BONUS CHAPTER

She's My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I kinda started to write a bonus chapter for this before but i never got to post because i really wanted an open-ended ending for a story but i guess, it's a waste of my efforts if i didn't post  so here it is.

 

Now this story is really finished. :D

 

 

 

 

Daragon:

 

 

 

Darie was wringing her hands as she paced back at the forth as she tried not to let her panic take over her brain. I’ve got to calm down. Calm down. But it has already been 24 hours! I can’t calm down! She looked around the silent room… at the members of the Society with their impassive expressions. She didn’t know any of these people except the fact that they are from different clans. There might probably be some Tigers and Dragons but the members that she knew weren’t here.

 

Because they were the ones that were ambushed during one of what they thought was a peace treaty at some unidentified location.

 

Her heart had stopped when one of the society members broke the news to her when she dropped by to visit Sandie at the Society’s headquarters. She hasn’t seen her sister for five weeks and she had been too busy with her Law exams to visit sooner. Probably because GD, who had been following her around the University campus, had been giving her news about Sandie. She could remember her last conversation with him.

 

”Your sister is doing well as the leader of Tigers. She had managed to resolve the issue with your father but of course, with a lot of help from me,” GD had told her one morning when she was in the courtyard trying to study and he just popped in out of nowhere and sat across from her.

 

Darie had already heard about it. Sandie had finally gathered enough evidence to prove her father’s innocence and bust out the traitor who had been working stealthily against the society. He was a small ranking member of the Tigers who turned out to be a half brother of one of the Wolves’ members that was killed during that war with the Dragons. He had been playing his cards really well. He was smart. But he underestimated Sandie. He had been on guard when her father was still in power but when Sandie took over, he became relaxed in his game thinking Sandie wouldn’t get it. Wouldn’t get him. That was his mistake. Sandie may not be smart but she was very cunning and she can understand how a cunning mind works.

 

It had been a shock to her to hear that this man was a member of the organization who had used Jang Hyun Seung to kill GD, the future leader of the Dragons. And when that didn’t work, they tried to use other means. By creating suspicion inside the Society. By directing that suspicion to the former leader of the Tigers. Dave Park was a force to reckon with. And he was powerful. But he is nothing without the Society. The result is not immediate but he already planted the seed and he watched it grow. He must’ve been dancing with glee when his plan started to work.

 

It was a mess at that time that GD never left her side and if he did, he made sure there are two of his trusted friends around her. The Society members were already fighting amongst themselves.

 

“So why’re you still here?” Darie asked wryly.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Sandie managed to get the peace within the Society and regained their trust in each other,” Darie said. “So why’re you still here? Isn’t your job in being my body guard already over and I can finally regain my normal life?” Not that she wanted to. She was telling him this to annoy him and see what he will do. Like she does every damn day. What do you know? She became a habitual liar.

 

GD’s gloating smile faded a little. She hasn’t softened her attitude towards him at all. It has already been a month since he became her shadow in this school and yet it seemed like she will never forgive him. Despite that intense kiss the first day of re-appearing in her life, she became colder and colder. “I’ll leave when your father told me it’s safe for me to leave you.”

 

Darie gave him a wry expression while fighting the urge to smile as she remembered the phone conversation she had with her dad last night.

 

“I can get GD off your back now, honey,” her dad told her after the news that his name is finally cleared.

 

“That’s good news, dad but… I think I need GD a little bit more,” she answered.

 

Her dad was silent for a second. “I thought you’re still mad at him? I heard him griping about that.”

 

Darie grinned at the thought of GD griping. “I am. And he still needs to suffer until I’m satisfied.”

 

“Oh please!!” Came a distant voice of Sandie.

 

Darie paused. “Dad! Am I on speakerphone?” Darie asked when she recognized her sister’s voice.

 

“Yes, I’m in the car with your sister.”

 

“Crap,” Darie muttered.

 

“Just tell GD you want him around and get it over with,” Sandie said sounding cross. “Why’dya have to lie?”

 

“Like the way you’re lying about every muscle pain and illness just so you could go to the hospital where Donghae works?”

 

She heard Sandie gasp. “How the hell did you know about that?!”

 

“You weren’t really being very stealthy about it,” Darie said. “Mom is getting worried when she heard you had been visiting the hospital three times in a week.”

 

“I… I need to get the other Tigers do a check up too!”

 

“Right.”

 

“Girls,” her father interrupted before it turned into a full blown argument. Sandie immediately shut up and Darie smiled. It’s an advantage to be on the other end of the line.

 

“Anyway, dad,” Darie said. “I still need GD.”

 

Her father sighed and Darie could practically hear him muttering about the comllexity of his daughters’ minds. “Alright. He’s still the leader of the Dragons. And he’s responsible enough to know when he needs to leave.”

