eight

i'm in love with a monster

 


"Wake up!" Minhyuk felt Sanha's weight jump on top of his sleeping body and let out an "oof!"
"Sanha what the ?" Minhyuk whined when Sanha pulled off his sheets,
"It's Monday! Don't wanna be late to see your boyfriend."
"He is NOT my boyfriend, Sanha! How many times do I have to tell you-"
Sanha placed a finger to Minhyuk's lips,
"You guys are sooo obvious. Now hurry up!"
Sanha skipped out of the room and Minhyuk sighed loudly,
"What a weird kid."
Minhyuk stood up and walked to his closet to pull out his untouched school uniform, he's washed it the day when break started but then ignored it for the remainder.
"Minhyuk!" Sanha called from downstairs as Minhyuk was in the middle of brushing his teeth,
"I'm almost done, shut up!" Minhyuk called back but another familiar voice called,
"Well MJ is here and he's impatient!" It was no one other than Myungjun himself.
Minhyuk quickly finished brushing his teeth and fixing his hair, grabbed his satchel and ran downstairs.
"There you are!" Myungjun huffed and pulled on Minhyuk's ear,
"Ow ow ow! Mj what the ?" Minhyuk tried to pull away from Myungjun but he kept a tight grip as he pulled him to his car, Sanha had long gone with his boyfriend to school,
"Listen here, Rocky." Myungjun said, looking at him from the driver's seat, "Now that Moonbin is here for you I want you to let him know that if he doesn't protect you from those s and not ignore you, or else I'll fight him, understand?"
Minhyuk rubbed his ear, he nodded. In reality he wouldn't tell Moonbin what Myungjun said because he knows Moonbin would do it anyways without Myungjun or anyone telling him.
"So.." Myungjun said as he stopped at a red light and Minhyuk stared ahead at the groggy morning sky, "From what I've heard you kissed him?"
Minhyuk blushed and furiously shook his head,
"No! Wait did Sanha tell you?"
"Yup." Myungjun gave Minhyuk a cheeky grin as he continued driving.
"It was just a kiss on the cheek, nothing else." Minhyuk grumbled when they had pulled up at school.
They got out of the car once Myungjun parked in the lot and walked towards the crowded school. Minhyuk was surprised to see Moonbin in the front sitting on a bench, waiting for someone as girls were trying to talk to him but he kindly brushed them off.
Myungjun smirked down at the oblivious Minhyuk and nudged him,
"Go talk to him." He nodded his head towards Moonbin.
"I don't know.." Minhyuk said, rubbing his arm, "It looks like he's waiting for someone and I don't wanna bother him.."
Myungjun gave him an 'Are you serious' look,
"What?" Minhyuk asked once he noticed his facial expression.
"He's obviously waiting for you, ! Now go!" Myungjun started pushing Minhyuk towards Moonbin. The brunette looked up at Minhyuk with his coffee eyes swirling into golden eyes once he looked at the other boy and smiled warmly as Myungjun watched, holding back his squeals.
"Minhyuk." Moonbin stood up, Minhyuk stepped back a little, blushing because of how close he got.
"I've been waiting for you. Have you eaten? Are you well? Do you want to buy breakfast nearby there's 30 minutes left until second period starts." Moonbin sounded so sincere Minhyuk wanted to cry, no one had cared this much for his well being besides his mother.
"Slow down, yeah?" Minhyuk laughed, "I'm fine but I haven't eaten. Sanha made me wake up early and go to school early with Myungjun."
"Then let's go-"
"Wait no! You don't have to do that," Minhyuk said before Moonbin could drag him to a nearby convenience store.
"But I want to." Moonbin pouted and tilted his head to try and get Minhyuk to give in.
"Moonbin-"
"Moonbinnie?" A girl into their conversation and Moonbin looked down at the girl. Minhyuk did as well but recognized her as one of the popular senior girls at his school named Yoonbi.
Minhyuk was so caught up in talking with his friend that he forgot that Moonbin had a reputation in this school and Minhyuk was a nobody and that people were looking at them both interacting and whispering.
Myungjun noticed this too and came up to Minhyuk and put a hand on his shoulder, he whispered,
"Let's go."
Minhyuk looked up at Moonbin and noticed his eyes turned coal black, Minhyuk has seen that Moonbin's eyes change color depending on his mood. He hasn't seen this color before.
Yoonbi looked up and down Minhyuk with a look of disgust and turned to Moonbin to try and chat with him and asked why he was interacting with someone like Minhyuk.
Minhyuk turned away and started to walk away with Myungjun until he felt a grip on his wrist,
"Wait, Minhyuk!" Moonbin said, completely ignoring a shocked Yoonbi and frowning down at the brunette, "Let me buy you breakfast alright? I worry for you sometimes."
Minhyuk felt his heart race as he and Moonbin walked away, Myungjun stayed behind and gave him a thumbs up then shot a dirty look at Yoonbi, who stared at the two with the same shock.
-
"Hey I've noticed something." Minhyuk mumbled after biting into his Nutella crepe messily, making Moonbin sigh and wipe his face like a child. Minhyuk almost sputtered.
