Chapter 8

The Player

CHODING'S RAPPING!! O W O

 

--

 

Everybody met up at school the next day. Our luggages were all sent ahead of us (yayyyy) so we were free of our heavy load. Also, we were allowed to wear our own clothes and not the school uniform, so I was decked out in my favourite hoodie, shorts with tights and a fluffy jacket to protect me from the cold. Not forgetting my warm boots of course.

 

I couldn't see Dongwoo and Woohyun, because they were over at the seniors side, but Hoya was right beside me. A purple scarf was wrapped around his neck, and he was wearing a simple jacket over his warm sweater and a pair of black jeans.

 

“Where's Myungsoo?!” He asked, and squatted down on the ground, hands in his pockets, complaining about how the weather is making his fingers drop off.

 

“Over here.” Myungsoo walked up to us and set down a beanie on my head. “And you forgot this.” he smirked.

 

“Oh, thanks Myungsoo-ah!” I thanked him, and he gave an smile so sweet I could feel his fangirls growling at me from behind.

 

 

“Alright everybody, get your lazy asses on the bus~” Jiyong-sunssaengnim waved us into the bus. We clambered onto the bus and immediately I took the last seat at the back, so that I could sit with both Myungsoo and Hoya. Well, who doesn't want to sit with two hot guys?!

 

Anyway, when we FINALLY reached our destination, I scrambled out of the bus with anticipation.

 

“YAYYYYY WE'RE HERE!!” I shouted, and got shushed by the teachers.

 

The resort was humongous – I stared at it for at least ten minutes with my mouth agape.

 

“Omg what the hell this thing can fit a billion people.” I babbled to L.

 

Just then, Woohyun walked over with Dongwoo. Some of my girl classmates gasped when they saw their handsome faces and started nudging each other.

 

“Guys, bad news.” Woohyun said. “I heard from the teachers – ”

 

“You mean you forced it out of the teachers.” Dongwoo cut in.

 

Woohyun coughed. “Yeah as I was saying, the teachers separated the school into groups for the first 2 days, and GUESS WHAT. They purposely separated us because we were too cute together!!”

 

“He meant too noisy and rowdy.” Dongwoo interrupted again.

 

“Whaaaaaat?!” I pouted. I didn't wanted to be separated from Hoya.. and, erm, the rest. “Then.. then.. what about the third and fourth days??”

 

“We'll be traveling back on the fourth day, so yeah, we only have one day together!!” Woohyun made a puffer fish with his cheeks.

 

“Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!”

 

“Yeeeeeeees, _______-haksaeng, now get your luggage into the resort please.” The teacher shooed me and I had no choice but to resign to my pathetic fate.

 

 

 

 

My fate wasn't that pathetic after all.

 

I had fun with my girlfriends in the day time, gossiping and chatting about hot guys (cough hoya cough), and at night I snuck out to eat ramen with Myungsoo and Hoya, at the nearby village.

 

Plus, the resort was like, stocked with everything, from arcades to bowling arenas, and they have free hot chocolate. So all was fine.

 

“Okay brats,” Jiyong-ssaeng told us on the night of the second day. “Your free time starts from tomorrow 7am. Your curfew is 12am SHARP. I tell you, sharp. It was supposed to be 8pm, but well, thank me.”

 

Everyone cheered. I could hear Dongwoo's Kenya laugh.

 

“I trust that you guys won't get into trouble, don't make me eat my words. Okay goodnight people.” He ended off abruptly and dismissed us.

 

My friend beside me scoffed. “Who would wake up at 7am man? Everyone's gonna wake up at like 12pm.”

 

“I'M gonna wake up at 7am.” I frowned at her. “I wanna go see the performance in the village at 11!!”

 

“Then wake up at 10 or something!” She gave me a look of utter confusion, like she couldn't understand early birds.

 

“Yeah, logically that's what I'd do..” I replied. But I still had a tough, tough job to do every morning..

 

 

NEXT MORNING

 

“WAKE UPPPPPPPPPPPPP!” I yelled at Hoya.

 

Yeah, this is my tough job. Waking them up.

 

I was hollering into the ears of Myungsoo and Hoya, and I still have another two to go (Dongwoo the log sleeper and Woohyun). It was 10 already, and even though I told them to be awake by 9. Boys, urgh.

 

“Hnnpphfffffff.” Hoya mumbled and turned over.

 

I changed target. “MYUNGSOO AHHHH YOUR FANGIRLS ARE COMING IN!”

 

“Huh what where how?!” L sat up at once, rubbing his sleepy eyes. Yes, success!

 

I pushed him into the toilet and returned to Hoya. The way he slept was unlike his player style – he always slept very neatly. For an example of an untidy person; Myungsoo. I looked over at Myungsoo's bed and sighed. It was like a wild dog came in and messed everything up.

 

Anyway, back to Hoya. I bounced on his bed like some mad person, but he still ignored me, so I started pulling at his arms.

 

“Wake! Up! Pa! Bo!” I said with every pull.

 

Suddenly, Hoya grabbed my arms instead, and yanked me, right into his embrace.

 

“Shut up.” He said, half-asleep, and hugged me closer.

 

 

No words could express my shock at that time. I was so astonished, I just laid transfixed on his chest, scared to move, and scared to make a sound in case he wakes up. How contradictory is that?

 

On the other hand, I felt butterflies in my stomach, like a typical girlfriend with her boyfriend. His warm chest was so comforting and his grip made me feel so secure..

 

Oh my god my mind is driving me crazy.
 

But who cares, just let me lie here awhile more..

 

 

L chose that time to come out of the toilet, slamming the door behind him. I jumped at least three meters into the air and quickly wrenched myself out of Hoya's embrace.

 

I think I must have used all my strength, because Hoya woke up straight away, too. He stretched, and saw me sitting on the edge of his bed with a aggravated expression.

 

“I see a monster.” He stated simply, pushed me off the bed and headed to the toilet like a zombie.

 

I resisted the urge to punch him right in the face.

 

“What are you doing here ________-ah?” L said, pulling off his shirt and wearing a new sweater. He can't seem to remember who woke him up.

 

“Good morning to you too.” I checked the time. 11. Wonderful. Fantastic.

 

 

AN HOUR LATER..

 

“Mianhae jagiya, don't be angry~” Woohyun said between mouthfuls of his lunch.

 

I folded my arms and huffed.

 

“Yah, if Myungsoo and I rushed we would have gotten there in time.” Hoya said. He doesn't seem to remember his half-awake state just now too. Fortunately for me..

 

“Blame Dongwoo – he even sleeps through an airplane take-off.” Myungsoo commented.

 

Dongwoo grinned apologetically. “Sorry _____-ah~”

 

I exhaled. No point staying angry with them right? Especially with four adorable boys wearing fat bulky winter jackets. (A/N: See Birth of a Family ep 7!! Kekeke :p)

 

“Forget it, let's just faster start skiing.”

 

 

“Er guys, I forget to mention..” I started, looking down at the height of the ski hill and immediately getting cold feet. Myungsoo, Hoya, Woohyun and Dongwoo were all experts in skiing, so they started from all the way up at the top. “This is my first time skiing.”

 

Woohyun and Dongwoo looked at me like I was making a joke. Then they saw my pale white face.

 

“Goodness, ______-ah, you come all the way up here and tell us you don't know how to ski?!” Woohyun stifled a laugh.

 

“Ah, that's right! I forgot that you haven't skied before.” Myungsoo suddenly remembered.

 

“I was about to tell you guys, but Howon's babies kept swarming over us.” I complained. Girls kept approaching him, and he kept giving out his number like water. Grrrrrrrrr.

 

Hoya sighed loudly and stuck out his arm in front of me.

 

I pointed at it, puzzled. “What's this for?”

 

“I'll guide you.” He said, coolly. And when he saw me hesitating, he muttered, “Yah, pali!”

 

I hid my blush as I reached for his hand, thinking that Hoya could actually be a gentleman too. Well he is, but with that player attitude of his..

 

Just as I was about to hold his hand, Woohyun hooked onto my arm like a adorable koala and said, “Hold on a second. She's coming with me!”

 

Myungsoo chose this moment to start arguing too. “Hyung, I don't doubt your skiing skills, but I'm afraid _____will die if you guide her. She's coming with me. Right _____?”

 

I coughed. “I think -”

 

“Yah, I'm her best friend! She should go with me.” Hoya placed his arm around me.

 

“I'm also her best friend!” Myungsoo snapped back.

 

“Let's not forget her future boyfriend...”

 

“WHAT FUTURE BOYFRIEND?!” Myungsoo and Hoya shouted at the same time.

 

“.......” I was stuck between three cute, no doubt, handsome, definitely, but absolutely annoying guys. Good grief.

 

“DONGWOO OPPA, LET'S GO.” I said and linked arms with Dongwoo, dragging him off into another corner of the hill.

 

--