Hard to forget

Beautiful Hangover

Jaebum 

 

- 

 

After closing Mark’s front door, I gasped. My heart was beating fast and I got problems breathing properly. I leaned on the door while trying to take a heavy breather. I put my hand on my chest and felt this massive pulsing from my heart, this was new for me to feel like this. Flowing warmth inside of me, was kind of nice. 

 

I almost kissed him, what was I thinking? hit myself on the top of my head. Stupid, stupid, stupid! looked to the sky and I thought about him. I surely had feelings for him even it was early to do so. Why wasn’t Mark trying to avoid that kiss? 

 

In the past, have been with girls and with one boy too. Actually it was a mistake being with that boy, but I liked it, since then I have questioned my uality. After Mark came to our school, I had a little crush on him. When we became friends, I have wanted to get to know him more and more. 

 

 I took my phone from my pocket and I dialed Jackson’s number. I think he is still mad at me, but I will try to makeup with him, just for Mark’s sake. That's what Mark wanted me to do. I do miss Jackson, and I couldn't wish for bad things to happen to him, but I hope he will learn that he's not immune to the karma. 

 

I called him and I started to walk away from Mark’s yard. Waiting him to answer, I heard that the call went to voice mail. It was actually a good thing that he didn't answer, because I didn't know what to say to him at the moment. 

 

I canceled the call and then, I decided to go look for him. It was better to talk face to face, than on the phone and now, I got some more time to think about what to say. I took a cab and started heading to his place. During the way there, I tried to call him again. 

 

I arrived near his house and I got up from the cab. I walked to his yard and I looked at his windows and noticed that there weren’t any lights on. Was he staying at somewhere else? I still didn't know what to say to him, but it wasn't important now. That what was, was to find him. 

 

Taking my phone again, I texted Yugyeom. I asked if he was with Jackson, but he answered immediately that he wasn’t with him. I didn't want to make someone worried, but I was myself getting headache because of him. Why he couldn't just inform us that he's alive, if he even was? 

 

I looked around and I didn’t see anyone. I was unable to contact himRepeating the circle of me trying to call him and him not to answer. tried to get in touch with calls and I even tried to come by his houseI didn’t have any common friends with him, and neither did Yugyeom. How could we know where he was? 

 

- 

 

Mark 

 

- 

 

It’s been one week since we heard about Jackson. Nobody has contacted him or seen himWe were thinking with Jaebum that we would call Jackson's mother about himbut it would be the last choiceWe didn't want her mother to come to Korea to look for him or get distracted from her work if we told her about what was going on. Maybe Jackson is all goodmaybe he's just still mad to us... Or mad at me. 

 

We planned with Jaebum that we would try to stay in front of Jackson’s house with Yugyeom and see if he would go in or go out. It’s called stalking, but we have to know that he’s okay. 

 

was already outside of my house going to meet Jaebum and Yugyeom at Jackson’s house. Jackson really knew how to get people worried about him. Is it all planned like this, just to get his friends back? 

 

walked the way to his house and saw Jaebum and Yugyeom in the carWhose car was it? Jaebum got out of the car and waved his hand to me. I went to the car and got in. 

 

Hey... Whose car is this?” I asked from them as soon as I sat down to the car’s leather seats in the back. 

 

"It's my father’s. I took it with permission of course.” Yugyeom said at driver’s seat, while he tried to look for any sign of movement in the house. 

 

”Oh, okayHave you guys seen him or heard about him?” I askedbut they shook their heads saying no. 

 

We even tried to ring the doorbell and knock on the windows.” Jaebum said with a worried tone on his voice. 

 

remember that day when Jackson disappeared. Jaebum called me that he couldn’t get a hold on Jackson. I wasn’t worried then, but now, even Jaebum’s concern have got bigger. 

 

"What should we do?” I asked them but they didn’t say anythingWe are running out of options… I just wish that he’s okay. 

 

We waited for 4 hours in the car and nothingwas getting hungrier and restless. Anxiety was flowing inside of me. My stomach made this sound of needing food. 

 

“Mark, I can’t watch you struggling with your stomach. Get something to eat from the city. We will wait here.” Jaebum said while looking at me. 

 

I nodded and got up from the car. I slammed the door and started walking to the city. Should I get something to eat for them too? 

 

That 4 hours we spent in the car, we didn't say anything. I didn’t know how to break the silence, so I didn’t open my mouth. It was kind of boring and awful to sit there thinking about Jackson’s well being and not to do anything more useful than sit in the car waiting. 

 

I took my phone on my hands and unlocked it. I remembered how Jin-young told me that he was close to Jackson, so searched for Jin-young’s number and started texting him. Maybe he could help us out. 

 

sent a text to him, saying that if we could meet up today. I put my phone back to my pocket and then I felt a small vibrate from my phone. He never took much time to answer. I took my phone again on my hands and I read the text message. 

 

“I can’t today, what about tomorrow, pretty boy? :)” Jin-young’s message read. Pretty boy? I blushed a little and then I answered him. 

 

“Yeah, it’s fine. Pretty boy?” I asked and then I waited. It only took less than one minute for him to answer. 

 

''Is it better than Markie? I can use Markie if you want...'' He said in his text. Was he teasing me? He used weird tone on his texts, I don't know if it's, what I think it is. I was arriving to the shop, so I sent a quick text to him. 

 

''I prefer Markie. See you tomorrow!'' I sent it and I didn't hear an answer from him. I step in to the grocery shop and I bought some food and came out. 

 

I was walking the streets towards Jackson's house, and I saw a familiar looking guy in black clothes, coming from the smaller street. Getting this weird feeling in me, I didn't seem to recognize him at first, but then it all cleared up. It was Bambam. I ran to him and touched him to his shoulder. 

 

''Bam! What are you doing in here?'' I said while I turned him around and smiled at him. He turned around, looking a little frightened. He still had this brown and blonde mixed hairstyle, it was weird, but it fit him. His face looked surprised and precisely careful of something. 

 

''Heyy Mark!'' He said while looking around us. This is what he has become after getting messed up with wrong circles, being careful at all times. 

 

''Well? Aren't you answering? Do you live here or are you just passing by?'' I asked, but he seemed to be anxious. 

 

''Yeah yeah, I live in here nowadays. Look, I can't talk right now because I'm busy. Let's bump into each other sometime, see ya!'' And with that, he left. 

 

There he was, my ex boyfriend, being as he was before we broke up. He became to be this new person, who was strange and secretive. It was too much for me to handle, so it was one of the reasons for us to break up. We were together almost 2 years but half of it, was like this. Him to behave badly. 

 

I loved him and I thought that he loved me too, but I guess he didn't. Seeing him got me feel nostalgic, because I still cared about him, but not like I did before. It was so odd to see him in here. In such a short time, very strange things have happened around me. 

 

I moved my foot to the front of the other and started walking. I peeked back to see if Bambam was still there and he was, but far away. He walked quickly compared to his height, even he has grown up since I last saw him. 

 

In just seconds, I felt something on my chest. Something hard as rock hit me on the front, and I got frightened a little, but then I saw that it was someone. He was wearing black clothes like Bambam and came exactly from where Bam came. 

 

''I'm sorry, I didn't see you coming from there.'' I said while speaking formally, because I couldn't see his face yet. He turned his head to me and I was in shock. His hair was blonde and his eyes looked distant. 

It looked like he didn't see me, and he just continued marching. Cause of confusionI couldn't move or talk. He looked different. I shook my head and swiped my eyes to see if it was really him. 

 

''Jackson!'' I shouted at him, but he didn't hear me. I was in a shock to the extent, that he was able to almost disappear from my eyesightAlmost hesitating to not to go, but still started running towards him and I saw him turning to the street on his right. I ran there but after I arrivedhe was gone. 

 

Something was going on. I predicted this at the day he disappeared. He is strange and he even dyed his hair to blonde in just a weekWhy was he suddenly changing his looks? 

 

was too latewhy didn't I ran fasterWhen I ran, it felt like I ran a marathon and I couldn't breathe wellI'm so confused right nowbut at least he was alive. I took a long breather and I thought about how I saw BambamThey both were coming from the same way. 

 

Do they have something in common?