Chapter 11

The Player

Since I didn't update for very long, i've got TWO chapters! Muahahahahah
And there's like, SM town cameo here. XD
Enjoy!!

--

 

 

A FORTNIGHT BEFORE

 

Let! Me! Go!” Hoya growled and jerked his arm away from the two strong guys.

 

Hoya had no idea what happened. He was clubbing and drinking and being merry, when all of a sudden. two guys went up to him. They yanked him out of the club and into a car. Hoya tried resisting but they were too tall and muscular (A/N: even though Hoya also has a lot of fine muscles).

 

Why should I listen to you jerks?” He glared at them menacingly.

 

Because I told them to. Thank you Minho oppa, Jonghyun oppa.” A voice from behind Hoya spoke. The two guys then apologized to Hoya and returned to the car as if nothing happened.

 

Hoya spun around, and saw the owner of the voice. “Sulli??”

 

Sorry for the rough treatment, oppa,” Sulli blushed. “But I needed to talk to you, and you weren't picking up your phone.. so I used my connections.”

 

C-connections..? Hoya thought to himself as Sulli led him into the cafe. They sat down, a little awkward, because it was the first time they were alone together.

 

Oppa, what do you think of ________-unnie?”

 

Why the hell is she asking me this? Hoya was taken aback. “She's my best friend?”

 

Geoljitmal.” Sulli stated and Hoya's face turned red. “I know what happened, oppa. Sorry.”

 

What? Everthing?” Flustered, he tried to maintain his hogod posture. “Hn, it seems like ________ told you everything eh.”

 

Sulli shook her head. “No, she didn't. Woohyun did.”

 

And how the hell does Woohyun know?”

 

________-unnie told him.”

 

Hoya smacked his forehead. “Great.”

 

Oppa, you don't know how unnie was like the past few days. Woohyun oppa said she kept going 'it's all my fault', 'what if Howon does something silly?', and when they bought her dukbokki, she rejected it.”

 

She? Reject free dukbokki?!” Now Hoya was shocked.

 

Exactly!” Sulli said. “And the way she smiles at you, laughs at you, hangs out with you. Don't you realize that unnie's window is forever open? Even at night, with a thousand mosquitoes in the summer? And even now, when you don't want to talk to her.”

 

Hoya looked down at his untouched coffee.

 

I think you realized. Well, I found out a looooooong time ago, that she is totally in love with you.” Sulli said. “Although recently she keeps sticking to Woohyun. Hmmmmmmmm.” she checked for Hoya's reaction.

 

“Well, she likes Woohyun.” Hoya stated simply.

 

Maybe? But don't pretend, oppa. I saw you rolling your eyes whenever Woohyun shows her his aegyo or winks at her. And how you always avoid the two of them when they are together alone. Plus Myungsoo told me that your face went totally charcoal black when you saw Woohyun kiss her.” (A/N: Chapter 5 in case you guys forgot!!)

 

Hoya choked on air. “How the hell did he see that?! OMG YOU GUYS ARE SO STALKERISH.”

 

The point is,” Sulli smiled. “I know you like unnie too, Hoya oppa. I think Woohyun oppa made you realize that.”

 

She's.. actually right.

 

OKAY FINE, YOU WIN.” He threw his hands up in the air. “But she likes Woohyun now, doesn't she?”

 

But she loves you.” she wittily said.

 

But she's happier with Woohyun.

 

.......... wow, you aren't shy at all when you talk about ________, are you?” he said.

 

Sulli immediately blushed and covered her face. “C-cause she's a really great unnie..”

 

Hoya smirked, and stood up. “Thank you, Sulli, for telling me these. But I still think she's better off with a good guy like hyung.”

 

He hurriedly exited the cafe, but Sulli shouted after him. “So are you going to apologize?”

 

That's right, I should probably say sorry.. “Depends whether I see her or not!” He yelled back, and waved goodbye.

 

 

@ THE PARK

________ POV

 

 

Why are you here?” Hoya repeated impatiently.

 

I stared blankly at him for like 5 minutes. Then it dawned upon me that Hoya was standing right in front of me. I resisted the urge to scream Sungyeol-style and started firing questions at him like a machine gun.

 

Omo! Howon-ah, where have you been?” I yelled. “What have you been doing? Don't tell me you were at clubs. Why couldn't we contact you? Did you like throw away your freaking phone? I know I sound like a umma, but I don't care!”

 

Hoya grimaced and I couldn't figure out whether he was going to punch me in the face or burst out giggling.

 

In the end, he furrowed his eyebrows and allowed just a small trace of a smile to appear on his face. “Jeongmal, I can't stay angry at you.”

 

Phew, he wasn't mad anymore.. but he wasn't exactly pleased, was he? He still held a cold hard face, like he was remembering what the noona did that day...

 

I shuffled my feet, pushing away some dead leaves in the process. “Er, Howon-ah, about what I said before – ”

 

I know.” He cut me off. “Mianhae, for yelling at you. And komawo, for waking me up. But I.. still can't forgive her, and never will no matter how much nagging you drill into me.”

 

I nodded, ignoring the nagging part. Hoya brushed his hair back hogod-style. “But someone made me realized that there are still... people who care....” and started coughing.

 

Huh? There are what?” I asked, not catching what he said.

 

A-anyway, I realized the folly of my player ways. I'm sorry for all the girls that I toyed with. But it's too late to apologize to them – so I'm going to go away for awhile, to er, reflect.”

 

My jaw dropped.

 

Hoya sneered at my epic expression. “Yah, it's just for a while! Like, five months or so? You don't have to look so panicky.”

 

I was speechless. But I still managed to utter out a few umma questions. “School?? What about school? When are you leaving?”

 

I'll be back by mid year, so no worries. No school – awesome!” He grinned. “I'm leaving the day after tomorrow.”

 

WHAAAAT?” That is really fast. Why was he going away? Why? WHY?

 

Actually it's because of my dad's business, pabo. No big deal, it's not like I'm going away forever.“ He placed his arm around my shoulders, which was a familiar gesture.

 

So.. are we cool now?” He asked. I nod happily. Then I remembered something.

 

Hey, who was that someone who made you realize those things?” I poked his fat puffy jacket, curious. His appa? Overseas. His umma? Nah. The guys? Couldn't contact him.

 

Oh, it's Sulli.” Mr. Hell-of-a-dense Hoya said, and I felt a jab of jealousy course through my heart. 

--