The colour black

Beautiful Hangover

Mark 

 

- 

 

woke up when my mother came rushing into my room. 

 

”Wake up sonSecond day of schoolAre you excited?” She said with her bright voice. 

 

"Mooom...” I mumbled with the pillow on my face. 

 

Get up! Breakfast is ready to eat.” She said while leaving the room. 

 

was so tired. Last night I couldn’t sleep because I was thinking about Jackson and Yugyeom. I thought that I will worry myself to deathI hope that they will be at school today. They have to be. 

 

I got up from the bed and noticed that I slept with my clothes on. 'Great.' went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my faceAfter that I watched myself in the mirror and looked at my face. I had dark sircles under my eyes and I looked really pale. I rubbed my eyes with my hands. 

 

went outside the bathroom and went to the wardrobe. I chose the clothes which I will wear today and then I put them on. I hope that this will be a good day. If someone dares to get on my face today I swear I'm going to kill someone. 

 

I went downstairs and saw my mom and dad eating breakfast. walked to the table and sat down. I gave a kiss on my mother’s cheek and started eating rice and meat. 

 

Did you get any sleepYou look really paleAre you sure you are not sick?” My mother asked me, with the worried face of hers. 

 

YeahI'm just... a little bit worried about if I'm going to catch up other students in studies.'' I lied, but I really was worried about that too. 

 

''Oh honeyyou will do greatDon't stress over it. And besides, I will take full responsibility about it with your fatherafter allit's us who dragged you here.'' My mother said while patting my shoulder. My father gave a bright smile and agreed with motherIt released some of the stressbut I still worried about that arrogant guy. 

 

put my glance at clock on the kitchen wall. Oh crapI'm going to be late! I took two spoons of food into my mouth and then got up from the table. 

 

''I'm going to go nowor I'm going to be late.'' I said while running to get my school bag. 

 

''Honeywait! I got something for you, to give to your new friend!'' My mother said while rushing to the front door with a plastic bag. 

 

''What is it?'' I asked curiously while looking inside of the bag. 

 

''It's home made kimchi and other good food to eat on the lunch!'' My mother said brightly. I smiled and gave her a big kiss on the cheek and then left the house. 

 

ran to the bus stop with all my strengthWhen I approached the bus stop I saw my bus there. '.' I pushed myself to the fastest mode and just right in time I got inside of the bus. I put the bus card in front of the machine and it beeped. I went inside and saw someone familiar. 

 

''MarkieIt's you!'' JR said while smiling really happily after seeing me. He waved at me to come sit with him. 

 

''Hey JR! You have class soon too, right?'' I asked and sat down next to him. 

 

''Yeah! I saw you running to the bus so fastDo you live near here?'' He asked me while pointing out of the window. 

 

''Yeahwith my mom and dadDid you sleep well?'' I asked him. 

 

''Kind of, better than usually. I guess you didn'tdid something else happen?'' JR asked worryingly. I shook my head for an answer. 

 

''Okaythen todayyou must sleep well, okay?'' He said and smiled at me. He looked handsomeHis lips looked a bit pinky red and really soft. He started searching something from his bag. 

 

''Here! Let's listen to this one song I found yesterday.'' He handed me the other side of the earphones. I took the earphone and put it in my ear. He searched the song and started play it. 

 

It was a new song from XiaThe song name was Eyes on youI've heard this in the radio oncebut I really did not expect him to listen to this kind of music. It was a good songbut why was I feeling JR's glance on my face? 

 

was too afraid to look at himSoon we were near our school and I pressed the button to stop this bus. I took the earphone off and gave it to JR. 

 

''Uhm, I-I remembered I need to see a school's counselor... See you later JR!'' I said it fast and then I got up from the bus and ran to the school. 

 

Why was my heart beating and why were my hands sweating? I went to the counselor's office to get my school books and then I went to prepare for the class. My first class for today was physical educationToday we could choose that what course we want to be in, just a normal excersice or go to a football team. Or actuallywe couldn't choosewe have to pass the test if we want to get in the football team. 

 

was heading straight to the school's field and I saw Jaebum and Yugyeom there already. 

 

''Hey you!'' Jaebum said smiling. 

 

''Hi Jaebum!'' I said. I was searching the field with my eyes if Jackson would be there. 

 

''SoYugyeom told me that they drank yesterday with Jackson. He wasn't even aware that I called Jackson, but he didn't even receive calls yesterday because his phone's battery was dead.'' Jaebum explained to me. 

 

''Ah, I see... So where is he? I mean Jackson. Is he already here?'' I asked curiously while glancing at every guy in this field. Instead of finding Jackson, I found JR. I didn't know that he had physical education too, and in a same group as I do. 

 

''No, I was about to call him nowBut let's go inside first to change our clothesokay?'' Jaebum said while pointing to the locker room near us. 

 

agreed and we went inside the locker room. 

 

- 

 

Jackson 

 

- 

 

'YahJacks, what the hell manWhere are youToday are the testsyou have to be hereWhat was you even thinking!' The home phone forwarded the voice mail which judging from the familiar annoying voicewas from Jaebum. 

 

Last night was a mess. I was so drunk that I was running to the bathroom all nightLuckily, I feel a lot better now. I got up slowly from the sofawhere I fell asleep yesterday, and went to the bathroom. I washed my face and then I went back to the living room. 

 

Today's tests. I only now remembered that the tests were today. I ran to get my phone and I called to get a cabAfter the call, I went to change the clothesbecause I wouldn't dare to leave the house if I would wear the same clothes twice. I ran to get my other stuff and then I left the house. 

 

It was 9:05am and I guess the class have started alreadyThe cab was really fastbecause it was already waiting in front of my housewent inside and said to the driver to drive to my school and really fastThe cab driver agreed and started to drive. 

 

arrived to the school at 9:15am and oh how I ranThis day really was the most important day of my life right now. I can't just miss it, just because I slept too lateWhile I was coming closer to the field, I saw everyone outside already doing the warm-upSo I wasn't so late after all. 

 

My coach saw me and yelled at me to go to change the clothes and to be fast. I went to the locker room and I gasped'Just in time.' changed my clothes quickly and then I went back to the field 

 

spotted Jaebum and Yuguyeom already warming-upBut who was this red head next to them? I suddenly felt like throwing up. It was Mark. Why on earth is he hereDon't say that he's here trying to get to the team. Should I warn our coach that he's gayso then he can't join? ran among the others and started to warm-up. 

 

''Okay everyonesettle down and listen upToday, we are going to do the annual thing such as choosing the new captain and update our football team.'' The coach announcedlike he does every year. 

 

''Solet's start!'' He shouted and gave a mark to us to get on a line. 

 

was going to the line and Jaebum followed me and turned me over. 

 

''Why didn't you answer my calls today and yesterday?'' He askedwith his serious face on. I turned back to keep going forwardbut he turned me over again. 

 

''Can you answer to me? I was worried about you.'' He said and then he crossed his hands. 

 

''Why is he in here?'' I asked while I glanced at Mark. I watched him contemptuously. 

 

''He will try to join our team. But that's not importantyou have to tell me why you didn't answer.'' Jaebum said while Mark came next to him. 

 

''Hey Jackson... We tried to find you yesterdayare you alright?'' He said kindlybut it pissed me off more. Why did he come to look for me? 

 

''Like you care?'' I laughed and turned myself back to the line. 

 

heard how Jaebum said to Mark to ignore me and not to care about what I said. Like, are they my parents or somethingWhy even they were searching for me, didn't say them to come to find me. 

 

''Okaysowe need all the fastest guys to be in our team. We will now test your speedTwo people will compete each other and then the fastest one's get's to be in a team. Soany volunteers?'' The coach asked. 

 

''Anyone? How about our captain Jackson? Would you show us a lead? Jackson was the fastest guy from our school last yearso if you beat himyou will probably be the new captain.'' The coach said while laughing and looking at me. I got chills. I was kind of scared that if there was someone faster than me, I would lose my place of being the most popular guy in this school. 

 

had to take the challenge and I ran to the start line and waited for the volunteer to come upThere seemed to be many applicants to our team. 

 

''Can I suggest someone?'' JR said with his annoying voice. I so hated this guy. I don't even want to remember what happened between us and how we used to be friends. And nowwhat is he doingTrying to sabotage me, again? 

 

''Today when I was in a busthis new student Mark, ran to the bus and I think he was really fast.'' He said and pointed Mark out. 'You must be kidding me.From every student here, he chose this one. 

 

''Okay then, Mark, come here!'' The coach yelled and he came next to me. 

 

glanced at Mark and he looked so innocent. I don't trust this guy at all. He is just trying to get to my place. He looked at me. I turned my head to the coach and then he said to get ready. I wouldn't let this little peasant win me. 

 

''Ready, set, run!'' The coach yelled through the megaphone and so we started running. 

 

When we ranthe others cheered on me and I heard this small voice who cheered on Mark. It was Jaebum. I turned my face to see where Mark was. He was a bit behindbut I could feel how he started to come closer. I saw how Mark enjoyed to runHis red hair fluttered when he ranhis dark brown eyes sparkled and his body movements looked like he was a professional. 

 

Suddenly I felt my leg slip from the moist grass and I fell to the ground and I heard a crack. I yelled from the pain. I noticed that I fell on to this shoulderwhich I hurt when Mark rushed to me. 

 

''JACKSON!'' Jaebum and Yugyeom shouted together with their terrified voice and started run at me. I yelled againThe pain was massive and I couldn't move. I could only shoutMark saw what happened and then he turned right over and ran to me. 

 

''Jackson, Jackson are you okay?'' He touched my shoulder and I shouted againMark's face looked terrifiedJaebumYugyeom and other students came around me, and then the coach knelt next to me. The coach looked at my shoulder. 

 

''He needs to go to the hospitalsomeone call the ambulance!'' He shouted with his manly voice and then he asked me if I could move my hand. 

 

shouted. I shouted so loud that my eyesight were starting to black out. I couldn't hear or see anythingfelt the pain and then suddenly it was all gone. 

 

All I sawfelt and heard was now darkness.