Solo ride

Beautiful Hangover

Mark 

 

- 

 

Me and Jaebum just sat on the chairs near Jackson's hospital room. Jaebum was speaking on the phone with Jackson's motherShe was now on the straight flight back to Korea, and she was going to be here already after two hours. 

 

After Jaebum ended the call, he came back to sit next to me and he put his phone back to his pocket. 

 

''Are you hungryDo you want to go to eator do you want to go home?'' He asked me. I didn't feel the hunger or the need of sleep. I kind of wanted to stayJaebum looked at me for a while because I didn't give him an answer. 

 

''Or do you want to stay until Jackson's mother is here?'' He asked and patted me on my shoulder. 

 

Jackson's motherMrs. Wang. I bet she is going to hate me too after hearing what I've done to her sonMaybe they will accuse me for abuse and then I will go to the jail. Is it my life's purpose? 

 

nodded for an answer. Even though I might go to jail, I still want to apologize from his mother too. It's an only thing I can doIt's my duty for now. 

 

''OkayYou want to pick up some food from the canteen?'' Jaebum asked while he got up and then he reached my hand to pick me up from the chair. I have noticed that he really likes to grab my hand. 

 

- 

 

Jackson 

 

- 

 

woke up from my bed in the hospital. I opened my eyes slowly and took a heavy breath and only thing I remembered was how I attacked Mark because I was so angry at him. He can't just think that he's my friend and then he could come here and act that he's worried about me. 

 

The anger almost got me on its possessionbut then I heard a sweet familiar voice coming from my left side. 

 

''Oh Jackson dearYou're awakewhat a relief.'' She said while she tried to release her concernOnly a one word, and I knew who she wasOf course I knewhow could I not recognize my own mother? 

 

turned my face to her and then I smiled a bit. I haven't seen her in a while, and her concern towards me was rare. And then I remembered why I was in the hospital. 

 

''Oh Jackson... I heard about what happened from your doctorsI'm so sorry honey, I know how much it meant to you.'' She said with her comforting voice 

 

If I was honestshe actually hated that I played footballShe wanted me to be educatedsmart and prepared to manage the family's company after she retiresBut I wasn't like thatSince I was a kid, I loved to be outside with my friends and play football the whole day. It wasn't only a hobby, it was my life. 

 

So easilythis dream was ruined and I could only dream about it, not to do anything to make it happen and it was all his faultMark's. I started to squeeze my fist. I really wanted to punch him right now and I swear after I can leave from this placethen I will find him. 

 

''I can be here only for today... I'm sorry honey but I have very important things to do in China. I can come back whenever you need me.'' My mother said and it wasn't a surpriseShe's always like thatComing and going. It still was nice to have her here 

 

During the time she spent with me, we talked about schoolgoing to trip to Europe next holiday and stuff like thatWhat we usually don't talk about. It was weird to talk like thisbut it gave a new side of her. That mother-ish side. 

 

It was so late already and my mother decided to stay the night with me. She had a night flight to China, but she wanted to see me having a good restShe settled down to the sofa in the room and took a blanket and her laptop. 

 

''I will do some important things now but I will sleep soonso sleep first dear.'' She said while she took her glasses and put them on. 

 

''Okaygood night... mom.'' I said. I usually never say 'I love you', to my mombut now I felt like saying it, even though I didn't. 

 

''Good night dear.'' She said and then she put her eyes on the laptop and started to write something with interest. 

 

She will be gone before I wake upbut I appreciated the time we hadeven it was only a half a day. I closed my eyes with the smile on my face. I didn't think about my shoulderfuture, or not even Mark, because I felt good. Just for now. 

 

- 

 

woke up and got up fast. I breathed heavily and closed my eyes. My mind did it again. I had the same nightmare as I did the night before when Mark came to this town. I wasn't pleased at all to see him againeven though it was just a dream. 

 

opened my eyes and laid my eyesight at the clock on the wall. It was almost 5pm. I guess Jaebum and Yugyeom have already left the schoolAre they coming to see me even what happened yesterday? 

 

opened the television and saw a paper on my bed. It was a letter and I guess it's from my mother. 

 

'Hey honey! I think when you are reading thisI'm already going to be on a planeso don't worry about me. I rested a bit before I leftSo you have to take care of yourself while I'm not there. Oh and before I left, I saw your friends waiting for you but I talked to themso you don't have to worry about them anymore. I also called two security guards to stay with you. Just in case. Take care Jackson. - Love Mom' 

 

smiled at the letterbecause she's new about writing these to me, but something got my mindWhat did she mean about that I didn't have to worry about mfriends, and what did they even talk aboutWell, I bet she just talked to Jaebum about taking care of me. 

 

Soon I heard a knock on my door. It was Jaebum. He waved a hello to me and entered the room alone, finallyNow we can have a proper chat about Mark. He walked to the chair which was near me and then he sat down. 

 

''How are you feeling?'' He asked me. After that question, my mind filled with awful thoughts. I almost forgot that why I was in the hospitalbut it came all back. Fast as a lighting. 

 

''I-...I don't know...'' I said while mumblingJaebum knows how I feelyet he still asks. I felt how my heart pumped on my chest. I tried to concentrate on my heartbeat so I wouldn't cry. 

 

''Jacks... I know this is really unfortunate thing to happen and stuffbut you shouldn't blame it all on Mark. It wasn't his fault.'' Jaebum said with a weird tone on. He sounded like an adult. 

 

''It's all his fault to push me to the wall and having a race with me. And why are you even defending himYou should be my best friendyou should be on my side, not his.'' I said to himwhile I couldn't believe that he really cares more about Mark than me. 

 

''I won't choose sidesbut this is really ridiculous even from you. I have always stayed by your side no matter whatYou always bullied people from our school even they were innocent and then you bossed me around not to do this and to do that.'' He said. I wasn't believing my ears. 

 

''What? I just wanted us to be the popular guys of our school and I wanted you guys to have a great school years. I just wanted to help you. And besides, you knew him less than a week, how is he going before me?'' I said back at him. I was wondering where was this conversation going, and how it would end. 

 

''You didn't do it for us, you did it for yourselfWe didn't want to be the bullies of our schoolBut nowyou won't boss me around anymore. I like Mark, even it has been less than a week, and if you won't approve me being with himthen Ithink that our friendship is done.'' He saidHis words struck straight to my heart. Is this how he really feels about me? 

 

''I don't ing care if you are my friend or not, just go be with your new bestieWhat was his name againLoser?'' I said while laughingJaebum looked at me, but he didn’t say anything. 

 

''Didn't you hear me? Get the  out!'' I shouted at him and pointed my finger towards the doorJaebum gasped and stood up. 

 

''What have you become Jackson? Nobody likes you after this. I bet Mark's going to be the new youwithout your ty attitudeThe better Jackson.'' He said and he started walking to the door. 

 

''Nobody is better than me! And don't you dare to show your face in here anymore!'' I shouted at him. 

 

Don’t worry I won’t.” He said while slamming the door. 

 

After he left, I felt aloneWas this it? Did Mark cause this? He didright? It was all his little plan to crawl into my life and firststeal my friends and then my title. Like my nightmare predicted. Am I all alone now? 

 

- 

 

Mark 

 

- 

 

This past week was so quiet and calm in schoolAfter Jackson had to stay in the hospital, he decided not to let anyone come to see himnot even Yugyeom or Jaebum. It was so oddbut after I heard from Jaebum that they had a fight, I understoodbut Jaebum is his best friendJackson should let him come to see him. 

 

Since Jaebum and Jackson had the fightJaebum have been all over me. It’s not annoying or anything but I think he misses Jackson. They need each other, and I kind of start to think that Jaebum is trying to replace Jackson with me. 

 

It was a Friday morning and I was arriving school with a bus. Today was the day when Jackson leaves the hospitalThese past dayswhen Jackson wasn't in school I thought about him, a lot. And now, I was thinking about him too... Is he going to come to school today? 

 

 When I stepped out from the bus, I saw JR on the school yard. I ran towards him who was surrounded by his friends. I jumped on to his back and then I hugged him gently. 

 

Hey JR!” I shouted and got off from his back. 

 

Hey Mark!” He recognized me by my voice and he sounded pretty happy. 

 

"What's going on? Why are you so happy?” I asked him while he smirked at me. 

 

"Hey Mark!” Jaebum shouted and suddenly came next to me. He looked happy tooWhat was going on? 

 

You have been chosen to be our team’s new captain!” JR shouted and gave me a hug. 

 

Congrats!” Jaebum said while he looked at JR to stop, so he could hug me too. 

 

What?” I asked. I couldn’t believe this. I was so happy at the momentbut then I thought about Jackson and I was kind of sadWas I chosen to be captain because of Jackson’s injury? I wonder how he’s going to react when he hears the news. 

 

Yesthat’s trueI’m so happy for youIt’s so hard to become one so you totally had some skills!” Jaebum said while smiling brightlyWas Jaebum happy only because Jackson lost his place or was it for me really coming a captain. 

 

Thanks, I don’t know what to say...” I mumbledI’m not a bad person who could be happy about thisBad people wish bad things to happen on other people. Just like Jackson do. Even though I hate him, still worry about himWhere is he anyway? 

 

Bell rang. It was time to go to our classesWe have football as our next subjectso we had to go through the school to go to the field outside. 

 

We were walking on the hallwaywhen behind us, someone shouted ”Hey!”. The voice was angry and loud, and I guess whose voice it wasWe turned around and it was Jackson.  

 

He came to school with his arm plastered and his face pale as snow. I was afraid of if he knows, what's going to happen next? Jackson approached us furiously, but I think, he came directly to see me. 

 

He walked to me and stopped in front of me. It felt like the time slowed down, and I could see his face clearly. His black hair was on his face and he looked younger with that hairstyle. He never came to school with his hair down like that. 

 

His dark eyebrows looked angrier because of Jackson's expression. His face was never on a happy mode and I think it was because I caused him to constantly be angry. How his face would look a like with a smile? 

 

I looked at his eyes, which looked like he was sad at the same time. He took a grip from my shirt and then he punched my face. I didn't feel the pain, and then he did it again. Jaebum ripped Jackson off me and JR got me before I fell down on the floor. 

 

I heard how Jaebum shouted at Jackson and then he punched Jackson's face. He didn't do it only once, but many times. Jackson tried to punch him back, but he barely could, because he was right-handed and it was his right hand which was injured. 

 

When Jaebum stopped hitting him, Jackson fell on the floor next to me. I looked at Jackson and he did look at me too. His face was red and his nose was bleeding and his eyes were tearing. 

 

I kind of pitied him. He wanted to have revenge and show me that he hated me. He punched me, but then his best friend stood up for me and punched Jackson. How ty must that feel? A new guy over a childhood friend. 

 

A tear fell down from Jackson's eye. Why I cared about his feelings?