CHAPTER 1

She's My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Speeding up on the highway like she owns it, she swerved dangerously on the right almost causing vehicular accident right at 21 Avenue and she just laughed hearing all the angry honks of the cars behind her, no doubt cursing at her reckless driving. It’ll be a lot more exciting if a police will chase her. Then she could really test the speed of her new baby.

 

Unfortunately, no form of authorities considered her a nuisance as she arrived safely at her school, YG High, and she could feel the smooth glide of her new transportation on the asphalt. She could see her friends, Woo Bin, Bom, and Young-kwang already at the parking lot hanging around CL’s red car, laughing and talking. Some of the students already scampered away when they saw her but she barely noticed. Her friends’ chatter came to an abrupt halt when she stopped in front of them and took the helmet off her head  letting her hair flap in the wind.

Woo Bin, who was leaning on the adjacent car, whistled. “Where in the hell did you get that?”

Sandie smirked arrogantly and caressed the handle of her new Ducati 899 Panigale. “Dad gave it to me for an advanced birthday gift.” Or badgered her dad to buy it as a gift for her 18th birthday which he had finally gave into last night.

 

“Your birthday won’t be until after two months from now,” CL said with a smirk.

 

“What can I say? Dad loves me,” Sandie said swiging her leg off her bike and kicking the stand.

 

“I wish your dad would adopt me,” Woo Bin commented his eyes gazing at the bike with lust.

 

Sandie looked around and then turned to Young Kwang who also had his eyes glued at the machinery. “Where’s HyunSeung?”

 

HyunSeung is her best friend who she practically grew up with because his father used to be a member of her father’s organization and constantly at their house discussing something with her dad. That is before he died.

 

Young-kwang shrugged. “Beats me. I think he’s skipping.”

 

Sandie sighed heavily. Eversince Hyunseung’s father died in a shooting accident two years ago, he’d become so bitter and full of anger and hate that he doesn’t seem to be the same kid who brought her sandwiches for lunch when they were in grade school. Now he seems to be just a shadow of his former self.

 

A sound of a car approaching made her turn and she immediately put her guard up, crossing her arms over her chest as she watched the new comers try to find a parking space on the lot, which is not really difficult as their usual parking space seems to be always empty as the students see it as their marked territory.

 

Like theirs.

 

The first people to get out of the black lamborghini was a tall guy with his hair neatly in place followed by another tall guy wearing sunglasses and adjusting the tie on his school uniform. Soo Hyuk and TOP. And the guy stepping out of the driver’s seat, and one who owns it, was the boy she considered her rival in terms of power in ruling this school. Jiyong “GD” Kwon. The bane of her existence.

 

And also the son of the man responsible for the death of HyunSeung’s father.

 

GD, as he preferred to be called, glanced at her way and gave her an arrogant smirk before following the other two walking towards the entrance of the school building with their conceited gait.

 

“I hate them,” Sandie said with narrowed eyes directed at their back.

 

“Why?” CL asked with a grin, not really understanding her hate on GD’s gang.

 

“Because there can’t be two kings to rule a kingdom and this kingdom belongs to me,” Sandie said.

 

Her friends just shook their head and they proceeded to get out of their comfortable spot when the bell rang.

 

“C’mon,” Bom said taking her bag from CL’s car.

 

Some of the students avoided them when they walked inside the entrance, some  practically plastered themselves on the wall when they passed by and Sandie tried to hold her smirk from showing. This school is flooded with wealthy students. Kids of politicians and kids whose parents are working for the triad. A high school who teaches good manners and right conduct but get bribed from administering disciplinary actions on wayward students.

 

Especially the daughter of the most powerful triad leader that has become famous for pulling the Robin Hood act with the poor but ruthless and unforgiving to his enemies. That’s her. Sandie Park. She had grown to love the fear and respect his father exudes so when she stepped into grade school, she tried to imitate her father’s commanding presence.

 

Which is not really hard since practically all of the citizens knew Dave Park and they all learned to stay away from her wrath. Mainly because she always uses her father’s name to incite fear. Until she already made a name for herself as the embodient of dread and terror among the teenage peers in this city.

 

She wasn’t really that ruthless of course unless she’s provoked. Her power probably started when somebody attempted to kidnap her when she was a freshman right outside the front gate of the school but she had managed to fight him off, making use of the massive judo, taekwondo, and boxing training her father had put her in since she was nine. The man was alone, probably thinking he can succeed in abducting a hundred pound girl easily but boy, was he wrong. The suspect became the victim as she beat him bloody, breaking a bone or two. A lot of people witnessed that scene and coined her as ruthless and as unforgiving as Dave Park. That was when she started to rule high school. Especially when she became friends with the kids of her father’s group, the Tiger Clan, making them the strongest, most feared students in YG High. Just a look from her made any students buckle. Especially bullies. She loved to rough them up a bit. Well, she can also be a bully to bullies because it doesn’t make her feel guilty. In fact, it made her feel like a jury passing on judgment to rule breakers. Yes. She ruled the school.

 

Except that there’s another group who seems to rival her power. Another leader to fight her for the throne of this school. GD Kwon. The son of the man who has the same power as her father in the triad.

 

And he also have a group backing him up. Also the sons of the triad members, the Dragons Clan. But what irritates Sandie the most is that this arrogant little pretends he doesn’t care about title when he all but threatened her about ruling this school when they were in Sophomore Year.

 

I own this school. And you will bow down to me like what your father does with my father.

