Moonbyul Appa

Appa, get Umma for me!

Moon Byul Yi is an only child who was filled with lots of love and admiration from her parents and their families. She admits that loneliness crept up to her especially when her parents were working late at night, building up their empire of a company, which soon she multiplied in her term.

 

She believes and lives by the idea of being who you are is the only way to be. She doesn’t hide the fact she wears comfortable clothes, men’s clothes, or the fact that she has manly behaviors and tends to be charming and cool rather than girlish and lovely.

 

Her parents loved her for whoever she was and that was enough for 16-year old Moonbyul to come out to her parents as a woman-lover.

 

She didn’t exactly label herself as anything, so the people just did for her. At school, many would call her “lesbian” or “tomboy” for her looks but she paid no heed to them. To her, all of them were just background noise. She didn’t like what they say about her but she never retaliates.

 

Only when her parents were put in question and placed under spiteful mockery was only the triggering point for Moonbyul.

 

From then on, she was under homeschooling which didn’t affect her in any way. School was just annoying for her. She was determined to take over the company anyways so homeschooling was an option that suits her condition.

 

Without much thought, Moonbyul lived her life simply in contrast to her lifestyle that her parents provided for her. She wasn’t a snob nor ignorant. She was just moderate. She felt passive in her life. She never had any urge for anything, she felt nothing other than love for her family. Anything else seems dead to her.

 

Until her.

 

Moonbyul was never a fan of social media. She thinks it is tiresome to manage and people were just busybodies, wanting to know the latest gossip on anyone they know. It is either love or hate in social media. But being an only child, homeschooled to the extent, to some degree she faced social media. She sets up her Facebook account and made sure it was private. She kept browsing over the lists of ‘Friends You May Know’ trying to see which was a good choice to befriend. Till she came across a certain beautiful girl. She found herself entranced and attracted by mere looks. Well, every good cover has to have a great story to tell. She adds the girl on Facebook.

 

Weeks passed by but her friend request remains unnoticed. Moonbyul wonders if the girl found it peculiar being sent a friend request by a stranger. So Moonbyul waits once more.

 

That is,

 

“ Um, who are you? “

 

The message pops up in her Messenger. Moonbyul widens her eyes in assurance to check whether it was real or not.

 

She readily responds with:

 

“ I want to make friends, and do not worry. I am a girl. “

 

Nonchalantly replied, she waits for the message to deliver and looks at her screen for the response.

 

“ Well, look elsewhere weirdo. “

 

That oddly puts a smile on Moonbyul’s face.

 

Starting from then, they conversed well on media. Moonbyul trying to get the girl to always reply to her despite the messages of; “ I am no longer going to reply. “ over and over again.

 

Soon, they opened themselves up and naturally began to share once life with each other. She learns that this beautiful girl had a loving sister and that she was training to become an idol herself.

 

Moonbyul looks up the definition of an idol in her search engine and finds out about what they do. Clearly, the girl must be super talented enough to be training to become one. That got Moonbyul curious.

 

“ So you can sing and dance? “

 

Moonbyul asks. In reality, she herself would write poems and short lyrics about any finding it as passive hobbies in her spare time.

 

“ Yes, weirdo. I can. That’s what an idol is. Stupid. “

 

Moonbyul smiles as there goes that famous stupid line of hers.

 

“ Send me one of your covers. “

 

She didn’t think the girl would send them to her since she knows about how timid and wary the girl is around her, getting her to open up was a huge milestone in their friendship. But holy damn. This girl was everything. She has a stable voice, a sweet and charming tone to it. And she can dance well too.

 

“ Not bad. “

 

“ I know, charmed are you? “

 

“ No, just impressed you can pull it off. I thought you were lying about the whole training for idol group thingy. “

“ . “

 

“ Thanks. “

 

That started Moonbyul to go back to her hobbies and found out that singing and composing were such fun. She began learning to play the piano, guitar, and violin. She composed many songs and short poems due to her unusual motivation that came out of nowhere. Her parents were really glad that she found something that made her eyes twinkle, something that she would do unconsciously every day, and something she couldn’t let go of.

 

Moonbyul was for once, passionate about something.

 

And it felt great.

 

She starts sending her works to the girl, and true enough, there were compliments of course but also ridicules in her way. Moonbyul was just beyond proud of herself to accomplish so much and get such a response afterward even if it wasn’t as much as she would hope for.

 

 

“ Listen, the company just sat us down and talked about debuting. “

“ I think I am going to make it Moon. “

“ I am going to be an idol for real. “

 

 

Of course, Moonbyul was happy for her. But it kept her wondering.

 

It meant no more of their friendship.

 

It meant the end.

 

“ Congratulations! You deserve it brat. I hope you won’t forget about me though. You being famous and all. “

 

“ Why would I? “

 

“ I don’t know. Just cause. “

 

“ I won’t. I will not allow that. “

 

Moonbyul sighs. She hopes though. If it were true.

 

If only she held onto this.

 

But of course, it wasn’t.

 

Like anything in her life, Moonbyul lost her in the end.

 

That is.

 

 

 

 

Moon’s background story. Hek.

Expect more to come. Who knows who this girl is no?

Anyways, drop down your comments and thoughts.

 

-Kororo143