Charming Appa

Appa, get Umma for me!

The ride to Solar’s apartment was silent. Mostly due to the fact that little 8-year old Chaewon was fast asleep at the backseat. The adults had a hard time opening up a topic because, well they weren’t supposed to be together once more after the ‘clean-up’ of the issue.

 

“ So, Miss Solar-ssi. Uhm, if you will and if I may step out of bounds you may choose not to answer but; what happened? Why were you crying? “

 

Solar didn’t expect this to be the first topic of conversation that Moonbyul would use. She looks at the driver’s seat and finds Moonbyul staring at her. Solar sighs, in all honesty, she wasn’t much of a cry-baby. Just the pressure and the harsh precautions from her management had her emotions combust right there and then in the public. Good thing, it was Moonbyul who found her.

 

“ Oh, don’t mind that. I just had a rough time today. That is all Moonbyul-ssi. “ Moonbyul hums, back to the honorifics I see. Solar shifts her weight to lean more at the car door side. She feels the cold air among them but it didn’t feel gravitated from their interaction. Just the air conditioning. Solar thinks. Moonbyul notices her slight shivering, turns down the air conditioning to a minimum, and scrambles to get her reserved jacket for these special moments of course.

 

“ Here Miss Solar-ssi, please use my jacket to warm yourself. “ Moonbyul offers, flashing her dashing smile to Solar. She urged the older to take it leaving Solar to hastily accept.

 

“ Thank you so much Moonbyul-ssi. “ Wow, she looks great when she smiles. Moonbyul laughs. Did you just say that out aloud Yongsun? The other woman laughs some more. Definitely you idiot. Solar just laughs along hiding her embarrassment.

 

Unexpectedly, the route to Solar’s took longer than expected. The two somehow managed to salvage their conversation and decided to open up to one another. Moonbyul introduces herself once more as Moon Byul Yi and Solar as Kim Yongsun. Moonbyul thinks it’s a cute name.

 

They ended up sharing more of their thoughts about the controversy and Moonbyul saw the sparkle in Yongsun’s eyes when she talks about Chaewon.

 

“ Heeyeon is a nice girl, you raised her very well. “ Moonbyul swelled. She calls her Heeyeon. Moonbyul proudly smiles.

 

“ She’s done herself honestly. She was a natural. “ The two laughed in acknowledgment. The talk continues and the more Moonbyul opens up about their life, the more drawn Yongsun is towards this family. Raising a kid at 16 is not an easy task despite Moonbyul having the resources still, caring for another human being is not everyone’s cup of tea. Yongsun sees the purity of her actions and the way she talks about Heeyeon, she sees genuine love.

 

“ How about you Yongsun-unnie? What’s the story of your life? “ The endearment had changed that quick in this ongoing 45-minute drive to her house. Yongsun had emerged all this time leaving Solar hidden and enclosed. Yongsun chuckles, her life wasn’t so great.

 

When she started her idol journey, she got rejected in all 50 companies she applied for. She knew she could sing, they acknowledge her talent. But apparently, talent isn’t getting you anywhere if you want to be in the K-Pop industry. Beauty standards have been raised to the highest extent. Companies loved a face, a face that would attract people to their company. To invest in them. Sadly, Yongsun did not have that face. She was close to giving her dream. All she ever knew was to sing and perform. That was her life. That has always been her life. And yet she pushed to the rim, she had no choice but to let this dream go. Until she got a call back from a company called RBW. Despite having no reputation, she accepted the offer being taken in as a trainee.

 

However, the obstacles didn’t end there. She had to undergo the harsh and suffocating three years of daily training ranging from dance to vocal lessons. There were times where things didn’t go well, or her evaluation wasn’t satisfactorily, or she couldn’t get the hang of the instructor’s dance, it caused her to undergo severe depression. She wasn’t feeling confident, she couldn’t see herself ever stepping out and show the world her talent. She didn’t think highly of herself anymore. She couldn’t help but think she’s a lost cause. But luckily, her members lifted her up. Showing her that they were going to do this together. Thus, the boost in their teamwork and the essence of their friendship had bloomed enough to see the connection they had as a great idea for the company to debut them together. They henced the name MAMAMOO to them. Each represented the three M’s as they were a trio consisting of: Solar, Wheein, and Hwasa.

 

There on bad luck must have followed Solar everywhere as they couldn’t get enough media attention and lacked fan support. They kept busking around the city and even venturing to other close cities as well. And sure enough, their great effort had been noticed after their consistent powerful and real-live performance every time they perform or go busking.

 

“ Korea finally noticed great talent eh? “ Moonbyul commented as Yongsun finishes her story. Yongsun smiles her way. Yes, they did.

 

After an hour of driving, they reached Solar’s place. Before Yongsun stepped out, Moonbyul handed her a calling card.

 

“ When you cry and need someone to listen, I’ll be there. “ Moonbyul says as she hands her the calling card for the pizza company. “ Or if you’re craving pizza, it’s best to call me. “ Yongsun laughs, nodding her head as she straightens herself out. Slipping out of the car, Yongsun who may have changed herself to Solar glances at the backseat. “ Goodnight Heeyeon-ah, same to you Moonbyul-ssi. “ Solar smiles at the two of them and closes the car door. Not missing the small wave Moonbyul displayed towards her.

 

Dare I say, you are one charming Moon.

 

Solar chuckles as she grips on the calling card she just got.

 

So safe to say, Solar becomes Yongsun when with Moonbyul.

Please comment on how the story is so far for you guys. 

PS: Let us once again imagine two Hwasa's and two Wheein's in this story. Thank you. 

-Kororo143