Chapter 8

She's My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sandie lazily tapped the heel of Darie’s shoes on the ground as she sat on the wall seating near the school’s main door entrance, whistling a soundless tune. She had gotten up especially early today shocking her mom at breakfast and she just told her she had some project that she needs to work on. She had met HyunA and Minzy at school, the two looking a little bit worried to get caught in which Sandie assured them that they won’t and if they will, she will take all the blame. That didn’t wipe the look on their faces though but they did what Sandie had told them anyway.

 

First, they went to the bathroom to mix the chemicals for her brilliant plan. If there’s one thing she paid attention to in Chemistry, it was how to produce a chemical weapon to use against her enemies. She tried it once with GD when they were in sophomore year and that fool retaliated by blowing up her locker. That was messy and their fathers had to step in. She could still remember the earful she got from her dad and that two months of being grounded. The first time that her dad actually prohibit her from going out with very tight security around the house that she cannot slip through. She had left that idea alone after that. Surprisingly, GD left it alone too. His dad probably grounded him for life as well. But what’s more shocking is for her to know that GD actually paid attention to chemistry as well.  

 

She laid out all the chemicals that is needed to produce a slimy substance. It was the easiest one she can manage in a very short notice and the quickest to produce. Even with the worried look on their faces, HyunA and Minyz were giggling as she was mixing the borax in one bowl and taking out a bottle of food coloring that looks as green as a one’s sick phlegm.

 

Both Hyuna and Minzy uttered their disgust after it was done and Sandie snickered already imagining how Jessica would react once she finds it in her locker. The slimy, disgusting-looking green thing all over  her books and notebooks.

 

She smirked when she saw Jessica got out of a shiny convertible after parking it on a space that had a sign of No Parking. Then taking out her pink bag from the back seat, she started to walk towards the entrance flipping her hair and putting on her sunglasses.

 

The smirk intensified when Jessica got closer. Well, all is fair in battles of iness. And Sandie is very vindictive. Jessica flipped her sunglasses over her head when she saw her and thought Sandie was waiting for her.

 

Jessica snorted. “What? So early in the morning and you’re ready to kiss my ?”

 

Sandie stood up with a big wide grin. “Not really. I just want to see what you look like before classes starts.” Then she stepped closer to Jessica. “You also might want to clean your locker by the end of the day.” Then she gave her a big smile before turning around then stopped short. “Oh!” Sandie said turning to Jessica again with a concerned expression. “You might not want to go to the bathroom on the east wing. See you in class.” Then she proceeded to walk towards the entrance. “Or not.” She snickered rolling her tongue inside her cheek.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I really don’t want to go to school today. Darie sighed as she trekked the grassy lawn of YG High to go to the main door entrance where a lot of students are already streaming in. But staying at home is giving her anxiety attacks. Sandie’s silence is killing her. Have she found out what happened? Did she heard that Sandie Park capitulated to GD Kwon? And if she did, why is she keeping silent? What kind of payback is she cooking up this time? Darie doesn’t want to imagine what that is and it is driving her crazy.

 

She was looking down on the ground kicking imagined pebbles when she saw a pair of shiny leather shoes blocking her way. She lifted her head to look up and immdiately scowled. Smirking as he looked down on her, GD crossed his arms over his chest as the rest of his stupid friends stood behind him.

 

“Not a good morning?” He asked.

 

“Obviously,” Darie said pointedly then she glanced at the guys behind him. There were about 5 of them with identical smirks on their faces and one of them was holding a wad of papers. She returned her look at GD. “What do you want?”

 

GD waved a hand and the guy with the wad of papers came forward and dumped it on Darie’s arms suprising her as she reflexively lifted her hands to receive them.

 

“Wh….” She looked at GD with furrowed brows. “What’s this?”

 

“Our homeworks,”GD said. “I need that after second period.” He started to walk away. “And I want an A for all of us.” He snickered as he turned to walk towards the school followed by his friends that were chortling.

 

She wanted to yell back at him. Sandie couldn’t even get a B on any homeworks, how do you expect her to do an A for you!! Aargh! She feels really pissed. Of course GD would take advantage of the smart twin. Her hands curled on the papers feeling like her head is going to explode. From this GD guy to her twin who is probably planning something devious and volcanic to get her back for this.

 

She might probably go bald with all the stress in less than a month.

 

“Hey.” Dari looked up to find CL walking towards her with her hands in the pockets of her ripped, baggy jeans. “What’d he want?” She nodded to the back of the cause of her distress.

 

“He wants me to do his homework,” Darie said with a big scowl. “And all of his gang friends.” She opened her bag and just dumped them inside it. Who cares if it gets crumpled?

