Crushed

Behind The Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yobosaeyo? Hye Kyo sshi?" Ji Seon said. 

Hye Kyo knew that she wasn't supposed to be irritated over the voice of someone who has been nothing but kind to her, but she couldn't help it. It wasn't only her moment with Joong Ki that Ji Seon was interrupting, but her entire life. Hye Kyo knew that she could never get passed the "Hyun Bin chapter" of her life for as long as she continued to be in contact with the people who are close to him. 

No matter how kind Hyun Bin's mother was to her, Hye Kyo needed to stop replying to her messages and answering her calls because it, clearly, wasn't doing her any good. 

"Ajumeoni, you called." Hye Kyo cleared . "How are you?" She asked, trying to hide how annoyed she was right now. 

Ji Seon let out a hearty laugh in reply. 

"Hye Kyo sshi, how many times do I have to tell you not to call me "ajumeoni"? You're making me feel as if it really is over between you and my son." She said. 

"It really is over, ajumeoni. Long over." Hye Kyo answered in her mind. 

"Anyway, I'm alright. I still can't walk properly because of the broken bone in my leg, so Tae Pyung got me a nice pair of crutches." Ji Seon said. "What about you? How are you? I hope I'm not a bother to you right now."

"Actually, you are, ajumeoni. But out of respect, here I am, talking on the phone with you, when I could've been doing other things." Hye Kyo answered in her mind again. She just couldn't help it. 

"I'm alright, ajumeoni. And.. aniyo, you aren't being a bother." Hye Kyo fought for those words to come out of , and when it did, she felt its sour after taste. She hated lying, but she knew that in this moment, she had to. It was the only choice she had to avoid being in an awkward situation with her ex's mother. 

"Well, that's good." Ji Seon replied. "Actually Hye Kyo sshi, I didn't call out of the blue. There's something, rather someone, I want to talk to you about and I know you know who it is." She added, her tone shifting into a more serious one.

"Hye Kyo sshi, I know it's been a long time since you and my son have broken up, but can't you get back together?" Ji Seon asked. "I know he was at fault for leaving you like that, but believe me, he really didn't want to. It's just that he was confused and.. actually, it's a really long story. All I'm trying to say is that, more than the fact that you're the only woman that I want for my son, I know that he is still very much in love with you. He's been hiding it for so long because he feels as if, after what he did, he no longer deserves you."

Hye Kyo clenched her fist as she listened to the words coming out of Mrs. Kim's mouth. Not only was she s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter