Chaewon's Umma

Appa, get Umma for me!

Chaewon’s Umma

 

“ Moon, I’m pregnant. “ Moonbyul never thought that three words could blow her world away but it did. On that fateful day. Moonbyul didn’t know what to say or do at that point, seeing the girl infront of her crying her eyes out after the confession horrified her.

 

“ I-I k-know it doesn’t concern you or I-I know I shouldn’t drag you into this but,” The girl gasped for air pausing her statements.

 

And Moonbyul thinks its utter bull.

 

Of course, it concerns her. Moonbyul is involved now, even before.

 

She has been dragged into this, and she willingly allowed the girl to do so.

 

“ I’m debuting next month. I-I can’t raise a child yet Moon. I-I just. I just can’t. “ So there it is. Moonbyul was the fall. She knew where this was leading but she couldn’t understand why the girl picked her to be the guardian of her unborn child.

 

“ My-my members have worked hard for this moment, of us finally debuting. I can’t risk being selfish and quit all the sudden. It would break my heart Moon. “ She says that as she wasn’t broke someone else’s. Moonbyul wanted to scream, shout at the stupidity. She once thought that this girl could never go wrong nor commit any mistake but she didn’t realize the entire time that she already was. She was caught up on the love and desired affection she yearned for, a love that was unique and different from her parents’. But she was wrong as well.

 

“ Have you told anyone? “ The girl looks up for the first time, with tears gushing from her eye sockets. Moonbyul almost wants to scoff.

 

“ I told my sister. But, she cant support this child Moon. She’s working hard as singer too. It would-“

 

“ I’ll take care of it. “ Moonbyul slaps herself for saying the pronoun ‘it’. She reminds herself that the girl was carrying a person inside of her, and whoever made the baby was the ‘it’.

 

Where was the father?

 

“ I mean, I will be there for your child. I will take them as my own. “ Moonbyul says with a stoic expression, the girl could only cry even more.

 

“ The father? Where is he? “ The girl had paused her sobbing once more and shakes her head.

 

“ He’s a scumbag. And he will never be the father of my child. “

 

Then, what does that make Moonbyul?

 

“ If you debut next month, we have to assure that people would not notice. I will talk with your agency, organize check-ups and plan the pregnancy. “ Moonbyul stares at the relief released by the woman infront.

 

“ Thank you! Thank you so much Moon. “ Moonbyul now scoffs.

 

“ I will not do it for you. Make sure you can deliver this baby healthy. “

 

After all these years, Moonbyul does not understand the humor of the gods. The girl who once pleaded her to be the trust fall, the lifeline of her child is demanding her right to be a parent once more.

 

“ You never came back Moon, I was scared that you hid my child away. I was scared you will never let me see her. But, look. I have found her again. “ Jung Soojung. The fated mother of Jung Chaewon Heeyeon who gave her child away in pursuit of her dreams. The girl who made Moonbyul fall deeply. The same woman who begged for her support. Now, this ungrateful stranger who wants to take back Moonbyul’s daughter away.

 

“ You will never have her again Soojung. After all these years, we were happy. We are happy. We don’t need you to be in our lives. And I know you don’t need us, especially her in your life. “ Moonbyul barks as she stared the girl down. Soojung had a small smile on her face.

 

“ Forgive me Moon, I truly am sorry. However, I need her now. More than ever. She’s the missing piece in my life and without her, all of me is useless. I want to be a mother Moon. I want to be Chaewon’s Umma. “ Moonbyul rises up from her seat, hands on her waist. Sighing and letting out murmurs, Soojung hangs her head low. She knew Moonbyul wouldn’t appreciate her come back. But she needs to try. For Chaewon.

 

“ Y-You. You were never there. Y-You, you weren’t there when she had her first knee scrapes. You weren’t there on her first day at school. You weren’t there when she had allergies to nuts, you weren’t there when she smiled so widely on her new toys. You weren’t there! You weren’t there when she had nightmares, you weren’t there to coo her to sleep that night. You weren’t there! “ Moonbyul shouts as tears runs down her face, they were in a secluded area of the restaurant. And Moonbyul didn’t even give a damn about anything, Chaewon was in the other room with Solar and Amber, Soojung’s bandmate.

 

“ You weren’t there Soojung-ah! You weren’t there, you weren’t with us, with her. So stop! Stop telling me you have every single right just because you were her birth mother! Stop telling me that you need her when all these years you didn’t even seem to care! Stop! Stop it. You don’t deserve her. No, you don’t. “ Moonbyul ends it with her kneeling to the ground from the outburst. Soojung cries silently listening to the pent up rage from her childhood friend, the friend the she trusted so much to even let her be the guardian of her child.

 

Soojung approached Moonbyul, and kneels with her.

 

“ I know Moon. I don’t deserve her. I never thought that I do. I’m so sorry. But especially, I don’t deserve you. You had been with me since before, before all this mess happened. You who braved the storm for me, you who cared enough to know me and love me for who I am. I don’t deserve you, I don’t. “ Soojung wraps her arms around Moonbyul who has been sobbing uncontrollably.

 

“ I don’t deserve you. But, I want to be better Moon. Not for me, not for you but for her. For Chaewon, Moon. Chaewon my daughter. “ And Soojung breaks down hands gated on her face.

 

Just like that time.

 

When you asked me to be there for her.

 

Because you can’t.

 

“ Chaewon’s eight already. How about you Oppa? “ Chaewon asks her new found friend, Amber who was settled in with her together with Solar who shifts every minute or so since the two were talking. Amber laughs, “ I’m a Unnie, not a Oppa Chaewonnie. “ correcting the little girl from the gender pronouns she used. This alarms Solar, “ Heeyeon-ah, this is Amber Unnie. Call her Unnie okay? “ Solar expects to correct the girl once more as she sees the formulating confusion on Chaewon’s face.

 

“ Okay, so how old are you Unnie? “ Chaewon smiles, a douchebag for a father and a neglectful mother, she sure knows how to be sociable.

 

“ I’m turning twenty-six this year Chaewonnie. My birthday’s coming up.”

 

“ Ooh! Ooh! Birthday party! Can I come to your birthday party Unnie? “ Chaewon flashes her pretty eyes, and Solar giggles at her antics. Amber nods anyway, she’s loving this girl.

 

“ Sunbaenim, I hope youre not too uncomfortable. Heeyeon, I mean Chaewon’s just talkative and nosy all the time. “ Solar apologizes in behalf as the mentioned girl has been walking around the area. Amber shakes her head.

 

“ It’s okay Solar-ssi. I’m just surprised she’s unlike her mother, Soojung. “

 

Wait, so that girl who just went with Moonbyul in that room beside them was Chaewon’s mother?

 

“ W-what?! I- I mean, I’m sorry for the outburst but is she the real mother of Chaewon? “

 

“ Yes, after all these years. Soojung had the courage to see her daughter. She told me how unfulfilling our life was without her. So, we couldn’t pass this chance. I’m so sorry about your interrupted dinner. Soojung’s been antsy and the moment she saw her she knew she had to dive in. “ Amber concludes, as she stares at the dazed and spaced out Solar from the new information she received.

 

Wow, top girl groups do have some bat secrets.

 

Solar thinks Chaewon’s mom wasn’t even alive at this point, what a twist.

 

All of the sudden they hear clicks of the door being open, the adults immediately stood up and gazed at the door for the incoming people. Solar finds Moonbyul’s face right away, all tired and swollen. Same as Soojung or Krystal. The mother of Chaewon.

 

“ We are leaving Chaewon. Come to Appa. “ Moonbyul bents down to prepare the lift for her daughter to be in her arms. Chaewon looks over not to Moonbyul but the woman beside her.

 

“ She’s Umma right? Real Umma, isn’t she Appa? “ And the pin drops, everyone was shocked how this girl managed to figure out such almost a decade long mystery.

 

“ N-no, she’s Appa’s friend baby. Not Umma. “

 

“ Appa, you really at lying. I know she’s Umma. And I have seen her before. I know who she is. She’s a Jung like me right Appa? “

 

This girl is one for the books, well there was not point of hiding it anymore as it seemed like the girl figured it out by herself.

 

“ Actually, she is Umma-Umma. She’s Jung Soojung. “

 

“ Jung Soojung. My Umma. “

 

Chaewon walks up to the frozen woman by the door, who lost all her breath from the moment the little girl spoke. All directed their eyes to Chaewon’s movements as she moved closer and closer to Soojung.

 

“ Umma, I’m Jung Chaewon Heeyeon. I’m eight now. And this is my Appa, Moonbyul Yi. This is my other Umma, Kim Yongsun. And this is my friend Amber Unnie. I finally get to meet you Umma. Soojung Umma. “ The girl smiles with great certainty in her face contrasting the life- colors of the adults around her especially Moonbyul’s.

 

 

“ Chaewon-ah, is it alright to call you that? “ The girl nodded, opening her arms up for the older woman to wrap around and they engaged in a bone crushing hug. Soojung sobs even more, now holding her daughter whom she missed for eight years. The daughter she longs for was now with her. Chaewon giggles at her Umma, letting little tears drop as well.

 

“ I missed you Umma. Never go again okay? “ A nod came in response and the pair continued their sweet reunion.

 

The sudden turn of events caught everyone off guard. A mother who reconciled with her daughter and a daughter who held on to her mother and braved the acceptance when many would even second guess of it. Moonbyul thinks the world doesn’t deserve Chaewon. Even she doesn’t deserve her.

 

“ Appa, I’ll be alright. Umma will be there and Amber Unnie. So don’t worry and take Yongsun Umma home okay? “ Chaewon says still with her unwavering smile as the girl had decided to spend the night with her real mother. The birth mother was surprised and thankful for the kindness the girl was displayed for her, and Moonbyul doesn’t sit well with the idea.

 

“ Okay, but I’m picking you up tomorrow. I love you Chaewonnie. Take care, good night. “ As Moonbyul finishes her last set of kisses to her daughter, she sees Soojung eye to eye and whispers; “ Take good care of her, I dare you. Be a real mom that you say you were going to be. “

 

Soojung smiles in response and lifts Chaewon up.

 

“ I’ll see you tomorrow. For now, have a great night. “

 

Soojung heads for their car with Amber leading the mother-daughter the way leaving Moonbyul and Solar in the cold entrance of their supposed dinner date restaurant. Solar speaks up.

 

“ So, should we head home? “ Moonbyul looks at Solar, and declines.

 

“ No, I’m still thinking of spending time together if that’s okay with you. “

 

With a smile, Solar lets a hand out for taking.

 

so, we are almost nearing the end guys, i think its quite obvious who Chaewon's Umma is. 

by the way you guys do want a happy right? i been thinking of sad endings nowadays!