 

 What a conceited little piece of…. She doesn’t remember where all this animosity started but they already hated each other’s guts even before they stepped into grade school. They always do the opposite of what the other is doing, always clashing. Their personalities perfectly matched that neither of them wants to step down for the other.

 

He wants a war, she’ll give him a war. Her father bowing down to his father? That’s bull especially because their parents hold the same power in the organization. And had been long time friends since they became a member of the society. Struggling members who had risen to power at the same time by helping each other. She knew that much because she tried to find everything she can find about the Mark Of The Seven Sign Society. There are currently 4 leaders in the organization. Her father holds the Tiger Clan. GD’s dad, holding the Dragon Clan, and the other two who had taken charge when their fathers died, Teddy Park holding the Snake Clan, and Tablo, the Lion Clan. The only thing she doesn’t know is what roles they play in the organization. Her father only shakes his head whenever she asked and told her she’s better off not knowing. The only piece of news she had obtained so far is the Robin-Hood kind of act done by her father by stealing millions from corrupt officials and giving them to the poor. It wasn’t proven that it was him, maybe because her father had a lot of connections, but the charges had all been dropped and her father walking free with the politician hiding away somewhere.

 

There used to be another leader in the organization holding the Wolves clan but he was killed and the group dispersed. That was HyunSeung’s father. Some say he was killed by the leader of the dragon clan for betrayal. Some say it was cold murder because  of envy. None has been confirmed and just left his death as an accident leaving his family grieving.

 

The death of the Wolves leader left HyunSeung bitter and hateful towards the Dragons and he had never forgiven them until now.

 

She went inside the classroom for first period though she doesn’t know what subject it’s gonna be since she had never really paid any attention. She was about to go to her usual seat at the very back when a student who was so busy chatting with his seatmate stretched out his leg that ended with Sandie tripping over it. She practically fell on her face but thanks to her reflexes, she had managed to stay upright.

 

The class turned silent with only the sound of CL’s snort, who’s in the same class as her, can be heard but she just continued towards her seat to watch the fate of the student who tried to trip Sandie Park. The male student who stretched his leg at the wrong time had his eyes and mouth wide open in terror as Sandie loomed over him as she stretched her neck side to side before looking at him.

 

The Student immediately stood up and bowed so many times it made Sandie dizzy watching him. “I’m sorry, Ms. Park. I’m sorry!”

 

“Ms. Park forgives you. Sit down.” A voice suddenly said and they turned to find GD, who unfortunately shares the same first period with her, smirking as he entered.

 

The student sat down, his back rigid straight and Sandie spoke without looking at the student, her eyes fixed in a glare at GD’s arrogant face. “No, I haven’t, Stand up.”

 

The student stood up again looking more scared at the minute. GD rolled his tongue inside his cheek as he came near. “What, you’re gonna let him stand throughout the class?”

 

“Just as you have made a student face the wall the entire day last week.” Sandie bit back.

 

GD let out a small chuckle. “He deserves it.” Then he placed his hand on the studen’t shoulder and pushed him down on the seat. “This one don’t.”

 

Sandie grabbed the student’s sleeve and pulled him up again still trying to keep her cool as she fixed her eyes in his face. “What makes you say he doesn’t?”

 

“He did it to you. So whatever he did would be undeserving of any punishment.”

 

Sandie was the one who rolled her tongue inside her cheek this time as the arrogance of this guy who thinks he can display his authority and power over her will work. She turned to the student as she said in a low voice. “Get out.”

 

The student immediately took his bag even while GD’s hand is on his shoulder and Sandie’s on the sleeve of his uniform.

 

“Stay,” GD said.

 

“Aish!” the student finally complained with a face. “You guys need to decide what you want me to do!” Then he realized his outburst when Sandie and GD both looked at him with their eyes void of any humor. He pursed his lips as he tried to say the words but came out soundless in sudden fear of his remaining life. “I’m sorry. Please ignore me.”

 

“You’re encroaching in my territory,” Sandie told GD with gritted teeth.

 

“This school is mine,” GD responded with a non-humorous smile. “Everything your sight touches belongs to me.”

 

“The air you’re breathing belongs to me,” Sandie bit back. “You gotta be thankful you’re still alive.”

 

GD sighed as he removed his hands off the student’s shoulders. “Sandie, Sandie.” He shook his head mournfully. “Your threats are so cute it makes me wonder if you’re really worth the opponent for me to waste time on.” He then put his hands in his pockets and walked past her to get to his seat leaving Sandie seething. Cute?!! She hated that word. Especially when it comes from him. She glared at the student wanting to vent. “You’d better go home with a horde of your bodyguards later.” She grabbed his ID to look at his name. “Seung-hoon Lee.” A senator son. She could remember every kid in this school. She dropped the ID and turned away to go to her desk tying not to look at GD’s chair near the window wearing that stupid smirk on his pesky face while the student practically fainted in his seat.

 

The teacher walked in and halted in confusion when he found the room eerily quiet. “Good… morning?”

 

Sandie tuned him out and just slouched in her chair while crossing her legs as she looked at her phone wondering how many hours she would have to endure this boring class.

 

Miraculously, it only lasted an hour. She asked CL as they walked out of the room. “This class is only an hour?”

 

CL gave her a wry look. “Classes always lasts for an hour since we stepped into high school. What are you, an idiot?”

 

Sandie looked surprised at that. “Whoa. Really? I thought they are holding classes for three hours because that’s what it feels like everyday.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter