Wallflower

Swipe Right

"Yah!  He's all grown up now!"  Jinyoung shouted as he pulled Yugyeom into a headlock.  They wrestled around for a little until Jaebum put an end to their antics.  

"We have a party to get ready for.  Gotta celebrate the right way."  He said as he went to help get the house set up for a party.  Mark was putting beers in the fridge, Jackson was putting up a sign with BamBam, and Youngjae was setting up the audio systems.  The party was going to start at nine and it was already eight thirty when they finally finished decorating and preparing. 

"Wonho!  Jooheon said his friend is having a party.  It's someone's birthday and he invited us.  We should go!"  Hyungwon shouted from their small living room.  Wonho came out of the bathroom, drying his hair with a towel.  

"Can't we just stay home one night?  Why is there always a party to go to?"  He complained.  

"We can get a cab home, I felt bad seeing you stand around with your soda."  Hyungwon tried to convince Wonho to go, and eventually Wonho gave up and agreed to go.

"Should we get a present?  If it's a birthday party?"  Wonho asked.  Hyungwon took a moment to think about it before shaking his head.

"We don't even really know him.  We could bring food?"  He suggested.  

"Yeah, that's probably good."  Wonho nodded in agreement as he went to his room to get dressed.  He looked through his closet for something simple but not too casual.  He finally settled on a gray t-shirt, some gray pants, and a black jacket.  Wonho walked out of his room and pulled on sneakers and a fluffly winter hat.  

"Hyungwon!  We should go now!"  He shouted.  His roommate dashed out of his room, shrugging a jacket on before he stopped in his tracks.

"Oh no.  You are not wearing that hat."  

"Why?  It's cute."  Wonho said, smiling.  Hyungwon just shook his head and walked past him into the hall.  Wonho followed behind and locked the apartment door behind the two.  

Shownu was standing away from the crowd with a drink in his hand.  He had left Minhyuk and Kihyun at the dorm this time.  Watching over those two was not something Shownu wanted to do when he was supposed to be celebrating Yugyeom's birthday.  Jaebum and Mark had disappeared (they were probably making out), Jackson was making a fool of himself in front of some of the girls, and Jinyoung was joking around with Youngjae, Yugyeom and BamBam.  He pulled out his phone and decided to text Wonho.  It had been a day or two since they last talked because they were both busy with classes.

Shownu: Whatcha doing?

Wonho felt his phone go off in his pocket but he was talking to Jooheon and didn't want to be rude.  Finally, Jooheon found his friend Jackson and the two went off on their own.  He pulled his phone out and saw a text from Shownu.  He immediately felt a smile tug at the corner of his mouth as he opened the message.

Wonho: My friend invited me to a party so I'm just socializing.  You?

Shownu: I'm at a party but all of my friends are doing stuff so I'm just kinda bored.

Wonho: Yeah my friend just left to hangout with someone else.  Forever alone :'(

Shownu: I don't usually go out this much, my roommates are the ones that usually drag me to these things

Wonho: Lol then why did you even go?

Shonwu: It's my friends' birthday 

Wonho: Wait, you're at a birthday party?!

Shownu: Yeah

Wonho: So am I!  What if we're at the same party?

Before Shownu could reply Jaebum yelled his name from upstairs.  

"Shownu-hyung!  You came!"  Jaebum waved from the top of the staircase, Mark right behind him.  

Did I just hear someone yell Shownu?  Wonho thought.  

"Hey!  What's up?"  Mark asked once they got down to where Shownu was.  

"Not much.  Oh, I got this for Yugyeom by the way.  He was busy so I didn't give it to him yet."  Shownu pulled out a little box and handed it to Mark.

"Great!  I'll go put it with the other presents."  Mark left Jaebum and Shownu to put the present away.

"Hey, is there a Shownu at this party?"  Wonho asked a random guy at the party.  

"Yeah, he's over there.  I was just talking with him."  Mark replied.  He pointed to the side of the room where Shownu and Jaebum were talking.

"Hey, hate to interupt but can I grab Shownu for a second?"  Wonho asked, coming up to the two.

"Uh, sure.  I'll see you around hyung."  Jaebum waved bye and went into the crowd to have fun and enjoy the night.

"Um, who are you?"  Shownu asked, slightly confused.

"I'm Wonho."  He smiled and held his hand out for a handshake.  

"Oh!  So we were at the same party."  

"Yeah, do you wanna go outside and talk?  Get away from this blasting music?"  

"Sure."  Shownu walked out with Wonho and they sat in the grass in front of the frat house.  Now that he was looking at Wonho in person, he was a lot hotter.  His profile picture and the pictures on his profile didn't do him justice.  

"We finally meet."  Wonho said, smiling brightly.