The Right Time

Behind The Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Later that day, Hye Kyo continued to stare at Joong Ki's number on her phone. She was debating as to whether she should send him a text message or call him, to thank him for sending the bouquet of sunflowers at UAA this afternoon. Though Hye Kyo knew that she had to show him how thankful she was for his gesture, she was trying to play "hard to get". The last thing she wanted Joong Ki to know was that she had already fallen for him. 

Suddenly, while Hye Kyo was pondering on what she should do, her phone buzzed to life. She was a bit startled, that she accidentally let it go, but when she finally came to her senses, she bent over to pick up. 

"Song Joong Ki," the caller ID read.

"Ah chincha." Hye Kyo said, as she continued to look at her phone. "Do you really like me that much? Well you're lucky because.. I like you too." She smiled, before finally answering her phone. 

"Yobosaeyo?"

"Yobosaeyo? Hye Kyo sshi?"

Hearing Joong Ki's deep and alluring voice sent chills down Hye Kyo's spine. Ever since they had started working together on Descendants of the Sun, Hye Kyo has secretly swooned over his voice. It was the kind of the voice that was as calm as the ocean, could ease all your anxieties, and make you feel like you're safe and secure. Hye Kyo could listen to him talk all day, and she wouldn't mind. She liked his voice that much.

"Neh, Hye Kyo imnida." She smiled. "How was your Beijing fan meeting? I heard a lot of fans came." 

"It was good." Joong Ki replied. "But what really caught my attention were the Ki♡Kyo banners that the fans raised during the event. It seems like, even in Beijing, I just can't escape your presence." He laughed gently.  Hye Kyo blushed.  "I'm really glad that everything went well." She said. "And.. Joong Ki sshi? Um.. kamsahaeyo.. for the bouquet of sunflowers you sent at the agency this afternoon. They were really beautiful." "And so are you." "Mwo?" "Ah.." Joong Ki cleared his throat. "I mean, you're welcome. I'm glad you liked it." He added.

Joong Ki mentally did a face palm after his Freudian Slip. Though he was trying to be "cool" and avoid bringing up about his romantic feelings early in the conversation, it was quite obvious that his heart and his mouth were betraying him. Now he had to break the ice between him and Hye Kyo.

"Um.. Hye Kyo sshi?" Joong Ki asked, checking if she was still there. Hye Kyo responded with an adorable "Hmmm?", signaling that she hadn't ended the call, much to the relief of the worried man on the other line.

"Um.. would it be alright if I see you tonight?" Joong Ki asked shyly. "I'm leaving for Wuhan in three days, and I just really want to see you. But.. if you're busy, I understand."

"Ani," Hye Kyo responded, blood slowly rushing up her cheeks yet again. "Let's see each other tonight."

"Chincha?" Joong Ki said, trying to hide the excitement in his voice.

"Neh." Hye Kyo smiled. "You should make the most out of this, because I rarely am free these days."

"Well thank you for fitting me into your very tight schedule, Miss Song Hye Kyo. It's an honor." Joong Ki joked. "Don't worry, I'll make sure that we'll have a great time tonight. Just you and me."

Hye Kyo bit her lip in excitement. She has not felt this way in almost five years, and the thrill of being in this situation, made her nervous.. but in a good way. Her last relationship did not end so well, causing her to swear never to fall in love again, but here she was, eating up her words after unexpectedly meeting an amazing man. Hye Kyo secretly hoped that this time, everything would fall right into place. She wasn't getting any younger anyway, and though she didn't want to admit it, she did long for a relationship she could finally call her "best" and her "last".

"Hye Kyo sshi, just wait for my call okay?" Joong Ki said. 

"Yes, I will." Hye Kyo smiled. 

&&&

Hye Kyo made it a point to look her best tonight. Though she had absolutely no idea as to where Joong Ki will be taking her, she wanted to look confident and beautiful. Hye Kyo wore a crisp, white dress shirt that she tucked inside her favorite, denim pants. She debated as to whether a nice pair of flats or sneakers would compliment her look better, but she decided to go with the former anyway. To top it all off, she put a little make up on and tied her long and wavy brown hair into a half ponytail. 

"Ya, Hye Kyo sshi." She uttered, staring at her reflection in the mirror. "Don't mess up tonight, okay?"

As if on cue, the door bell of Hye Kyo's condo unit rang. She took one last look at herself in the mirror, and when she was finally convinced that she was good to go, grabbed her bag and a white cap that could, somewhat, hide her face in public. She had no idea where Joong Ki was taking her after all, so it was better that she came prepared.

As soon as Hye Kyo had opened t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter