five

i'm in love with a monster
 "This is kind of awkward," Minhyuk spoke up as he took a sip of his frappé, his boring brown eyes avoiding Moonbin's sparkly hazel ones. 
 Moonbin rested his face on his hand whilst he admired Minhyuk in amusement, as a vampire he could easily tell how others felt because of their eyes and movements.
 Gazing into Minhyuk's eyes he could tell that the boy felt nervous and-
 "Why don't we go do something? Together- I mean, not as in together together but like--" Minhyuk rambled on stuttering and Moonbin just laughed,
 "Yeah I know what you mean, let's go to the arcade, huh?" 
 Minhyuk just nodded before following the taller boy to throw away their trash and head towards the arcade.
 
 --
 
 Once they arrived, Minhyuk was far too familiar with this arcade. It was his actual domain. He was well known for being the top player in most of the games especially the shooting ones.
 Moonbin just so happened to drag him to a zombie shooting one. Minhyuk albeit was scared less and didn't know how to react when Moonbin came up behind him and placed his chin on his shoulder,
 "Have you played this before?" 
 Minhyuk wouldn't dare breathe and slowly said,
 "No." 
 Wow that was the lamest excuse he could have done to get closer to Moonbin. His eyes lit up,
 "Do you need help?" 
 Minhyuk nodded as Moonbin placed his hands over Minhyuk's own and grabbed the gun. Once the game started Minhyuk shot perfectly into the zombie's head as Moonbin "guided" him.
 Moonbin's eyes widened,
 "That's so cool! Not even I can do that.." 
 "Haha.. you think..? This is really my first time." He was good at lying because his scores were all on the top 10 leaderboard and he was unbeatable in these types of games even Myungjun, who tries to compete with him, thinks so.
 Moonbin pulled away and went to his respective area,
 "Let's see who shoots more zombies then!"
 Minhyuk nodded, restarting the game. 
 Soon after he pretended to at this game just to make Moonbin feel a little better and maybe help him again.
 "Rocky?" A male's voice called out to him and oh no, it was his nickname here as well and he was known as the top dog here, so he was bound to get noticed at some point.
 "Is this really the Rocky?" The boy he recognized as one of his little fanboys that crowd around him when he beats the out of everyone in arcade games, "Why are you losing to this pretty boy?"
 "Who me?" Moonbin asked, looking at the boy beside Minhyuk.
 Minhyuk's voice wavered as spoke,
 "W-What are you talking about, this is my first time playing this.."
 The boy raised an eyebrow before smirking crudely, 
 "Oh, I see. Is this guy your boyfriend?"
 Minhyuk blushed furiously before shaking his head "no",
 "No! We're just friends and he's just teaching me how to play!"
 "But you've been here countless times, Rocky, and you always play with Myungjun here then you beat him without effort." The fanboy countered with the same stupid smirk on his face. He caught Minhyuk red-handed.
 Moonbin looked at Minhyuk with hurt, 
 "Is that true? Did you really lie to me..?"
 Minhyuk sighed and looked at Moonbin with guilt, "Yeah because.. I was afraid you'd find it lame that I spend most of my time here.." 
 Moonbin's hurt look was quickly replaced with happiness,
 "Lame? I think you're pretty cool. Especially with that headshot that I could never do!" 
 Minhyuk grinned, "You really think so?"
 The brunette nodded and the boys around the two snickered but they ignored them and continued playing with Minhyuk, of course, beating the miserable vampire. 
 "That was fun!" Moonbin laughed with an arm wrapped around Minhyuk's shoulder, the younger didn't mind or freak out about it surprisingly as they walked out of the mall. 
 Minhyuk felt a familiar buzz in his pocket and took it out to see Myungjun was calling him. Minhyuk glared at his phone and ended the call.
 "Hey Minhyuk..?" Moonbin asked, looking down at the shorter behind the sunglasses he put on because the sun was out. Minhyuk felt bad for the vampire because he could be burning in that large hoodie. 
 "Hm?" Minhyuk asked, Moonbin fidgeted quietly before choosing his words carefully, he stopped in his tracks on the sidewalk,
 "You're really fun to hang around.. And not boring like a lot of things here. I've been more outgoing because of you and I just want to thank you." Moonbin quietly explained, looking down at Minhyuk seriously.
 Minhyuk stared at the male's glimmering hazel eyes that showed through the sunglasses, he smiled warmly and quickly hugged Moonbin then pulled away with a blush,
 "No problem.. Bean."
 Moonbin laughed, his infectious laugh that Minhyuk would probably never get tired of. 
 "That's such a stupid nickname."
 Moonbin shook his head, "But.. I'll think of it as a special nickname because you gave it to me."
 Minhyuk just snorted, pushing him a little, "Okay loser.. But honestly, this goes the same for me, because of you, you got me out of my lazy shell more than Myungjun's dumb ever did."
 "I'm glad," Moonbin grinned, "Can I hold your hand?"
 Minhyuk looked at Moonbin but didn't say anything, he just obliged because why would he pass up a rejection from this cute boy. 
 "Your hand feels nice."
'Straight up as usual Moonbin,' Minhyuk thought with a small chuckle.
 "Thanks yours feels cold and dead."
 Moonbin pouted as they walked towards nowhere in particular, another buzz emitted from Minhyuk's phone and he took it out with one hand and blushed, noticing it was Mystic Messenger, an otome game filled with anime boys text messaging him every hour. 
 "What's that?" Moonbin asked, peeking over at his phone. Embarrassed, Minhyuk quickly put his phone back in his pocket,
 "Nothing just Myungjun," he lied. 
 Moonbin shrugged and held his hand tighter until Minhyuk suggested,
 "Hey do you uh.. Want to come over to my house on Friday to watch a movie, if you aren't busy. My mother will be out and my brother's gonna be with his boyfriend.."
 "Is that a date?" Moonbin asked with a teasing grin and Minhyuk glared at him,
 "As if~"
 "I'll go. Spring break is almost over and I have nothing to do so, yeah. Let's walk you home though." Moonbin said while he swung back and forth their hands, Minhyuk giggled lightly, resting his head on the tall boy's shoulder.
 If anyone else saw the idiot pair, they'd think they were dating telling by how they gaze at each other when either isn't looking, how close they were. 
 But in reality they were both just friends who sort of had a crush on each other but too afraid to say so.
 
--
 
 ShoOK sorry for the long wait, again writers block is great and im still planning out most of the chapters (●°u°●)​ 」 ookay anyways stan bap and monsta x girLIES also hope you all had a good day :D