It's time to come out of the shadows...and make a choice.

A whole new life with you?

Hanmi’s POV:

I waited for Taemin in my room when Key came in. He smiled at me, but all I did was stare at him.

“What do you want?” I said a bit coldly.

“This is MY room isn’t it? I can’t be here now?” He said, still smiling….wow…

“Oh, I’m sorry, just having a bad day, that’s all.” I said, giving a little smile.

“When do you not….” He said under his breath. DUDE, Do you think I’m deaf? I can hear you, idiot. Ugh, that’s a grreeeeaat way to show me how much I DON’T like you now, is it? I simply smiled at him, hoping he wouldn’t think I heard him.

“So…What’s up with you and Taemin?” He said a bit demanding. Why the hell would he want to know?

“Oh, nothing…Just wanted him to get me something…..at the mall?” I said. He simply nodded.

Before Key left, he turned his head to me and said, “You know Hanmi, if you EVER need someone to talk to, I’ll always be here.” Key flashed a smile at me before shutting the door.

Yuppppp, I’ll DEFINITELY come to you Key….NOT. Which reminds me, HOW LONG AM I SUPPOSE TO HIDE MYSELF FROM THEIR MANAGER?!

I CAN’T live like this in the shadows all my life! I heard someone coming to my room. I was a bit scared, thinking that it was their manager, so I hid under the bed. The door slowly opened, and I held my breath.

“PSSSTTT…..Hanmi-ah, Are you here?? Can I come in please?” I think that was Jonghyun Oppa.

“Jonghyun??” I said. He jumped up from shock, and scarefully looked into the crack of the door.

“Hanmi-ah?? Where are you??” He said, his voice shaking a bit. I rolled out underneath the bed, and fixed my clothes and hair. Yup, I looked like a retard rolling on the floor, but whatever.

He gasped looking at me. Then he laughed at me…huh that’s weird. He usually never talked to me, or even got near me.

“Oh, Oppa…What’s up?” I said, not wanting to anger him.

“I just wanted to talk to you.” He said.

“Talk about...what?” I said.

“Oh, well I know you don’t like talking to us, but it would be great if you opened up a little bit okay? I don’t want someone like you to feel locked up and alone forever, you know. Come on, let’s go to the others. “ He said. Wow, he was actually nice to me…

“Oh, ok…. I guess it won’t hurt right?” I said as I followed him.

I don’t know why, but I felt butterflies in my stomach when Jonghyun Oppa held my hand. He led me to the living room and sat me down on the couch.

 

Jonghyun’s POV:

I couldn’t take Hanmi just sitting there with nothing to do, so I helped her open up that little heart of hers. She may not like us now, but later she’ll open up to us.

My hands found its way to hers, and I began to feel better.Why did i hold her hand? I have NO clue...I guess...I just...felt like it? Yea, that was it, it's not like I like her, so don't get any ideas.

 I sat her down on the couch and sat beside her.

“Oppa…but I’m sleepy. I’ll just sleep in my room okay?” Hanmi said, attempting to get up, but I gently pushed her down, putting her head on my shoulder and putting a blanket on her.

“There, sleep here.” And she did. Huh….I thought she would pick a fight with me….I guess not. I can’t believe I’m doing this! But what could I do....she looked so lonely and afraid. It didn't help to hear her in the bathroom crying her eyes out, so this was something I could do to help her.

 I know I have a girlfriend…but my heart and my body just doesn’t want to listen to me. I want to go away from her, but my heart tells me I need her, not Jessica.

I looked at the members who were still in the Kitchen eating, and saw Key glaring at me. Why is he glaring at me like that?? What did I do?!

Just when I moved my eyes away from Key’s, Hanmi shifted herself more onto me, and put her hands on my chest. I hugged her so she felt more warm. It felt soo wrong…but so right at the same time.

My eyes moved away from Hanmi’s when Taemin came in, and went straight into his room… with a book?

“Hey Jonghyun-ah, hurry up and change because we have to go to you-” Manger hyung said.

“WHO THE HELL IS THAT?! WHY IS THIS GIRL HERE IN YOUR DORM?!” Manager hyung screeched at us, ok well me that is.

Uh-oh. We are soooo dead! Goodbye world….Goodbye freedom….and Goodbye Hanmi….

 

Key’s POV:

"Who is this?! What the hell is she doing here?! Get her out now!” Manager Hyung said.

At that moment, Hanmi had woken up and hearing Manger Hyung’s word, she began to run towards the door.

Thankfully Onew hyung stopped her, and held her hand tight. He whispered something into Hanmi’s ear, and she nervously nodded her head. I began to speak up.

“Hyung, we can explain…” I said.

“Well then?? Why don’t you explain now?! Come on, tell me your explanation….” He said, annoyed and obviously mad that we didn’t tell him.

“Hyung, listen…” I said.

His face was boiling with anger and frustration as heat radiated off of his body. I felt like I betrayed him or something.

“Look, when you asked me to get chicken for our dinner that one night when the weather was horrendous, I went…but when I went to the park as a shortcut, I saw her. Hanmi was wearing summer clothes and her face and body were covered in bruises and blood….She probably stood there in the rain for more than 5 hours. She passed out because it was too cold….What kind of person would I be to leave her there, crying her eyes out for who knows how long. It didn’t help that she was the same girl who I saved earlier that day in the rain. Hanmi was crying out loud, and almost got hit by a car. She looked so weak and miserable, and I didn’t want to go home feeling that I could’ve saved that girl from anymore pain and suffering. Later, we found out she had no home, and that her parents constantly blamed her for all that was bad, and constantly beat her up for no apparent reason. Hyung, pleease…let her stay….please…” Jonghyun hyung said. He sounded so deperate. Wow….that was actually touching.

Manager hyung sighed. His face looked more soft now.

“Can you work?” He said, now looking at Hanmi. She looked surprised.

“Umm…excuse me??” She said, a bit confused.

“Look, Jonghyun…you have every right to help Hanmi. Hanmi…. I’m very sorry....but....” He said.

My hope just crash landed to the ground. All of our faces dropped. Manager Hyung examined our faces.

“I wasn’t finished. Hanmi…” Manager hyung continued.

I held my breath, hoping he would say that she could stay.

“Look, I would let you stay here, but in order to actually stay and live with us, you need to work for us. I’m giving you a choice. We need more employees, so you better make your choice now.”

 

Hanmi’s POV:

Oh my God, thank you!! I didn’t know where else I’d go if their manager said no.

“Really?? I’d do anything for you guys. Thank you so much.” I smiled and gave him and the SHINee boys a deep 90 degrees bow.

Everyone cheered with joy. There were hugging and cheering and more hugging.

“YAY!! THANK YOU HYUUUNNG!!” Taemin said. The guys’ face were bright and cheerful as they high fived each other.

They gave their Manager a group hug along with me. The mood and atmosphere was bright and happy. It felt like I won an award or something. The only thing that was missing was confetti.

“Ok, ok…enough with the hugging. Ok Hanmi-ah, we need you to make your decision.” Manager hyung said. From happy faces to puzzled faces, I was confused of his question. He began laughing.

“I meant what job do you want to have? You have the choice to be their hair stylist, my assistant, choosing their clothes and what they wear to what event. You could also be their maid. It doesn’t have to be SHINee that you help. It could be Super Junior, SNSD, or F(x). Or you can help around the office. Choose your job now, Hanmi, so I can tell the CEO." He said.

Hearing my options, I wanted to do them all. I never got to experience life before, or anything at all, so I hesitated to answer.

“Umm…Sir, is it ok if I try them all? I haven’t experienced much in my life…so is it ok if I do try them all?” I said.

“mmm….Sure…that actually seems like a good idea. let’s do that then. What do you want to do first? Their new album, Lucifer, is coming out soon, so you have many options on what you want to do now. Your lucky because if you were another girl, I would've rejected her the first time I saw her. What’s even more lucky, is that you actually have a CHOICE. Being nice isn’t my specialty, so you better take this seriously…ok? I don’t want any slacking off or distractions on the way ok??” He said. My face lit up with joy.

“OK!! I promise!! I’ll try my best in everything I do, and work hard. I won’t slack off or take this for granted. I won’t let you down.” I said, proudly.

I can do this. This is the first time in my life I’m doing something I want to do, and something that actually made me happy.

“Ok, then…tomorrow you’ll do their hairstyles ok? I just messaged the CEO, and surprisingly, he agreed. He wants you to do their hair because he wants the boys to have something new and unique and he thinks you could do the job. So how bout it?” He said.

I can do that...I've cut my USED to be best friend's hair before, and it turned out pretty well. Plus, I would pick her clothes and stuff since she didn't know anything about fashion even though she was a Queenka at our school.

“YES, YES! I’LL DO IT! THANK YOU THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!” I said, jumping up and down. I hugged Key very tightly. He was surprised at first, but then his face softened and he hugged me tight.

"Wait, have you cut hair before?" He said.

"Me? Yes i have, i've cut a good amount of people's hair so i pretty sure i know what i'm doing. Thank you very much!" I said.

“WAHH! NOONA GETS TO DO OUR HAIR!! YAY! And she gets to come with us instead of staying in this boring place forever! woohooo~” One of the guys’ said, and I’m pretty sure it was Taeminnie.

What’s weird was that he was avoiding my gaze. I hugged him, but he quickly let go, not even looking at me. Huh…that’s a bit odd….his face was like that after he came back with my diary….

Besides that, I was happy. This was the start of my new life. Tomorrow, will be my first day out and my first day of my new life. I will no longer be pushed or pulled. I will do things my way and live a happy life, with no one to tell me what to do. (Well, except for my job, they could tell me what to do.)

And most importantly, I will never see those devils again.