Chapter 3

The Player

 

There won't be any updates for......... a week? I think? I'M SORRY T_T 
When I come back, I'll try my best to update asap. 
Thanks for subscribing everybody!!!! :D

 

 

--

Hoya exited the room after an estimated two hours. He was done with the girl, and was about to send her off when he saw his living room.

 

Talk about messy. o_o

 

Oh, you're out?” Sungyeol said, sprawled all over the floor. He was jabbing mindlessly at the remote control, flicking through the channels on the television.

 

Hoya ignored him and turned his attention to the rest of the surroundings. Potato chips and socks everywhere. Sunggyu and Myungsoo laying in a heap with Sungyeol and a bunch of snacks. Dongwoo attacking his fridge. Sulli and _______ playing with Sungjong's hair. Woohyun snoring on the couch. The whole place looked like an idol group's, Infinite, previous dorm.

 

And there can only be one culprit. Why that little..

 

 

Park... _____... ______....” Hoya shot a piercing glare at me.

 

Omona! Yah Sungjong, protect me!!!” I scuttled behind Sungjong, but he's so skinny I doubt he can even protect himself.

 

Sungjong looked at Hoya, gave me an adorable smile, and said, “Bye noona!” followed by “Yah Sulli, let's get out of here!”

 

The two of them dashed out of the house, with Sunggyu and Sungyeol following. I spotted the tiptoeing out of the house. Woohyun was still snoring on the couch.

 

Sorry hyung, it was her idea.” Myungsoo gave Hoya a half-frown, half-trying-not-to-laugh look.

 

Ohhhh no.

 

______!! How many times did I tell you, not to bring the whole gang here?! They'll mess up everything!” Hoya shouted at me. “And when I say everything, I mean everything!”

 

Well, I was bored!” I protested, sitting on the couch, and subsequently on Woohyun's stomach. With an oof, he woke up.

 

Good morning. What's happening here?”

 

Ask my best friend.” Hoya's expression was equivalent to a if-looks-could-kill-you-would-have-died-by-now expression.

 

I pouted. “Okay okay, naega jalmothetsuh. I'll clean up, okay?”

 

Hoya tried to show me an stern face, but it eventually softened. Seems like he couldn't stay angry with me for long, too. And, did I mentioned that when Hoya's pissed, he's really hot too? (A/N: *fangirls*)

 

I'll help too, since I was the one who gave her inspiration.. somehow..” Woohyun said.

 

Okay, go clean the toilet.” Hoya smirked.

 

YAH! _____'s the mastermind here, why are you asking me to do that?!”

 

I looked at Hoya and he grinned at me. “Because she's my best friend.”

 

Best friend, not girl friend, I thought to myself, crossing my arms. He doesn't think of me as a girl at all. I look like a girl don't I? I have big eyes, right?! I do aegyo, right?! And I wear a skirt to school everyday –

 

“– Hoya's best friend, can you get off me now?”

 

Oops!” I jumped up immediately, and saw a half-dead Woohyun clutching his poor stomach. “AHHH SORRY OPPA!”I gasped.

 

Seriously ______-ah, why are you always day-dreaming?” Hoya shook his head. “On someone's stomach too.”

 

In a swift movement, I threw the nearest object – a pillow – at Hoya' face. It went wham and smacked him straight in the face. Myungsoo and Woohyun burst out laughing.

 

Park _________, you are dead!!” Hoya grabbed the bamboo pillow that L loves and aimed at my head.

 

Yah, don't use my bamboo pillow!! Find something else!!” Myungsoo yelled, running after him, who was running after me, who was trying to get away from the scary monster aka Hoya. Woohyun just sat on the floor laughing uncontrollably, watching us run around like how we did when we were kids.

 

We were having so much fun, but I can't help but think to myself: Maybe, just maybe... I should move on..?

 

 

It was night by the time we finished cleaning up, especially the chips part. We all crashed onto the sofa, exhausted. Actually, I was the only one who was exhausted; the three of them looked perfectly fine. But hungry.

 

Hyung, go get dinner for us~” Myungsoo nudged Woohyun.

 

Yah, why me?!” Woohyun protested.

 

But you are the oldest.” Hoya stated simply.

 

WE'RE ONLY, LIKE, ONE MONTH APART!”

 

Just go, hyuuuuunnnggg~” Aegyo from Ho-aegi. I helped by using Woohyun's signature aegyo act, the bunny thingy, and eventually he gave up and went out to buy chicken for us.

 

LOVE YOU HYUNG!” The remaining three of us threw hearts at him.
(A/N: You know, namstar's favourite action. The make-a-heart-and-throw-it-at-the-fans thing :D)

 

L, sitting like a puppy on the ground, hugged his bamboo pillow and flipped through the television channels. Hoya and I sat on the sofa, my legs occupying most of his space. He didn't complain when I comfortably placed my feet on his thighs, like a boss.

 

The three of us were just chatting about everything and anything like we always do. Nonstop chitchatting was actually quite rare for Myungsoo. But we've known him for so long – when he starts talking, he's like a machine gun.

 

I was about to call Woohyun to hurry up, when the topic of dating came up. Oh crap.

 

"Dongwoo hyung? Aish all he wants is food."

"Sunggyu is dating someone now, right?"

 

Woohyun hyung didn't have a girlfriend since the year we came in right? Which is around 2 years,” I noticed.

 

Oh yeah, and I know why!” Hoya grinned.

 

I looked at Myungsoo, and he returned a puzzled look. “Why?”

 

Hoya ignored the question. “______-ah, I think you and him look good together!”

 

I glared at him. Both of them knew I hated being paired up with guys, especially guys that are not Hoya. Because I.. well, like him. Even worse, Hoya himself is pairing me up.

 

Yeah, Woohyun-oppa is so cute. If he gets any cuter, I'm afraid I'll fall for him.” I said, my voice dripping with sarcarsm.

 

Absolute-super-totally-insensitive Hoya immediately grabbed my shoulder and shook it. “Jeongmal ______-ah? No kidding?” He looked into my eyes with such intensity I had to force down the blood that was rising to my cheeks with willpower.

 

K-kidding? Do I look like a person who would kid?!” Actually I am. But whatever. 

 

And what was that about Woohyun having no girlfriend?” Myungsoo piped in.

 

Hoya chuckled. “My dear best friends of 10 years, one who hasn't even dated once..”

 

I DID!” I yelled. "Hoya, I'm going to make you sing soprano for a week."

 

Okay, okay, fine, bff who hasn't dated for a very long time, I shall now tell you this secret that I just recently found out.” He said, looking at me with his 'ho-aegi' eyes. I cringed, but on the inside and way underneath my hoodie, I was melting.

 

Woohyun likes you.”

 

That just made things so much more complicated.

--