nine

i'm in love with a monster

 


"You didn't have to spend $100 on me!" Minhyuk gasped when Moonbin showed him the two $50 tickets he had bought for the school festival as they walked home.
"But I wanted to take you." Moonbin pouted, "It's not that much anyways I can't return them so now you have to go with me."
"I never said I wouldn't go but you didn't have to do that!" Minhyuk exclaimed, "We could have just hung out at the park or something.."
Moonbin pouted again making Minhyuk feel guilty.
"Okay okay I'll stop complaining I'll go with you. When is the festival again?"
"Two weeks." Moonbin said, Minhyuk hummed in response. He still couldn't understand why Moonbin was so kind to him and literally payed a hundred dollars to go to, what Minhyuk thought was, a stupid festival. But it was sweet nonetheless.
"You're really sweet you know.." Minhyuk said, interrupting the silence that fell upon them whilst they walked.
Moonbin grinned to himself at the cuteness called Minhyuk,
"And you're really cute."
"You say that a lot when I'm seriously not!" Minhyuk denied, "You're the cute one anyways."
"Ohh~ Did Park Minhyukkie call me cute?" Moonbin teased while poking Minhyuk's sides.
"No I didn't." Minhyuk flat out denied, crossing his arms and ignoring Moonbin's constant poking.
"Harsh," Moonbin let Minhyuk flick his forehead in annoyance. Which was normal, Minhyuk was annoyed 24/7 and Moonbin knew he meant no hard feelings and that he wasn't annoyed with him but other things.
"Rocky~!" A squeal came out of nowhere and Minhyuk knew it was Myungjun who just so happened to be walking behind them with Jinwoo while they were both panting.
They definitely both ran towards them and the two were so caught up in their little banters that they didn't hear the couple's footsteps.
"Hey Mj." Minhyuk said while giving Myungjun an icy glare, he had no idea what Myungjun was planning and he always had to be careful. Sure they are best friends but Myungjun is super unpredictable and nosy.
If Minhyuk would have a crush on someone, Myungjun would go to great extents to try and get them to like Minhyuk back. It never worked because they all fell for Myungjun instead then had to distance themselves because Jinwoo threatened them behind the oblivious bouncy haired brunette's back. Yeah..
"Are you going to the festival?" Myungjun asked, coming up to Minhyuk and slinging his arm around Minhyuk's neck.
"I guess I am.." The brunette responded, pulling Myungjun's arm off of him.
"And with who?" Myungjun asked, poking more into Minhyuk's business like a best friend should.
Minhyuk glared at his best friend, he knew exactly who he was going with but was trying to embarrass him in front of the vampire.
"With Moonbin." He said through gritted teeth, "I don't think you two have met properly yet."
Minhyuk stopped in his tracks to introduce the two,
"Moonbin this is my idiot best friend Myungjun or Mj." Minhyuk said, watching Moonbin hold his hand out with a boyish smile.
Myungjun could not believe his eyes. Moonbin was a literal angel.
"This is Moonbin, one of my newer friends."
"Nice to meet you.." Myungjun said in a dazed tone.
Moonbin nodded in response, "Nice to meet you as well."
Jinwoo quickly intervened and held his hand out for Moonbin,
"And I'm Myungjun's boyfriend Jinwoo."
Moonbin shook his hand before leaning over and whispering to him lowly,
"Don't worry. I've only got my eyes set on Minhyuk."
Jinwoo raised his eyebrows and nodded, that was confirmation that Moonbin wouldn't try to steal his man.
"Take care of him okay!" Myungjun shouted as he was being dragged away by Jinwoo. Moonbin shouted back an "I always will!" in response making Minhyuk groan and blush.
"Shut up, Bean!"
--
It was the day of the festival. Moonbin waited at the entrance patiently for Minhyuk to arrive with Myungjun, Jinwoo and his Sanha alongside his boyfriend. Minhyuk didn't mention Sanhas' boyfriend's name so this would be the first time Moonbin had met him.
Moonbin was wearing a white t-shirt, ripped black jeans alongside his old varsity water polo jacket he had since he was a freshman at the school.
Yeah, he used to play a sport that would have been uncommon for vampires to play. Though he quit water polo due to getting burnt a few times on hotter days while he was swimming, the team wanted him back due to him being one of the best players but Moonbin, being humble, always refused.
