Table for two

Beautiful Hangover

Mark 

 

- 

 

So tell me… How was your date with Jinyoung?” I asked from Jaebumwhile trying to solve what was wrong. 

 

Since today’s first classJaebum’s motivation and concentration to do anything was on zerowondered if it was because of his and Jinyoung’s date or if it was because of something else. 

 

He didn’t seem to hear me, even thought we walked side by side on school’s hallwayheading to its yard. 

 

In class he didn’t pay attention to the ongoing conversation between the teacher and studentsHe just sat there in his own thoughts. admit that my concentration was on Jaebum the whole timebecause I couldn’t concentrate when one of the happiest person in my life was sad. 

 

Jaebum! Earth is calling!” I tried to get his attention with a stronger tone in my voicewhile waving my hand in front of his face. 

 

What?” Jaebum woke up from his thoughts. I think something is really dragging his mind awayusually he’s always talking about funny things he did yesterday and what he could eat after school. 

 

”I asked you how was the date?” I asked again, and now he clearly heard the questionbut it caused to lower his mood downHe seemed to fake a smile toowhen he answered. 

 

Fine, of course Jinyoung just had to leave early.” He told me, but I think there was something more behind that explanation. 

 

”Oh it’s Jinyoung!” I shoutedafter Jinyoung walked towards us. Jinyoung looked at me and then quickly at Jaebum. 

 

Jinyoung’s look towards Jaebum was weird. It looked like he was more like in a awkward situation than angry at him. I already got to think that they had a massive fightbut now I’m confused. 

 

”Oh, Mark. Where are you going?” Jinyoung asked me, while trying not to look at Jaebum. Weirdindeed. 

 

We were just heading outside, you want to come?” I asked from himbut he looked unsureusually he would always comeWhat was going on? 

 

Okay what is going on? Why are you two acting like this? What the hell happened yesterday?” I asked and looked at them bothwhile waiting for an answer. 

 

Both of them just stood there quietly. I was getting more curiousbecause both of them were usually almost fightingwhen we were together. 

 

Well?” I asked impatientlyJaebum put his hand behind his head and scratched it. This was really weird and unusual. I looked at Jinyoung who looked at the clock on the hallway’s wall.  

 

After glancing at Jaebum, I noticed that he looked like he were embarrassed too. Suddenlyhe opened his mouth. 

 

Jinyoung… I--” Jaebum got to startbut Jinyoung cut him off. 

 

”I got to go to the class.” Jinyoung said and then he walked past us and rushed to leave our sight. 

 

Reallywhat the hell was going on. shouldn’t have left them two togetherwhy in the earth did I? - I turned at Jaebum. 

 

YaJaebum Did you do something to him?” I askedbut as soon as I did, he sprinted after Jinyoungfollowed him to the corner of the hallwaybut I saw Jaebum standing alone. 

 

walked next to him and he hit the wall with his handAfter touching his shoulder, he turned at me. 

 

”He is just mad at me… I-I wanted to apologize for my actions towards himbut he was too fast.” He said. 

 

Now I get what have happened. Even thought I don’t know the whole storyand even I wanted tknow, I won’t put them on pressure to tell me anymore. 

 

felt bad for JinyoungIt’s all my faultWhy am I causing trouble to the people I care about? I think I have to solve this and make it better. Just like I have to solve this thing between me and Jackson. 

 

have been thinking long time about apologizing correctly and formally from Jackson. It was so stupid to start a race with him and make him to compete with me. I feel so bad and I want to make it up to himbut how? I couldn’t even catch him. 

 

Suddenly, I got this idea how I could contact himbut I’m not sure if I could do it… I honestly didn’t want to see this person. 

 

- 

 

Bambam 

 

- 

 

was kind of surprised after Mark called me and asked me tmeet up with him. 

 

Of course I would like to meet himbut I thought he doesn’t want to see me again, after we broke up. And not so long agowhen we met at the streetshe didn’t seem to be angry at me, but I think he still wasn’t pleased to see me. 

 

Mark was my first long lasted relationship and I could say that he was my first love, as I was his. I truly loved himuntil I had to do this. Of course I would love him stillif we wouldn’t break up. 

 

So, I had an appointment with him, but why did he wanted to see me? Is it because he has something to say to me or...? I really don’t know, and I’m a little confused right now. 

 

Mark wanted to see me as fast as it was possible, and I really had nothing to do right now so I told him that we could meet right away. 

 

He told me to meet him at this restaurant which was kind of similar to the place where Mark and I were always dining back thenWe both liked to eat at this Meat and Grilldiner where we livedso it was closest to it in town. 

 

felt nostalgic after he said that he remembered what I liked to eat and so he recommended that placeAfter I agreed, he told me to come fastBut whyWas he in a hurry? 

 

After taking a cab in front of that diner and walking inside, I saw Mark sitting at a table for two. It were feeling weird in my chestwas it because he looked just the same as at our last date? 

 

walked towards the table. Mark was wearing this long jacket, which reached down to his knees and this familiar looking scarf. He looked fancier than ever. 

 

stopped walking when I reached the table and his look got up from his phone at me. 

 

”Oh, you’re here! I was just trying to call you and ask you where you were.” He said with his normally sweet voice which was smooth and light when it reached your ear. 

 

was really reminded by our past with this situationMy feelings towards himthat I have still in me, were up. I couldn’t help but to look at his pale face which shined under this diner’s lights. 

 

As I sat down, he called the waiter to order food for us. When the waiter came, Mark ordered first for himself and then he ordered exactly the same as I would orderfor me. 

 

That order was the closest to what I used to eat back thenand my heart was beating fasterMy breath became to shiver. What did he want from me? As the waiter left to the kitchen, I opened my mouth. 

 

What is going on?” I asked after taking a deep breath. 

 

Mark’s face were serious and it looked like we were dating and he wanted to break up, just like back then. I still just wish that on that day, he would say surprise and just say that he teased me, but it never happened. 

 

”I called you herebecause…” He mumbled. 

 

He looked sad. I started to think many options why he would want to meet me, like if he wanted to apologize and get to know me again, like he did before… Or that he still loved me but he wanted to show me how hurtful it was from me act like that all of a sudden. 

 

Where is he? Where is Jackson?” Mark asked with very concerned face. 

 

It got my hopes highbut the truth was that he wanted to hear news about Jackson. How did he even know him and how did he got to know that I knew Jackson? 

 

Jackson who…?” I asked and played like didn’t know himI really hoped that Jackson haven’t mentioned anything about this new job of his. 

 

”I know Bambamsaw you two in the streets on that day. Just tell me where he is and how could I get in touch with him. He doesn’t answer our calls.” Mark explained and then I got it. 

 

That person who Jackson talked about were Mark. He was the one that left himHow did Mark end up doing like that? 

 

”He doesn’t want to see you. Jackson told me what you did to him and I can’t believe you would do such thing to someone.” I told him, and he looked suddenly very surprised. 

 

”Jackson told you?” He asked. 

 

was getting curiousIs there something more behind that storyWas Mark and Jackson together before all this? I wanted to know more, and it was easy to get Mark to talkbecause I knew him so well. 

 

Why did you do that? How could you?” saidwhile I acted like I was disappointed in him. To be honest, I only knew that he left himbut I wanted to know more. 

 

His face moved a little and then I saw this one shiny tear falling from his eye corner to his cheek. He wiped it off quickly and then he spoke. 

 

”I-It really were accident… never knew that one push to wall would shake his whole career to be a football player and then drag him to be like this… I really want to apologize, sincerely” He saidwhile he sniffed. 

 

So that was it? I thought Mark left himbut now I think Jackson left Mark. was confused so I wanted to know more about this whole situation. 

 

”How long have you known him?” I asked. 

 

Only after I transferred to his schoolHe hated me from the start and when we competed each other at the football practice, he fell and then he was sent to the hospitalThen he was expelledbecause he punched me… It’s all my fault…” He told me, while more tears appeared. 

 

”I just want to apologize… Can you please help me? I feel so guilty about all this.. ” He continued while he begged me to tell him. 

 

wanted to help Mark, but I weren’t sure if Jackson wanted to see himMark didn’t leave Jackson, so who was he talking aboutWere Mark involved with that story too? 

 

”I haven’t seen him in daysbut I’ll tell him to reach you when I get in touch with him.” I told him. 

 

was telling the truth. After Jackson left on that day, I tried to call him to meet me so we could discuss about the working time, but he didn’t answer. 

 

was getting worried about him that something happenedbut at the same time I thought that he was just hiding from me. Was it because of that kiss? 

 

For me that kiss… meant comfort and safety. I could say that I fancied Jackson, and his lifwas interesting and action-packed. It fascinated me. 

 

was still surprised that he answered to my kissJackson didn’t know that I was gay and neither did I, if he were. So nowmore I think about it, is he? 

 

Thank you Bambam… this means a lot to me…” Mark said and after thatthis one question flowed to my head. 

 

What kind of relationship you two have?” I asked from him directly, it almost sounded like I was jealous of them... like I kind of was. 

 

Mark didn’t expect for me to ask a question like that, and it showed on the reaction of his face. He obviously thought through that question for sometime, and then he opened his mouth. 

 

We didn’t even get to know each otherbecause he started to hate me from the start.” He answeredbut he somehow dodged the real meaning of the question. 

 

”I mean what do you think of himDo you like him?” I asked very straightforwardly. 

 

Mark blushed after he heard that question and he was very quietso I couldn’t get to know the answer. To get this kind of reaction it meant that he did like himeven somehow. 

 

”I-I need to go.” He said while he got up and started walking towards the diner’s front door. 

 

tried to shout after himbut he didn’t want to hear me, so he just left. 

 

Your meals are here, sir… and this was ordered for you too.” The waiter said and gave me the meal in front of me, which included a dessert. 

 

Lemon ice cream…” I said to myself. 

 

I got up from my chair and sprinted after himAfter I reached the front door, he was already gone. 

 

couldn’t believe that he remembered that one. He never didLemon ice cream is still my favorite...