young man, slightly older than him with a baby face and cute chubby cheeks that rose every time he smiled, making two adorable eyes-smiles and arches that resembled cat's whiskers.

          "Kook ! Jeon Jungkook !" His mom slapped him hard on the forearm, waking him from his teenage fantasy full of pink hearts and cupids and wild hormone war that never ever happened in the past twenty years of his lifetime.

          "Uh, what did I miss ?" He smiled awkwardly while scratching a non-existent itch on the back of his head.

          "You missed your sanity, Kook." The lady Jeon was a living altrocity and Jungkook couldn't fully blame her for he was also a walking sadistic. Just sometimes, Jungkook felt a little pang when his mom acted like a friend and not a mom. "You smiled like a mad man. Wow, my son is a mental." Mrs. Jeon rolled her eyes in annoyance meanwhile Jungkook's smile was faltering, both due to his mom's sentence and the elder's welcoming smile that turned into an awkward one.

          Jeon Jungkook where’s the cool ?! Damn, you must scare the haven outta him !

          Jungkook mentally slapped himself for acting dumb while collecting consciousness. "Sorry for spacing out." He extended his hand for a shake when he had gotten his cool. "Jeon Jungkook."

          The older man accepted his offering along with a blithesome smile that Jungkook worshiped more than his PS4. "Hi, Jungkook ! I'm Kim Seokjin ! Just call me Jin hyung !" He giggled cheerfully.

          Is mom giving me a punishment or a birthday gift ?

          How shameful. The cocky, ill-mannered, genius Young Master Jeon was just an idiot around his crush. His birthday was not even today.

 

          Taehyung jutted out his lips watching the pissed off chef scribbling something on a piece of paper. The title was "CONTRACT" and the sight of the word kind of annoyed Taehyung. Contract was something serious, not a childish doodle that you could get away with if you accidentally, or not, ripped the paper. Contract meant a column of legalized vows. And Taehyung hated vows.

          The detective leaned toward the other who sat across him. "Look, princess-"

          "Stop calling me that, can you ?" Seokjin glared at him, halting his hand movement on the paper. Taehyung pressed his lips into a thin line, not wanting the sequel of Seokjin’s ultrasonic shrill that deafened his ears and cut out all essential systems that kept him functioning. He leaned back, waiting patiently while the latter was finishing the stuff.

          "I can still call you princess. We will meet again and again and again." Taehyung muttered while bobbing his head to emphasize 'again'. Seokjin hissed at the idea of meeting Taehyung occasionally. His dedication to fix the officers' eating habit was ruined because he was considering about relocating EatJin as soon as Taehyung signed what's written on the paper. There were a lot more police stations around Seoul and he's sure his dad could lend him some money for a new restaurant. The chance to meet the younger will be deducted, or not meeting at all.

          "Don't ever think of relocating, princess. I like this place already despite... the hardcore pink decoration-" Taehyung lifted the vintage cup with flowers ornament. "And princess' tea party stuffs. This is actually cute-" He looked into Seokjin's eyes playfully, knowing that he hit the bull’s eye.

          "Like you." Taehyung smirked, having his own colorful grand parade when he saw Seokjin's face flushed. He observed Seokjin that no matter how annoyed the older was his eyes would glisten with softness. Seokjin's just playing charade around him, barking loudly but not having a heart to bite. Taehyung knew the victory was solely his because Jin couldn’t even lay his fist on Taehyung’s skin. This was what he called as a victory.

          Ugh, Seokjin wanted to sass, Seokjin wanted to hit that naughty lips of Kim Taehyung with his sneakers and maybe stabbed those mocking eyes with chopsticks but he –and Taehyung- knew, he just couldn’t. And just an itsy part of his heart wanted revenge to the detective, maybe shoving Taehyung's face into a T-rex's whatnot.

          But T-rex had extinct. Even if it resurrected, how the hell Seokjin reached T-Rex’s ? Ladder ? Put Taehyung in a cannon and shoot ?

          How shameful. Sassy Pink Princess Kim Seokjin was just a Pink Princess. How the heaven his face turned rosy because of Kim Asshyung ?

          I deserve karma for punching people, thought him, unable to root out the shameful memory (that was worsened by Taehyung).

         

          Taehyung pivoted when he heard loud hacking, a high-pitched cough that was obviously Jimin’s thingy (He would be the one coughing blood if it’s Namjoon’s). And he was greeted with a mess; Jimin who looked like snorting his green tea latte, Taehyung didn't even get the idea how it came into his nostrils, Yoongi with his agape mouth and hand stopping midway from eating chicken katsu and Namjoon who sat on the floor rather on the foot stool, legs spreading and eyes staring at Taehyung dumbfounded. Out of the three, Namjoon was always the extremist one in every -ridiculous- occurrence despite his rank among the members and Taehyung opened his mouth to humiliate but he was stopped by the chef.

          "Namjoon-ssi ? What are you doing there ?" Namjoon stood up before dusting himself and flashing a smile ("Does his brain breed a cow or what... Is it so heavy that he can't stand properly ? Embarrassing, tsk." –an excerpt from Kim Taehyung’s unsaid humiliation) to Seokjin.

          "Tryna sit but.... lost it. Haha...." he added dryly and seated himself properly on the ottoman, giving a last reassuring smile to the restaurant's owner.

          "Okay… Jimin ? You need help there ?" Seokjin turned to his cousin worryingly since the younger couldn't stop hacking and snorting, trying to remove the latte's residual inside his nose. Jimin shook both his head and hand, hoping it'd non-verbally wipe away Seokjin's worry.

          "I'll just go to the toilet." Jimin excused himself from the group to the kitchen counter, helping himself with water. Seokjin was back to the well-written contract, which Taehyung had a catastrophic war about Seokjin's gender due to his beautiful and orderly handwrite on a piece of empty legal paper, and the younger man. He signed it first then asked one more time to confirm the lad's name, not wanting to fail the contract.

          "Kim Taehyung, aren't you ?"

          "I'd rather go by Jo Insung." Seokjin snorted at the blatant narcissism.

          "What ?" Taehyung leaned closer to Seokjin. "I think I'm in the same level with him." Seokjin scoffed. "Look at your legs Kim Taehyung-ssi. How come you are in the same level with him ?" He hit the younger's head with the silver spoon.

          "Adorable and clever. I. Like. It. So much." Taehyung smirked, wishing for another flushing episode of Seokjin that he found truly cute. And his wish was granted as soon as he leaned back to his seat. Was Seokjin even a man ? He fell for compliments too easily and extremely obvious. Sometimes, Taehyung wondered if Seokjin was actually submissive as well so he could call him ‘wifey’.

          "S-stop doing that Taehyung." Seokjin looked away. "And don't call me princess. I'm older than you."

          "I don't think I can do that. People will definitely think I am a liar if I call you 'hyung' instead of 'Seokjin-ah~'. Your face screams that, ya know." The older opened his mouth in disbelief when Taehyung called his name in a singsong. "Now now, I don't own forever. Hand me the contract, I'll sign it."

          Taehyung hastily snatched the paper, slowly studying the content. Seokjin fiddled with his fingers across the soft strawberry haired, listening to Taehyung's hmms and ughs. He only pivoted once to the group who now was enjoying the free dessert from Hoseok, not paying attention to them. It didn't take three hours for the lad to scribble down his sign, took a photo of it with his phone camera just in case and placed it on the table upside-down so the blank page was facing the ceiling.

          "I have work, so I'll get goin'. See ya soon." He got up briskly, shocking the group of four that previously was busy chatting about new dramas. He didn’t even wait for Seokjin to reread the paper or shook his hand as a symbol of peace whatnot. Taehyung passed them, hiding his hands in his three-quarter coat's pockets.

          "Where are you going, Taehyung-ssi ?"

          "You're not going to eat ?"

          Hoseok and Seokjin asked in the same time, looking at each other in confusion afterward. Taehyung halted his feet at the unexpected questions, dramatically turning to the source of voices and slightly hunching his head to make a fake double-chin.

          "I'm going back to the office, Hoseok. As I said before, I don't own forever." Taehyung’s smile changed into a prominent smirk, as well as his polite tone that transposed into the flirty one the moment he laid his eyes on Seokjin. "How pretty of you to ask that. But I'm already full since you are such an eye candy and I keep looking at you for good twenty minutes." Ugh, I take back my kindness, thought Seokjin. “Anyways, thank you for asking-“ Taehyung bowed gracefully like a prince in every classic story. "Noona." And he danced Michael Jackson only to point at Hoseok. "And hyung."

          One thing that Seokjin learned about the younger was so eccentric that he liked to emphasize his keyword even when it's pretty obvious already. Second, he was dramatic as hell as if his parents stuffed him soap opera for his breakfast, lunch and dinner in his childhood. Third, how he loved calling Seokjin with womanish references such as noona- wait. What ?

          "Kim Taehyung ! Ya !"

          "'Noona' is final and unchanged. You signed it too ! Adios nachos potatoes jalapenos !" He waved cheerfully before opening the door and flew quickly to the office only twenty steps from the restaurant.

          "Tell me brainiac, what kind of Spanish was that ?" Yoongi pointed his spoon to Namjoon who stared at the entrance blankly.

          "Taehyung Spanish,” said Namjoon.

          "'Noona' is final and unchanged ?" Seokjin repeated to himself.

          You signed it too !

          Taehyung's voice lingered, repeating itself like a broken record inside Seokjin's head. He didn't really recall that he signed about Taehyung calling him 'noona'. He remembered everything that he wrote in the contract, the payback, Taehyung is banned from his car and problems around nickname.

         

          Oh.

 

          Seokjin perked as the thought flashed. He hastily turned over the paper, not needing to read one by one but shot right to the last agreement. His pupils dilated as soon as he found it.

 

          Kim Taehyung will not call Kim Seokjin with 'princess' but masculine references. Noona ^^

 

          Under the last agreement, etched his own autograph and capitalized name.

 

-Double Trouble-

 

          What a life of Jeon Jungkook. A genius, rich young master cleans dishes and mops ??? Jungkook looked up at the simple building painted in pink pastel. He read the plate name attached on the wall. EatJin.

          EatJin ? Jungkook rubbed his eyes one more time, reassuring himself that this was the right place. Her mom's voice resonated in his head, saying the exact name of the restaurant. But his mom didn't say that it'd be a girls' hangout place.

          Okay, calm and see again. Do not judge. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. The building's color was still pink and looked like an all-girl restaurant from outside, no matter how long his prayer and wish.

          Jungkook. Why did you nod so eagerly that time ? Jungkook rubbed his face with expectation that it'd erase the shame emerging from his pores. Not because of the pink building or the idea that his mom was selling him to Seokjin to host ahjummas and random girls, but because pedestrians especially some students who probably were the same age as him was staring weirdly. Most girls were giggling and pointing at his direction as if he was the mascot of pink EatJin. Jungkook was aware that more girls were fangirling as he caught a "Ohmygod he is so cute, visiting a pink shop !' and a 'He is too cute ! Is he a staff there ?' And he was also aware that some elderly would judge him with their traditional mindset and blah-blah for standing and hesitating in front of a 'pink shop'. Yeah, Jungkook was hesitant and only stood there, moving his weight to his left leg and having a mental fight.

          Just when he almost turned around, the image of the angel, the filial son of Aphrodite’s hot night with Mr. Kim and the only reason of his irrational death ("Damn, mom you should stop feeding me drama !") struck him like someone was forcefully sticking it to his forehead. He was enlightened and full of spirit again. So, he boosted his fist upward, his eyebrows were knitting and his smirk was screaming determination, almost breaking the glass door.

          "FOR THE SAKE OF KIM-SEOK-JIN !"

         

          I took back my foreword. I described this teenage wrongly.

 

          Jungkook cleared his throat after looking awkwardly at those screaming fangirls (“I got fanboys too ?!”) and quickly sped up into the building. Seokjin technically messed his head up, kicking his cool, chic, and rationality. If it’s not for his angelic personality and out of the world smile, Jungkook would definitely burry him alive.

          The moment he closed the door, he sighed in relief, praising himself for the fast rescue he made. But the joy last in a flash of light when somone’s shriek pierced through the air, attaching the frightened Jungkook back to the glass door.

 

-Double Trouble-


Author's Note

It's already Tuesday ???? Goddammit.

ANYWAYS HELLO GUYS I'M BACK !!! Chapter 3 is up whoop whoop ^^

Double trouble begins huh ? Hehehehehehe~ Hopefully I still got the fun side and cheesiness to make you vomit *smirks

Any Taejin ways, I have something to discuss and announce. Please take time to comment if you have any suggestions.

- Since this is a detective story I'd like to add some detective cases but, okay I am a dumb really, since I'm not a detective I can't really tell it. I've been watching some detective dramas such as Mrs. Cop 2 and Missing Noir M but only watching doesn't make it clearer to me. And they are really detailed since it has longer story. So, I want to know if you guys still need a detailed detective case or I can leave it vague behind Taejin/Jinkook cheesy actions or you have other suggestions/helpful sources to help me about the detective cases. I want to be one but my parents don't allow me *sighs*

And also I'd like to inform you that I'll have interior design course starting next week and also school, can I curse ohmygod school why WHY. I'm afraid my update won't be in order anymore cause you know, I might have brain death due to school's tasks and organization *kneels* and writer's block and mood swings. So, please have mercy and don't shoot me for lacking of updates ;_; I LOVE YOU GUYS <3<3<3

Bye now !

-Gie