Getting answers

Beautiful Hangover

Mark 

 

- 

 

Bell rang and the student's got out from the classroom. It has been a long day in the school and everyone wanted to go home, besides me. I have a massive bruise on my face, and how in the earth am I going to explain it to my parentsMy heart didn't want to lie, but should I? I was leaving the school, when Jaebum ran to me. 

 

Hey Mark!” He came next to me and started to walk with me. I didn't know where he was goingbut his home wasn’t near this way. 

 

”Hi Jaebum.” didn’t sound very excited after he camebecause I got something else on my mind. I hope it didn't put him on a bad mood. 

 

”Is everything okaybecause you don’t look like it? Is there anything I can do for you?” He asked me worryingly. I was thinking about if I should tell himbecause maybe he could help me with it. 

 

''No, I’m not good. I can’t go to my housebecause my parents would freak out about this bruise and I couldn't lie to themRight now, I don't know how to feel or what to do.'' I said while he seemed to be a bit surprised. 

 

My life is messed up with drama and unidentified feelingsused to live in peace and dramalessand now it’s all gone. I can say that it was more boring than nowbut I still miss the feeling of being loved and not hated. 

 

My mind must be tired of me thinking about Jackson all the time. I just couldn't stop it, am I going to fall for the ice king? He is the worse and still I'm starting to like him. 

 

''If you want, I can come to your house with you... I could explain the truth or lies if you want me to.'' Jaebum said after he tried to make me look at his eyes. 

 

Im Jaebum. In a short time, I got to know him well enough to see who he was. A sweet guywho likes to spend time with people. He was very outgoing and he got along with anybody, because he was always ready to help them. 

 

Jaebum suggested about going to my house with me, and I think it would be a good idea. Maybe I should think about something else than that stupid Jackson. I agreed to the suggestion and then we started to go to my house. 

 

While we walked on the streetsJaebum wanted to get something from the shop. He just ran to the shop, almost saying nothing to me. I waited for Jaebum to come out, but it took him more than I thought. 

 

looked around and I saw people walking in pairs. It reminded me of my latest relationship. I was totally in lovebut then somehow we got separated. I think bad people came between us, and that's why we broke up. Yes, I do still miss that time with that person, because that person made me find myself. I hope someday I will meet that person again. 

 

Jaebum was coming back from the store with a bag with him. He tried to hide that thing from me and then he started walking before me. 

 

''What do you have there?'' I asked him while he looked at the bag in his hands and then turned his head back at me. 

 

''Do you think that I would go without bringing nothing to your parents?'' He said while smilingThat was so kind of him. 

 

''Wow... Thanks Jaebum... I appreciate that.'' I said while we started to walk and I had to speed up. He got long legs so it was hard to keep up with him. 

 

''No problemit's nice to meet your parents!'' He said and then my mind started to think about Mr. Arrogant. Again. 

 

''By the way... Today at the principal's waiting roomwhy was Jackson leaving in such a hurry? He looked so lost back then.'' I said while starting to look miserable. 

 

I have seen that kind of person before in my life. He was a nice person before, but then he wanted to belong somewhere and then he started to use drugs and alcohol a bit too much. It changed him. That’s what Jackson looked like. 

 

waited for the answerbut Jaebum didn't say anythingWas he tired of me talking about Jackson all the timeSoon we arrived to my house and then I opened the door with my key. 

 

''HeyI'm home! I brought a friend too.'' I shouted to my parents and I thought that they didn't hear me, but after a while they rushed to downstairs and came to see us to the door. 

 

Hey hun- Oh my goshwhat happened to your face?!” My mother said while running to me and holding my face with her hands. My father came closer to me too. 

 

”I just fell at the football practice. It's all good now.” I said while getting worried about my parents that they would notice that I was lying. 

 

“You must be more careful, it's not more important than you being well.” My mother said with concern. 

 

“Who's this handsome boy you brought here?'' My father said while he embarrassed me right away. I saw a little blush on Jaebum’s cheeks. 

 

''My name is Im Jaebumnice to meet you.'' Jaebum said with a sweet voice and a cute smile on his faceHis eyes got smaller while he was smiling so brightly. 

 

”Oh no, it’s nice to meet you! Mark’s new friends are always welcome to our house. Thank you for coming.” My father said while giving a nice push on Jaebum's shoulder. 

 

“Mark, do you need an ice bag for that bruise?” My mother asked while she already seemed to go get one from the kitchen. 

 

No need for it, mother.” I shouted after her, but she didn’t listen to me. We walked to the kitchen with Jaebum, while my father was following us. 

 

We sat down to the table in the kitchen and then Jaebum gave a bag which he bought, to my mother. 

 

There is something for you and your husbandmother.” He said. My mother was too overwhelmed and gave a hug to Jaebum. She thanked him and then Jaebum came to sit next to me. 

 

“So how was the school? Everything good?” My father asked from us. I wasn't in the mood to talk but then Jaebum opened his mouth. 

 

“Yes, did you know that your son is the new captain of our football team?” He spoiled. My parents are going to be super excited about this. 

 

“What? Really? Mark, that is fantastic! What happened to the old captain of the team?” My mother asked when she was giving the ice bag for me. Oh . How am I going to say this without mentioning Jackson’s bad behavior towards me? 

 

“Actually the old captain got injured and then Mark got to be the captain. And actually that bruise came because he hit Mark.” He spilled out. How could he say that? He said that he would say what I wanted him to say, but why he didn’t? What the hell?! 

 

I obviously didn't ask Jaebum to tell the truth to my parents and yet he did. My parents looked like they had a heart attack. 

 

“But don't worry, he got expelled from the school after it so he can't hurt your son anymore.” Jaebum said. What the actual . First telling the truth about what happened, and then revealing this? Why didn’t he tell me? 

 

That’s what he deservedare you okay Mark? Why didn’t you tell us?” My mother asked me. I didn’t give her an answer because I rather wanted to talk with Jaebum. I stood up and looked at him. 

 

Jaebum, a word please?” I asked him to come to talk to me at my room. He nodded and excused himself and came after me. We entered my room and I closed the door. 

 

“What’s wrong with you!? You told me that you can lie if I wanted you to, but yet you still told them the truth.” I raised my voice at him, but not too much because I didn't want my parents to hear us arguing. 

 

“I just got pissed off, okay? You always talk about Jackson. Why do you even care about him, he has done nothing good to you, you are allowed to curse him.” He said while becoming angry. It was true, why wasn’t hating him? 

 

“Is that why you didn't tell me that he got expelled from the school? How you even knew about it?” I shouted at him. He wasn’t scared but he was mostly confused. 

 

“Yes that's why, because then you would accuse yourself to be the reason why he got expelled! And it was 100% sure for him to get expelled. All what he did in the past and now this, the principal had to expel him. He doesn't even deserve to be the captain of the football team, because of his actions.” He said while shouting back at me. 

 

“How can you talk about him like that? He is your best friend, you should be by his side when he is having a hard time. You just left him hanging alone… Were you even his friend after all?” I said. His face got sad and then he sat on my bed. Was that too much from me? 

 

“I’m a bad person because I left him, but he has always treated me and my friends just like what he did to you. I couldn’t stand him anymore, I just couldn’t.” He said while a tear appeared on his face. 

 

“I’m sorry, I didn't know…” I said while I sat down to the bed next to him. I put my hand on his shoulder and then he wiped his tear away. 

 

“It’s hard not to be his friend, but it’s harder to be by his side when he treats people like .” He said and then he looked at me and sniffed. 

 

His eyes were so teary and I just wanted to wipe the tears off. He landed his hand on my hand. He looked at his hands and then at my eyes for a long time. 

 

I felt something in the air and then I got nervous. It felt like he was coming closer to me, and then I swallowed a bit too loudly. He saw me breathing faster and then he backed off from me and suddenly he got up from the bed. What was he thinking? 

 

“I think it’s my time to go now. See you at school tomorrow?” He asked me while opening my room's door. 

 

“Yeah, you want me to take you to downstairs?” I asked him gently, but he insisted. He waved at me and then he closed the door. 

 

fell on my bed. Well this was exactly what I planned. Was he trying to kiss me? Does he like me? I may be crazy, but that's what it felt like. I thought about Jaebum and after some time, I received a message on my phone. 

 

“Sorry that I left like this. I will try to meet up with Jackson, just for you.” The message said. It was from JaebumThe message was short, but it stayed on my mind. I hope that they can talk properly and be friends again. 

 

- 

 

Jin-young 

 

- 

 

''Park Jin-young!'' A voice calling me from downstairswaked me up. 

 

''Yesmother?'' I shouted backbut I didn't hear an answer. I shouted againbut then I gave up. It was a breakfast time so I got up from my bed and went downstairs to the kitchen. 

 

lived with my parents in a big and modern house. My mother was a housewife while my father was working with his company. I was from a rich family and so, I barely saw my father at home. I was used to it at very young ageeven if I shouldn't. 

 

When I arrived to the kitchen, I saw that my mother did a lot of food, including small side dishesThere were perks of my mom staying at home, I got to enjoy her breakfasts every morning. 

 

''Wowthanks mom, I will surely eat well!'' I said and I gave a big kiss on her cheek. 

 

''Eat well my sonyou have to gain strength to school.'' She said while smiling brightly. 

 

went to the table and the smell from the food was wonderful. I loved my mom's cooking but more than that I loved my motherShe has always been there for me and always will. I sat down to the chair and took a spoon and the chopsticks. I started to eat and oh god, it was delicious. 

 

After eating and talking with my mother, I glanced at the clock on my wrist. I was going to be latebut I wanted to eat as much as I couldbecause it made my mother happyso I didn't mind being late from the school. 

 

After another plate I ate, I was so full that I might explode anytime soon. I swallowed the last spoon full of rice and then I gasped. I was so happy when my mother's face was like a sun in the skyAfter I stood up, I thanked her. 

 

''I'm so fullNow I got to hurryor I will be lateThank you mom, I love you!'' I said while I gave her a hug. I took the bag from the table. It was full of food, made by my mother for lunch. I wouldn't change this happiness of hers, when she cooks for me and she sees me eating her food. 

 

Running to the door, I waved at her. I was already waiting to got to eat my lunch. I got outside of my house and started to run to the bus stop. I was really full and could feel how the food inside of my stomach was moving. 

 

My bus came, and I was on time. I wouldn't be so late from school after allAfter I sat to the chair, I started to search for my phone. I took it from my pocket and started to write a text to Mark. had weird feelings for this guyEvery time I saw him, I got some tickling feeling in my stomach. 

 

The bus stopped at the stop, and I saw Mark getting to my bus. I put my phone asidebecause now I wouldn't need to send a message to him. I waved at him when he looked at me, and his face did brighten up a little. My stomach was tickling again, and this surely was not the food. 

 

''Hey Markie, I was just intended to send you a message.'' I said to him and he sat down next to me. 

 

''HeyYeah, I woke up too late to walkso I took the bus.'' He said. I stared at his bruise on his facebecause it looked worse than yesterday. I touched his bruise and he made a weird voice. 

 

''Did it hurt that much?'' I asked him and he nodded for an answerHis face was looking a little miserable. left my hand on his cheek and started to wipe my thumb on it. I saw Mark getting flustered so I took my hand off. 

 

''Yahyour cheeks got red as a tomatodo you like me or what?'' I said while teasing him. I think my feelings were getting stronger and they weren't one-sided, I hoped. 

 

''N-No... What do you mean? I didn't get blushed, didn't I?'' He asked while his voice got a bit shivery. I made my casual grin and then I patted his shoulder. 

 

''I'm just teasing you.'' I said and I moved my eyes to see the front of the bus. He kept his hand on his cheeks while trying to cover the blush on themAfter a small silence, he asked me something. 

 

''Jin-young... right?'' He asked me. I almost forgot, that Jackson spilled my name yesterday and now, I had to explain to Markwhy he knew it. I nodded and he was already starting to ask something else. 

 

''How does Jackson know your real nameWere you close to each other?'' He asked me while looking innocent. He was so cute when he was curious about something. 

 

''Yeahwe used to be. I was one of his best friends back then... When Jackson's father passed awayJackson lost his memory. I was his friend trough all that, and when he got his memory back, he changedJackson started to hate his fatherbecause he was gaybut I didn't know why.'' I saidwhile Mark cut me off. 

 

''His father was gay?'' He asked me and I nodded. 

 

''YesAfter getting caught kissing with a guy, by his wife, he killed himself.'' I said and Mark looked relieved while he started to get answers for his questionsknew he wanted to know more, so I continued. 

 

''So his hatred for his father got so huge, that he was starting to hang out in bad circles, and we got separatedAfter while, I met him and I tried to make him erase the hate towards his father, he accused me being gaybecause I just wanted him to love his father again.'' I finished with that and Mark took my hand. 

 

''Being gay is okay.'' He tried to comfort me. I didn’t need the comfort anymore because I was already past thatbut it was nice to see how Mark wanted to make me feel good. Did Mark think that I was gayWas I? 

 

''Now I understand why Jackson hated me so much. Even thought I didn't confess that was gay, he just made me gayso he could hate me.'' He said and then he looked to his other hand which was in his own lap. 

 

''Then are you?'' I asked him. I was afraid of asking him this, and I thought he wouldn't answerbut he did. 

 

''Yes.''