Kind-hearted & Selfless

Behind The Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That evening of the same day, Hye Kyo paced back and forth in her room, pondering as to whether she should meet with Hyun Bin tomorrow evening. She knew that they were bound to talk anyway, for they never really got the closure that they wanted from their past relationship. She just didn't think that he'd invite her to talk just when she was starting to fall for someone else. 

"Why did he have to send flowers? Why did he have to put "Your Tae Pyung"? Why did he have to come back into my life!" Hye Kyo uttered as she falled face down on her bed. As she tilted her head up, she blew her bangs off of her eyes in frustration. "I'm not going." She repeatedly said. "But wait.. what if there was a reason why he left me? What if, it was because he had a serious problem in the past? Argh, you're hopeless, Hye Kyo!"

Ting nong, Hye Kyo's doorbell rang again. 

"Oh the joy. It might be another delivery from him again." Hye Kyo said sarcastically, as she brought herself up from the bed. She didn't even bother looking into the peep hole, and just opened the door immediately. 

"What is it that you have for-" Hye Kyo stopped mid-sentence as she noticed that it wasn't the delivery man that was standing in front, but a good-looking gentleman that she missed. A lot. "Joong Ki sshi?"

"I hope you missed me." Joong Ki smiled shyly. 

"I did. So much." Hye Kyo responded as she embraced him tightly. She was just relieved to have him standing in front of her after days of having absolutely no contact with him. 

Joong Ki was a bit startled by her gesture, but he gladly wrapped his arms around her as well. Her petite frame felt comfortable against his, and he could definitely stay this way forever. 

"Um.." Hye Kyo cleared , upon realizing that she had initiated too much skin ship early into their meeting. "I did miss you. I mean, you haven't texted or called me in a while. Did something happen?" She asked, gently breaking off the hug. 

Joong Ki shook his head in reply. 

"My high school friends invited me to go to Nami Island for a few days, and the place we were in didn't have signal." He answered. "I'm sorry if I worried you." 

"Gweanchanha." Hye Kyo patted his arm. "I'm just glad you're safe. Come in," She gestured, inviting Joong Ki into her humble abode. 

"Do you want anything? Coffee? Tea? Wine?" Hye Kyo asked, to which Joong Ki smiled. 

"Some things just never change.. just like your love for alcohol." He said. "Let's have some wine, Miss Hye Kyo."

"Don't worry," Hye Kyo smiled. "I won't get drunk this time. That's a promise." She added, before heading into her kitchen. 

As Joong Ki sat comfortably on her couch, he continued to debate with the little voice inside his head, telling him to bring up what he had seen at the hospital last week. He wanted to know what was it that Hyun Bin had told Hye Kyo that made her sit on the hospital bench and cry, but he didn't want to seem as if he was all up in her business. He didn't know if he had the right to ask, after all. Sure, they were friends, but there was still a boundary that kept them from knowing too much of each other's personal lives; past relationships, included. 

When Hye Kyo returned with a bottle of wine and two wine glasses, Joong Ki had finally decided that he wasn't going to bring it up. He just wanted to enjoy this night with her. 

"You know, this is the best wine that I've got here. It's a 2009 Chateau Margaux Balthazar." Hye Kyo said, as she poured the wine into the glasses. "It was given to me by a couple of my French fans when I went to Paris for a fashion event. At first, I thought it was just some ordinary wine, but when I looked it up, the cost made my jaw drop. Literally." She smiled. 

"Well if it's the best wine that you've got, shouldn't you be keeping it some more?" Joong Ki asked. "They say that the longer a bottle of red wine is kept, the better it tastes." He added. 

"I know." Hye Kyo nodded. "But I don't really care about how long it's kept or its taste. I care more about the person I share it with." She added.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter