Does He Know

Behind The Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You know noona, if you’re going to invite me over to have some coffee, you might as well talk to me.” Yoo Ah In chuckled, before taking a sip from his hot cup of coffee.

Hye Kyo had invited him over to catch up, but it seemed as if she was too focused on her cellphone to bother initiating a good conversation with her hoobae.

“Uh.. mianheyo.” Hye Kyo blushed in embarrassment. “It’s just that..”

“You’re waiting for someone to text you right?” Ah In smiled mischievously. “Someone named Song Joong Ki?”

“Ah In sshi!”

“Waeyo?” He laughed. “Noona, don’t be shy. I know you like Joong Ki hyung. I see no point in you denying it, because.. well.. it just shows.”

“Okay fine.” Hye Kyo gave up. “I’m just a little bothered. I.. I didn’t like the way we parted before he left for Wuhan.”

Ah In’s forehead creased in confusion.

“What happened?” He asked, before taking another sip from his hot cup of coffee.

Hye Kyo suddenly had a flashback of what happened that night. The way he called her right after she had talked with Hyun Bin made her feel suspicious as to whether he had really gone somewhere else right after bringing her to the hospital.

Joong Ki sounded as if he had witnessed her conversation with Hyun Bin, and that he was hurt by what he had seen, and that was the last thing that Hye Kyo wanted; for the guy that she liked the most, to be hurt by her past.

“Joong Ki invited me to have dinner at his place.” Hye Kyo started. “We were having such a great night, and then someone called. A few minutes later, I found myself at the Gangnam Severance Hospital, visiting Hyun Bin’s mother.” She added.

“Hyun Bin’s mother?” Ah In repeated, his eyes widening a little. It had been such a long time since his sunbae had mentioned her ex’s name, and he was quite surprised that he was coming back into her life yet again.

“You do know how close I was to his mother, right?” Hye Kyo said. “As much as I wanted to stay with Joong Ki, in that moment, Hyun Bin’s mother was more important than my happiness.” She added.

“Aish, what am I saying? I should be over all this already!” Hye Kyo said, feeling frustrated at herself.

“Anyway, Hyun Bin and I talked. I really didn’t want to, but it was bound to happen.” She added. “He brought up our relationship and I found myself still feeling so hurt.”

“I mean, I know I’ve moved on, but I just can’t find it myself to forgive him for leaving me like that.” She said. “And I hate myself for being so affected when I shouldn’t be. It’s been five years, Ah In sshi. Five years.”

Hye Kyo took a long sip from her cup of coffee. She just couldn’t understand why Hyun Bin still made her feel this way. She knew she was long over him, but the pain he had caused her, still remained in her heart.

“After that brief conversation, I cried.. and that’s where Joong Ki comes in.” She said. “He called to check on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter