twelve (double update)

i'm in love with a monster

 double update 12 + 13

 

  Lately Moonbin has been acting weird around Minhyuk and everyone else since they started dating. Minhyuk asked if the relationship made him uncomfortable or if it was something he’s done but Moonbin reassured him that wasn’t the case and not to worry about it.

  He’s been distancing himself a lot though, it made Minhyuk upset but not as much as Myungjun when he told him. 

 “I’ll beat him up.” Myungjun growled standing up from the chair he was sitting in, the leg of the chair making a screeching noise making everyone in their history class’ chatter quiet down and turn their heads towards the fluffy haired boy, “What?” Myungjun barked and everyone quickly turned away to go back to talking amongst themselves. 

 “Don’t Mj. Maybe he has a good reason.” Minhyuk sighed sadly, his face in his hands. Myungjun hated seeing his friend so upset, he was going to get to the bottom of this. One way or another.

  “What the- Mj!?” Moonbin gasped when he was pushed against the lockers by a shorter boy with a glare in his eyes,

 “Yeah it’s me don’t cream your pants.” 

 “What-“

 “Spill it now. Why are you avoiding Minhyuk?” When Myungjun wasn’t using Minhyuk’s usual pet names it meant business. Even Moonbin can see that.

 “I-It’s complicated.. I’m not doing it on purpose I just..”

 “You just what? It’ll look like a whole accident once I-“

  “Heyyyy you two..” The voice of Sanha cut the harsh atmosphere, the freshman came running towards them with an obvious forced smile. He grabbed Myungjun by the shoulders and pulled him off of the senior, “What’s going on?”

 “This -“

 “No need to curse at me-“

 “This  has been ignoring Minhyuk ever since they started going out and he won’t explain why.” Myungjun explained with the same acidity in his voice as he spoke to Moonbin when he confronted him.

 Sanha looked at Moonbin unsurely, as if he was asking him something with his eyes. Moonbin nodded, perfectly understanding what Sanha meant through his eyes. Of course Sanha knew why, he had his own vampire boyfriend.

 “Myungjun let the couple sort it out themselves alright.. They’ll be okay I’m sure of it.” The brunette spoke calmly, gripping the older’s shoulders and turning them so they started walking away from Moonbin who was blushing and rubbing his arm. 

 “But- But!” Myungjun kept looking back at Moonbin as he was dragged away from Sanha who kept patting his shoulder. 

  “You should stop eating so much ice cream bro it’s bad for your health,” Sanha commented as he pulled away Minhyuk’s spoon from his hand, he glared up at Sanha from under the blanket wrapped around his whole body except for his head. 

 “I was just eating my vanilla ice cream, rewatching Stranger Things for the 4th time by myself in the dark and now I’m rudely interrupted by a no fun zone brat.”

 “Okay wow rude.” Sanha rolled his eyes and handed Minhyuk back his spoon, he sat next to his brother and paused the netflix show making the other whine and cover his whole face now with the blanket.

 “Hey don’t be like that.. Listen, I heard Moonbin’s been ignoring you lately?” Sanha nudged the blob next to him. He grunted.

 “I know why but you have to come out of there if you want to hear it.” 

 Minhyuk peeked from under the blanket and took it off of him, just wrapping it around his body with his hair messed up, “Eunwoo did the same thing to me a few months into dating. It isn’t a bad thing.. It means they believe they have a deeper connection with you and they want to seal their love with you by drinking your blood. Plus it turns them into full fledged vampires.

 Like no burning in the sun and all that jazz but, It’s basically like marking like werewolves or whatever and it just warns other vampires that you’re already owned I guess? By scent so they don’t attack you. Moonbin’s avoiding you because he doesn’t want to freak you out with all this and it’s too soon to say ‘I love you’ to each other so you already know he does-“

 “Are you saying he wants to ing mate with me and imprint on me!?” Minhyuk screeched, “I’m sixteen! Sixteen! I’m not ready for that commitment, hell I don’t even know if I’m in love with the guy!” 

 Sanha stared at Minhyuk with a half smile,

 “Minhyuk it really gives them no self control they would lash out if they were around you.” Minhyuk looked at his younger brother dead in the eye and gasped,

 “You..”

 Sanha’s eyes widened and he sputtered with a harsh blush,

 “No no no no! We didn’t mate jesus christ Minhyuk! I just let him drink my blood so he didn’t have to suffer around me b-but we do have to do it to completely seal the mating.. Which won’t be until I’m way older and we agreed on that. So you have a choice,dude, you don’t have to get “mated” with Moonbin yet, but you do have a choice to let him drink your blood now or later, you have to discuss it with him.”

 “Did Moonbin and Eunwoo ever..?” 

Sanha shook his head,

 “They tried, they found the day before they came out to Eunwoo’s parents they weren’t compatible yet tried to be together anyways to try and you know the rest.. That’s why Eunwoo is a vampire. Well, now he’s a full fledged one only because I let him drink my blood..”

 Minhyuk took another scoop of ice cream out from the tub and sighed, he doesn’t know what love feels like or how these “deep connections” things feel either. He’s just trying to get through life and all of a sudden some hot vampire falls in love with him. 

 Oh boo hoo every girl would want this but Minhyuk? This kid has a body pillow of an anime girl and plays dating sims on his phone. He spends real money on this stuff.

 “So Moonbin’s not a full..”

  “He is it’s just.. He’s very limited as one.. Please talk to him, or else it’ll get worse.” Was the last thing Sanha said before going back up to his room. 

 Minhyuk looked at his phone laying across the table and reached for it. He opened his and Moonbin’s messages and took a deep breath. He texted Moonbin,

Meet me in 20 minutes at the Mcdonald’s in the usual mall. I need to talk to you.

 

 

 “You needed to talk to me..?” Moonbin asked as he fidgeted in his seat, they were sitting in the same Mcdonald’s where Myungjun forced Minhyuk to have a “friendly” date with Moonbin. It brought back some sweet memories but now was not the time.

 “I know why you’re avoiding me Moonbin.” The vampire visibly swallowed as Minhyuk continued, “And we need to make a plan because I’m really unsure about this..”

 “Are you unsure about your feelings for me?” Moonbin whispered, he was looking at his hands and his eyes wavered into a blue tint. 

 Minhyuk quickly denied it and grabbed Moonbin’s hands,

 “No.. No of course not. I really like you, Bean.. But I need more time to know what love is and what it feels like. I’m not ready for that yet. Sanha’s weird for doing it and he’s like 15 but I want to do this when it’s like two years into the relationship.. I don’t want to rush things. I’m still an awkward teenager who still reads manga and watches anime and needs to focus on getting into a good college.” Minhyuk chuckled, “So can you control yourself and please, wait for me?”

 An obvious wave of relief washed over Moonbin’s features, he tightened his grip on Minhyuk’s own, his lips curled into a shy smile. It wasn’t even bad Moonbin already loved Minhyuk, Minhyuk felt a rush of happiness that it was him Moonbin loved. No one else.

 “I’ll wait for you, Minhyuk. No matter what I’ll love you even if it takes ten.. or twenty years to get you to fall in love with me. I will love you no matter what.” 

 

 

 i m soo sorry im super slow with updates but!! thank you for 300 subs 4.7k views!!:) this was long bc i havent updated in forever,, im not giving up on this fic tho moonrock needs love!! i decided to update bc i saw i havent updated since august and i got comments that encouraged me so!! i wrote a whole bunch of new chapters ready i just need encouraging ouragint comments to help my lazy post them! :D