007

Bride of Suho: Water God
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho took a sip of his wine and looked out to the flowers in the pond. Just when he was starting to feel better, Jihyun pops into his mind again. He let out a sigh and poured more wine into his cup. Today he was suppose to be doing his work and meeting with people but he escaped to his quiet place. He just wanted to drown his feelings down and listen to the sound of nature to calm his heart down. Suho lifted his cup again but a voice stopped him. “Son.” He said. Suho placed the cup down on the small table and sat up to face him. “Father.” Suho said. Suho paused when he saw that his mother was also there. “Mother.” Suho greeted. Suho stood up and bowed to his parents.

 

Suho’s parents took a seat across from him, Suho poured them some wine and looked at them. “Ryu didn’t…” “We didn’t plan on coming but we decided it would be the best to talk things out now then later.” Suho’s father said. Suho nodded, “is this about the marriage?” Suho’s father nodded his head and took a sip of the wine, “I know you don’t want to talk about it but I guess it’s time for you to get married. You’ve waited long enough and I know you're avoiding this topic.” “Father, please. Just give me a little bit more time.” Suho pleaded and looked towards his mother. She shook her head, “that’s why we’ve decided on Yoora. Your engagement is one week from today.”

 

Suho looked to his father and he also shook his head, “I agree with your mother since you have not taken this matter into your own hands, we will.” Suho stood up and stared at his parents, “you don’t understand, I can’t marry Yoora. She’s like a sister to me. How will I live my life when I can’t even forget Jihyun.” Suho’s mother stood up and hit the table, “forget the human, how many times have I told you humans will only betray us. Look what happened to you, you’re…” “So what if she betrayed me. At least she didn’t force me to do anything I didn’t want.” Suho said. Suho’s mother looked to her husband and he stood up. “Your mother and I only want the best for you.” He said.

 

Suho turned his back to his parents, “If you will excuse me, I need to go.” Suho jumped from the pavilion and turned into his dragon. He flew up into the sky and disappeared, his mother sat down. Suho’s father tried to calm her down, “he’s only going to be stubborn for a bit more. He’ll give in soon.” She looked up to her husband, “I hope so if I ever meet that human, I would end her so that he will never feel this pain again.” Suho’s father shook his head, “that would only make our son resent you even more.” “Resentment is better than being betrayed again.” She said. Suho’s father pulled her into his arms and rubbed her back. “Let’s just see what happens after the engagement.” “I hope he wakes up soon and realizes he’s never needed her.” She said.

 

Suho shot out from the water and walked up to the sunflowers, taking a seat in their shade. Suho crossed his arms and tried to calm himself down. He knows to be drunk and arguing with his parents at the same time was not good for him. He slowly uncrossed his arms and breathed in deeply. A thought came to him and he thought to himself, “I just want to see if she really is her.” Suho shook his head and stared across the lake, “I’ll just meet her once and if she doesn’t make me feel anything then she is not Jihyun. I will return home and do as my parent say.” Suho stood up and with a flick of his hand he changed his clothes and made his way to see the girl.

 

Suho arrived at the front door and lifted his hand up but he put his hand back down. Suho turned around and had a mental debate with himself. “I can,” Suho said. Suho turned back towards the door and he lifted his hand but instead of knocking he placed his hand against the door.

 

Suho reached his hand up and placed it on the wooden door, he cried as he hit the door. There was no response from the other side but that didn’t stop him from banging on the door even louder. “Let me in! I have to see Jihyun!” Suho yelled. Suho waited but there was no response, everything was quiet. He kept hitting the door and yelling, “Jihyun, you need to return it to me!” Suho kept banging the door but no one would come and open it. “Jihyun! Jihyun!” Suho yelled. More tears fell from his eyes and he kept on hitting the door. His hand were starting to bleed and he didn’t care.

 

Gentle arms pulled him back and he fell backward, he looked up and saw his mother. She was crying and holding him in her arms. “Mother,” Suho said. “Stop it, you’re only going to hurt yourself.” She said. Suho struggled to get out of her arms but it was no use. “Suho stop it.” She said. “No Mother, I have to get my powers back,” Suho said. She kissed his forehead, “Suho, let’s go home.” Suho shook his head but kept crying, “No Mother, I have t.. to…” Suho tried to breath, his mom lifted him up into her arms and carried him to the water. She placed him down on his back and he took deep breaths of air. After a while he looked at his mother, “what’s happening to me?” She hugged him in her arms, “I’ll explain to you when we get home.” She said. Suho and his Mother slowly slipped down into the water and disappeared.

 

A tear dropped down Suho’s face and he used one hand to wipe it away. He removed his hand and turned around. He took a couple of steps before someone called out to him. “Hey, you there!” She yelled. Suho turned around and there she was smiling at him. She ran towards him and somehow Suho felt his heart clench from pain. He placed a hand over his heart and instead of the pain it suddenly began beating rapidly. She reached him while breathing a bit hard from running, "Hello, um... Who are you here to see?" Suho felt sparks running all over his body and suddenly he was falling backward.

Beep… Beep… Beep…

 

Haru woke up and slid the button on her phone ending the alarm. Haru stretched and let out a sigh. A few moments later her door slid open and her mom was looking at her, “did you go back to sleep after turning your alarm off?” Haru shook her head and slowly got up. “We’ll be in the front yard.” Mrs. Choi said. Haru nodded her head again and watched as her mom l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter