The One Where They Quit the Gym

I.N.F.I.N.I.T.E

This took a lot longer than I originally thought and it ended up being a lot longer than I thought as well. At first, I wanted to go with Sungyeol as Chandler, but he's been working out a lot recently so I didn't feel like it would be accurate. So then I thought about who would be least likely to go to the gym and I narrowed it down to Sunggyu, Myungsoo, and Sungjong and I went from there. Anyway, enjoy ^_^

 


 

It was a rare night where no one had any schedules or personal plans and they were all gathered in the downstairs dorm. After playing a round of rock-paper-scissors to decide what to order for dinner, the boys played another round to decide who would pay. Unfortunately for him, Myungsoo ended up being the one chosen and he reluctantly went to grab his wallet. He didn't really mind buying food for everyone, but the other guys liked to order all kinds of unnecessary things whenever they weren't the ones paying for it.

He was pulling out some bills when Hoya, who was sitting next to him on the couch, pointed at something in his wallet and exclaimed, "Oh my god, is that a gym card?"

"Oh yeah, I'm a gym member," the visual casually replied, as if it was the most normal thing in the world. "I try to go four times a week, but I've missed the last... twelve hundred times."

From his spot on Hoya's other side, Sungjong asked the most obvious question. "So why don't you quit?"

Myungsoo gave the maknae a pointed look, like he should already know the answer. "You don't think I've tried? You think I like having fifty bucks taken out of my bank account every month?" He scoffed and shook his head. "No, they make you go all the way down there! Then they use all these phrases and peppiness to try and confuse you. Then they bring out Hyuna."

"Who's Hyuna?" Sunggyu had now jumped into the conversation, his attention no longer on his phone.

Myungsoo's eyes seemed to glaze over a bit as he recalled the woman in question. "Oh Hyuna. You can't say no to her; she's like this Lycra spandex-covered gym treat."

Amused by the younger boy's antics, the leader chuckled and asked, "Do you need me to go down there with you and hold your hand?"

"No."

"So you're strong enough to face her on your own?"

"Oh no, you'll have to come."

 

~*~

 

So, the next day, with Sunggyu in tow, Myungsoo went down to the gym determined to quit. They were only a few steps into the building when the leader placed a hand on his dongsaeng's shoulder, his gaze sharp and his voice firm.

"Ok. Now remember what we talked about; you have to be strong."

Myungsoo nodded vigorously and Sunggyu deemed the younger boy ready. The pair marched over to the receptionist's desk where they were greeted by an extremely fit man in a tight t-shirt with an extremely large grin.

"Hi, how can I help you guys today?"

"I want to quit the gym," the visual stated somewhat confidently; he didn't trust himself to say anything else.

"You want to quit?" The man looked completely baffled by his statement for a moment before the same overly-enthusiastic smile he'd greeted them with was plastered back on his face. "Well, if you quit you won't be able to enjoy our full-service spa and sauna."

Feeling his determination begin to weaken, Myungsoo looked to his hyung for support. The older boy raised his fist with a grunt, wordlessly urging the other boy to stay strong. The younger boy tried to stand his ground, but he didn't sound very sure of himself as he repeated, "I want to quit the gym."

Reluctantly, the receptionist relented and directed him toward the back where someone else could handle ship termination. Sunggyu tried to follow him, but the man stopped him, stating only members were allowed further into the gym. Once Myungsoo was gone, the man turned to Sunggyu with his ever-present fake grin. "So, are you a member of any gym?"

"No." The leader was too smart and too stubborn to fall for such silly tricks. "And I'm not gonna be, so you can save your little speech."

The receptionist nodded understandingly, his hands raised in surrender. "Okay, no problem." His gaze shifted over to someone off to the side and he called out, "Could you come here for a second?"

Sunggyu turned just in time to see an undeniably attractive young woman walk over, clad in a low-cut sports bra and barely-there spandex shorts.

"Hi, I'm Hyuna."

Sunggyu gulped. Maybe Myungsoo was right.

 

~*~

 

"So, did you cancel your membership?" Sungjong asked as the group filed into the practice room.

Beside him, Myungsoo sighed, his head hung low. "Well, I was going to, but someone had to spot Sunggyu-hyung."

The leader looked rightfully ashamed under the visual's judging stare; he was supposed to be an example of strength for his fellow bandmate. Most of the other members were giving him similar looks until a lone chuckle disrupted the tense atmosphere.

"Sorry." Noticing everyone's eyes on him, Woohyun quickly apologized, although he still let out a few snickers. "I was just thinking about Sunggyu exercising and... well, that's it."

The eldest looked ready to erupt, but Sungyeol quickly intervened before any violence could ensue. "What are you going to do now?"

"I don't know." Myungsoo sighed once again. "They're going to take fifty bucks out of our accounts every month for the rest of our lives. What else can we do?"

"Well, you could actually go to the gym."

Judging by the sour look on the visual's face, it was safe to say he wasn't a fan of Sungyeol's idea.

"Or," Sunggyu burst out, surprising the whole room. "Or we can go to the bank, close our accounts and cut them off at the source."

"You're a genius!" Now this was an idea Myungsoo could get behind. Grinning excitedly, he pulled the leader in for a congratulatory hug.

Their hug was cut short, however, when Dongwoo piped up, "Aw, but then we won't be bank buddies."

As much as he loved the rapper, Myungsoo didn't see much of a problem with that. So, later that day, he and Sunggyu trekked over to the bank to finally nip this whole problem in the bud. They had decided on the way there that the leader would do all the talking and once they got there he immediately found a manager got straight to the point.

"We want to close our accounts." The older boy sounded incredibly confident; Myungsoo knew it was right to let him handle it.

"Close your accounts? Is there some kind of problem?" The bank manager asked.

Shaking his head slightly, Sunggyu remained firm. "No-no. We'd just like to close them."

"Ok, I see." The man nodded. "Well, Ms. Park handles all our closures. Can you come over here for a moment?"

He waved someone over and a young woman approached the two boys. She was ridiculously gorgeous with flowing dark brown hair full of waves that matched the curves of her hips. Sunggyu's throat went dry and Myungsoo's palms began to sweat.

"Hi, I'm Kyungri."

Myungsoo's nerves got the best of him and he blurted out, "I want to quit the bank!"