Moonbin perked up once he picked up Minhyuk's scent from a few feet away, he looked up to see Minhyuk with a blue flannel and tight, blue jeans with his brown hair styled messily but cutely. He gave Moonbin a large grin as he approached him.
But Moonbin felt something was off. He saw Myungjun and Jinwoo, also Sanha. But the person next to Sanha looked very familiar to Moonbin.
He scented another vampire. And the person next to Sanha is a vampire. The pretty boy with wavy black hair looked up at Moonbin, noticing the scent coming from the tall boy as well.
'Eunwoo.' Moonbin thought, he had known this boy centuries before. He was Moonbin's first and last love.
Eunwoo recognized Moonbin as well and he froze as still as Moonbin was. They stared at each other for what seemed like forever until Minhyuk interrupted by saying,
"Hey Moonbin!"
Eunwoo quickly averted his eyes from Moonbin and reached out for Sanha's hand, holding it tightly. Sanha noticed this and looked down at his shorter boyfriend,
"Are you okay?" Sanha asked while caressing his boyfriend's hand with his thumb,
"Yeah." Eunwoo answered nonchalantly, his eyes flicked to the color green with noticeable flecks of brown showing.
Sanha knew his boyfriend wasn't okay.
"Let's go buy the tickets." Minhyuk called to the two couples. They agreed and followed Minhyuk and Moonbin towards the ticket booth.
-
Once they entered the booth and ride filled area they were amazed at how the school managed to put everything together.
But Moonbin still felt uncomfortable seeing his ex after centuries. They had obviously a bad breakup if Moonbin was still unbearably upset when he looked at him.
Minhyuk's smile fell when he noticed Moonbin looking down,
"You okay?" Minhyuk tilted his head as he reached down to hold Moonbin's hand, that made the vampire feel a lot better.
He loves Minhyuk now. He doesn't love Eunwoo anymore no matter how much he hurt Moonbin in the past. But Minhyuk didn't know about Eunwoo so as they watched the two couples go off and do their own thing, Minhyuk noticed Eunwoo glancing at Moonbin with the same sad expression Moonbin held.
"Hey what was that about?" Minhyuk asked, elbowing Moonbin's arm. Moonbin looked down at Minhyuk,
"Let's walk around a bit. I need to tell you something."
"Alright." Minhyuk agreed, and they started walking through the music filled and crowded festival then walked towards the school garden that was open for people to view.
There wasn't anyone there though, everyone was enjoying their time at the festival instead and only one person was there to watch the people who went inside incase they messed up the plants or something, but he had headphones over his ears with music blasting through his ears as he played on his phone so Moonbin had nothing to worry about exposing Eunwoo and his secret.
"What did you want to talk about?" Minhyuk asked,
"First of all, you look really cute today as usual." Moonbin said, he laughed when Minhyuk slapped his arm,
"Kiss ." Minhyuk muttered. Moonbin shrugged,
"It's actually really important and I don't know if you know this but your little brother's boyfriend is a vampire."
Minhyuk stopped in his tracks once he heard this. Did he hear him correctly? Vampire? Eunwoo?
"There's no way.." Minhyuk muttered, "How would you know if he was?"
"Scent. I can tell the difference between a vampire and a human and he definitely was not human." Moonbin sighed, Minhyuk knew there was more to this than Eunwoo just being a vampire. He saw the looks they gave each other. They weren't menacing looks nor were they glaring at each other, he saw looks of sadness.
"Is there something more to this than Eunwoo just being a vampire? Like of course him being one makes me fear for my brother's safety but-"
"Eunwoo isn't like that don't worry." Moonbin interrupted abruptly,
"So you know him?"
"Something like that, yeah." Moonbin thought back for a moment, "He was my first love. Centuries ago though."
"Do you mind if I press any further?" Minhyuk asked, he felt a little vein of jealously inside of him but kept it inside. He loved him centuries ago, not two or three years ago, he couldn't still love him now.
"It's okay. Eunwoo and I met in the states in the 1900s. Probably around the 60s or so. I was vacationing with my family in New York, my mother and father. And there I saw him, working at a little corner shop selling assortments of candy for all ages.
I used to use stupid pick up lines on him like how sweet he was and that he was boyfriend material. He fell for my stupid jokes and we dated. He wasn't a vampire though. He was a human.
