Gym Rat

Swipe Right

All three of them woke up with intense hangovers.  Kihyun had it the hardest, his head pounding so hard it felt like his brain was trying to punch its way out of his skull.  Minhyuk had just returned with coffees for the group and was wearing shades, despite it almost being winter.  Kihyun's head hung over his cup of coffee and he squinted at the little sunlight streaming in from the window.  Minhyuk handed Shownu a coffee as the older came out of the bathroom.  

"Thanks.  How's he?"  Shownu asked, nodding towards Kihyun as he took a sip of his drink.  

"He'll be fine.  Thank God it's Saturday, if he had to go to classes like this he would have gotten thrown out."  

"Yeah, probably.  Hey, I'm gonna go to the gym.  I'll see you later."  Shownu grabbed his wallet, key, and phone before running out the door.  While he walked to the campus gym, he finally checked his phone and saw the message from the guy on Tinder.  He frowned at the cracked screen but the text brought a little smile to his face.

Shownu: Hey.  He was a man of few words, both in speech and in text.  A few minutes later, Wonho had replied.

Wonho: Lol that's all I get?  You left me hanging all night  :'(

Shownu: Sorry, I was at a party and then my friend got really drunk 

Wonho: It's cool.  But on the plus side, you're the first guy on here that I've talked to that hasn't asked for a pic in the first two lines of conversation *thumbs up emoji*

Shownu: Haha

Wonho: So... Whatcha doin?

Shownu: Gonna work out, I actually have to go now, I guess I'll talk to you later

Wonho: Aight talk to you soon ;)

Shownu stared at the winky face for a short while.  Is he flirting?  He wondered as he walked into the gym and through the locker room.  That is what people do on this app.  He bumped into someone on their way out but he was engrossed in something on his phone and didn't look up as Shownu muttered a quiet "Sorry."  From inside the locker room he could hear someone shouting outside.

"Hyungwon I swear, this is the last time I'm coming to pick your sorry up from some chick's house. ... Yeah yeah, whatever... You owe me, again."  

Shownu ignored the frustrated voice outside and went to the weight room to start his routine.  A little over an hour later and he was thoroughly drenched in sweat.  He could already feel his muscles ache as he wiped his face with a towel on the walk to the locker room.  After a short shower, Shownu left the gym and went to the cafeteria for breakfast.   As he sat down at a table outside, he felt the urge to text Wonho.  He normally didn't initiate the conversation, but Wonho seemed like a cool guy.  And it was Shownu's third year in college and he was getting kind of lonely.  Rooming with Kihyun and Minhyuk was great, but they had all been thrown together in their first year and had become really close.  To be perfectly honest, Shownu was getting a little tired of the two all the time.  Minhyuk's energy was unbelievable sometimes and Kihyun was just a handful all around.  It was almost winter and the air was a little brisk, sending a shiver down Shownu's spine.  He pulled out his phone and checked to see if Wonho had texted him already.  He had not.

Shownu: Just got out of the gym, if you wanted to know... He read over the text after he sent it and wondered what had possessed him to send that.  Halfway through his fruit cup, Wonho texted back.

Wonho: What gym do you go to?  Maybe I'll run into you

Shownu: I go to the one on Seoul National University's campus

Wonho: You go there too? :D

Shownu: Yeah, you go here?

Wonho: Yep!  It's not a surprise we haven't run into each other though, this campus is huge >.<

Shownu: Yeah, I still get lost sometimes :'(

Wonho: Damn, I gotta go X'(  Gotta drive my friend around... again

Shownu: Okay, I'll talk to you later 

Wonho: Don't miss me too much ;)

Shownu spent more time than he should have rereading the conversation with a smirk on his face.  Those damn winky faces just threw him off.  

Wonho was leaning against his car, waiting for Hyungwon to come out of a dorm building so he could drive the idiot around for the hundreth day in a row.  Well, not the hundreth day, but Wonho often found himself driving his friend around.  

"I gotta stop by Jooheon and Changkyun's dorm.  They have my wallet and Jooheon took my some of my textbooks."  Hyungwon said as he walked up to Wonho.  With a heavy sigh, Wonho got into the driver seat and rolled his eyes at Hyungwon.

"You cut my workout short."  Wonho said, irritated.

"Sorry, I'll pay you back eventually."  

"You owe me so much money.  Do you know how much it would add up to if I calculated how much gas I use driving you around?"  Wonho asked rhetorically.

"10,000 won?"  Hyungwon guessed.

"More like 50,000 won jeez.  I should charge you for the hours you take out of my life too."  Wonho said bitterly.  Being Hyungwon's chauffeur was annoying, but Wonho did it anyway becuase he really had nothing else to do.

"You got a text"  Hyungwon said, picking up Wonho's phone.

"Yah!  That's my business, stop snooping."  Wonho yelled, trying to grab his phone while still keeping his eyes on the road.  Hyungwon eventually put his phone back and leaned against the window, humming some new song while he watched the streets pass by.

When Wonho arrived at Jooheon and Changkyun's dorm building, he parked the car and told Hyungwon he would wait for them in the car.  As Hyungwon got out, Wonho grabbed his phone to check his messages.  His chest fell a little when he saw it was from Jooheon and not Shownu.  He didn't bother replying, Jooheon was going to be down in a few minutes anyway.

Hyungwon returned with Jooheon and Changkyun and the three of them got into Wonho's car.  

"We're going out tonight!"  Jooheon shouted once he got into the car.  "There's a party at Gunhee's place at 9, what should we do until then?"  

"Whoa whoa, I did not sign up to drive you three around for the day just so you could go out and party after."  Wonho protested.

"You're coming with us hyung!"  Changkyun exclaimed.  He had a huge smile and was overly excited for the night.

"Come on, we need someone to drive us home."  Jooheon whined.  Wonho looked over at Hyungwon, who had the most mischevious smirk plastered to his face.

"You knew didn't you?"  Wonho stated more than asked.  He got his answer when Hyungwon started laughing and just pat Wonho's shoulder.  With a huff, Wonho started the car and they drove around for a while before ending up at a BBQ place. 

~~~~~~~~

AN: Hello!  New chapter yay!!  Please comment and tell me your thoughts   I'll try to get the next chapter out soon :)

made minor changes because I realized some mistakes