Kind Appa

Appa, get Umma for me!

 

It has been a terrible week since the controversy that messed with their lives a bit. To be quite frank, sales and stocks of their pizza company had been going impressively well. Moonbyul’s other businesses had suffered little losses here and there but ultimately soared up once the issue had cleared up.

 

RBW Entertainment had shut down the rumors of the alleged “home meet-up” which indeed happened however, it was best to just deny that it ever happened and moved on.

 

Ever since she met Solar, all she had been doing was denying everything.

 

To the point that she denies the brewing feelings that had stayed with her all the while. She tells herself that there was no point in pursuing someone out of reach.

 

They were polar opposites and should have never encountered one another.

 

As it should always be.

 

As for Chaewon, well the little girl had surprisingly coped up. She no longer asked for Solar and seemed to have forgotten what happened. She did use the computer once a while but it was never about Solar nor Mamamoo.

 

But she knows that her daughter had just been holding it in.

 

Yet Moonbyul tries to let her anyway. She needed to learn sooner or later.

 

The work was never a problem for Moonbyul. At the age of 20, she already took over the family business. Her parents have been nothing but supportive of her and reminded her always about making about “family” to never let the business be out of touch from their branding of being a family. Over time, Moonbyul learned more to care about people outside her bloodline. She learned to have empathy and a listening heart to other people. Earning her more trust from business partners and company employees who had stayed long during her parents’ hold on the company, now Moonbyul’s time at the company proved to them that they were right on staying so long.

 

After work, Moonbyul walked towards this little café shop where she gets these delicious mango tarts that Chaewon likes so much. It became her habit to always bring Chaewon something when she came from work or when she went out. Getting two orders of the mango goodness, Moonbyul went her way to go home to Chaewon, to her lifeline.

 

 

Another week had passed by, and now all of Korea had placed the issue between MoonChae and Solar behind them. Moonbyul had never been so thankful at least Chaewon wasn’t the topic on social media anymore.

 

Not that she was looking.

 

She did for Chaewon. The girl did not deserve all the unnecessary attention on her after all, she only is 7 years old.

 

She wanted to be a great ‘Appa’ for her little Chaewon, a kind that would never leave her behind unlike her mother. She wanted to be everything so that Chaewon wouldn’t look for her anymore. She will try to be better once more.

 

But only did she realize that it was Chaewon’s birthday tomorrow.

 

“ Crap, how could I miss that? “ Moonbyul was now frustrated in her office, she walked back and forth thinking what could be the best birthday set-up for Chaewon’s 8th. Quite frankly, she did go overboard the past 7 years. Having a whole rented resort birthday on her 1st. A Disney Enchanted Kingdom one on her 4th. And so on. What could be special and different to do for her 8th?

 

“ Aha! I got it. “

 

Moonbyul went home late that night, staying on the phone with Wheein and Hyejin to plan very well for tomorrow’s celebration. She carefully slipped inside of their house. She was thankful that she had reliable employees at home as well. She never made them work all day or every day, just when she needed them. She thanked them, giving their compensation for the whole week and bade them goodbye.

 

She turns to Chaewon and her shared room, gently opening the door knowing the little girl is sound asleep. She sat beside her, caressing the lovely face of her daughter. Smiling on reminiscing the first time she held her in her arms. She was so little back then. Yet, she had grown so much in such little time.

 

“ I love you so much Chaewonie. “ Kissed her daughter one last time on her forehead, Moonbyul decides to wash up. Leaving Chaewon with a smile plastered on her face as she continues her good dream.

 

 

Today was the day. Moonbyul nervously awaken. She didn’t want to wake Chaewon yet. Slipping out of their bed, Moonbyul proceeded to make breakfast. She planned to make fluffy pancakes and some cut-up fruits. Now she looks at it, the morning of their sleepover with Solar was exactly like this. Moonbyul scoffs. She didn’t want to be reminded of that, she shrugs off the thought and continued on her mission.

 

 

생일 축하해! (Happy Birthday Dear!) “ Moonbyul carried her finished tower of pancakes with the side of fruits and Chaewon’s favorite mango shake. Chaewon’s eyes lit up from their drowsiness from the breakfast surprise by her Appa.

 

“ Appa! Huuuuuuhhuuuuu. “ Chaewon cries and hugs her Appa, Moonbyul managed to balance the pancakes on one hand and hugged Chaewon on the other.

 

“ Come now little princess, it is your birthday today. “ Moonbyul drags them both to the dining area, other dishes were also there. 미역국 (Seaweed soup) was present. Egg omelets were there also, and 김치 (Kimchi) on the side.

 

The duo ate with full of love in their hearts. Chaewon was just grateful to spend another year with her kind Appa.

 

 

Evening rolled in and it was time for the surprise. Chaewon was cutely dressed in her baby blue chiffon dress while Moonbyul rocked her casual white long sleeve dress shirt and some oversized slacks. Chaewon didn’t know where they were going out so late but her Appa had urged her to follow along. The drive route was familiar to her. They were at the Hangang River. Moonbyul managed to get a great spot for them and had Wheein and Hyejin set up this beautiful light up picnic.

 

“ Waah, this is so beautiful Appa! “ Chaewon exclaimed it was her longtime wish to be able to sit here and just gaze at stars with Moonbyul.

 

“ Just like you, little princess. Now go to your aunties, I just need to grab something. “ Moonbyul smiles as she dismisses Chaewon who hurriedly ran up to her two aunties which earned her a smack from Wheein and Hyejin soothing the girl after.

 

Moonbyul grabs the box and heads on to them.

The night was young and fun. The 4 of them had a great time mostly Wheein bullying the birthday celebrant while Moonbyul and Hyejin protecting the girl. It came the time for the cake and Moonbyul remembers it in the car.

 

“ Wait here guys, I need to get something. “ Moonbyul rushes to her car and hurriedly gets the cake out hopeful it wasn’t melted. Thankfully it wasn’t and she proceeded to lock the car when she heard someone.

 

She sees Solar crying, she wasn’t sure if she should approach her or leave her there. Her guts say leave but her body and mind wouldn’t.

 

“ Solar-ssi? “ Moonbyul offers her handkerchief, urging the girl to take it. Solar reddens at the sight of Moonbyul. She was embarrassed about the situation nevertheless accepted the offer. She wiped her tears away and sniffles heavily.

 

“ I don’t know what happened, and I maybe not in the place to meddle. But its Chaewon’s birthday today. If it would make you cheer up, you are welcomed to celebrate it with us. “ Moonbyul proposed. She didn’t know why she asked that anyways. She just got out of the issue and now she’s inviting the woman to her child’s birthday? I mean there is no harm done though.

 

Solar contemplates. “ O-okay, I’ll join you. “

 

 

MoonSun comes back to the group, and Chaewon lights up at the sight of Solar. “ Look who’s here Chaewonie. “ Chaewon hugs the older woman and squeals. Solar smiles in return and hugs her as well. The other two aunties smile in her presence seemingly weirded out however, just let the woman be.

 

“ Chaewonie, come here let's blow your cake now. “ Moonbyul ushers the girl, the group gathered around and watched the girl make her earnest wish. Clapping were the 4 older women who had genuine smiles on their faces. Moonbyul kisses Chaewon on her forehead and lifts her up.

 

“ Yah! Jung Chaewon Heeyeon! You are eight now! You are getting so fat now ha? “ Moonbyul teases her daughter as she fakes struggling to lift her up and Chaewon whines.

 

“ I am not! “

 

 

The night progressed even more, and Moonbyul watches. The interaction of her loved ones with Solar ignited a smile on her face. She chuckles on the teasing that was happening. She’s glad the older doesn’t seem to be sad anymore and was enjoying herself.

 

Moonbyul waits for the biggest surprise.

 

“ APPA! LOOK A SHOOTING STAR! “ The group looks on to the direction Chaewon pointed at. Moonbyul chuckles, the fireworks that were made into looking like a shooting star worked. She was happy to fulfill this wish for Chaewon.

 

“ Okay, little princess go make a wish. “

 

“ I wish for eternal love with Appa and Umma. “ Chaewon smiles at her said wish, making the mentioned “Appa” and assuming “Umma” to red at that.

 

While the other two just smiled and continued their cuddles.

 

“ Also for Auntie Wheein to be less of a grumpy ahjumma. “

 

“ You brat! “

 

The night had concluded. WheeSa had hitched on their car after saying goodbye and after giving their gift as well.

 

Moonbyul was finding the perfect time to give hers. Meanwhile, the “mother tandem” had finished taking pictures by the river. Moonbyul calls for them. “ Chaewon-ah, Solar-ssi I am done packing. Let's go? “ The two rushed over to Moonbyul.

 

“ We will take Solar Umma home right Appa? “ Chaewon expectantly looks on. Moonbyul shifts awkwardly, not knowing what to say under the gazes of Chaewon and Solar.

 

“ S-sure of course. “ Chaewon smiles. Moonbyul smiles, and Solar smiles.

 

“ Kind Appa! Hehe, see Solar Umma? “ Moonbyul pulls Chaewon closer to her, kneeling on her level. She held out her present.

 

“ Baby, Appa got you something special. “ Moonbyul opens up the velvet box revealing the silver two star-necklace she got matching her own moon silver necklace.

 

“ Appa it's so beautiful! Thank you so much! “ Chaewon hugs Moonbyul.

 

“ Of course anything for you. “ Moonbyul looks at Solar. Solar smiles at them.

 

She sure is a kind Appa, Chaewon-ah.

 

 

 

Erm, yeah. I am not sure how accurate the translation of those words are. I got them from Google so my apologies. 

Also, let us pretend that in this story there are two pairs of WheeSa. One pair being Moon's friends and the other being MMM members.

Please comment on the story flow, so that I would hear some of your thoughts.

-Kororo143