Emotional Umma

Appa, get Umma for me!

That night came as a blessing in disguise. For one, Moonbyul now had someone to talk to whenever it was convenient. Not all times where she can talk to her friends for they were also busy with their respective jobs and responsibilities. After their exchange, Moonbyul can be seen laughing even more. Especially in front of her phone. Employees passing by would look twice before walking their way, their CEO is nice but it was rare to see her happy these days. Chaewon would often tilt her head sideways whenever her Appa giggles aloud.

 

Appa’s getting weird these days.

 

Yongsun on the other hand is still recovering from the greasy alter-ego Moonbyul displays on their message conversations. Every day, the charismatic Moon would send such flattering texts filled with a hint of tease.

 

“ Take care Yongsun-ah, you keep running in mind. You must be tired. Rest in my heart instead. “

 

Yongsun scoffs. This woman is truly unbelievable. But she finds herself replying every single time. They got more up-close and personal after starting this texting back and forth. At night, they would call one another. Usually, the call starts with them pestering Chaewon and having their casual fun. They have the habit of putting her to bed together now. Safe to say, the eight-year-old has been sleeping pretty well.

 

“ Unnie. I was wondering, are you free tomorrow? “ Moonbyul asks in a quiet tone, afraid to wake Chaewon up and to say that sentence aloud. Yongsun ponders for a while, checking her schedule on her laptop, she turns back to the younger.

 

“ My afternoon’s vacant. Why? “ Yongsun wonders, the last time they met face to face, she was found crying. What an embarrassment.

 

“ I want to have a friendly dinner with you tomorrow along Chaewon, of course. “ No, Moonbyul just added that part so that it wouldn’t sound weird to ask her out tomorrow evening. She wanted to treat Yongsun for dinner. For reasons being grateful towards the older for adding much much color to their life and of course, Chaewon misses her.

 

Of course, Chaewon misses her.

 

“ Hmm. I guess I can. I miss Heeyeon too. “ Yongsun smiles shyly. She wanted to say she missed the woman as well but she reserves that to herself for now. Moonbyul does a silent ‘yes’ gesture however also being cautious to avoid waking Chaewon up. The little girl is scary if you intentionally or unintentionally wake her up in the middle of the night. Yongsun laughs at her but stops herself mid-away as she was being shushed by Moonbyul.

 

“ So, I’ll see you tomorrow? I’ll text you the address. “ Moonbyul concludes, sensing it was late already and both had to get up early tomorrow.

 

“ Sure, see you two tomorrow. “

 

Moonbyul sleeps with a permanent smile on her face.

 

All-day, Moonbyul seemed more nervous. She kept rehearsing some lines to say later on. Or imagine scenarios in her head to know what she will do when situations come up. Chaewon’s been excited as soon as the news came to her, she skipped happily to school today all the way to her room. Moonbyul stays and smiles proudly, seeing how politely Chaewon greets her homeroom teacher as well as her classmates.

 

Moonbyul had prepared her spare clothes for tonight’s agenda. She had purposeful chose this outfit cause she may be wanting to impress someone. She’s picking up Chaewon later and brought her spare clothes as well. More than the feeling of anxiousness, Moonbyul is just honestly happy. It’s been a while since she had gotten to befriend other people who aren’t Wheein and Hyejin. A new face had brought wonders in her life as well as her daughter’s and despite the rough start, she finds this friendship precious and wants to keep it alive.

 

“ CEO Moon, Chairman Lee would see you now. “ For now, Moonbyul heads on to another tough day at work.

 

“ Yes, I will be on my way. “ Moonbyul takes her suit jacket and puts it around her. Going out of her office, bowing to some employees she passed by and heads to the conference room. Today was the meeting of other executives who were interested in investing in her companies. Moonbyul warms her hands together before she enters. It always feels like the first time. Here I go.

 

When she opened the door, “ Mr. Lee –“

 

“ Moon. “

 

Moonbyul stops dead at her tracks.

 

Solar had been recording for the entire morning, being it as a preparation for their summer comeback, she performs her role diligently. Singing with utmost happiness in those few high notes she inputs. The producers were very satisfied, knowing that their recording is going to end very soon at this rate. Solar bids them farewell, bowing in accord with her way of saying gratitude after such an eventful session. She finds this side of being an artist as such a profound feeling. Being professionals at the same time being able to help staff behind the scenes by their successes makes Solar push more for her career.

 

She was reminded of the dinner date she had with Moonbyul. Wait, was it even a date? But, Heeyeon’s going to be there. Certainly, it couldn’t be a date, right? It was just a friendly dinner between newfound friends, right?

 

Solar checks the time, 2:10 pm. She was time.

 

Solar was running late. First, her planned outfit failed to push through as she saw little holes in them. It was no good. So as a result, she had to iron a new outfit once more. Second, her ride delayed its appearance in her apartment. She frantically texted Moonbyul that she was running a bit late yet the other girl reassures her they just arrived. Solar reaches for her small mirror, checking her makeup. She wanted it to look natural and just light. She gets her blush, dabs a little on it waiting in her front porch to be alarmed when her ride comes. She dabs some on her face. She puts some more color on her beauty blender when ‘Honk!’

 

Solar ended up with a red nose.

 

This was it!

 

If anything, Solar could just back out. Leave, like this never happened.

But Yongsun stood still, her heart’s beating like crazy. Yongsun steadies herself debating to enter or call Moonbyul to announce her arrival.

 

“ Miss Solar-ssi? “

 

Too late.

 

“ Ms. Moon has been waiting, let me lead you to your table. “ The waiter gestured to follow him, as they entered the quite prestigious restaurant. As soon as she entered, she could feel this cozy yet elegant presence going on. She feels anew. It seemed like a normal restaurant but it feels much more than that. The waiter had led her to Moonbyul and Chaewon. They were sort of arguing who gets to sit next to Solar. Moonbyul being a child that she is, literally safeguarded her seat and Yongsun’s seat allegedly. Heeyeon kept whining as her Appa merongs her endlessly.

 

“ Ahem. Ms. Moon, Ms. Solar has arrived. “ Moonbyul immediately stood up getting the bouquet at the side of the table and coming over to greet Solar. Heeyeon jumped herself onto her. Yongsun smiles widely while her hair.

 

“ Yongsun unnie, y-you l-look great. Here, for you. “ Moonbyul hands her a bouquet of white tulips. Yongsun smiles in appreciation.

 

“ Thank you so much. You didn’t tell me, I could have picked up something for you and Heeyeon as well. “ Heeyeon hugs her even tighter, Moonbyul just shakes her head.

 

“ There is no need to unnie. It’s my treat tonight. “ Heeyeon lets go of the hug, as she leads Yongsun to her side of the table. Moonbyul makes a noise.

 

“ Umma, where would you like to sit beside? Me or Appa? “ Heeyeon sweetly states, Yongsun looks from both sides. Moonbyul somehow made her face look like a semi-dejected puppy denied of love from its owner.

 

“ I’ll sit by Heeyeonie. “ Heeyeon now merongs her Appa cheekily as she pulls Yongsun to sit beside her. Moonbyul just falls back down and hangs her head low.

 

“ I’ll sit with you later Moonbyulie. “ Yongsun’s winks. Moonbyul lights up faster than a bulb.

The three had a splendid time. Dinner was great, the food was great. Yongsun finds out that Moonbyul had invested in this restaurant. Her childhood friend had built this and she supported it immensely in its early stages. Yongsun looks around, she does have taste in business.

 

“ Ladies and gentlemen, tonight is a special night. We are visited by our loving CEO, Moonbyul Yi! And her little cutie Chaewon. Since we are short on our music live band, may we request CEO Moon to give us just one song number? I’m sure all of us would want that right? “ The manager announces in the microphone in their mini stage. Moonbyul blushes as she shakes the request with the full of use of her arms while Chaewon just pushes her Appa towards the stage.

 

“ Come on Appa, let them see how amazing you are! “

 

Chaewon manages to drag her in the center of the stage. Moonbyul hastily accepted the microphone. She clears as she asks to borrow the guitar in place.

 

“ Good evening everyone, I am Moonbyul Yi. “ She bows at the restaurant customers as well as the staff. Yongsun looks on, frankly quite curious about what was about to happen.

 

“ Umma, listen to Appa! She’s really good. “ Chaewon says this along with her two thumbs up, Yongsun chuckles as she nods her head.

 

“ So, I don’t know what to sing or perform. I am just going to sing the song that is on top of my head. I apologize in advance if my voice cracks I am no professional. “ Moonbyul ends as she sits on a barstool and tuning the guitar a little bit. The crowd applauses in response to her little speech. Chaewon screams as the guitar start to sound. Yongsun held her down, fixated on the stage.

 

When I look at the evening sunset,

so much I miss you

On days where the wind feels so good, I…

you you you you

When I hear a good song,

so much I miss you

When I watch a good movie,

I think of you

 

 

Days that I shared with you are

not here anymore

 

 

On starry nights, always,

so much I miss you

When tears silently fall, I…

you you you you

Your voice,

so much I miss you

Yesterday and today, I…

you you you you


 

Yongsun was shocked. Moonbyul sang their song ‘I miss you’. She showcased her soothing low voice and Yongsun feels taken aback. She feels chilled by Moonbyul’s singing voice. And Moonbyul kept her gaze on her.

 

 

Your touch that caressed me,

so much I miss you

You used to whine that

you missed me

 

 

Days that I shared with you are

not here anymore

 

 

On starry nights, always,

so much I miss you

When tears silently fall, I…

you you you you

 

Your voice,

so much I miss you

Yesterday and today, I…

you you you you

 

An instrumental break was supposed to be here, but Moonbyul heads on and performs her rap lyrics.

 

The first time you called out my name

Been running without rest

So I couldn’t capture it all in my memory film

The one who made my four seasons

It’s filled with your warmth

Lived yesterday without regret

And I’ll laugh today

While longing for a tomorrow with you, me, us

 

Yongsun was seriously tearing up now. She suddenly remembered something back then.

 

“ Hey! What you doin’ here? “

“ A pretty girl like you shouldn’t be hiding in here. “

“ Pretty girl, pretty hands need to be held like this.

“ Come on now. I am still planning to make you smile. “

 

Shedding a tear, Yongsun realizes Moonbyul had already finished her mini-performance and applauded as the crowd did. Moonbyul makes her way back to them, as she was greeted by an overexcited Chaewon.

 

Who are you, Moonbyul Yi?

 

“ Appa! THAT WAS DAEBAK!! “ Moonbyul laughs, kissing Chaewon’s cheek she sets her down gently in her seat. She went next to Yongsun, pulling a chair and sitting next to her.

 

“ Hey, are you okay? “ Moonbyul asks worriedly about the rushing tears Yongsun was producing. Yongsun embarrassingly laughs shaking her head.

 

“ You’ve been crying all the time when you’re with me. Should I take that as a sign? “ Moonbyul jokes eliciting a dolphin laugh from Yongsun.

 

“ Took you long enough to figure that out! Haha. So you’re a MooMoo now? “ Yongsun jokes back, in return Moonbyul laughed.

 

“ Yeah, I like you. “ Yongsun blushes as she pushes Moonbyul away severely embarrassed of their situation right now. " I like you guys, MAMAMOO. " Moonbyul adds to make it less weird. You know?

 

“ Appa, look at that! “

 

They turned around. Yongsun looked confused, while Moonbyul. She looked tense.

 

“ Moon. Let’s talk. “ 

 

Dun dun dun! 

Just obsessed with the song ' I miss you' by MAMAMOO, Queendom version. 

-Kororo143