005

Bride of Suho: Water God
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haru clicked the button and the window slid down, she stuck her hand out and felt the air. She smiled and looked outside to the beautiful scenery. “We’re almost there.” Her father said. Haru looked to Jimin, he had his headphones in and was on his phone. Haru pulled his earbuds out and he turned to give her a look. “We’re almost there.” Haru said. “Okay, just give that back.” Jimin said. He pulled the ear bud back and placed it in his ear, he went back to doing his own thing.

 

Haru looked out of the car window again, she was happy that she is going to see her grandparents again. It’s been so long that she doesn’t really remember how they look like. The car turned down another road that was alongside a river. Haru stuck her head out of the window and looked around, the scenery was breathtaking. Haru pulled herself back down and grabbed her phone to take a picture. She looked at her pictures and smiles in satisfaction.

 

Her father looked at her through the rear view mirror. “Haru, Mina told us something.” Mr. Choi said. “About?” Haru asked while she looked outside. “So Mina told us that you are like dating a doctor.” Mrs. Choi said. “Mom.” Haru sighed. “So what? Are you dating him or not?” Mrs. Choi asked. “Yeah, I guess. He confessed to me but didn’t let me answer him.” Haru said. “How long ago?” Mrs. Choi asked. “It’s been about a week since then, I haven’t heard or talked to him since.” Haru said. “What if he’s not interested anymore?” Mrs. Choi asked. Haru mentally sighed and made a reminder to attack Mina the next time she sees her.

    

Haru gulped in and said, “He’s a nice guy but I’m not really sure about my feelings.” Haru said. “Yah! Don’t be dumb what if another girl is after him. Text him to make sure!” Mrs. Choi yelled. “Seriously mom?” Haru asked “It’s like probably like the last chance you have at marriage.” Mrs. Choi said. “Now you make me feel like I’m a product that’s going to expire.” Haru said. “You’re almost 30 in like three years.” Mrs. Choi said. “When the time is right, I’ll get married.” Haru said. Haru sighed and looked over to Jimin who was not even listening in on their conversation.

    

Haru looked outside and realized that they’ve started to pass houses. Mr. Choi pulled up to the house and parked the car.  “We’re here!” Mr. Choi shouted. “We’ll talk about this later, it isn’t over.” Mrs. Choi said. “Fine Mom.” Haru said. Haru was the first one to step out of the car, she stretched under the sun’s strong rays. She looked around and the memories started to flow back into her, she saw a tree and ran over to it. She climbed up the branches and sat in the tree, swinging her legs back and forth. “Haru get down from there!” Mrs. Choi yelled. “Mom, remember when I fell down from this tree. I was…”

 

Haru was playing with a boy, a bit older than her. “I bet you can’t climb that tree?” He said. Haru watched as the older boy pointed to a tree, she smiled. “I can climb it but what will you give to me?” Haru asked. “I’ll give you one of my dragon ball.” He said. Haru saw him hold up a small clear blue ball, inside looked like another ball but it was a darker blue. She smiled and raise up her hand, doing a fighting pose. “I’ll climb up there and you’ll give me that ball.” Haru said. Haru ran to the tree and she tried jumping to reach for the branches but she kept missing.

 

Haru rolled over a stone rock in the gardens, it was kind of big for her small body but she managed. Haru stood on top of the rock and jumped, finally reaching for the branches. She struggled for a bit until she able to reached her feet around the branch and pull herself up. She climbed higher and then sat down on one of the branches. She smiled down to the older boy, he looked at her with his arms crossed. “I did it!” Haru shouted. “Now you have to get down now.” He said. “Okay, wait for me oppa.” Haru said. Haru grabbed a branch and slowly slid down but the branch broke and Haru fell down. “Yah!” The boy screamed. He ran over to her side and tried to catch her. Haru was about to close her eyes before hitting the ground. “Oppa!” Haru screamed.

 

Haru came back to reality as her mom yelled at her. “What nonsense are you talking about?” Mrs. Choi said. “Mom...” “Get down, it’s dangerous.” Mrs. Choi said. “Fine.” Haru said. Haru grabbed another branch and jumped down, she stood up and dusted her hands off. “That was easy.” Haru smiled. Her mom hit her on the back lightly, “why are you climbing a tree at your age?” “Because I feel the need for an adventure.” Haru chuckled. “This is why I can’t deal with you.” Mrs. Choi said. She shook her head at her daughter and returned to the car. Haru followed her over to the car. She saw her grandparents stepping out from the wooden gate doors.

 

Her grandparents owned a traditional korean house, it wasn’t huge but big enough for like two families to live in. Her grandparents were happy with it, she did spend her childhood growing up in the house. Haru ran over to her grandparents, smiling and cheerful. “Haraboji, halmoni.” Haru said. “Still the same as alway.” Haraboji said. “You know it, I will never grow up.” Haru smiled. “It’s a good thing.” Halmoni said. “Unlike someone who is…” Haru looked over to her brother, Jimin. He was still in the car with his electronics. “Guess, I will be exploring like usual. He is going to be inside all the time.” Haru said. “Well, it’s more time to spend with Jimin.” Haraboji said. “Good luck getting anything useful out of him.” Haru said. “Haru, come and help me and your mom move things into the house.” Mr. Choi said. “Okay.” Haru said.

 

Haru turned to face her grandparents, they were smiling at her. “Stay here, I can do all the moving. I’m strong now.” Haru said. “Okay, I will go and open the doors.” Haraboji said. “Okay, as long as you don’t carry anything.” Haru smiled. Haru skipped back to the car and knocked on Jimin’s side. He didn’t look up, Haru opened his door and too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter