Meeting New People

Swipe Right

"I'm Jeonghan.  I noticed you too."  He replied, smiling.  Oh .  Hyungwon thought.  Jeonghan noticed the slight shock on Hyungwon's face and laughed a little.  

"I'm really sorry, I thought you were a girl... This is really awkward..."  Hyungwon mumbled, embarassed to the nth degree.

"It happens a lot.  Sorry to disappoint you."  Jeonghan joked.

"I think we have a class or two together.  You look kind of familiar."  At this point Hyungwon was just trying to make up for his epic fail.

"Maybe.  I've seen you around campus.  You're always with like six other people."  

"Yeah, they're my roommates.  It's kind of crazy sometimes.  That guy over there is Wonho, we used to share an apartment together before we moved in with the other five guys."  Hyungwon pointed back to where Wonho was.  He realized he had kind of just abandoned Wonho to talk to who he had thought was a pretty cute girl.  Wonho was probably texting Shownu or playing some phone game, he could survive a few more minutes.

"Wow, I share a house with twelve other people so I get what you mean.  I actually have to get back to class soon, but we could hangout sometime.  What's your number?"  

"Hm?  Oh, okay.  Here, I'll put it in your phone."  Hyungwon was caught off guard by the offer but went with it, seeing no reason not to hangout with Jeonghan.  After they exchanged numbers, Hyungwon went back over to Wonho and sat down with a sigh.

"So you realized she's a he?"  Wonho said, not looking up from his phone.

"What?  You knew?"  Hyungwon replied, shocked.

"Yeah, he's on the basketball team.  Sometimes Shownu and I go to watch their practice after he finishes his swim practice.  He and like, four of his friends are on the team."  Wonho sipped his coffee with a devious smirk.  Hyungwon was fun to mess around with.

"I can't believe you let me make a fool of myself."  Hyungwon groaned and sank into his chair, covering his face with his hands.

"It looked like it went well."  Wonho said, sort of encouragingly.  

"I think he thinks I'm a complete weirdo.  Uggg."  Hyungwon sunk farther into his seat.

"Well you got his number.  That's a lot better than most of the other guys do."  Wonho said, casually.

"Wait, he's gay?"  Hyungwon asked, not super shocked but still curious.

"Yeah, I ran into him once or twice at a bar downtown."  Wonho winked, knowing Hyungwon wasn't about that life.  Hyungwon nodded a little as Wonho talked.  I mean, he was pretty cute.  But I only went up to him because I thought he was a girl.  I'm not gay right?  No, I can't be.  I've only ever felt attracted to girls.  Hyungwon's thoughts were clear as day to Wonho, but like a good friend, Wonho stayed silent and let Hyungwon figure it out.  If he needed to talk he would.  Wonho got up and shook Hyungwon out of his thoughts and the two went to get some homework done.