002

Bride of Suho: Water God
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She hung up the phone and walked over to her husband, he was reading the newspaper and sipping his hot coffee. “I called your mom, are we really going to visit them.” He looked up at her, “My dad just had surgery on his heart not too long ago. We must at least visit him.” She sat down by his side and held his hand. “I don’t know about this. I have a bad feeling.” She said.

 

He rubbed her hand back and tried to reassure her, “It’s going to be alright, it’s been a long time now since that accident.” She rubbed his hand back, “She almost drowned and no one was watching her.” She was frustrated. “She’s already 27 and I don’t think that will happen again.” “I just have this bad feeling.” “Turn that bad feeling into something positive.” She glared at him, he let out a sigh. “We’re doing this for my dad, we’ll only stay a week long.” “A week, that's too long what if…” “We'll stay there and if you have this bad feeling then we can leave right away.” “Promise me.” “Promise, Honey.” He gave her a smile, she looked back at him with a smile.

 

She gave his hand a tight squeeze and stood up walking towards the hallway. “I’ll tell the kids then.” He gave her a smile for assurance and she left down the hallway to the stairs. She climbed up and knocked on the second door. “Haru.” “Come in.” She walked in and saw her daughter lying down on her bed looking at her phone.

 

She sat down and Haru sat up to hug her mom. “Morning mom.” Her mom rubbed her arm, “We’re going to be visiting your grandparents.” Haru released her mom, “Really, it’s been a long time since we’ve visited them. I just remember when I was younger and we spent the summer there. I can’t really remember what happened before the accident.” Haru’s mom hugged her and rubbed her back.

 

Haru rubbed her mom’s back, “I’m going to be fine mom. I’m all grown up now and I won’t go near water. I can take care of myself.” Her mom hit her arm playfully, “You can’t even swim.” “I know but I will stay away from the water.” Haru stood up and walked to her closet. “I’m just worried.” She sighed. “If you don’t want me to go then I will stay home.” Haru said. “I can’t do that, they must want to see you also.” Haru walked into the bathroom. “Then I will go, I really want to see them.” “We’ll talk about this later. Come downstairs, breakfast is ready.” Her mom walked out of her room.

 

Haru felt sad inside whenever they mention about grandpa and grandma, her mom would always have this bad feeling. She washed her face, she looked at her reflection. “I should go because I miss them.” Haru smiled and wiped her face with a towel. She changed into a t-shirt and shorts before walking down stairs to the dining room. She sat down and greeted her dad, “Morning.” “Morning Haru.” Haru watched as her younger brother walked into the dining room and sat down next to her.

 

Jimin walked into the dining room and plopped down next to Haru, he was looking at his text messages. When Haru put some rice on his plate. “Hey, eat. Stop looking at your phone, it's not good for your eyes.” Jimin put his phone on the table and whispered something to her. “Jun’s crew is performing tonight at Crazy8. Too bad you can’t go because of last time.” Haru’s eyes lit up then she smiled at him. “Thanks for tell me but I won’t let you leave the house either, remember when you snuck out and I covered for you.” Jimin let out a sigh and picked at his food.

 

Their mom sat down, she put some rice on her plate. "Remember in a month we're going to go back to visit grandpa and grandma." Ms. Choi said. "I know, it'll be fun. All I could just think of are the fields and water we'll see..." Haru said sarcastically. That earned her a hit to her arm by her mom, she rubbed it lightly. Jimin laughed at her and continued eating his food. "Funny isn't it. You're coming along too." Haru smirked. "Mom, I have a school events I need to do. I can't go..." Jimin said. "Really, I asked your principal and he said there was nothing over the break. So you're coming anyways, no excuses." Ms. Choi said. Haru laughed and was hit by Jimin on the other arm, her face turned sour and she rubbed it.

 

Her dad looked at them and Jimin glared at Haru, "That's what you get." Jimin laughed. "What did I say about boys hitting girls?" "To never hit girls because gentlemen don't do that." Jimin sighed. "Then what did you just do." "But noona doesn't count, she isn't even a women." Jimin smirked. "Ya!" Haru hit his arm. "Ow!" Jimin yelled. "You deserve it!" Haru laughed. "Sometimes I wonder why too?" Their mom asked. "Omma!" Haru yelled. "Well, look at yourself. You're 27 and not married. You're childish and don't dress up at all.” Haru crossed her arms, “It’s because I’m special.” Jimin patted Haru's shoulder, “Noona, you’re too special.” Haru glared at Jimin and he retracted his hand. “Stop arguing and let’s eat. We need to start our day with positive energy.” Her dad said.

   

Haru sat down at her work desk, it wasn’t easy being on duty for 48 hours. So far she had one cup of coffee and an energy drink. She looked at the clock and there was just another 5 hours. Her phone rings in her pocket. “Hello.” “Haru, are you alright?” “Just tired Mina.” “Turn around.” “What?” Haru turns around and sees Mina with a lunch box. “It's time to eat.” She smiled.

 

Haru put a big spoonful of rice into . Mina looked at her and chuckled. “What?” “I heard Dr. Kim asked you on a date again.” Mina chuckled. “He’s a good friend.” Haru took a sip of water. “He asked you out on multiple dates but you rejected him every time.” Haru put a piece of kimchi in and nodded. “I just want to be friends.” Mina looked at her with a glare. “Why don’t you just cuff him, you know he is rich and handsome .” “I would rather just be a friend.” Haru took a sip of water.

 

Mina gave her pity look. “What?” Haru asked. “If only Dr. Kim was into me. I’ll make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter