Chapter 10

The Player

Sorry for the long hiatus my dear subcribers!!
School started and there has been A. LOT. OF. HOME. WORK. Especially since I'm in the graduating year ><
BUT HERE'S A NEW CHAPTER! :D So yayyyyyyy for weekends! 

Baby stop stop breaking my heart~   

--

 

 

It happened some time ago, before my love for Howon was, well, big. It was still a little crush, so I wasn't that affected.' 

 

Anyway, one day he told us he liked a noona, and I could see that he was really head over heels in love with her. She was a senior at our school, and she was really pretty. Plus, Howon was a hottie too so everyone congratulated them when they got together. Everything was going fine. Howon was Howon.”

 

Until he found out that that noona had another boyfriend.”

 

Then?” Woohyun asked, intrigued. “Did Hoya confront her?”

 

We were sitting on the steps of the resort's cafe. It was deathly silent, because there was nobody except the waiter who was ignoring two students who had gone way past their curfew. But who cares, we could always sneak back into our rooms.

 

Yup, he did, at a park near my house, and I tell you, that noona changed 180 degrees. I was shocked, man. She was like all, “Oh, you found out only now? That I was only using you?” while sniggering.”

 

She also said: “I was only fooling around with you, little boy. Grow taller first, then think of pursuing someone like me, okay, Lee Howon?””

 

She really emphasized the Lee Howon part. Maybe it was a inside thing for the two of them, but she spat out his name like trash. I even had to pull back Myungsoo before he punched her.”

 

Woohyun nodded respectfully at Myungsoo's actions.

 

She left our town with her boyfriend, and Howon didn't come back for 2 entire nights; I had no idea what he was doing outside, I bet he cried a lot. But when he came back, he looked really scary. And he told us no one would call him by Howon ever again.”

 

So now he's Hoya?” Woohyun asked. “No wonder he looked so pissed before when I called him by Howon. But you and Myungsoo can call him that as per usual..?”

 

I shrugged and hugged my knees. I wasn't even in the mood to drink my hot chocolate. “I think it was because we have been calling him that since we were kindergartens, so it's fine.”
 

But he also said that he won't be so stupid anymore. And his meaning of being not stupid – revenge.”

 

 

 

NEXT MORNING

 

 

Last night was the most horrendous night of my life. After Woohyun brought me back to my room, I didn't catch a wink of sleep at all. Also, all my friends wouldn't stop asking me why my face was so puffy. The morning was no difference though.

 

You wouldn't believe what the girls did to me last night man.......” Myungsoo facepalm-ed. Then saw my dumpling face. “Woah _______-ah. Last time you had dark eye circles, now your eyes look like puffballs,” Myungsoo commented and I scowled.

 

It was already time to head back to Seoul, but there was no sign of Hoya..

 

Myungsoo-ah, did Hoya come back to your room last night?” I asked him when we got on the bus.

 

Myungsoo looked thoughtful. “He told the teachers that his dad was gravely ill, and had to go back first. But his dad is overseas, right?”

 

I sighed, loudly, the feeling of dread coming back to me.

 

Myungsoo noticed my unusual behaviour. “______-ah, did you two fight?”

 

I meekly gave a nod.

 

Did you... cry?”

 

Me? Cry? You're kidding right? Ha!” I laughed and punched him lightly on the shoulder.

 

Instead of laughing along, he grabbed my shoulders and looked me straight in the eye. As they say, eyes are windows of your soul, so I couldn't hide my feelings from Myungsoo, especially when he's so sharp (and handsome).

 

Yup you did.” he concluded and released me before I passed out from shock. “Spill everything.”

 

I really couldn't hide anything from him. So in the end, while the bus started its way back to Seoul, I just told him everything from the start. I skipped out the part where Woohyun hugged me though – unnecessary information.....

 

Omona, so you actually said that.” Myungsoo seemed shocked, because both of us promised never to mention it to Hoya. Well, unless he mentions it first.

 

Yeah..” I said, feeling a little guilty.

 

Okay, so to sum it all up, you scolded him, and he said that..”

 

We didn't know a single ,” I replied. “Even though I'm certain we do know at least 90% of what happened.”

 

True. And then you....”

 

Stormed off.”

 

And he..”

 

Stormed off too.”

 

Myungsoo face-palmed. “Daebak.”

 

We rode the rest of the journey in silence, with Myungsoo deep in thought and me trying hard not to think of Hoya's hurt expression yesterday.

 

 

Finally, I broke the silence. “I shouldn't have said that, Myungsoo-ah. It just brought back unhappy memories.”

 

Then,” Myungsoo frowned, his cute eyes staring into mine. “You prefer him to go around playing with innocent girls?”

 

..............” He was right. Speechless, I fished out my phone from my pocket and tried calling Hoya.

 

No answer. Sigh.

 

Well, he isn't replying my texts either. Let's just wait for him to cool down...” Myungsoo said, and I unwillingly had to agree with his plan, because an angry Hoya isn't something you would want to be within 10 meters of.

 

 

FEW DAYS LATER

 

Brr, it's so cold out there,” Woohyun said, quickly shutting my house's door behind him. “Still no news from Hoya?”

 

Myungsoo at once made an X sign to Woohyun, meaning: That name is taboo.... while glancing nervously at me the whole time.

 

My heart sank and I slumped onto the couch with a defeated sigh. I think Hoya was on another solitude trip to some pub/club/bar again, and didn't want us to disturb him. I tried looking for him at his apartment before, but no one answered the doorbell.

 

This few days just weren't the same without Hoya's fooling around and his babies. I can't believe I said that, but it feels weird when he's not there to comment on how hot SNSD is or how dumb his next girlfriend was.

 

I was sighing and pacing about for the hundreth time, so Myungsoo asked me to go out and buy some snacks so that he could have some peace. I huffed in his face and stormed out of the room.

 

You want me to go with you?” Woohyun said with his puppy dog eyes.

 

I shook my head. I needed time alone too. So I pulled on my warm coat and wound a purple scarf (Hoya's) around my neck to protect myself from the freezing cold outside, and started my 'happy' walk to the nearest convenience store.

 

I was humming to Teen Top's new song Crazy absentmindedly, so I didn't realized that I took a detour until I saw a whole bunch of trees. I'd walked into my estate's park. The place where Hoya had that huge confrontation.

 

"Oh no." Noticing this, I hurriedly made a swift U-turn, because this place holds bad memories for us.

 

And smacked face first into a stranger.

 

Oww! Sorry, was daydreaming...” I rubbed my face in pain and looked up at the stranger.

 

Whom was actually not a stranger at all.

 

What are you doing here?” Hoya's piercing cold eyes stared back at mine.

--