 

“And when do you think that will be?” Darie asked GD.

 

“How the hell would I know?” GD retorted sounding grumpy.

 

“Why are you taking orders from a retired member of the Society, anyway?” Darie continued still trying to goad him. “Aren’t you a leader of the Dragons? A powerful leader of a powerful clan?”

 

“Your father may be retired but he is still a respected figure in the Society.”

 

“So you’re not really a leader if your decision is still based off a respected figure in the Society.”

 

GD slammed the table with his hand looking really annoyed at her. “I still want to be here, okay? I still want to be your shadow for as long as I can be your shadow. Is that what you want to hear?”

 

“No, that is not what I want to hear,” Darie said not even flinching.

 

GD sighed loudly as he studied Darie’s unsmiling face. “I want to stay here because I love you,” he finally said. “And It’s driving me nuts when I think of leaving you.”

 

Darie smirked before gathering her books and standing up. GD just watched her as she left the courtyard without a word and he sighed again. This has been the nth time that he told her that. Come to think of it, Darie is always making him say that. Didn’t she believe him?

 

Darie could finally let the wide smile bloom on her face as she headed to her next class. She would never get enough of hearing him say that but of course, like what she told her dad, GD still needs to suffer a little bit more before giving in.

 

She had to admit. This had been fun.

 

But this. This is no longer fun. In fact, she regretted having fun at all. Her sister and GD…. She doesn’t even want to think that something bad could’ve happened to them.

 

Ambushed. That’s what they said. They could no longer contact any of the members. Her dad wasn’t informed yet. And neither is GD’s. Some of the members in the Snake Clan had followed and returned with lost members. It had been a trap.

 

And Sandie and GD had fell for it.

 

Darie covered her face with her hand wanting to cry but wanted to be strong. She wanted to stay positive. Sandie and GD are strong. And they were stronger when they were together. When it comes to strength, they were the two individuals that the society looked up to. So no. Nothing could ever happen to them.

 

Yes, they are strong. But they are not invincible.

 

Shut the hell up!

 

She threaded her fingers through her hair wanting to yell at the members waiting for some news. They were talking in serious voices and yet that conversation… that planning doesn’t involve rescuing. Hell, they’re only talking about revenge. She had already asked about twenty times if all Society will get in there and rescue her sister and GD but they all just looked at her in a strange way and she even heard one of them asking why she was there when she wasn’t even a member of the society.

 

Too bad they can’t kick her out because she is still the daughter of Dave Park and the sister of Sandie Park.

 

“We already sent some men.” Darie’s eyes went to the man leaning on the counter drinking some wine casually. She couldn’t remember the name but she knew him to be one of the Lion’s clan. And he probably read what she wanted to yell out on the expression on her face. “This isn’t just a fight that you can easily go into. They are not some thugs on the street. These group are professionals. If we go in there, we’d be slaughtered. GD and Sandie knew that. The minute they realized it was an ambush, they are not expecting to be rescued. They will expect the Society to fight at the right time. Even without them.”

 

Darie felt the panic doubled as she understood exactly what he is saying. How can these people be so… blasé about death of a family? Aren’t the society a family?

 

“It’s the way of the Society, Ms. Park,” the Lion Clan member continued with a benign expression on his face. “You can think of it as… a military. And the members are soldiers.”

 

“The Society isn’t fighting for the country.”

 

The man gave a lopsided smile. “The Society is fighting for the Society. We have our own rules. Our own codes. We have our own war. Some justified, some don’t.  This is our world, Ms. Park. I had been pretty sure you already understood that.”

 

Yes i already did! She wanted to scream at him but couldn’t. She just didn’t think she would experience going through it earlier than later. Sandie… if Sandie survived this, she swear she will never argue with her ever again! And GD…. GD, please come back to me. That’s the only thing she could pray for. For them to come back safe.

 

And alive.

 

She had her hands clasped tightly together when she heard a noise outside. All of the members turned alert.

 

“They’re here,” one of the members announced after looking out the window. She stood rooted to the ground, afraid of what she will see. Or hear.

 

The door opened and Sandie entered looking really messy, some bruise on her lower lip but she looked pretty fine. “We need medics!” she immediately ordered. “There are injured members on the truck and—” she stopped when she spotted Darie standing rigidly by the bar. “Darie?”

 

But Darie’s eyes fell on GD who was behind Sandie. GD looked like he had been in a brawl. Which he was anyway. The side of his face was swollen and he was holding his shoulder that looked like it was bleeding. Darie could feel the air rushing out of her lungs. GD paused then frowned when he saw her too. “What the hell are you doing here?” He looked like he was about to scold her.

 

But Darie practically ran to him and just slammed her lips on his. He only winced a little but then s his uninjured arm around her waist and started kissing her back. He could get used to this welcome.

 

Sandie made a face as she witnessed her sister’s make out session with GD. “Geez, sis. I’m fine. Thank you for your concern.” She grimaced some more when it looked like they are too busy to pay attention to her. “Ugh.” Then noticed that some of the members around them aren’t moving. She gave a loud clap and they all jumped. “Medics?” She repeated her order earlier and they all immediately scrambled. Sandie gave her sister and GD one last grimace before going to her office to give a report. GD seemed to forget about it. Including the knife wound on his shoulder. Well, she could spare him today. He did took the knife that was meant for her.

 

“Goddamit,” GD said as he took the knife off his shoulder with a loud curse as Sandie dragged him behind a pillar for cover as the sound of shots are being fired everywhere. “I should’ve told Darie to start dating that who kept on asking her out. Maybe I could’ve seen her happy before I died.”

 

“Shut the up,” Sandie told him as she tried to wrap the piece of clothing she tore from her coat on GD’s knife wound. “Darie would kill you herself if she heard you saying that. And you’re not going to die yet. We are not going to die. We have plan B, you idiot.”

 

Sandie had already discussed the possibility of betrayal with GD which is why they had planted some Dragons and Tigers stationed around the warehouse where the treaty between the Thai mafia and the Society are going to be held. And she was right. There was something in that Thai’s eyes that didn’t sit well with her and she was thankful she listened to her instinct. They never told the other clans in fear that one of them would slip. But the Thai’s were also ready. They had barely gotten out alive. She lost two members and GD lost one but they made sure their bodies are going back to their families as they boarded the big truck after the slaughter. The Thai’s boss wasn’t even there for her to kill with her bare hands.

 

But she will one of these days.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Darie cupped GD’s face with her hand and looked at him with concern. “Am I hurting you?”

 

“Hell no,” GD answered hoarsely.

 

Darie’s eyes fell on her bleeding shoulder and she tried to move away but he tightened his hold on her waist. “You should get that treated.”

 

“Not after you tell me what that is all about,” GD said, his eyes on her.

 

“Isn’t it obvious already?” Darie said. “If something had happened to you, I would’ve… regret playing you around for the rest of my life.”

 

“Playing me around?”

 

Darie looked at him in the eye. “Please stay with me,” she asked almost pleadingly. “I don’t want a normal life if that means I couldn’t have you with me. I might be worried sick everytime you’re out there… doing whatever the society is doing but… that’s part of you. It’s actually the whole of you. From the moment I met you, you’re screaming Gangster Life and… that’s something I won’t ever change because that’s you. And the only thing I could ask of you is for you to stay with me.” Then shook her head to correct herself. “No.” She looked at him beseechingly. “Let me stay with you. Please.”

 

GD was gaping at her little confession but then smirked. “You’ve been playing cold-shoulder on me for so long I thought you really hated me. Wow. You’re becoming better in acting.”

 

“Jiyong!” Darie whined using his real name and GD’s smirk turn into a soft smile.

 

“I was really serious when I told you I’d be happy if you would date someone else. I’d actually prefer that,” GD said. “But you do remember what I said when I told you what I would do if you will really choose me?”

 

Darie’s forehead creased trying to recall. She had made him confess to her so many times she forgot which one he was referring to.

 

“I told you I’ll never be able to find a reason to give you up,” GD graciously made her remember. “So last chance, Darie Park. Do you really want to stay with me?”

 

“I already chose you since I was seventeen, you moron,” Darie said. “Do you really think I would let you go when you came back after leaving? Clearly you don’t know me.”

 

GD smiled widely as he slowly leaned over. “Clearly,” he whispered against before giving her a soft kiss.

 

“I love you, Kwon Jiyong,” Darie whispered then stepped back from him as she gave him a stern look. “But you need to go to the hospital. I can’t have you bleeding to death.”

 

“I guess that will defeat the purpose of letting you stay with me, huh,” GD said with a wince. The bleeding receded but it still hurts like hell.

 

Darie just gave him a wry smile then looked around with a puzzled look. She had been so consumed with relief of GD being alive that she forgot that there are a lot of people here.

 

But then the room is already empty. “Where’s everybody? Where’s Sandie?”

 

As if on cue, a door opened and Sandie came out. She had just gotten finished with her call with her dad. “Next time, get a room.”

 

Darie laughed and ran to hug her sister. “I’m so glad you’re safe.”

 

“You’re a tad little late for the sincerity,” she told her but hugged her back. “But thanks anyway. I guess I’d probably congratulate GD for successfully capturing you in his web.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter