Chapter 9

The Player

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!! :D
Hope you guys had a great countdown! 

Choding's 'saranghae~' YAKKKKKK XD

Okay enjoy reading the newest chapt! ^^

 

--

--

It was nightfall when we finished our skiing session.

 

I swear, I almost died.

 

Although Dongwoo was a great help, I think I'd fallen down at least 50 times. Once, I slipped and fell on my bum, causing so much laughter to erupt from Hoya and Woohyun that everyone stared at them hooting like mad people.

 

Another time, I slipped and pulled Dongwoo along with me, so that we were barreling down the slope like two snowballs. The two didn't stop laughing for 1 hour straight. Even Myungsoo had to cover his face to stop himself from becoming like those two.

 

Shut up already Howon!!” I complained when Hoya suddenly erupted into laughter. We reached the village after changing out of our ski attire, and he was still laughing.

 

Anyway, we browsed around the area, playing carnival games, taking pictures and eating ice cream. Sungjong told me to get something back for him, so we looked around the souvenir shops too.

 

We were heading into the street food stalls, when I heard screaming and shrieking. Familiar sounds of screaming and shrieking. No, not when I'm about to eat my dukbokki.....

 

I turned around and came face to face with a hoard of girls.

 

That's the Hoya right? That one with the purple scarf?” One of them asked. “Omo the legendary nappun namja (bad boy)!!!!”

 

Another pointed at L. “That's the gay one!” - L snorted at this - “Who cares, he's still hot!”

 

I thought they were going to end here, but others started whispering about Woohyun and Dongwoo too. I felt so awkward – standing with a bunch of pretty boys.

 

Myungsoo noticed my uncomfortable expression. He grabbed my wrist. “_______-ah, let's get out of here before – “

 

HOYA-OPPA, CAN I HAVE YOUR NUMBER PLEASE? ;) ;) ;) “ Some of them shouted. Hoya smirked, but then frowned when he saw the amount of girls.

 

Woah, too many for me to handle. Hyung, you handle them.” He said, and pushed poor Dongwoo into the crowd of fangirls. They immediately started screaming and shrieking.

 

I stared in horror at the power of fan girls. (A/N: Yeah cause that's what I'd do too if I saw them. LOL.) Some were even heading towards me, because they knew I would have valuable information of them, aka phone number, house address.

 

Run, pabo!” Hoya shouted at me.

 

I ran.

 

I mean, then what else would I have done? Get trampled to death?!

 

Woohyun grabbed my hand – I nearly spazzed – and sped me away. I had expected him and Hoya to stay behind and hand out their number like autographs, but I guess there were too many girls with raging hormones for them to handle.

 

When I turned back to look at the current situation, I saw some of them invading Myungsoo's personal space and asking if he really was gay, and others flirting with Dongwoo like a boss.

 

And Hoya were nowhere in sight. Fast legs much?

 

 

 

Oppa, slow down!! We're gonna reach Seoul in a few minutes if you continue with this speed!” I huffed and puffed.

 

Woohyun finally noticed that I was almost dying and stopped. “Mianhae ______-ah, I forgot that I was so athletic.”

 

I rolled my eyes at him. “Anyway, I don't think we'll be going back to that area for quite some time.. but..” My stomach growled. “I'm still hungry.”

 

Me too,” he pouted. “But that's like, the food area.”

 

NOOOOOO I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT FOOOOOOOD!!”

 

You're becoming a second Dongwoo!” Woohyun chuckled. “Okay fine fine, let's walk around and see if we could find something to eat.”

 

He grabbed my shoulder and skipped along. I was blushing, which was odd because I'd known Woohyun for quite some time, and always linked arms with him, so he was like a brother.

 

But this time, I got butterflies in my stomach like I never had. Well, other than that time with Hoya. Oh shut up mind, about Hoya. Who's Hoya? Who? Who?! The one with the nice chest muscles. Urghhh

 

Oh! Is that Dongwoo I see?!” Woohyun suddenly perked up. “DONGWOO HYUNG!!” he said and ran off in a direction.

 

Pshhh, he didn't wait for me....” I muttered under my breath.

 

So I continued walking and debating in my mind about butterflies. Then I spotted something.

 

Is that Howon?” I thought, because I saw a glimpse of a purple scarf behind some buildings. I ran in that direction, just in time to see two figures lurking behind the buildings.

 

It was him. He must have escaped successfully then. But beside him was.. another girl.

 

I felt a twinge of jealousy. I know, I know, I'm not supposed to be jealous anymore. But in any case, they seemed to be deep in their conversing, and I was jealous. I wanted to head right out there and drag Hoya away.

 

But the weird thing was, it's a girl, and a very pretty one too. And he was just standing there. Talking. Nothing more. No kissing, no hugging, no being a player.

 

I'm telling you, I. Don't. Like. You. Go away.” I heard Hoya say. Weird, because usually he would at once whisk her away to a hotel.

 

But you are the Hoya right? That ultimate player who won't reject pretty girls like me.” The girl swished her hair annoyingly. She looked older – most probably a college student? “Well, I don't care if you have other girls – I still want to be with you.”

 

And then she practically pulled him into a bear hug and kissed him.

 

I was used to it, actually. So my reaction was just like =_______= *covers eyes*.

 

But Hoya grabbed her shoulders (painfully, from her expression) and shoved her away. She fell to the ground, completely surprised by his actions. Hoya scoffed and turned his back on her.

 

LEE HOWON!” She shouted and I was like you did not just say that.

 

There's a reason why Hoya is called Hoya now, you know. I didn't thought that someone like that would know his full name.

 

Hoya's facial expression changed, melting from a solemn expression into something like a sly look. He bent down towards her, and gently held her up so that their faces were less than 2cm apart. “I'm sorry jagiya, do you need a kiss for an apology?”

 

That girl looked proud, like she achieved his love or whatnot. But that was before Hoya head butted her. (A/N: Ouch.)

 

OWWW WHAT WAS THAT FOR –“ she shrieked, but stopped when Hoya towered over her, with a dark presence.

 

Yah, you think you're my standard? Sorry, I don't date old hags. er.” He smirked. Old hag?! How could he say that?! He started to walk away, but I saw tears forming under the rim of the girl's eyes.

 

That's enough.

 

 

 

Keumanhae, Howon.” I stepped out from behind the trashcans, which would have been funny if not for the tense atmosphere.

 

He shot me a look of warning. Don't spoil my act now.

 

That's enough!” I shouted. “Don't you think you have hurt enough girls by now?”

 

Hoya glared at me and I flinched. He was really serious. “What rights do you have to stop me?”

 

Every right to stop someone from hurting others!”

 

Oh yeah?” Hoya demanded. “Then why didn't anyone stop HER?”

 

Um,” the girl from before said. “Me?”

 

No not you, gtfo.” Hoya growled and she scooted off.

 

SHE'S GONE, HOWON-AH.” I shouted, releasing the feelings I've kept inside ever since that day. I couldn't say it out before, because I was afraid of hurting him and bringing back ugly memories to him. But... “She won't come back to hurt you anymore. So why can't you just – “

 

You don't know anything.” Hoya said, his words cutting through the air like a sharp dagger.

 

Oh ______-ah, it wasn't Dongwoo, it was just a dinosaur. Oh Hoya, there you are!” Woohyun smiled and ran over. Then he realized something was wrong – I was panting in anger and Hoya had a murderous aura. “Wait. What's wrong with you two?”

 

I continued. “I don't know anything? Oh, oh yeah right. Your best friend for around ten years. Who has seen you in a state worse than this.” A lump in my throat formed, and tears eventually tumbled down my cheeks. To see the person you love love someone else, get stepped on like a toy, and then becoming a horrible player who doesn't care a about girls.

 

I was too choked up to say anything, but I managed to say a few words before I stormed off.

 

You don't know anything, Howon-ah. About how worried Myungsoo and I were.”

 

I walked away, rubbing away my tears harshly. Hoya stalked off in the other direction. Woohyun was speechless, so he stood transfixed to the ground, looking at the shadows of both of us.

 

 

 

 

In the end he followed me, probably because my face looked more like dumpling as compared to Hoya's.

 

I squatted down in a corner. Stop crying. Why are you crying? If someone is to cry, it should be Hoya. I forced my tears to stop.

 

Woohyun bent down to eye level with me, and wiped away the remaining droplets on my cheek with his thumb. “Don't cry, _____-ah.” he said, and did his bunny aegyo.

 

I ignored that. “I don't want him to be sad too. I.. ” I said, but messed up the last part because the lump in my throat was coming back.

 

Woohyun took one look at me and promptly pulled me into a hug. And I also promptly started crying all over again.

 

 

DRAMAAA X___X