Roommates

Swipe Right

Shownu woke up to the sound of pots being banged against each other and music blasting from a speaker.

"Wake up hyung!  It's the big day!"  Minhyuk yelled.  Jooheon brought the speaker closer to the bed and Changkyun clashed symbals together.  Shownu slowly sat up and rubbed sleep from his eyes and brought a pillow around his ears.  Wonho jumped on the bed and kissed his cheek before dragging him out of the room and to the kitchen.

"Our papa bear has to eat a big breakfast!"  Changkyun shouted.  The noise stopped as everyone sat around the dining table.  Hyungwon stumbled down the stairs, Kihyun right behind him.  

"Thank god, the noise was hurting my head."  Hyungwon complained.  Wonho brought out plates of food that he had made for breakfast.  

"Thanks babe."  Shownu said as Wonho sat down next to him.  He gave Wonho a peck on the lips before starting eating.  A silence fell around the table as the seven of them ate breakfast.  

Today was the first competition for the college swimming team.  Shownu had been practicing with the team since the start of the spring semester.  It was his third year on the team and they were really hoping to make it to finals this year.  All of the guys were going to watch the competition to cheer Shownu on.  

It was still crazy to Shownu that Wonho just happened to have a friend that was renting out a two story house near the campus and was willing to give them a discount on rent.  Now all seven of them were living together and it could not be more fun.  Hyungwon had even started a dance team with Shownu called the X Clan.  The two of them convinced all their roommates to join and now they were getting ready for their first performance.  

After breakfast, Shownu showered, got dressed, and said goodbye to his friends as he left for practice before the competition.  They all wished him luck and said they would meet him after the competition.  

"Hey hyung!  Are you excited?"  Wenhan asked as Shownu walked into the locker room.  Wenhan was from China but was studying in Korea as part of an exchange program.  He joined the swim team and decided to finish college in Korea.  He and Shownu were going to be captains next year, something that made their stomachs flutter with butterflies from excitement.

"Yeah!  Sorry I'm late."  

"It's fine, the captain just got here too.  Come on, we should get to the pool."  Wenhan gestured towards the entrance to the pool as he grabbed his towel and swim cap.  Shownu quickly got changed and followed Wenhan out onto the pool.  The team did some warm ups and the got right to practice.  Around 2PM the other team showed up and people started showing up.  Shownu found his roommates in the audience and waved.  They shouted encouragement, drawing a lot of attention.

The competition started with the 50 meter butterfly then moved to the 50 meter stroke.  The team started off with a bang, winning both events.  By the time Shownu was getting ready for the 100 meter freestyle, the team was winning by a hair.  He had to widen the gap for the relay.  He got up on the platform and gripped the edge of the board.  

Beep  

Beep

Beep

Off they went, diving into the water and cutting through it like it was air.  The whole race was close, Shownu's opponent never far off his tail.  When they turned to come back, it was impossible to tell who was winning.  Even when they fnally reached the end, no one knew who won.  Shownu pulled his goggles off, his eyes glued to the score board.

Lane 1: Son Shownu: 56:34

Lane 2: Lee Jaeyoon 56:31

He lost.  

~~~~~~~~~~

AN: look who updated in a timely fashion!  sorry it's so short and sorry for the cliff hanger (hehe)  I thought I kind of owed it to you guys to get something out sooner because of how long the last chapter took so here's something to hold you over for the good stuff :)