"Hm?" Moonbin asked, putting down the napkin on the table.
"Your eyes change color a lot." Minhyuk said, pointing to Moonbin's currently hazel colored eyes.
"Oh yeah," Moonbin said nonchalantly, "One of the things about being a vampire. Our moods our so obvious because of our eye colors."
"I can see that. I've only made a few guesses on what some of the ones I've seen are. Reddish brown hazel is your natural eye color I suppose?" Minhyuk asked, taking another bite of his crepe.
"Neutral yes." Moonbin answered.
"Gold is when you're happy?"
The vampire nodded.
"Black is when you're annoyed. The first time I saw that color was back there with Yoonbi."
"She was annoying and kept saying things about you," Moonbin started to look upset at this point, his eyes turning a deep greenish-brown hazel.
"The green and brown combination is when you're upset." Minhyuk observed, "I've seen your eyes a sparkly brown sometimes when you're happy around me instead of just gold, why is that?"
Moonbin froze at this question and brushed it off cooly,
"I can't really tell when my eyes change color so I'm not sure about that one."
Moonbin knew well why his eyes sparkled around the younger boy, it was a sign of fondness and love. When he was younger his mother had that same sparkle every time she looked at Moonbin and his father, except for Moonbin it was violet and not brown.
'Sparkly' Brown was for intimacy and for the vampire's partner, violet was for family or friendship love.
"And I'm guessing when you're mad your eyes turn.." Minhyuk pretended to think hard and rub his temples, "Some shade of red?"
"Wow how did you guess!" Moonbin said, playing along. It was obvious, red was always the color for anger but also for passion and lust.
"Regret is a darker shade than my neutral eye color. Sadness is a lighter shade."
"It's so interesting.. And very mesmerizing to see your eye color change." Minhyuk stared at Moonbin with curiosity, "You look good in all of them by the way." He accidentally let that slip out and bit down on his lip when he realized.
"Ignore what I said, let's go before we're late. Thank you for paying for my breakfast." Minhyuk muttered, standing up with the chair screeching backwards.
Moonbin liked it when Minhyuk became nervous around him. He found it adorable. Well he found everything he did adorable anyways.
Moonbin watched a quiet Minhyuk as they walked back to the school, he held a small smile on his face with his hands stuffed in his front pockets. Moonbin pulled his hands out of his pockets and looked ahead towards the cemented sidewalk, his eyes admiring the greens of the trees in front of him as his hand found his way towards Minhyuk's own.
Minhyuk felt like he was going to faint from how sweet Moonbin was towards him. He would have caused a cavity in Minhyuk's tooth if he kept continuing to be so kind and sweet.
They both parted ways once they pulled hands away immediately once they arrived at school and waved goodbye to each other. They promised to text each other throughout the day.
--
It was fourth period. Minhyuk had algebra 2, he hated this class as well because he was close to failing at this point and he gets so stressed over that one class. But it's okay because no one in that class picked at him or even bothered to talk to him except maybe Jinwoo but it's usually to ask if Minhyuk needed help on something.
He was halfway through working on a problem on his homework until two members of the student council came into the room and asked his teacher if they could make an announcement.
"Good morning peers!" One of the girls piped up with a high-pitched voice, her name was Ren. Everyone stood quiet and just stared at the bleached haired girl. Ren looked around to see if anyone would answer her back but continued,
"Anyway.. Student council is announcing that there will be an upcoming Back To School festival in a few weeks!"
A few unexcited "yay"s rang throughout the silent room and Minhyuk almost cringed. Another year of festivals equals another year of him not going because he had no one to go with. His friends always had dates so he stayed at home reading manga.
He zoned out once they started talking about the details and the ticket prices and when and where they sell, so he continued his homework. He just had no idea that Moonbin had immediately blasted towards the table sitting in the courtyard that sold the tickets during lunch and bought two for himself and Minhyuk. He would just tell him later though. So instead he texted him to come and sit with him to eat lunch and act as if he wasn't going to ask him out on a sort-of-date.
-
UGH i actually have no excuse its just ive been ignoring this and i feel bad and esp since i have all the chapters planned tooo,, but someone commented so i felt inspired even if i have finals to study for!! anywyays a lot of inspiration i get for writing these chapters r probably from a lot of joji's music haa like besidju.