We went on a bunch of dates together and did all the usual things couples did and eventually we fell in love." Moonbin stopped for a bit, he stared ahead on the hard great pavement, Minhyuk felt bad he couldn't do much of anything to help Moonbin so he just squeezed his hand and the vampire continued, "i didn't go to school, Eunwoo was homeschooled so we were never ridiculed for the fact that we were both guys dating. But it was summertime when my family and I were visiting so teens were always out and couples were doing the same type of things Eunwoo and I were doing.
So of course we got weird looks from people at that time period and sometimes people would talk down on us and it would scare Eunwoo to death, I didn't understand English so when they barked at us I just knew it was something bad about us two being together, only Eunwoo knew what they said and he never wanted to tell me.
Then he found out I was a vampire. He wasn't scared. He was like you, but he didn't pass out. I was a fool enough to bite him like he wanted me too. Then I accidentally turned him into a vampire.
And just our luck that time period was also when humans were getting murdered mercilessly by vampires in the states and there were vampires hunters everywhere then. So my family had to flee out of the country to avoid being killed.
I asked Eunwoo to run away with me, away from vampire hunters and humans who would look down upon us. Mind you our parents didn't know about our relationship whatsoever neither about Eunwoo being turned and my family and I being vampires. So when we came out to them so we could run away all together, they were just like humans.
They didn't accept it. Vampires were old-fashioned, we should've known better not to tell them. Eunwoo's parents were scared out of their wits but accepted their son nonetheless, though they hated me for turning him and called me a monster. And they separated us. We couldn't see each other for the remainder of the few days we had left to flee, we had to break up as well.
I decided for myself to sneak out of the house and to Eunwoo's place. But on the way there I felt someone following me. I ignored it. That's when I realized there was a vampire hunter behind me that was about to stab me with a typical stake but instead it hit another person instead of me." Moonbin started to choke up at this part, Minhyuk quickly took Moonbin to sit down at a nearby bench,
"You don't have to continue.." Minhyuk whispered, wiping away Moonbin's transparent blobs of tears. He shook his head.
"The hunter killed my parents, they followed me to stop me from going after Eunwoo. Next thing I knew I raged at the hunter and killed him, drinking every last drop of blood he had. Then I went to Eunwoo's house to find he was gone. His family already left the country. Eunwoo never bothered to tell me before he left. I was alone.
Seeing him now brought back a lot of pain, especially since his two bite marks I gave him were gone and he had become a full-fledged vampire. But he seems way happier with your brother than me and seeing him happy was all I ever cared about before. He knew I felt betrayal, he knows exactly how I feel right now."
Moonbin finished and his face was now dry, no more tears came. He was done crying.
"I'm sorry.. about your parents." Minhyuk whispered, Moonbin just smiled,
"It's a hard topic for me since I was being selfish the day they died but as I said, it was centuries ago. It's been hard for me to love ever since Eunwoo. I couldn't trust anyone. Though I couldn't hate humans. I couldn't love them either. Because he was one of them, he saw his parents slowly dying while he didn't age because of me.
I was afraid of falling for a human again."
The last sentence hit Minhyuk pretty badly, he was already into Moonbin and knowing Moonbin couldn't love humans because of his past gave him a zero percent chance of ever being with him.
Minhyuk would still be there for him.
"There's a big chance your brother probably already knows. I know Eunwoo, he'd tell someone he truly loves anything."
The human felt bad for Moonbin in so many ways. He even felt a little guilty from being jealous of Eunwoo and Moonbin's past relationship. Moonbin went through a lot and Minhyuk was determined to fix his broken heart.
Minhyuk didn't know he already fixed it ever since Moonbin laid eyes on him.
"Let's go have some fun yeah?" Minhyuk said with a small smile, "Don't mope around Bean."
Moonbin returned the smile and they walked out of the garden quietly, the kid guarding the garden was fast asleep with his music still blasting in his headphones.

--
i hope u guys r happy w this chap ah i hope u guys like this chapter agajn sorry for slow updates :( but moonbins past is kinda revealed also plottwist with eunwoo being a vampire huehue ++ idk if im thinking to write a side story for sanwoo ++ are any of u guys planning to go to b.a.p's world tour ans go to their concert in LA??? or any of their concerts in the U.S because im going and i cant waiiiit