Chapter 22

She's My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday…

 

Tuesday…

 

Wednesday…

 

Thursday…

 

Friday...

 

Saturday…

 

Sunday…

 

 

A week has already passed for the twins to get  accustomed to the life the other has. It had begun to be so difficult, so tricky, until it became the reason why they continued.

 

For Darie, being Sandie, the teenage gangster who wishes to rule the school under her name, is nothing short of being a temporary reprieve of her otherwise boring life. Her sister, though as careless as she is, seems to have the fun she didn’t know she had been looking for. Of course, it had been a nightmare for her in the beginning but now she realized that it had been fun. Thinking back to her first day at Sandie Park made all the fun she can probably never have in all the years she had spent in SM High.

 

Yes, it was a memorable experience for her.

 

And the happiest she could ever be.

 

She is now officially dating GD Kwon.

 

It had been all over school since the start of last week when she arrived in school with GD waiting for her at the parking lot and a lot of students saw him smiling at her and taking her hand. She had felt awkward and suddenly really shy remembering what happened the night before. The recollection of what happened last night was hazy and the only thing that’s clear to her was the memory of GD kssing her and then gently pushing her towards their front door.

 

You better go inside now before I really give your father a dead-on reason to kill me.

 

Those words is definitely not a sweet nothing but she had been awake all night replaying that with a smile on her face. Remembering that the next morning with the man himself standing before her made her more embarassed but GD just pulled her closer as they saunter the front entrance of YG High with a grin that made her heart skip a beat, not even noticing that all the students who they passed by are gawking at them.

 

Their friends were surprised but they seem to have accepted it without any questions. Or at least, Darie never heard any questions from Sandie’s friends. They weren’t teasing them either. They seemed to have already accepted it right before it even happened. GD and Sandie, together. A good reason for Tigers and Dragons to unite. Finally able to get along after so long.

 

Except she wasn’t the real Sandie. It had been bugging her every minute of every hour and she just hoped that Sandie wouldn’t go so far as denouncing her as a family and she had been too chicken to call her sister and confess. She doesn’t even want to think how Sandie would react or what she would say.

 

You betrayed me, Darie. You betrayed your own sister. Your own family. What did you see in him that forced you to do this?

 

She could just imagine Sandie saying that to her.

 

What about her parents? Her mom? Her dad whom she had lied to?

 

GD Kwon is your sister’s future fiancee! Her dad’s words. What would he say to her once he found out. Will he be disappointed that the daughter dating the family he wanted to be united with is not the daughter he’s raising to be the future leader of the Tigers? Will this put a halt in the union agreement? Will GD’s father accept her? Her. Darie Park. The girl who is just the daughter of Dave Park and is just a normal student.

 

She also wondered if they, Sandie’s and GD’s gang, would accept her just as easily when they found out she’s just the twin. She really wanted to ask GD all these but she’s afraid of the answer she might get so she just kept it to herself. For now.

 

At least until the day has finally come when she had to go back to her real life and hope whatever happiness she is feeling would last even after this week ended.

 

That, however, did not turn out to be the case.

 

Darie picked up her burrito and took a small bite not really tasting it. She had a feeling in the pit of her stomach and she knew exactly the reason why. She glanced at GD who was seated in front of her that Monday afternoon during lunch.

 

His friends and Sandie’s friends all seemed to get along really well as they had been chattering and laughing as they bicker. She would’ve joined but she couldn’t even pretend to swallow.

 

GD is acting distant and distracted since Saturday. She tried to ask if he’s okay but he only waved off her question and just told her he some things he’s trying to figure out and to ignore him. She didn’t nag and hoped he could get through whatever is bothering him.

 

He’s been the perfect guy that first week they had been dating. Although there were a lot of times he looked impatient with her, her slow walking, her fervent interest to read a book during lunch and making GD feel ignored, those times when she goes to the library to get something to read when he wanted to take her somewhere. Those times when she forces him to study and he would do it just to appease her. Those times during classes when he would just seat sideways in his chair and watch her. Which still makes her blush but she let him.

 

He even teaches her self defense every time GD felt like she needed to learn and he would drag her to the school gym. Their house was off limits at the moment since their very embrassing display of indecency has been witnessed by both their fathers. Besides, Darie thinks the school gym is the best. No one to bother them, no one to witness their moments of making out every time GD called for a break. Seriously, Darie thinks she is ony willing to go through this training solely for that purpose. How did she became such an indecorous woman? She would happily blame GD.

 

But she should’ve known that happiness is only temporary. Feelings of uncertainty had surged through her with the thought that GD is no longer interested in her. His actions had always been so blunt and sudden that it would be understandable.

 

They were supposed to watch a movie on Sunday but he didn’t show up and she was standing there at the movie house inside the mall like an idiot. She waited for him to send her a message. An apology, an excuse, a reason, anything for being late but he didn’t. And she went home stood up, wanting to call him but she thought she might need to at least have some self preservation so she stopped herself. Yes, her pride is still important to her.

 

It was late at night that she received a message from him with just two words.

 

I’m sorry

 

He’s sorry for what? For standing her up? Or for something else? She didn’t respond and just spent the whole night trying to console herself that maybe, this should be the beginning of her getting over him because she have to get back with her life. This loneliness would also be temporary.

 

Inspite of herself, she expected him to be at the school parking lot that morning where he had waited for her each day last week. But he wasn’t. He wasn’t on their first class either and the only time he had appeared was their lunch period. He had seated in front of her, surprising Darie, and she had to gape at him because there were some faint bruises in his face.

 

“What happened?” Darie had asked but GD just impatiently responded.

 

“Don’t mind me and just eat.” He placed an apple in front of her then winced and Darie could tell it was somewhere in his ribs. Did he get into a fight? She watched the other Dragons trying to read their body language but all he could see is Daesung and Taeyang glancing at GD and then looking at each other with a meaningful expression. Darie really wanted to ask but she held her tongue. She’ll ask later when they are alone.

 

She was taking a sip of her iced tea when a student, probably a lower year Dragon, approached GD and whispered something in his ear. Darie could see GD glance at her before averting his gaze and nodded. He stood up and followed the student without even so much as a word for her.

 

She exhaled loudly suddenly feeling really pissed for being cast aside like this no matter what she told herself last night. She took a big bite of her burrito this time and turned to CL to join in on the conversation but she realized the table had gone silent. And they were looking at her.


“What?” She asked while chewing.

 

They all turned away suddenly busy with their food. Darie knew they know what she didn’t. She directed her gaze at Taeyang. “Who did GD get into a fight with?”

 

Taeyang looked flustered as he looked at TOP for help who looked at Daesung who stuffed his mouth with rice.

 

“GD didn’t get into a fight,” Seungri said. “He just fell from the stairs.”

 

Darie gave him a wry smile knowing that is just so pathetic. “Really?”

 

“Kim Taeyeon’s back,” CL said giving SeungRi a dirty look for lying.

 

The name suddenly brought out Darie’s insecurity but she couldn’t make the connection of GD having a bruised face to Taeyeon being back.

 

“Apparently, GD was with Taeyeon on Sunday at a club and a fight happened,” Bom said.

 

“Uh… I have a meeting with… someone,” TOP announced standing up and sprinting away before Darie could blink.

 

“Oh, me too!” Daesung said following TOP and one by one they all left with their own excuses leaving the Tigers on the table.

 

Darie was at a loss watching them leave with her chest felt like it’s being squeezed. GD… Taeyeon… club… Sunday….

 

Woo Bin drank all the contents of his soda then nudged the other guys and they all left with the reason of the conversation being girl talk leaving Bom, CL, and Darie alone at the lunch table.

 

“Taeyeon probably came back after hearing your meeting with the Elder was cancelled,” Bom continued looking slightly pissed on her friend’s behalf. “But she might not know you and GD are already dating but….” Her voice trailed off.

 

“Look Sands,” CL said. “I’m not really sure what’s going on, if you two are playing some sort of game to win the elder’s approval or something, whatever the reason is… I know you can handle it. So if there really is a chance that you started liking GD Kwon…” She sighed heavily. “Like I’ve told you before, don’t let your hopes up too high because there’s also a chance that he’s still hung up on Taeyeon.”

 

Darie could only stare at CL’s eyes and the genuine concern is reflected there. Of course they didn’t need to know she got stood up by GD.

 

On Sunday.

 

Darie forced out a laugh but it sounded hollow to her ears, not wanting to let them know that her emotions started punching her. “Oh c’mon, you guys. I don’t really care if Taeyeon’s back or if they’re hanging out at a club where he got his face smashed or something. That’s his thing. And if he’s still hung up on Taeyeon, I’m sure he would’ve told me. He’s not exactly one who can hold himself out because he’s scared of me.” She laughed again and taken a bite of her burrito but she really wanted to suddenly wail in here.

 

CL and Bom grinned, relieved that Sandie is not taking the news hard because they really thought she had really already fallen for GD Kwon what with the way she was looking at GD nowadays but maybe there really is some kind of pact they made that only the two of them know that has something to do with the Society that they will tell them in time.

 

“Well, I’m so glad we cleared that up,” Bom said happily taking a bite of her salad.

 

“Have you really seen Sandie Park heartbroken? We were idiots for thinking that. Sorry Sands.” CL chuckled.

 

Darie laughed again but didn’t say anything as her own words replayed in her head.

 

Yes, GD isn’t the one to hold himself out in fear of hurting Sandie Park.

 

But would he still be that way with Darie?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She’ll deal with the consequences when the time comes.

 

That’s what Sandie had been telling herself since last week. She had let go of all her worries, concerns, self-inhibitions, eveything to enjoy being Darie Park.

 

And mainly to enjoy being Donghae’s girlfriend.

 

Her consciences kept pricking at her and she decided to ignore it until it’s time for her to let karma do its work and make her pay for being a back stabber.

 

So far, it worked. And she had been too busy and distracted to even pay any attention to her nagging conscience. Being Darie wasn’t such a bad thing after all since she was able to enjoy the things Sandie Park loves.

 

Like sports, for example.

 

Their team had won by a massive count on volleyball during that week of the school event since Sandie had used all she got on this one game. And Donghae, being the athlete that he is, contributed a lot. In fact, they seemed to be regarded as the power players by the opposing teams and they achieved their victory.

 

Seeing as she had the jealousy episode during the trials, there were no games she was able to participate after volleyball so she ended up cheering for Donghae alongside HyunA and Minzy. She had been yelling at the top of her lungs for each time he was able to score during the basketball games That’s my man!! which caused titters and chuckles from those who had heard her. Of course that made her rigid guy go red but he was grinning and seemed to be more energized. There was a time when he pointed a finger at her and made a shooting motion and like a fangirl, she shrieked making finger heart signs and Darie’s two friends joining her with a laugh. She caught a glimpse of Jessica on the third row bleachers who was scowling and Sandie just gave her a winning smile. Jessica Jung need to do something really worse to get her in a bad mood for the rest of the week. She’s too busy being Donghae’s cheerleader to even notice her anyway.

 

Yup. She becamse Donghae’s designated cheerleader.

 

And he became hers, which is really embarassing and wished that he didn’t witness her show of being utterly clueless.

 

She didn’t know she was supposed to compete in the General Knowledge Quiz competition. What the hell does she know? But there she went as Minzy gently pushed her on the stage alongside the rest of the competitors.

 

Of course, she didn’t win. Duh. But Donghae, as well as everybody, thinks she had given way since she had won for the last three years anyway. One she latched onto with a laugh.

 

The school event had been fun. As fun as it had been in YG High though she could feel a certain blissfulness here.

 

Yup. She got it really bad for Donghae Lee.

 

She’s screwed.

 

But she’s fine with it. Like she said, she’ll deal with the consequences when the time comes. There were moments when she was really on the verge of calling Darie but then changing her mind. What would she say? She doesn’t know what to tell her and besides, she have to take responsibility for this. She should tell Darie about this face to face and not just through a phone.

 

Or maybe, it’ll be really better if Darie would think she really did it for her. Getting the guy of her dreams dating her. It’ll be awkward if Darie would know about her feelings. She shivered at that.

 

Sandie felt Donghae kiss her at the top of her head when he arrived that Monday afternoon during lunch before taking a seat across from her. He had been busy all morning with the Principal and she haven’t talked to him yet. She could get used to that greeting though. Minzy, HyunA, and Kyuhyun were sitting in the same table with them and gave a teasing sound over Donghae’s gesture.

 

“I didn’t know our president could be so sweet,” Kyuhyun said.

 

“Me neither,” Sandie supplied with a wide grin. “But I think it would be sweeter if the kiss is here.” She tapped her lips while wiggling her eyesbrows at Donghae.

 

Donghae chuckled at her as she started to eat but Kyuhyun made a face while rolling her eyes. “Don’t make me witness that.”

 

“Me too,” HyunA said with a grumble. “it’s cool if you guys are together but if you make lovey dovey in front of me I might just injure someone.”

 

“HyunA got dumped,” Minzy said explaining HyunA’s grumpy attitude..

 

“I did not.” Then she exhaled. “He just stopped calling me.”

 

“Who?” Sandie asked.

 

“Mr. Hot guy at the nightclub,” Minzy added. “He looked like the love ‘em leave ‘em type. Just forget him, HyunA.”

 

“You’ve met him?” Sandie asked Minzy.

 

“Yup,” Minzy answered taking a bite of her sandwich. “HyunA forced me to go with her Saturday night to meet her man at the club.”

 

“Heey, why didn’t you invited me?” Sandie asked HyunA.

 

“Ya,” Donghae suddenly interrupted with a stern face.

 

“Oh please,” Sandie with a roll of her eyes. “I just want to experience clubbing.” Here in Sooman City, she added silently since she had always gone to clubs and bars in Hyunsuk.

 

“Actually I only went there for my baby thesis,” HyunA said. “The other benefits is a plus.”

 

“You’re already making your thesis?” Minzy asked incredulously.

 

Sandie just watched their exchange cluelessly wondering what is thesis? And a baby one at that.

 

“What did you make yours on?” HyunA asked Sandie after explaining her untimely work on a school activity to Minzy.

 

“Uh…” She’s stumped. She looked at Donghae and asked him the same question hoping this thesis thing is required for everybody. “What about you?”

 

“Still looking for interesting subjects,” Donghae said chewing. “Kyuhyun here already had his first chapter done.”

 

“What?” Minzy said. “And here I couldn’t think of a subject yet. Maybe I should do one for Dances or something. Do you have any ideas on yours?” She asked Sandie.

 

“Uh…not yet but I’m lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter