008

Bride of Suho: Water God
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho watched as she was busy trying to dig up the sweet potato, he was lost but then he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around and saw a lady who was holding a bottle of water out to him. “Here you go, I don’t want you to be dehydrated.” She said. “Thank you, Ms.” “I’m Haru’s mom, you can call me Ms. Park.” She said. “Thank you, Ms. Park,” Suho said. Suho took the bottle from her and took a sip from it. Haru’s mom was looking at him and wondered where he was from,“where are you from again?” Suho looked at her, “I live on the other side of the mountain, near the Water God’s temple.” “Oh, there’s a temple there. Can we visit there? I wonder how it looks like there?” She asked. “Yes, there are a few people who take care of the temple and they were very kind to let me take photographs there. There are many beautiful places around there to take pictures.” Suho said. “I would love to visit there.” She said. Suho smiled and nodded his head at her as she continued to talk.

 

Haru was busy digging when her grandma placed a hand on her back. Haru looked at her grandma, “what is it Halmoni?” “Look at your mother, already interrogating that young man.” She said. Haru shook her head, “just let her be.” “It looks like your mom is probably going to ask him if he wants to date you,” Halmoni said. “She is not…” Haru turned to look over at her mom who was laughing than to Suho who was just smiling. “Mom!” Haru called. She looked over and Haru shyly smiled to Suho, “we need you back here to help Halmoni, she said she is tired.” Haru watched as her mom turned to Suho and he smiled back. Her mom made her way over to them and Haru wondered what she was doing. “Mom, what were you talking to Joonmyeon about?” Haru asked. “I asked him if he was dating anyone.” She said. Haru shook her head and bent down to dig again, “why would you ask him such things.” “Oh, well I got this feeling that he might like you.” She said. “Not everyone likes me,” Haru said. “He offered to take you on a date to the Water God's temple.” She said. “Mom, I am not going,” Haru said. “Well, too bad. I told him that you didn’t have a lot of friends. He offered to show you around town.” She said. Haru let out a sigh and returned to digging.

 

Suho chuckled as he heard their conversation, he picked up the sweet potatoes and put them in the sack as he listened to them. “Mom, why are you acting like this?” Haru asked. “You’re so busy with work that I don’t even know when you’ll get married. You’re going to turn thirty in a few years. I want to at least want to see you have a child before then.” She said. Haru shook her head, “Mom, can we just focus on digging these sweet potatoes.” “Fine.” She said. Haru gave her mom a look before tossing a couple of the sweet potatoes into Halmoni’s sack. Suho continued to pick up a couple more sweet potatoes and his sack was full. He stood up and hauled the sack over his back. He walked towards the pile of sacks by the side of the road and placed them down. He was about to grab another sack when Haru called out to him, “Joonmyeon, it’s break time.” Suho turned around and tried to find her, he saw her waving at him. He waved back to her, “I’ll come right now.” Suho placed his shovel down next to the pile and walked towards her.

 

Haru watched as he got closer and closer to her. He smiled at her and she smiled back at him. “Your smile is contagious,” Haru said. Suho chuckled, “I’ve never been told that one before.” Haru laughed, “let’s go and rest by the stream. They have a couple of watermelon slices and snacks there.” Suho forgot about the time that had passed, he didn’t know how long he had been away from the water. He began to worry and Haru saw the look on his face. “Are you alright Joonymoen?” Haru asked. Suho looked at her with a smile, “I just can’t remember what I had to do today.” “Oh, do you need to leave to go…” “No, it’ll come to me later. Let’s just go to the stream.” Suho said. Haru nodded and they walked together with other grandmas to the stream. Haru was surprised by the wooden pavilion but Suho kept walking towards the small stream. He took his shoes off on the grass, pulled his pants up to his knees. He stepped on some rocks before placing his feet in the water. Suho felt better as he took in some water.

 

Haru took off her shoes and took a seat next to her mom on the big wooden platform under the pavilion. She took a huge gulp of water and her mom gently shook her shoulder. Haru turned to her mom as she wiped the spilled water from her chin. “What mom?” Haru asked. “Bring him some snacks, he might be shy.” She said. Haru shook her head at her mom but then she grabbed a slice of watermelon, a cup of water. She didn’t put her shoes on and stepped on the rocks towards him. Suho saw something next to him and turned his head, Haru held the watermelon and water out to him. “Have some watermelon, it’s cold,” Haru said. Suho grabbed them and Haru took a seat next to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter