Chapter 14

She's My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae watched as the doctor sewed up the wound on Darie’s shoulder after cleaning it. She didn’t even flinched and just stared blankly at some spot. The anesthesia may be strong but he had expected a little reaction apart from looking stoned. Even when the doctor was cleansing the wound, she didn’t bat an eyelash and he knew it hurts just by looking at the ugly gash. He had been watching her wondering what she was thinking or why she was looking like this was nothing.

 

When he and Chanyeol got back at the bunkhouse earlier that night, Darie was nowhere in sight. Mrs. Sun Woo had told him she had just gone out for a walk. He had been looking outside for minutes, not wanting to admit he was looking for her at the beach, until the caretaker suddenly appeared with a young boy by his side and told him that the boy saw Darie going into the other side of the beach where the caretaker had warned her of. Sudden panic gripped him as the caretaker told him what is in that part of the place and his mind envisioned Darie’s laughing face and an image of her striding alone in an unkwown area.

 

Seeing how the caretaker had gathered people to go with them with their bats or weapons made the panic more palpable. He told his teacher and the freshmen to stay where they are. Chanyeol wanted to come but Donghae put his foot down. If this grown men thinks it’s dangerous, then he wouldn’t let a sophomore be involved in this alarming situation when Donghae himself doesn’t even know the extent of danger this bad group emits.

 

He was assured when two town cops had gone with them and seeing the dark shack that was only illuminated by the moonlight, he knew the caretaker is not exaggerating. When he saw her by the window standing still but safe, he felt like he could breathe again.

 

He wanted to shake her and pull her into a hug at the same time.

 

Mrs. Sun Woo had fetched a doctor after seeing her student being carried inside the bunkhouse with blood on her shirt but maintained a calm demeanor. Luckily, the caretaker knew a doctor who lives a couple of miles from the beach and the doctor immediately went to attend his patient as soon as he stepped inside the bunkhouse.

 

He sighed inaudibly as he watched the doctor covered the wound with a bandage. He doesn’t know what’s suddenly happening to him or why the thought of Darie getting hurt concerns him so much.

 

Well, he is the school president and naturally, he would feel responsible for the welfare of the student body. Yes, that was probably it.

 

The doctor turned to the teacher who nodded at her instructions.

 

“And I’ve given her a painkiller that’s going to probably knock her out,” the doctor was saying with a smile. “So, somebody should get her out of those bloodied clothes so she can sleep comfortably.”

 

The teacher chuckled before thanking the good doctor as he bids his goodbye. Donghae had been watching Darie in all this exchange not knowing what to think about her impassive expression that he had never seen in all this time he had known her. He didn’t know what changed. She was fine when he was carrying her back to the bunkhouse. Of course, fine like… her jovial self. She even called him an . But when he laid her on one of the tables, she suddenly became this. He pursed his lips before asking her quietly, “Are you okay?”

 

She seemed to hear him as her eyes went up to his face and Donghae realized he would rather see Darie getting crazy and unpredictable or amusing herself at his expense if it meant the sparkling mischief that was twinkling in her eyes everytime she talks to him won’t ever disappear.

 

“Alright. Out.”

 

Donghae turned to find Mrs. Sun Woo holding the door for him.

 

“W—why?” Donghae started to protest. Then he straightened up to his full height. “I am a responsible president Mrs. Sun Woo. It is my job to make sure every students in my supervision is safe. I’ll stay here.”

 

Mrs. Sun Woo looked like she wanted to roll her eyes at him. “She needs to change her clothes.” She gave her a pointed look.

 

It took a moment before he understood what that meant. “Oh.” Donghae’s face burned as he realized that Darie is wearing the dirty, bloodied clothes, the sleeves ripped open where her stitched wound is. Some of the other students are present but the male students, including Chanyeol scampered out of the house. He cleared his throat and immediately followed but paused when he got to the door. He gave Darie another look as if she would disappear if he left but she just remained where she is, looking at him with that blank, glazed look.

 

“Carry on,” Mrs. Sun Woo practically pushed him outside. “You’re acting like we would transport her somewhere and you wouldn’t see her again.” The female students tittered as they heard Mrs. Sun Woo’s jibe. Donghae finally remembered why Mrs. Sun Woo is the student’s favorite. She was pretty cool for a middle aged woman. But there were times when she noticed things and voices them out without hesitation. “Relax Donghae. Darie’s still going to be here when you come back and I will personally come get you once we’re done so you could tuck her in. Okay?”

 

Donghae reddened and tried to explain the reasons for his unusual behavior. “Mrs. Sun Woo, I am just concerned because she’s my vice president.” He didn’t know why the word my vice president made him feel like his face is combusting. “I mean¸ the vice president of the school and she is here under my request for supervising the freshmen so of course I would feel responsible for this. I would’ve done the same if it has happened to anyone of our students.”

 

Mrs. Sun Woo looked like she wanted to laugh. “Why are you giving me a speech? I’ll let you know when to come back.” And she closed the door on his face.

 

Donghae scowled, wanting to knock on the door again to further explain so Mrs. Sun Woo wouldn’t get the wrong idea. He sighed instead and decided to just follow the rest of the freshmen as they joined the teenage kids around the bonfire.

                                                                                                                                                          

 

 

 

 

 

Darie frowned as she moved her left shoulder in a circular motion trying to get a feel of it. For some reason she had been feeling a faint stinging discomfort on her right shoulder that goes down to her arm for hours now. It started at the time she was getting dressed to go with her dad to the party when the sudden pain, though fleeting, made her gasp aloud, her hand going to her right arm. It made her sat down on the bed as she tried to look at the back of her arm to see if something sharp had pricked her skin because it definitely felt like it. Thinking she probably just pulled a muscle, she just massaged it and continued dressing up.

 

Now sitting alone at the table of the vast garden of the Kwon’s residence amidst the crowds of people who attended the party, she is definite she either strained it or hurt it somewhere because it feels raw and bruised. Even if the pain is indistinct, it still bothers her.

 

She sighed loudly knowing no one’s going to hear her anyway as they were too busy socializing. Well, isn’t this a big mistake.

 

She hardly knows anyone in here. Her dad is talking to GD’s parents, laughing inside the gazebo at the center of the garden and leaving her here. They were glad she was here with her dad but they left her alone nevertheless. All the faces are unfamiliar to her and she guessed this is probably the group of the Dragons. She had lived as Sandie enough to know a little about the clans as it has been thrown in her face a couple of times already.

 

Some of them were of her dad’s but she is definite most of them are the Dragon’s. Duh. This is a party orchestrated by a Dragon so of course it wouldn’t be a question why they are here. She let her eyes wander lazily as she massaged her shoulder and felt the sting on her arm subsided. She would’ve felt more comfortable if CL was here. Or Bom. They are the only two girls in her father’s clan and her sister’s friends she could actually be relaxed with. Even if it’s a little. But they weren’t here. Maybe they were not invited.

 

Even GD’s not here. She tried not to acknowledge the disapppointment over that fact. She had expected him to be here because this is his father’s party so not seeing him is a little… well…. Disappointing.

 

Of course she didn’t really came here for him but it would’ve been nice if he was around.

 

Okay, I did come here for him, she admitted to herself with a roll of her eyes at her internal argument. And it’s only because of the Spy Phone. Once I get that, I’ll be out of here.

 

She sighed again and decided to just get a drink. She stood up and walked over to the bar that was set up near the sliding glass door, making sure she wouldn’t trip on her way. It was actually Sandie’s death trap shoes that she found inside her shoe closet. It’s a platform heels that had sparkling studs on the straps. She couldn’t picture Sandie wearing such elegant and ladylike shoes and wondered why she had it in the first place but then that’s probably the reason why it’s still inside a box looking brand new. Darie could bet her sister couldn’t picture herself in these shoes either, stored it inside her closet and completely forgot about it. When Darie saw the shoes, it is not something she would normally wear but it looked so pretty that she tried it on. She partnered it with Sandie’s black ripped up hip hugger jeans and her own white long sleeved polo shirt that she hiked up on her arms.

 

She smiled at the bartender as she made her order. “Pina Colada. Can you make it non alcoholic?”

 

The bartender smiled at her. “Sure Ms. Park.”

 

“Thank you,” Darie said.

 

“Non alcoholic?”

 

Darie turned her head to the sound of the familiar voice and found Taeyang smiling as he stopped next to her with Daesung by his side ordering drinks to the same bartender.

 

“Hey,” Darie smiled glad to see a familiar face for once. She had been in here for more than two hours already and none of the guests even attempted to talk to her. They either just bow their heads down and scurry off or completely ignored her existence as they passed by.

 

“I didn’t think you would actually go to this party,” Taeyang said.

 

“All of us didn’t think you would go to this party,” Daesung piped in with a wide grin. “But GD said you would. Damn that guy is always right.”

 

“GD knew I would go?” Darie asked.

 

“Yeah. He said you would go just to piss him off,” Daesung said with a laugh.

 

Darie raised her eyebrows at that but eventually chuckled. “GD knows me well.” It amazed her to talk and joke comfortably with these guys when not long ago, she was looking at them like evil personification. “Where is he anyway? I’ve never seen him since I got here.”

 

“He’s just here sulking,” Taeyang said.

 

“Sulking? For?”

 

Taeyang shrugged. “He’s always sulking whenever his dad talks to him. It ain’t easy to be the only son of the Dragon.”

 

“No, he’s not sulking,” Daesung corrected him. “I just saw him inside the Den talking to Taeyeon.”

 

For some reason, Darie’s ears pricked up. “And who is that?”

 

Taeyang and Daesung both looked at her in surprise at her question. “Uh…,” Daesung said. “Kim Taeyeon.”

 

Her face probably reflected the question she just asked because the two guys glanced at each other looking baffled.

 

Taeyang chuckled. “Are you really asking that? Kim Taeyeon? She’s the daughter of the Red Fox leader. She’s also the goddaughter of both your father and GD’s dad.”

 

Darie blinked. How the hell is she supposed to know that?! This is the first time she had ever heard of the name as her dad had never mentioned this Kim Taeyeon. And neither did Sandie. “Oh.” She adopted a blasé expression. “I think it has been so long since I’ve… seen her.”

 

Taeyang gave her another baffled look. “She was just here two months ago. I think she spent two days at your house?”

 

Darie pursed her lips knowing she’s screwing this up. She should’ve come up with a better lie. Well, she’d better do it the Sandie way.

 

She lifted her chin up with an arrogant expression. “Anyone who is beyond me is forgettable.”

 

Daesung and Taeyang froze as they gawked at her with wide eyes and Darie wondered if she said the wrong thing. Then they laughed. “That’s the Sandie Park I know. For a minute, I really thought an alien had came and replaced you,” Taeyang said shaking his head as he reached for the drink the bartender had placed in front of him.

 

Daesung looked like he was in tears from laughing and Darie didn’t even have any idea if what she said is actually worth to tear up over. They are so weird. “Ahahahaha,” she laughed forcefully then faded away. She cleared . “Well, I’m just gonna go and talk to them.”

 

She didn’t wait for an answer as she scurried out of the bar leaving her drink as well. Her heart was speeding up a little from the nervousness of slipping up. Why in the world did she thought she is more comfortable talking to them now? She practically palmed her face as she went inside the living room passing the guests who only smiled at her. She looked around for a familiar face—or rather GD’s face—just to talk to somebody, of course. She never should have attended this function. Who the heck gave her this idea??

 

She scowled wanting to blame somebody then froze on her way to the direction of the patio. She took a step back and peered inside a wide open room and saw GD sitting on the long sofa talking to a girl she had never seen before. She guessed she just passed by the Kwon’s den.

 

And the girl must be Kim Taeyeon.

 

Unknown to herself, her eyes  scrutinized the girl sitting a little too close to GD smiling prettily at him. She had a charming smile, her motions animated as she told GD about something which the latter had chuckled at. Darie’s eyes narrowed at how easy GD could smile like that when he kept on snarling at her or ignoring her completely.

 

She must’ve been standing there for too long, hovering by the door frame like an idiot before Taeyeon’s eyes fell to her direction. “Oh. Hi Sandie!” She greeted brightly with a wave of her hand.

 

Darie wanted to get out of there when GD’s eyes turned to her, the smile he had given this girl earlier fading out. “Hi,” she said hesitantly. Somehow, the swift change in GD’s expression is affecting her. She hasn’t done anything, why is he looking like he’s mad at her again?!

 

“Come on in,” Taeyeon said with a big smile and GD leaned back in his seat looking like he’s pissed off again. Darie knew she should just decline and leave for whatever GD is seething at but the mere fact that she is innocent, whatever crime she supposedly committed for GD to give her this look, made her throw her shoulder back, flipped her hair and went inside.

 

Taeyeon smiled and gave her a kiss on the cheek when she got close enough. “How’ve you been?” Taeyeon asked.

 

Darie gave it a fleeting second thought before sitting next to GD who is now glaring at the table in front of him.

 

“Oh I’m fine,” Darie said brightly. “Really good. How about you?”

 

Taeyeon chuckled at her easy answer that is so unlike Sandie who normally just scowl whenever GD is around. “I’m doing really well, thanks for asking.”

 

Silence came after that and it dawned on Darie that Taeyeon is probably awkward with Sandie and could only exchange pleasantries.

 

“So,” Taeyeon started after a long silence. “I heard you guys are… getting married?”

 

Darie glanced at GD who didn’t answer. He was just playing with his phone, just twirling it in his hand like he wasn’t listening.

 

“Uh…,” Darie said. “Yeah?”

 

“Wow,” Taeyeon said with a small smile that looked a little forced. “I never thought you guys would… you know… dot eh arrangement considering your history of fighting.”

 

“It’s a stupid pact,” GD finally spoke, his voice low. “One that would end soon.” He turned his head to give her a sharp deadly look.

 

Darie refrained herself from making a face at him. He’s still seething about that? “You have got to move on from that,” she just said.

 

Darie was expecting him to rebutt but his jaw clenched as if he is really angry. She opened to ask him what his problem now is but no words came out when she looked in his eyes. The intensity of his angry gaze is making her feel like coiling. It wasn’t just a mere irritation but outright, raw, anger.

 

And frankly, fear s up on her spine giving her goosebumps.

 

“Can you leave us alone for a second?” He asked Taeyeon his glare still fixed on Darie’s face.

 

Taeyeon probably sensed something because she just nodded and stood up. “I’ll… I’ll just see you later,” she awkwardly told Darie before leaving.

 

Darie watched her leave, wanting to follow her but she couldn’t move her feet. She knew it was a bad idea to come here. She would rather stay at home and not see this kind of GD. She knew without a doubt this is the real GD Kwon that the school feared.

 

“You have until end of tonight to break the damn engagement off.” His voice was low and dangerous.

 

Darie looked at his face again and tried to tell him the same logical reason that she gave him before but GD cut her off. “And don’t you ever in’ say there’s no engagement because you wouldn’t want to know what i would do.”

 

“Ya,” Darie said her heartbead speeding up. “Why’re you scaring me?”

 

“Are you?” He just asked back, his deadly gaze unwavering.

 

She swallowed hard and didn’t realize she was leaning away from him on the sofa. “i…I told you that… I only want to… to get back at Sandie,” she stuttered. “It’s… it’s not… it has nothing to do with you.”

 

His jaw clenched again as he watched her looking like she’s ready to jump out of here in a heartbeat. He knew he was scaring her but he couldn’t help the anger that is slipping off him as he recalled the talk that he had with his dad about marrying the Tiger’s daughter. His dad didn’t allow arguments, reasons. He talks as if it was the law that GD should follow.

 

“Sandie Park wouldn’t want this as much

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter