Chapter 18

She's My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was odd how something that happened less than 12 hours has already reached all of the students in YG High. The students are all buzzing about it in private group chats and silent chatters on the hall. Darie could feel them talking about her as she entered the school grounds and seeing the students lounging in the yard, all huddled in groups and some students pretending to be doing something else when she passed by the row of lockers. After she had already seen them talking in hushed voices. These students are so obvious that she wanted to call them out for it. If they wanted to talk about her, they should just do it in her face since they are not very good in being stealthy.

 

She finally had enough when two of her classmates in English class, she couldn’t remember their names but recognized their faces, both stopped talking as soon as they spotted her. She stopped walking and fixed them with a cold stare and both girls froze, their eyes widening and seemed to be rooted from where they are standing. Eyes not leaving them, Darie walked slowly towards them and she could see them glancing at each other in panic. She must’ve looked so crazed right now.

 

“Were you talking about me?” she asked when she is already right in front of them.

 

“N—no,” the girl on her right stuttered.

 

“Of—of course not,” the girl on the left said. “We’re talking about… our homework… in English class.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes. And uh… you know… if you want to copy our answers, that’s okay.”

 

Darie narrowed her eyes at them. “Can you tell me what are the different type of Conjuntions that do various jobs in a sentence structure?” As she expected, both girls looked clueless. “Or what is considered a Conjunctive Adverbs? You didn’t know? That is our homework.” She loomed into them. “You are asking me to copy your answers when you didn’t even know what Conjunctions are. Try to study for once instead of gossiping about other people’s lives. Aren’t you even worried about your future?”

 

The students backed away from her. “We’re sorry, Sandie. We’re sorry!” They bowed their heads countless times looking like they want to cry as they skirt around her and before she knew it, they both sprinted away from her.

 

“Wait!” Darie yelled suddenly feeling guilty for losing her temper. “I’m sorry! I didn’t mean it!” Crap! What is this school turning her into? Shoulder’s dropping, she proceeded to walk to Sandie’s class but stopped when she saw GD and his gang approaching, walking to the same class. She even forgot they have the same classes. GD met her eye and she just rolled her eyes before turning away and walking to the opposite direction of Sandie’s first class. It is the day when she will do nothing but skip all of Sandie’s classes. Her sister never did care about grades anyway.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

She didn’t go to their first class nor her second or third, as per CL, who looked a little guilty when GD asked where Sandie is.

 

“She skipped classes. I mean, she’s acting really weird and I hope it wasn’t because of what I told her.”

 

“I told her that she shouldn’t get her hopes up on you, which is the truth. Sandie really likes you. I can see that when I told her about you doing the engagement for Kim Taeyeon and don’t you deny it. I respect you as the future leader of the Dragons but my loyalty lies with my leader. And not to mention, my friend. So if you really can’t get over Kim Taeyeon, give her time to get over you. I don’t even understand why she liked you or when it even happened.”

 

“No, I’m not exagerrating. She had never acted like this before.”

 

GD wanted to guffaw at how CL perceived the broken engagement as because of Sandie Park liking him and giving him up because of Kim Taeyeon. If they only knew. They would probably sigh in relief once the real Sandie Park gets back and they could watch in enjoyment as they try to kick each other’s butts. Darie Park is just a cover for whatever Sandie is trying to get at. Never mind the fact that Darie is doing this too to get something. He honestly didn’t care as long as whole engagement sham was over and the Elder is okay with it. Of course that didn’t stop his dad from talking to him once he got home and had to drag him off the bed. He grimaced at the recollection of that conversation and he can only mutter his agreement to whatever his dad is proposing just so he could get back to bed. Now that he think about, his dad has pretty much the most ridiculous ideas. Especially when it concerns the Tigers. His dad could never really understand that neither his son nor the Tiger’s daughter want to get married until it is absolutely necessary. And this time isn’t that time.

 

Of course that didn’t stop him from looking for Darie Park. After she basically gave him a roll of her eyes, she just disappeared and then her friends, the Tigers, putting the blame on him on why their leader suddenly became sulky. He kept on thinking where he can find Darie Park that he didn’t noticed someone walking towards him until that someone hit his shoulder. He looked at that person with narrowed eyes and saw the smirking face of Jang HyunSeung.

 

“I heard about the news,” HyunSeung said. “I guess Sandie is really just playing you. Is it that embarassing to be dumped?”

 

GD let out a sarcastic laugh before meeting his eyes. “Is that what you felt when Sandie dumped you for me? Oh, no, she didn’t dumped you. You were never together to begin with. You’re just nothing but her follower because you no longer had a clan. How does it feel to be smooching off the Tiger’s name for power?”

 

GD was already on the ground before he could even blink and feeling the pain on his busted lip from where HyunSeung suddenly punched him. Some students were frozen, no one even moving at the sight of the Dragon’s future leader being punched. GD laughed this time even while HyunSeung was standing before him. He looked up at him with a sardonic smirk.

 

“Does that feel good?” GD asked ignoring the burning feeling at the side of his mouth. “You can tell your pathetic group you had managed to land a blow on GD Kwon. Maybe they would worship you more for restoring your pitiful dignity.”

 

He could see HyunSeung shaking, his hands balled into fists at his side and GD was waiting for him to strike. Just one hit and no one could say GD Kwon started it.

 

“You’ll never going to get Sandie Park,” HyunSeung said in a low voice, his voice shaking in anger.

 

“Keep on praying and maybe it’ll come true,” GD said knowing he’s inciting HyunSeung’s anger more. “Be nice, HyunSeung and maybe I’ll agree with you being my best man at the wedding.”

 

HyunSeung looked like he wanted to hit him again but instead he spit on the side before leaving GD on the floor. GD chuckled and wiped the blood off his lip before getting back to his feet. He ignored all the students who had watched the exchange and just went on his way to the library. At least, he hoped that’s where he could find Darie. Just as he was about to enter the library, his eyes caught sight of the wide gazebo at the middle of the library’s own garden. He paused as he watched several students hanging around there before turning away and making making a beeline towards the old school garden. He is pretty sure he knew where Darie is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I must’ve been really… insane. I really can’t accept this. This is your fault. Why didn’t you notice me? If you did, I would’ve been saved from this doom.” Darie had never felt so passionate scolding Donghae’s picture as she sat on the rotting bench inside the gazebo in the middle of the school’s old garden. She probably stayed here most of the day trying to contemplate about life. Or comtemplate about her life. And she had spent every other hour looking at Donghae’s picture and scolding it at the same time.

 

Darie sighed heavily rubbing the picture gently with her thumb. Donghae is her first love. Maybe what she felt is just infatuation towards GD Kwon. Yes. That’s probably it. He was the only one who knows she’s not Sandie. And yet he wasn’t telling anyone. And he did saved her when she was kidnapped by those boys in JYP. Yes. She is just a simple girl after all. It’s normal to feel this way. She wasn’t really inlove with GD. That is just completely ridiculous. She let out a little chuckle as she finally smiled.

 

“Of course I’m not,” Darie said as she gazed at Donghae’s smiling face. “And I’ll be back soon so wait for me, okay? And this time, I’ll make sure to let you know how I feel.”

 

“Who’re you talking to?”

 

“Wooah!” She was so startled that she almost fell from the bench. Luckily, the bench still held her weight inspite of it looking like it’s about to crumble. She looked up at the curious face of GD Kwon resting his arms on the rails behind where she was sitting at. Before she can even curse at him, GD stretched his hands and took the picture Darie dropped on the bench.

 

GD narrowed his eyes as he saw the photo that Darie was looking at last night.

 

“Mind your own business. Hand it over!” Darie said standing up and if it not for the concrete that is separating her from GD, she would’ve kicked him.

 

GD ignored her and just kept on staring at the picture trying to place him. “Where have I seen him before?” He muttered.

 

“You haven’t and you never will. Hand it over,” Darie said threateningly.

 

GD’s eyes bored into the smiling face of the picture until it clicked. Sandie Park kissing this guy. A picture that Darie showed him before on a phone. In this exact same place where she had been upset because…. GD gave her a piercing look. “This is the uh… what did you call him then? Your prince?”

 

“Again, that is none of your business,” Darie said with gritted teeth as she walk to step out of the gazebo to GD.

 

GD just watched her come to him and just when she’s already near him with that ferocious frown on her face, he put his two fingers on top of the photograph and ripped it into two. Darie froze with open in disbelief as she watched GD tore the picture of her beloved Donghae.

 

GD tossed the torn picture behind him and smirked without humor. “I don’t like looking at his face.”

 

Darie really wanted to be violent right now as she stared at the two halves of the only picture she had managed to steal from the Student Council room in SM High. Her eyes went up to GD’s arrogant face and wished she could have enough stamina to beat the out of him.

 

“Why are you such a jerk?” She just said in complete resignation. She’s had enough of this. She can’t deal with this level of childishness anymore. “Fine. Whatever.” She went back inside the gazebo and sat down on the bench trying to calm her raging emotions. It wouldn’t be good if she started kicking things around here. There’s nothing to kick in here anyway.

 

She was expecting GD to leave while laughing at her but to her dismay, he took a seat next to her. She waited for him to hurl insults or whatever it is to get into her skin but he remained silent. Darie wondered if one can love and hate a person at the same time. No. You’re not inlove with him. Get your head together, idiot! She internally smacked herself. She gave a sideways glance at GD who seemed to be staring into space and looking deep in thought. Before she could even ask him what he is still doing here, he spoke.“This whole spectacle isn’t over yet.” He looked at Darie. “After whatever speech you gave them last night made my father think I didn’t made an effort to… what is the word he said? Oh yeah. Woo you enough.”

 

Darie felt a little lost before she understood what he meant.

 

“Now he’s planted his men to report what I do. And he wasn’t even secretive about it,” he continued. “He told me last night that I will be watched to make sure that I do the responsibility of a Dragon.”

 

Ugh. “Just what is with your dad?” She’s starting to get annoyed at the Dragon’s leader. Why can’t he be more like her dad? When he got home last night, he only gave her a kiss on the head and told her that he understand what she did and he can see that this is a little too early for Sandie to be tied down to someone. “Why is he rushing? Why can’t he wait until you’re thirty or something?” Then the answer hit her before she could even finish her rhetorical question. Oh. Kim Taeyeon. GD’s father thinks Kim Taeyeon would be able to sway GD from doing his commitments, she’s sure of it. She silently sighed at the surge of jealousy that suddenly engulfed her. Shut up, you stupid heart!

 

“Ask him,” GD answered unaware of her thoughts.

 

Darie sighed loudly. “So now you think annoying the hell out of me is the best way to get back at me for that? Is that why you sound so blasé?”

 

GD looked at her in an amused expression.”Blasé?” He repeated then let out a chuckle “As much as how fun that would be, I don’t think it is much of a challenge since you get pissed off really easily.”

 

“You’re one to talk.” She gave him a dry expression before she noticed the small budding bruise at the side of his lips.

 

“I figured my life would be easier if I do what my dad tells me to….” His voice trailed off when Darie suddenly reached over and gently touched the side of lips with the pad of her thumb. He grabbed her hand. “What are you doing?” His voice came out harsh trying to ignore how his nerves suddenly jumped alive at her touch.

 

Darie was surprised at her own action. She did it without thinking when she saw a dot of dried blood at the side of his mouth and the urge to wipe it made her muscles move on their own. “Th—there’s….” She tried to motion with her hand but he had gripped her wrist tightly. “You have uh… there’s something on  your mouth. Did you get hit?” It definitely looked like someone hit him. Unless he had fallen face first on the floor.

 

GD just kept on staring at her with his furrowed brows before letting her hand go and touching the side of his mouth. “Yeah, I let your boyfriend hit me.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“That prick, Jang HyunSeung.”

 

“Sandie’s friend?”

 

“Stay away from him, do you hear me?” He sounds like he’s threatening her.

 

“Uh… duh, I have ears.”

 

GD glowered at her but still continued to warn her. “You can’t handle him and he’s with dangerous people right now.”

 

“He thinks I’m Sandie.”

 

“But you aren’t.”

 

“Ugh, why are we even having this conversation. You don’t have to tell me, okay? That guy scares me.” Then sighed after a minute. “Don’t you want to go to the clinic to get that treated? It’s starting to become black and blue.”

 

GD studied her face again making Darie fidget before he suddenly grabbed her hand and pulled her up. “Let’s go to class.”

 

Darie gawked at him. “You want to go to class?” She was so shocked at that she let him drag him off the gazebo and towards the school building.

 

“No. It’s my responsibility to go to class and I’m taking you with me.”

 

Darie still gaped at him but she just followed where GD is leading her to, his hands warm against hers. How can she even deny what she feel when it’s already screaming inside her that she want to curl up into a ball to drown it out?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What now? Donghae watched as he saw Darie suddenly turn around and ran away when she saw him coming. She had been doing this all day. Was she mad at him for leaving her at the clinic?  He sighed loudly as he started to walk to his class. She was very distant in their shared classes and she was nowhere in sight during the pre-trials. He noticed her making a point not to look at him this morning, then doing something in her notebook when he approached her to ask if her arm is alright. She mostly just gave him a nod or muttered responses and then she would go and chatter with Minzy and HyunA completely ignoring him. He didn’t know if he had done something wrong for Darie to disregard him. Was it because she heard about Jessica and Tyler kwon? Knowing that there’s no more reason to go after him, did she suddenly lost all interest? If she had ever been interested in him to begin with.

 

He trudged to his seat and just waited until the bell rang for the classes to start then glanced at the place where Darie always sits. She’s probably skipping this class because of him. Maybe she didn’t know how to tell him that she’s no longer interested. Or maybe she wants to dump him but just doesn’t want to hurt him. 

 

Even with all her reasons, he still had the right to know. She can’t just not talk to him. The teacher came in followed by Darie who went straight to her seat.

 

Sandie had been waiting by the plant near Darie’s classroom for the bell to ring and keeping a look out for the teacher so that she could rush in once the teacher did and prevent anyone from talking to her.

 

Or prevent Donghae from talking to her.

 

She kept her eyes from going in Donghae’s direction when she followed the teacher and went straight to her seat, still trying not to look where Donghae was seated on the front. No doubt he’s thinking she’s gone crazy or something but she just couldn’t talk to him at the moment.

 

The teacher started the roll call and Sandie just opened a book in a random page as her mind inadvertently went back to that scene in her mind. She closed the book in a loud snap making some students glance at her, including Donghae and both Minzy and Hyuna, but she ignored all of them.

 

Dammit. Why can’t she get it out of her mind? Donghae is free to do whatever he wants in his life, she doesn’t own him. But why does she feel so enraged by it. Like she was played for a fool?

 

Think again, idiot. You were never with Donghae for him to play you for a fool.

 

No. Donghae is playing her sister for a fool. What would Darie feel when she came back and everyone is buzzing about Donghae and Jessica? She would instantly blame Sandie for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter