The One with the Free

I.N.F.I.N.I.T.E

The day started out rather uneventfully. They didn't have any schedules and no one felt like doing much beyond sitting around. Sungyeol was spread out on the couch, half his attention on the tv and half on his phone, when Myungsoo came in and made himself comfortable in the armchair. Taking control of the remote, he pressed a button to change the channel and nearly fell out of his seat at the image that appeared on the screen. A man and a woman, both undressed, were... "intimately engaged" as moans and heavy breathing as well as some other far from PG noises accompanied their actions.

That certainly got Sungyeol's attention.

Scrambling into a sitting position, his eyes darted back and forth between the tv and Myungsoo. "What did you do?"

"I don't know." The visual couldn't seem to pull his gaze away from the screen. "I just pushed a button on the remote."

"Are we paying for this?"

"I don't think so."

Realization dawning on him, Sungyeol turned to Myungsoo and said, "Does that mean..."

"Free ," the younger boy finished for him, their eyes locked in understanding.

Just then Woohyun wandered in and stopped short as he took in the images on the tv. With a low whistle he noted, "Wow, that lady is all kinds of ."

"Yeah, Myungsoo just pressed something on the remote and it just came on."

"That happened to me once." The older boy nodded like it was the most understandable thing in the world. "I was just flipping through the channels and— BAM! It was like finding money."

"Like finding money with people on it," Sungyeol eagerly supplied.

Woohyun's expression suddenly turned serious as he continued. "Then I made the mistake of turning the tv off. I never got it back." He paused for a moment, his eyes dropping to the floor. "And I'm sad."

As Woohyun's pitiful form shuffled out of the room, Myungsoo turned to Sungyeol, confusion etched in his knitted brow. "Why would he turn off the tv?"

 

~*~

 

And so, the day continued just as before— save for the vulgar content that occupied the television. Sungyeol and Myungsoo were like two kids with a new toy, their attention never straying from the screen; this was quite possibly the best thing that ever happened to them. Nothing could dampen their excitement.

Not even Sungjong, who was less than impressed with his hyungs' choice of entertainment. He refused to step foot in the living room when they invited him to check out the free , preferring to stand in the threshold where he could judge their entire existence more easily. The youngest scoffed at the older boys' immature reactions to the dirty movie playing on the tv.

"You guys do know about that little thing called the internet, right? There's tons of free there too."

His valid argument was unsurprisingly ignored, though he wasn't really expecting a reply anyway. He chose to leave them to their juvenile antics, but not before requesting they turn the sound off; he could hardly hear himself think over the lewd sounds coming from the tv. They reluctantly granted his request, if only so he would leave them alone.

The binge continued in silence until a few hours later when Sungyeol and Myungsoo decided to take a short break and went up to the other dorm to watch cartoons for a while. Before the pair left, they made it clear no one was to touch, look at, or even think about the remote. With such explicit instructions one could only imagine what would happen when they came back to find the tv off and the remote far from where they left it.

Sungyeol was absolutely livid as he set off to find the culprit; he only calmed down when he found out it was one of the managers. Myungsoo, however, was disappointed rather than angry. He still had some hope, though.

"Should we check if we still have it?"

The two of them were sitting in front of the dark television screen, their lives having lost all meaning the moment they stepped into the living room. Sungyeol was sure they had met the same fate as Woohyun, but he didn't see the harm in trying. Giving a halfhearted shrug, he motioned for Myungsoo to turn the tv back on. The image of a half- woman appeared on the screen as a string of obscene moans filled the room, shocking the two boys for only a moment before they started cheering and high-fiving each other.

This truly was the best day ever.