 

CL snorted as they walked towards the entrance. “So it’s true? You’re now GD’s follower? Did you really  carry GD’s books to his car? Seriously?”

 

Darie gritted her teeth but she didn’t answer.

 

“Is there a plan that we need to know?” CL asked. “I mean, you hated him so much and then… bam! You kissed him and gave him the rights to order you around. And you’re actually doing it. I mean, homework? Why would he ask you to do that? You can barely pass.” She let out a laugh and it took a second before Darie understood what CL said. Sandie barely pass her subjects. Sandie. Her eyes narrowed a little. Of course. Think like Sandie, act like Sandie.

 

She gave CL a smile. “I don’t have a plan… yet.  But I guess I’ll try to get him to pass, at least.”

 

CL’s forehead creased at what she said and Darie just smiled at her. For the results of what she’s going to do, then she’ll think about it later.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sandie was leaning on the pristine wall near the girls’ bathroom studying her nails as she waited for the queue. She had gone directly to this place once she stepped inside the school, taking out the Under Renovation sign that she borrowed from the school maintenance closet and hoped the bell would ring after the music of her success played through her ears.

 

“Bathroom’s under renovation.” She smiled at a student who was walking directly to the bathroom. She jabbed a finger on the yellow sign she put in front of the door. The student, who Sandie thinks is a freshman, just nodded but confusuon lit up on her face as she probably wondered why the school vice president is guarding the bathroom.

 

She kept on smiling looking anticipatingly at the edge of the wall far across from her. Minzy and HyunA are probably in their classroom now, like what she told them to be.

 

“AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!” A scream permeated the place surprising the students who stopped whatever they were doing and their eyes staryed to where it came from.

 

Ah. There it is. The wonderful sound that is absolute music to her ears. She nonchalanty took the Under Renovation sign in front of the bathroom door and walked a little bit father away, leaning the sign over to the wall as she watched eagerly. Jessica came running from the edge of the wall she was looking at earlier. Her hands, her skirt, and her shoes are covered in gooey green slime and her shoes is already making squeaky sounds. Jessica looked like she was ready to vomit as she held her hand out away from her as if it hasn’t gone to her yet and kept on uttering her disgust. “Eww ewww ewwww!!!!”

 

Sandie was brilliant in her mixture. The best she had so far. She tried not to snigger as she watched Jessica half ran directly to the bathroom she was standing at earlier and when she opened the door, a small bucket of what she found in her locker fell down on her completely soaking her in sticky green substance. Jessica froze for asecond, probably shocked and unable to comprehend what is happening at the moment.

 

And then she shrieked even loudly this time, practically shaking SM High. That’s when Sandie burst out laughing, smothering the sound with her hand as she turned away holding her stomach with her other hand in a fit of laughing hysteria. She was shaking as she walked away from the crime scene while knowing she should be less than obvious but she just can’t stop as it was really too funny. She was so out of it that she bumped into someone after a couple of steps and her laughter faded when she found out who she bumped into.

 

Donghae Lee was standing directly in front of her with his brows furrowed and he glanced up from where Jessica is now, wailing loudly, sorrounded by her friends, then back at her again.

 

Sandie cleared and straightened up. “A great morning, isn’t it?” She gave him a wide, bright smile.

 

He just gave her a hard stare before stepping past her. Sandie turned her head to watch and rolled her tongue inside her cheek while narrowing her eyes, humor already leaving her as Donghae went to the crying Jessica, the girls around her parting immediately for Donghae as he spread his school coat to wrap around Jessica’s slimy shoulders,

 

What do you know? This Donghae guy is smart and a gentleman.

 

She hates him!

 

Why would he go to Jessica? He’s completely ruining an otherwise absolute victory for her. She was scowling as she watched Donghae tell Jessica something while he had his hand around her shoulders and Jessica, with her gooey face, held onto Donghae as if the slime is gonna kill her. What a….

 

Donghae steered her inside the bathroom, probably to try to wash it off her, while Jessica’s girlfriends all blocked the bathroom as if Donghae and Jessica is gonna do something that is not permitted for the public to see.

 

Damn Donghae and his stupid manners. He’s as irritating as Darie!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Darie tapped her pen on the book she laid out in front of her as she listened to the teacher explain about the human body with several slides on the projector. She had always been interested in Science but they have already discussed this in Freshman and Sophomore Year and she was getting a little bored.

 

Plus, she still can’t get over the feeling that Sandie is doing something in SM High that she had stayed silent this morning. Too silent. And it’s making her completely restless.

 

“Can you tell me what a neuron is?” The teacher asked after a moment which was met with no response as the students are all busy chatting with each other to even pay any attention to him. “Anyone?” The teacher asked in resignation as if he knows no one is actually listening to him. “I have just explained it.”

 

Darie looked around the room with her brows creased. These students can’t even give the slightest respect to the teacher that is making an effort to teach them? Even Sandie’s friends are busy with their phones and GD with his two lackeys are talking. She looked back at the teacher and bit her lip before she answered, “Neurons is also called nerve cells and are specialized to carry information through electrochemical process.”  (--authors note: Thank you Google--)

 

The teacher smiled, his eyes turning to who answered his question only to have it widen in shock when he found out who it was. His mouth fell open and the whole class suddenly fell silent. GD smirked.

 

But Darie was on a roll. “The signals between neurons happen via synapses and they are the core components  of the brain and spinal cord of the central nervous system, and of the ganglia of the peripheral nervous system.” (--credit to Google ;)--)

 

Darie could literally hear a pin drop somewhere by the silence that her little answer had brought on through the class. The teacher is gawking at her and all the students are unable to keep the shock on their faces. Darie fought the urge to roll her eyes at the exaggerated reaction of the people in this classroom. Did Sandie never answer a question from a teacher before?

 

She tapped the book that is in front of her even if it was just a random page. “It’s in the book,” she told the teacher with a wry expression.

 

“Oh… right,” the teacher said getting over whatever shock he had been under as he smiled at the class. “Very good, Sandie. Very good in reading.” He clapped his hands as if her reading from a book requires  tremendous talent.

 

Darie just raised her brows as she sighed and returned her gaze down on the book that had a picture of a walrus on the page. Okay no more answering the questions from now on. She just decided to look at the pile of papers GD had given her this morning. She opened her bag and took it out, placing it on her table. She was about to look at the first paper when her eyes caught sight of GD smirking at her. She gave him a scowl before making a point of ignoring him. He wants Sandie to do his homework?

 

Alright.

 

She dropped the papers in front of his desk when the bell rang signalling the end of Science Class. The students all went out of the room but GD stay seated in his seat talking to his two friends. He lazily looked up when she dropped the papers on his desk.

 

“Done,” Darie said.

 

“You’re fast,” GD commented. His two friends looked a little dubious though.

 

“I’m efficient that way,” Darie said sarcastically. She adjusted the strap of her bag, the one that she found buried in Sandie’s closet that morning. “After all, I’m Sandie Park.” She flipped her hair over her shoulder before she swished out of the room followed by a muffled looking CL who was scratching her head.

 

GD looked at the papers Darie had dropped and picked one up. Every questions had its answers and he smirked at Daesung and Taeyang. “We’re good on our Communication classes. I’m guessing we’re gonna get an A. For the first time in our damn high school life.” He could imagine his father is gonna faint once their teacher reported it. Their Communication Teacher is the wife of Tablo, one of the leaders in the Society and one that loves her profession.

 

“Are you sure?” Daesung asked as he took one and looked at it. “Sandie’s about as smart as you are.”

 

Taeyang snorted first before he gave into laughter . GD didn’t take offense and just shrugged as he stood up. “That’s my power. I can make even the dumbest student to study for me.” He chuckled before he took the papers with him to leave the room for their Communication classes, the two following behind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She got called to the principal’s office.

 

Sandie sat primly in her seat in front of the principal’s desk with Jessica seating across from her looking like she was run over by Slimer in ghostbusters. Her hair had a lot of green goo and was sticking out, her mascara had ran over her eyes, her dress which was white earlier had patches of green on it and Sandie would have to congratulate herself because the slime had stuck to her fingers and nails like glue.

 

She had paid attention to chemistry well. She knew it would take days for it to be completely removed unless Jessica would use toothpaste or baby oil on it.

 

Jessica was practically shooting her dead with her eyes and Sandie sat there looking like she was accused wrongly. She adjusted the reading glasses she’s wearing, one she found in Darie’s bag, and adopted a doleful expression.

 

The principal sat formidably in her seat clasping her hands thoughtfully on the table with her circular wire-rimmed glasses and a tight ponytail that made her look very stern and strict. Her name plate states Principal Kim Mi Kyung.

 

“She did it!” Jesica said scathingly. “It’s obvious enough!”

 

Sandie laid her hands on her lap as she looked down fighting to smile.

 

“I don’t know why you would think it’s me,” Sandie said in a small voice. She lifted her eyes to look at the principal. “I would never do anything like this. I have been here since… forever and I would—“ She let her voice crack and she put a hand to .

 

Jessica looked like she was ready to attack her any moment. “She’s acting!” She turned to the principal. “She’s acting! She was waiting for me before school started and she specifically warned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter