The One with Myungsoo's Snoring

I.N.F.I.N.I.T.E

I was looking at some quotes from this episode and I got inspired. At first I was going to write Dongwoo as Joey, but the banter sounded more like Sungyeol and Myungsoo. I'm going to try to work on my other stories after this, so it might be a while before another update.


 

Sungyeol can't say there are any advantages to being an extremely light sleeper; more often than not it feels like a curse. That seems especially true when he is jolted awake one night by what he can only assume is a car engine. Except, their apartment is far too high to hear anything of the sort. Stumbling out of bed, Sungyeol wanders toward the noise and he soon discovers it is coming from Myungsoo's room.

"Are you kidding me?" The tall vocalist opens the door and finds his bandmate fast asleep and snoring, the sound even louder at the source. He can't believe no one else has woken up because of it. "Myungsoo. Myungsoo! Myungsoo! Myungsoo!"

Sungyeol is almost relieved when the younger boy stops snoring until he hears him sleepily chanting his own name. "Myungsoo. Myungsoo. Myungsoo."

Frustrated even more than before, Sungyeol stalks out if the room, slamming the door shut on the way. He nearly pulls his hair out when the snoring starts up again less than a minute later. He is definitely going to do something about this tomorrow.

 

~*~

 

Tomorrow comes and Sungyeol is beyond tired; there was no way he could go back to sleep with Myungsoo's snores rumbling through the walls like thunder. They're all gathered in the kitchen for breakfast and he is pouring yet another cup of coffee when someone finally notices.

"Hyung, that's like your fourth cup of coffee," Sungjong points out, only slightly concerned.

"I'm only drinking so much because I'm exhausted." As if proving his point, Sungyeol lets out a big yawn before throwing a glare in the visual's direction. "Because Myungsoo started snoring."

Sungjong gives him a skeptical look. "You guys aren't even in the same room. Is he really that loud?"

"Oh, you should hear me," Myungsoo declares, a satisfied smirk on his face as he sits at the table.

Rolling his eyes, Sungyeol scoffs. "That's not something to be proud of, okay? You need to go to a sleep clinic."

"Look, I already told you, I'm not going to a clinic." The visual sighs and crosses his arms. "I don't have a problem, you're the one with the problem. You should go to a 'quit being a baby and leave me alone' clinic."

"They don't have those."

"Yeah, they do. Quit being a baby and leave me alone. There, you've just had your first class."

"Y'know," Woohyun quickly interjects before their discussion gets too heated. "When Sunggyu and I shared a room, he used to snore a lot. And I would just roll him over and he would stop snoring."

Glad to have finally found a solution, Sungyeol bangs his fist on the table and jabs a finger at Myungsoo. "Next time you snore, I'm rolling you over!"

The younger boy just shrugs, no longer willing to argue. "I gotta do what I gotta do, you gotta do what you gotta do, you just do it."

And so, when the night comes bringing Myungsoo's snores with it, Sungyeol marches into his bandmate's room, ready to fix this problem once and for all.

"Alright buddy, time to roll over," he announces to his unconscious friend before grabbing his shoulder and turning him so he is now laying on his back. But as he does so, the covers slip away, revealing much more of the visual than the taller boy was prepared to see. "Oh my god! You are going to a clinic." He slaps a hand over his eyes and blindly stumbles to the door. "...and a pajama store."

 

~*~

 

"This ," Myungsoo whines, flinging himself onto the couch. "I didn't know I had to stay up all night before I go to this stupid sleep clinic. I'm so tired!"

Sungyeol just squints at him. "It's 6:00."

"Yeah, well..."

Despite many similar complaints, Sungyeol manages to get Myungsoo down to the clinic the next day— mostly because the younger boy is practically sleepwalking by then. The whole thing is pretty quick and easy and Sungyeol can feel his sanity returning once they leave. He strolls into the dorm in a much better mood than when he left, a genuine smile gracing his face for the first time in a while.

"Hello, little ones."

Sungjong doesn't even have to look at the older boy to know why he sounds so happy. "So, is Myungsoo-hyung going to stop snoring?"

"Yep!" The tall boy all but skips over to the couch; he's never been so excited to go to sleep before.

Myungsoo walks in just then sporting a black mouth guard. He looks and sounds just as cheerful as Sungyeol as he greets them, although it comes out a bit muffled. "Hey guys, what's happening?"

"Oh my god." Sungjong looks like he's trying his hardest not to laugh.

Woohyun, on the other hand, seems deeply disturbed. "What is that?"

"Oh, they gave it to me at the sleep clinic," the visual explains, his words still slurred by the mouth guard. "It's gonna help me not to snore."

Woohyun seems mostly amused now, although he's still a big confused. "Well, are you asleep right now, 'Soo? 'Cause I don't think you have to wear it unless you are."

Finally taking out the mouth guard, Myungsoo gives the older boy an annoyed glance. "I know I don't have to. It tastes good."

"Plus, you look cool." Sungyeol can't resists throwing his sarcastic two cents in.

Myungsoo either doesn't notice or care, popping the piece of plastic back in his mouth and giving the older boy an enthusiastic thumbs-up. The other boys can't do anything but stare at him, all equally baffled by how weird their bandmate is.