Chapter 5

The Player

 

 

HIIIIII EVERYONE.

I own alot of INFINITE CDs now... Kekekekekekeekekeke I'm a happy girl ^^

--

 

 

After a long walk with lots of conversation, Woohyun and I reached my house.

 

I found out a lot about Woohyun. I mean, other than what I already know, like his annoying stalker, his love for singing and how happy he was that I agreed to hang out with him today.

 

Greasy old man.”

 

I'm the happiest greasy old man in the world then,” Woohyun said, showing his adorable eye-smile that caused me to blush, despite myself.

 

He saw me to my doorstep and said a reluctant bye, lingering a little. In the end, just as he was about to leave, I grabbed his sleeve.

 

Next time, let's go to the amusement park! After exams!” I smiled.

 

Woohyun gave his kiddy grin. “Alright1” he said, and kissed me on the cheek.

 

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat.

 

I stood there, frozen, while he muttered a quick bye and scooted off like an Olympian runner. And I thought I was about to melt right there, into a puddle of fangirl gush.

 

Then someone tapped me from behind and I thought I was about to die from shock instead.

 

YAH who in the – oh hi bro.” I said, when I saw Myungsoo with his arms crossed, and Hoya strolled in from the second floor, chewing on (MY) bread.

 

You owe us an explanation missy.” he said.

 

 

Hoya's POV

 

What's taking them so long? Where are they? What are they doing? God if Woohyun lays even one finger on her, I'm gonna confiscate his Ninja Turtle disc for a week.

 

Yah Myungsoo,” I shouted for him, climbing to the balcony in ______'s room. I was about to continue my sentence, but ________ and Woohyun strolled into the walkway. I ducked out of view.

 

They started chatting in front of her doorstep. Hmmm, wonder what they're talking about.. I crawled over to a spot where I could see them both clearly, and was about to call Myungsoo over when I saw it.

 

Woohyun kissed her on the cheek. And scuttled away like a kid.

 

Woooo, way to go..” I 'cheered' silently, and half-heartedly, seeing _________'s frozen face. She looked redder than a tomato, and I meant those ripe ones which look like they have been dipped in bright red paint.

 

Wait, what half-heartedly?

 

She's your bestfriend, he's your best hyung. You should be happy for them.

 

So, why am I feeling this? A feeling I've forgotten a long time ago..

 

Forget it. I grabbed a random slice of bread from ____________'s room and headed downstairs to Myungsoo.

 

_______'s POV

 

Stop climbing in through my window!! That tree is gonna break soon, I tell you,” I said, snatching the bread out of Hoya's hands. “And you should be glad both my parents and my bro are overseas.”

 

Anyway,” I continued when both of them kept quiet. “Is it wrong to go out and have fun with my oppa?”

 

No, but you didn't tell us you were already going out with him!” Myungsoo said.

 

Huh?! No, we were just hanging out!!” I yelled.

 

At that moment, Myungsoo locked eyes with me. What about Hoya?

 

I was about to object and say that I had nothing going on with Woohyun, but Hoya cut in, saying, “Anyhow, I'm happy for you. Finally I can stop worrying about your sorry and focus on my babies! K bye I'm going to sleep.”

 

With that he went up to my room, yawning.

 

There's your answer.” I shrugged like it was no biggie, but inside, tears threatened to fall at his utter indifference towards me.

 

Myungsoo tucked his hands into his pockets. “If you are sure, then, as your bff, I'll support you.” he said, and headed up to my room too.

 

I sighed, and went to have a shower. If this continues..

 

 

 

The next morning, I woke up early (slept in my brother's room) to make breakfast for the two pigs still sleeping in my room. They immediately got up when they smelled eggs and bacon, hence resulting in an early trip to school for us. Usually, we always get to school just on time, because of those two pigs.

 

I grabbed my hoodie and headed off. “Getting cold, isn't it?”

 

Yeah, can't wait for autumn to end, cause thats when exams end too,” Myungsoo said and Hoya high-fived him. They were both wearing hoodies taken from my house above their uniforms, which were... actually theirs in the first place. So I couldn't complain.

 

The first period was math again, so Hoya and I went to our classroom. Upon arriving, a group of girls spot Hoya and started chattering around him, while I sat down on my seat.

 

Ho-aegi! Why are you so early today~”

 

Must be because he wanted to see me!”

 

No, he wanted to see ME!”

 

Shut up s, you all know it's me he wants to see~”

 

******** ****** *********** **********!!”

 

They were about to cat fight when Hoya held up his hands in a stop-everything motion. “Relax, relax. There's enough Ho-aegi to go around, girls.”

 

The girls started screaming like freaks. Urgh, seriously. I couldn't take Hoya's flirting anymore, so I stood up, wanting to get out of class as soon as possible.

 

I didn't know what to do – maybe I'll walk a few rounds round the block or something. Or go find Sulli and Sungjong. Or go jump on the trampoline – “OUCH!”

 

Just as I stepped out of the classroom door, I bumped into somebody, who also yelped in pain. Was my head that hard? “Oops, sorry sorry, my fault,” I said, moving around to see who it was.

 

Woah oppa, you look like a zombie – I couldn't recognize you.” It was Woohyun. His face was like a zombie's, and he had his hood up, hands in pockets, so he looked even more like one.

 

Who are you? Oh, _______-ah?” he said, like he was unsure of what he was even saying.

 

Pfffffft, so this was his morning face!

 

Oppa, where're you going?” I waved my hand in front of his face, but there was still no response.

 

Huh? Oh, I'm gonna get some juice.” he said, his eyes opening just a bit more. “Wanna come along?”

 

Okay!” I nodded.

 

We headed off, but out of the corner of my eye, I could swear I spotted Hoya glaring at me, then turning back to his babies with a fake smile.

 

 

We sat down at our usual table, Woohyun drinking his juice and me my hot chocolate. He looked more awake now that he had something to drink. I rubbed my hands together to feel warmer.

 

Now I know what to tell your mum to make for you for breakfast!” I laughed.

 

Pfft, yeah right she'll listen to you,” he scoffed. “Unless..”

 

Your mum will listen to me, regaredless of whether or not I am your girlfriend/wife,” I rolled my eyes at him.

 

He laughed and resumed sipping his drink. Then he suddenly jumped like he forgot something, and dug his hand into his back pocket.

 

What is it?” I asked.

 

Woohyun grinned and pulled out something metallic and shiny. It was long, and it had a small stone at the bottom of it..

 

I gasped. “Omo! Yah Woohyun oppa, you went back to the flea market and got it?!”

 

He swung the cat pendant necklace in his hand proudly. “That shop owner halved the price once I did this!” he said, and did the bunny aegyo.

 

Oh, so that's your method..” I glared at him in a joking way.

 

Here you go,” He placed it in my hands. “Wear it okay!”

 

I smiled. “Thanks oppa, I'll wear it now!”

 

I made a move to pull the necklace over my neck. Then I realized that I already had one on me. It was on me for so long I've forgotten it was there. I hesitated a little about taking it off though, because.. this necklace was from Howon.

 

-FLASHBACK-

 

Three years ago..

 

Yah Howon! I know what you can get me for my birthday now!” We were at a sale at DongDaeMun, shopping for clothes together.

 

Hoya rolled his eyes. “Gosh, your skin sure is thick!”

 

Whatever, just get it for me. Look, it's so tiny and adorable!” I said, fiddling with the pendant, which was a cat's paw.

 

Yah, Lee Howon.” I looked back, but he was already walking off. “YAH WAIT FOR ME!!”

 

We left the mall without the necklace.

 

But on the day of my birthday, I woke up to find a box in my hand. Must be L, I thought to myself, and opened it.

 

It was a necklace with a tiny cat's paw.

 

-FLASHBACK END-

 

_________-ah? Hello~ Wake up!” Woohyun waved a hand right infront of my face and I jerked out of my reminiscence.

 

You okay?” he asked. “You just froze there.”

 

I laughed nervously. “Yeah I'm fine, just daydreaming as per usual.” And with that, I took the necklace off, and put on Woohyun's.

 

I looked at the necklace in my hand. I had an urge to wear it back on again, because without it I felt like something was wrong. Like something was missing.

 

No, ____________. Forget Hoya. His heart is too broken to ever love again.

 

I stuffed the necklace into my pocket just as the bell rang for classes to start. Woohyun sent me to my classroom, said bye, and the boring lessons began.

 

 

Some readers commented about the skip in chapters, and I'M TERRIBLY SORRY.

I mean, I don't even know how my 2nd and 3rd chapter were hidden. Like you know, the tickbox for hiding the chapter was ticked. Therefore you guys couldn't see it. I SWEAR I DIDN'T TOUCH THAT STUPID BOX ; A ;

Anyway thanks for all the subscribes everybody!! ^^