Blame on you

Beautiful Hangover

Mark 

 

- 

 

On that time I heard a crack, I moved my eyesight to where I heard the sound. I was looking back, and I saw Jackson laying on the ground. He screamedWhat happened? 

 

immediately changed my direction to Jackson and I started running fastWas the sound of cracking from Jackson? I saw how I ran faster than ever. In just seconds, I was near Jackson. 

 

''Jackson, Jackson are you okay?'' I said while I touched his shoulder. He shouted from the pain. I didn't know what to do. I took my hands and put them on Jackson's face. 

 

''Stay still, it hurts more if you moveplease!'' I shoutedbut he didn't hear me. He rolled on the ground because his pain was too much for him to handle it. He couldn't stop shouting. I heard Jaebum and Yugyeom running towards us. 

 

''Mark, did you see what happened?'' Jaebum said out of breathJaebum knelt down on Jackson, and so did the coachThe coach looked at Jackson's shoulder and soon he shouted at someone to call the ambulance. 

 

was still holding his face in my hands and I saw how his expression started changingHis face was loosing its gesture. 

 

''Jackson, no! JACKSON YOU HAVE TO STAY WITH ME!'' I shouted to him. I shook his head a bit but his eyes were closingIt caused me to shout his name again and againbut his head loosed its tension. I heard how the ambulance came and drove to the field. 

 

Ambulance drivers and doctors came running towards us and said us to back up from him. As we didthey went to check on him. 

 

''Is he going to die?'' I asked terrified from JaebumJaebum hugged me and I heard him crying. 

 

''He can't... he can't just die from a small fall.'' His voice was unstable. I hugged him tightly and looked at Jackson. 

 

There he laid, on the ground unconsciouslyJaebum was right, it was just one small fallhow could he die from that? I glanced at the doctors who carried Jackson to the ambulance and then they drove off to the hospitalThe coach was coming at us, looking like he has something to say. 

 

''Hey Jaebumyou should go to the hospitaltake your friends with youI'm going to call Mrs. Wang.'' The coach said and Jaebum agreedJaebum told me to come with him. I hesitated littlebut I couldn't let him go alone. 

 

We ran to the locker room to change our clothes and to get our stuffAfter we were readyJaebum called the cab for us, and Yugyeom came to the locker room and told us that he will come with us to see JacksonWe went to the school yard together and then we waited for the cab to come. 

 

When the cab arrivedwe gave the destination to the driver and then we drove off from the school yard. I sat near the window and Jaebum sat next to me.  

 

Jaebum laid his head to my shoulder slowly. I glanced at him, and then I put my hand around him. 

 

''Everything will be alright. Jackson... He's a strong person, he will be okay.'' I said to him while one tear fell from my eye. 

 

'If I had not competed with him... He would be alright. Is this all my fault?' I thought in my head. I should not take a race with him. 

 

Soon we arrived to the hospitalwhere he wasWe got up from the cab and Yugyeom paid the fee and then we started walking towards the hospital's front door. 

 

Soonwe were at the information desk, and there sat one pretty woman. 

 

''Heyhow can I help you?'' The woman said and smiled kindlyJaebum seemed to be very anxious and very worried about Jackson. 

 

''Heyuhmwe are trying to find our friend. He got hurt during our football practice in our schoolOur couch said that we have to come hereuntil his mother arrives.'' Yugyeom said to the woman and the woman nodded. 

 

''He just arrivedyou have to wait there.'' She said while pointing to the chairs down the hall. We thanked her and then we went to sit. After we sat to the chairs, Jaebum burst out to tears. 

 

Yugyeom patted his back and tried to comfort himYugyeom looked like his going to cry too. I didn't know what to do or what to say. I was in the condition to not to talk or move, I was devastated. 

 

The time we waited went too slowlyWe didn't talk muchbut we went to get coffee togetherJaebum didn't sleep at allbut Yugyeom fell asleep few times. I was kind of worried about Jaebum. He didn't look that he's doing wellAfter a while, since I checked at the clock for a thousand timethe doctor came towards us. 

 

HelloI’m the doctor Lee Kang Hyunguess you are Wang’s friends?” The doctor greeted us and waited for the answer. 

 

Yeswe are. Is there any news about Jackson’s condition?” Jaebum said while he stands up. He looked tired. 

 

YesJackson’s condition is stable and you may see him nowBut...” The doctor said while he started going through his papers which were in his hands. 

 

Apparently we had to do a big surgery for his shoulder. We suppose that he had some accident about few days ago where halready did break his shoulderAfter today’s accident he broke it more causing him to faint and the need of urgent surgery.” The doctor said. 

 

Few days ago? My mind was starting tget some memoriesglanced at Jaebum and saw his terrified face. He wanted to say something but he couldn’t open his mouth. 

 

”Is he still able to play footballI-It’s really important to him to continue playing.” Yugyeom said with his concerned voice. 

 

“I don’t think that he is able to do that. I’m sorry, but the injuries that he had, were too badly damaged. He may walk normally and do normal things as jog and so, but he can't do any excersices which are going to be harmful to the injuries even they are fully healed.” The doctor said. 

 

After doctor finished what he said I got into shock and I fell on my knees. When I pumped into Jackson yesterday, his shoulder got hurt by then. My mind was going through these pictures where I saw Jackson's face in pain. I have seen it few times in the classroom, but I didn't think it was that bad. 

 

Was this all my fault? Did I cause this to Jackson? When I met JR, he told me how important it's for Jackson to play football. If you ask from any student in school about Jackson, they will know him as a football player. He's going to hate me even more now. 

 

''Mark! Are you okay?'' Jaebum came rushing to me. He tried to lift me up and swiped my hair from my face to see my eyes properly. 

 

''It's my fault, I pumped into him. It's because of me, that Jackson's never going to play again.'' I said while watching down to the floor. I couldn't believe this. 

 

''No! It's not, don't think like that.'' Jaebum said and hugged me. I burst into tears. 

 

''The room is 707. You can go, whenever you are ready.'' The doctor said to Yugyeom and left. Yugyeom thanked the doctor and turned to us. 

 

''I think it's not the best idea for me to come there.'' I said while I swiped off my tears and let go of Jaebum. Even thought it's my fault that he's in the hospital, I couldn't bear to see him now. 

 

''No, it's not your fault, please... Come.'' Jaebum said while he took my hand and started to walk. I couldn't resist Jaebum. I must be there for him but I think I still wanted to see Jackson more than I wanted to be there for Jaebum. 

 

We arrived to the 707's door and Yugyeom knocked. No answer, is he still asleep? We entered the room, and we saw Jackson sleeping tightly. Jaebum walked to the chair and sat down near Jackson. He took his hand and he gasped. 

 

''You will get better, I promise.'' Jaebum said while he put his hands on to his face. 

 

We waited for Jackson to wake up. Jaebum got up when his phone rang. It was Mrs Wang and he left the room to talk to her. I glanced at Yugyeom whose stomach made this weird and loud voice. 

 

''Mind if I go to the canteen? Do you want me to bring you something to eat?'' Yugyeom stand up and asked. 

 

''No, thanks.'' I answered shortly. I wasn't in a mood to eat anything. After Yugyeom left the room, I was with Jackson alone. I sat down to the chair, where Jaebum sat earlier. 

 

I felt a lot of guilt. I didn't know what I should say when he wakes up and I hope he won't do that until someone is back here with me. 

 

After a while I heard a gasp from Jackson and then he moved. I frightened a bit, but then I said his name. 

 

''Jackson... Hey. How are you feeling?'' I asked quietly and softly. 

 

He didn't answer. He looked around the room with his tired eyes and then he looked at me. I got this weird feeling while Jackson stared at me for some time. 

 

''W-why am I here?'' Jackson said while he tried to sit on the bed. I got up from the chair and tried to put him back to lay down. 

 

''Be careful... You should lay down.'' I said and sat down when Jackson was laying. Jackson stared at me again and was going to say something. 

 

''What are you even doing here?'' Jackson said contemptuously. He started to sound like he normally doesMr. Arrogant. 

 

''I came with Jaebum and Yugyeom, they said-…'' I started explaining but he cut me off quickly. 

 

''What happened to me and why is my hand feeling weird?'' He started to worry and his voice became angrier and angrier. 

 

''I think that yesterday when I ran into you and pushed you accidentally to the wall, you got injuries to your shoulder and today at school you broke it more. But now it was worse, and you fainted and you needed a surgery... I think we should wait for the doctor to tell you...'' I said to Jackson and he didn't seem to be very pleased. 

 

''Tell me what?'' Jackson said while he was getting impatient. 

 

''Let's just wait for Jaebum and Yugyeom to come, okay?'' I asked nervously and looked at the door wishing someone would come to the room. 

 

''I want to know, now.'' Jackson said loudly and looked in to my eyes, he looked scary while he did that. 

 

''The doctor said that your injuries were too badly damaged that you... you can't play football anymore.'' I said while I looked down to my hands and then I looked back at Jackson. 

 

His expression changed from angry, to sad and terrified. He kept quiet a long time, I was starting to feel awkward while I sat there. His eyes started to get wet and soon his tears fell to his cheeks. 

 

''I-I'm sorry, I should have watched where I was going back then, It's totally my fault-…'' I said while mumbling. Jackson turned his head at me and his expression changed again. 

 

''Yes, indeed, It's YOUR fault! If you wouldn't come here, everything would be okay, and I would continue to play football and fulfill my dreams as a football player. It's all you. YOU DID THIS TO ME!'' Jackson shouted at me. He looked so angry that I got frightened. 

 

''I-I'm sorry, I didn't do it on purpose, I-…'' I tried to calm him down but he cut me off again. 

 

''What are you even doing in here? You are not my friend. Get out you piece of !'' He shouted at me and ripped the pipes off from his hands and tried to stand up from his bed. 

 

''Jackson, don't!'' I shouted at him, but he didn't listen to me. I got up from my chair and rushed towards him. 

 

Jackson pushed me off from him and then he shouted at me to get away. Soon Jackson's feet were feeble and then he slipped. He almost hit the floor but I were able tcatch him. I held him on the floor tightly so he wouldn't hurt himself. 

 

''What are you doing? Let me go, !'' He tried to struggle and he hit my hands to get away. I still didn't let him go. 

 

''Don't you dare to touch me like this! Let me go, you !'' He shouted again at me and then he hit his head to my face. It hit mostly the area of my mouth and it hurt. 

 

''What the hell is happening in here?'' Jaebum shouted when he entered the room witYugyeom. Theran to separate us. 

 

''Get this out of my room!'' Jackson shouted and struggled in Yugyeom's hands. Jaebum tried to help me to get on my feet. 

 

couldn’t believe that he could say things like that to meDoes he hate gays that much? Even though it doesn’t matter that he calls me gaybecause I’m okay with it, but how does he even know? I haven’t done anything gay that he would notice it. 

 

''Yugyeom stay here, I will go out with Mark.'' Jaebum said to Yugyeom and then he agreed. Yugyeom helped Jackson to get him back to bed and then he pushed the button to call the doctors. 

 

We went out of the room and then we sat down to the nearest chairs we could find. After we sat down, I was speechless 

 

only thought how after one day, I made the biggest enemy from my school. He was like big bad wolfwho's going to huff and puff me away. I ruined his life, I guess I deserve to be blown far away from here.