Tired

Chanwoo Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

corruptingtheliving:

Main character: Chanu
Pairing: OT7
Prompt: Ikon are in a open polyamorous relationship, Chanwoo is the last to join, so he kind of feels left out or like a 7th wheel a lot of the time. So to ease his heart. He starts to seek out the company of another(Astro's Moonbin? Winner's Mino ? Chani from SF9? Idm you can choose whoever you want. lol). And Ikon is NOT happy(even though it's an open relationship) and so they have to remind Chanwoo to whom it is that he belongs.
Additional Additions: Maybe a college setting??

 

 

 

The period of his last lecture was finally over and now he has no idea what to do. Usually, he would join the people he loves the most at some random restaurant that they usually planned out before. They would usually end up being the first ones there as they don’t have to take as much class as Chanwoo. But this time, he doesn’t feel like it.

“Just tell them how you feel, I’m sure they’d understand”

Moonbin suggested seeing his best friend obviously puzzled. “We’re not official, I don’t think I have a right to.” Chanwoo replied immediately. “Chanwoo-ah, I know it’s not official, but your feelings matter too.” Moonbin said smiling as he gave him an advice. Chanwoo could only sigh. It’s good to have a friend he could trust at these times. Because honestly, Chanwoo is tired. He is tired of being ignored by the people he gave all his heart to. He is tired of being the last priority. He is just plainly tired.

“Hey, Moonbin?” Chanwoo asked shaking off his thoughts. “Yes?” Moonbin replied. He is trying his best to be a great friend at the moment, which Chanwoo appreciates. “Where do you usually go after finishing the lecture of the day?” Chanwoo asked curious. Moonbin blinked a few times at the question. “Um.. I usually hangout with Chanhee and the others if they bring any friends.” Moonbin explained. “Oh..” Chanwoo mumbled at the reply. “Do you mind if.. I join you?” Chanwoo finally managed to ask.

Moonbin, shocked at what Chanwoo just asked, widened his eyes. “Wait, of course I won’t mind! But are you sure about this? Won’t they be mad or something?” Moonbin asked worried.

“It’s not like they would notice anyways.”

 

***

 

 

 

Today Chanwoo doesn’t have any class with Moonbin, so knowing this, Mino, a senior he just met yesterday as he hung out with Moonbin, insisted to accompany him as they both wait for Moonbin. Chanwoo refused at first, because what the actual hell, they just met yesterday. But he keeps on insisting and it would be rude to say ‘but we just met and I don’t trust you like, at all’.

“So, Chanwoo. How long have you been friends with Moonbin?” Mino asked trying to start the conversation. “Ever since I got into this college, Moonbin and Chanhee are the people that I am close with” Chanwoo explained making the older nod in understandment. “Then why haven’t you hang out with the rest of us before?” Mino asked really curious. Chanwoo gave him an awkward grin.

“I-I..It’s just that, I hang out with other people whenever I finish class” Chanwoo said stuttering not wanting to give out the truth. “Oh.. I was asking because I thought that it’d be nice to have known you earlier, Chanwoo-ah. You’re a cute kid.” Mino said bluntly. Chanwoo was shocked. Did this guy seriously just flirted with him, or is he out of his mind?

Chanwoo didn’t know how to respond so he just laughed it off. “How so?” Chanwoo finally get to ask. “I don’t know, you have your own charms, I guess” Mino explained honestly. Chanwoo nodded in understandment. “Oh, I see. Thank you, Mino sunbae-“

“What did I tell you about the honorifics?” Mino asked cutting the younger off. Chanwoo widened his eyes at his own mistake and drooped his head down low. “I’m so sorry.. hyung?” Chanwoo apologized really sincerely. Mino laughed at the younger infront of him and scrunches his hair. “Cute. It’s perfectly alright, young one” Chanwoo could only smile at the older.

After a few moments of awkwardness that probably only Chanwoo felt, Moonbin went to approach them. “Hey guys~” Chanhee said cheerfully. “That lecture felt like an eternity. The professor thought we were enjoying it or something” Moonbin stated looking really exhausted. “Wait I just noticed I’m the only senior here” Mino stated changing the subject causing everyone to laugh. “Where’s Jinwoo hyung and Zico hyung?” Moonbin asked. “Probably in their own flat, being pigs” Mino replied bluntly.

They kept on talking but Chanwoo was distracted at his phone which was vibrating for a while. He opened it to see 20 missed calls and 40 text messages. Well, this morning Jinhwan did try to call him but he ignored it and nothing happens after that. But now, his phone was exploded with notifications. Some from Jinhwan and some from Yunhyeong. But the one particular text that got him in shock was the text from Yunhyeong.

‘Why are you avoiding us? This is not like you at all.’

Chanwoo feels really angry. They noticed he hasn’t been around after 5 days. It took them that long to notice. Chanwoo let out a heavy sigh. The rest of the guys that are with him stopped their conversation and looked at the latter, concerned. “Is everything alright?” Mino asked sounding really concerned. “Is it..?” Moonbin asked not daring finishing the question as Chanwoo knows who he was guessing. Chanwoo nodded and smiled at him. “Hey, let’s go grab some coffee. My treat.” Chanwoo offered trying to make them completely forgot on what just happened. And it worked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter