Chapter 4

The Player

 

HI GUYS I'm back from my trip!!
Here's a new chapter, please enjoy ^^

--

The next day, I walked to school as per usual with Myungsoo and Hoya. I was terribly drowsy, because I didn't sleep much yesterday. I was thinking about Woohyun. Just pretend you know nothing, I thought. Nothing at all. Nothing on you~ baby~ Got nothing on you~ baby~

 

“______-ah, stop daydreaming.” Myungsoo said, checking his reflection in his mirror.

 

Hoya chuckled and looked at me. His eyes suddenly bulged and he shouted, “OMG _____-AH!”

 

I jumped. “What?!”

 

“Your dark circles are freaking black!! I mean they usually are, but..” Hoya gasped, causing people to turn and stare at him. Students (girls) from other schools started whispering, and I caught things like “Omo those two guys are so hot!” and “Who's that ugly girl with them?”

 

“Chincha?!” I snatched the mirror from Myungsoo. “God I look like a panda. I must have been thinking too much yesterday..”

 

“Thinking about your future boyfriend? How sweet.” Hoya wiggled his eyebrows at me. I threatened to hit him with the mirror and he backed off. No doubt, he'll definitely play the matchmaker. Asgfdhjkdfgjkfdl.

 

“Ahhhhhh, Howon-ah, you got any bb cream?”

 

“I don't, but I can help you get some from my babies.”

 

I scowled. Why did I even bother asking him.

 

Anyway, I had math for the first period with Hoya while L had science, so we said bye to him and headed to our classroom.

 

Lessons dragged on, and I kept nodding off. Twice every half an hour to be specific. I had to count on Hoya to wake me up every time my eyes closed.

 

He tried slapping me, flicking me on the forehead, sprinkling water on me, and hollering into my ears, but I still fell asleep after 10 minutes.

 

“_____-haksaeng, would you please answer this question?” My maths teacher said, noticing that I was nodding off again.

 

“Yah _______, sunsengnim is calling you!” Hoya nudged me in a not-so-gentle way.

 

“Huh, what..”

 

“Aish! Wake up!” Hoya said and smacked me in the face.

 

“YES THE ANSWER IS XXXXXX!” I screamed. The whole class erupted into laughter.

 

Even the teacher held back a laugh. “Er, that's correct, thank you for being so enthusiastic ________. Let's move on....”

 

I slumped back into my seat, Hoya giving me a “aish this person..” look. Scribbling rubbish notes in my notebook, I prayed with my whole heart that lunch would arrive faster. Goodness, I'm turning into Dongwoo.

 

“Pay attention, if not I will bite your ear off.” Hoya glared at me.

 

“Araso, araso,” I said, placing my head on the table and falling asleep once more.

 

 

 

I take back about what I said about wanting lunch to arrive faster.

 

Once we reached the lunch table, I spotted Woohyun straight away.

 

He was sitting at his usual spot aka right beside me. He came straight from his physical education  lesson, so he was wearing his sleeveless jersey, showing off his toned muscles. But despite his hot body, he looked.. sleepy. Like me.

 

Myungsoo noticed.  “Wa, hyung, you look totally like ______ today.”

 

“Huh what?” Woohyun blushed and like me, snatched Myungsoo’s mirror from his pocket.

 

“Oh. I guess I didn’t have enough rest yesterday.”

 

Thinking about someone right?” Hoya winked, and Woohyun turned into a tomato. 

 

Can I strangle him??

 

I stood up, and was about to excuse myself to the restroom when Woohyun stopped me. He was tugging on the sleeve of my hoodie, like a little puppy. He also gave me the puppy-dog eyes and said, "Can I talk to you?"

 

 

He led me to a corner of the busy canteen, and the whole time I was thinking, oh oh oh oh crap oh my god now what.

 

"Errrrr, so you know right..?" Woohyun scratched his head sheepishly.

 

Play dumb, ______-ah. "What? Know what? Huh? Huh? Huh?!"

 

"YAH i know you know you pabo!!" Woohyun smacked my head. “Hoya told you right?”

 

I sighed and decided to just face it head on. “Yeah..”

 

“That son of a.....” he said. It was actually kind of weird seeing Woohyun being serious, because he was usually either cracking jokes or doing his bunny aegyo.

 

“Oppa..” I started.

 

“I know you.. like Hoya, so I don't really –“

 

Wait. What?

 

“WHAT WTF HOW DID YOU KNOW??” I stared at him.

 

“Um it's kind of obvious,” Woohyun said. I bet he was thinking about how stupid I was. “But only Myungsoo and I know. So relax.” he said quickly when he saw my ok-it's-the-end-of-my-entire-life-because-everyone-knows face.

 

“Oh. Phew.”

 

“Well, I don't expect you to like me back, really. I didn't even intend to tell you, that stupid Hoya.”

 

Oh, really? That was a relief. I heaved a sigh of relief and finally started to relax my tense muscles.

 

“Hey, are you free today?” Woohyun suddenly asked. When I nodded, he smiled like a kid. “Let's get some dukbokki!!”

 

I thought about it. Hoya had a date (grr), L needed to head home early, so I'll be pretty bored this afternoon. 

 

Also, I thought about Hoya's stupid wriggly eyebrows and his "Oh, thinking about your future boyfriend?" stunt, which made me feel both angry and upset at the same time. 

 

“Sure, why not?” I said.

 

Woohyun smiled again, this time like a kid gone silly. I laughed at his expression – he was quite cute actually – and said, “Come on, the guys are getting restless, let's go back.”

 

He nodded and followed me back.

 

Everyone digged into their food without waiting for us. What kind of friends are they?! But before we reached the table, he whispered into my ear: “I don't intend to stop liking you though, so be prepared.”

 

The dismissal bell finally rang, indicated that it was the end of school for the day. Streams of students rushed out, chatting loudly and noisily. Hoya, L and I were also part of that noisy crowd, on our way out of school. Then I remembered; I had to wait for Woohyun. The seniors end a little later.

 

"Guys," I said when we reached the entrance. "Go on ahead without me; I have something on."

 

Myungsoo arched an eyebrow, finding it odd. Hoya just said, "K, call you later," and headed off.

 

I checked my phone and saw Woohyun's text. I'm on the way ______-ah, wait for me~ 

 

What a cutiepie.

 

Hoya's POV

 

"Hyung, who is _____ waiting for?" Myungsoo nudged me.

 

"How would I know? Her girlfriends?"

 

He still looked thoughtful. "I saw her texting somebody after lunch, but it didn't seem to be any of her girlfriends."

 

Suddenly he tackled me into the bushes like a boss. "Wha-" I started.

 

"Shhhh, look she's checking her phone." Myungsoo pointed out.

 

So we squat there in the bushes, waiting for the mysterious person, and spying on our own best friend.

 

"This is weird."

 

"Oh just shut up."

 

Not long after, a person comes striding out of the entrance. He looked cool from far (not as cool as me though) and walked with swag. He tapped _____'s shoulder and _______'s face immediately lighted up when she saw him. It's... it's...

 

"You're late, Woohyun oppa." I heard _______ say.

 

Woohyun?! Oh, so that guy finally made his move on her eh? Good job. I looked over at Myungsoo, but he looked.. funny. Shrugging, I turned my attention back on __________ and Woohyun.

 

Woohyun smiled widely. "Let's go." he said.

 

I tugged on Myungsoo's sleeve. "Let's go too," and he gave me a wtf-you-ain't-stalking-your-best-friend look.

 

“What, I'm curious! Let's go!”

 

 

It seems like they were heading over to the street stalls nearby. I stared intently, thinking to myself: if Woohyun dares to do anything to my _____, I'll - wait. Since when was she mine? Our ______. Yes. That's right. What was I thinking?

 

"Hyung, stop picking up habits from _______." Myungsoo smacked me awake from my daydream.

 

We continued crawling in bushes behind them. Suddenly, Woohyun grabbed _______'s books and she beamed so brightly I thought her jaw was going to fall out.

 

 

"Yah, I fear for her jaw man.” I said and Myungsoo stared at me like I gone crazy. Forget it. “Anyway, did she put make up today? Why is she glowing?"

 

Myungsoo squinted his already squinty eyes at me. "Maybe it's because we're looking from a stalker's perspective.."

 

I ignored him and continued observing. Woohyun placed an arm around _________, but she slapped his arm and he withdrew it in pain.

 

Hah! Rejected! I thought. Only I can do that to her. 

 

Next, Woohyun brought her to the dukbboki(?) stall. How did he know it was her favourite food?

 

They got the food and ________ gave the adorable "FOOOOD" smile that would make any guy fall for her. Um, any guy but me. Yeah. Anyway, they were chatting happily while chomping on the food, looking like a cute couple. This was the first time I saw ______ like that, because ______ never seemed like a cutesy girl to me at all – I don't know why, it just never occurred to me..

 

"Myungsoo, there must be something in the dukbokki."

 

"Huh, why?"

 

"Just look at our __________! Smiling like a silly person; she must have eaten something funny." I deduced. "I must try that stall. Hold me back if I go silly like her too."

 

L just rolled his eyes. but followed me to get dukbokki too. Meanwhile, the "couple" had already moved on to the flea market in the common area.

 

"Look at this necklace! So prettyyyy~" ______ fawned over a necklace with a diamond cat as the pendant. She always had a thing for cats. Even the necklace she's wearing right now is a metal cat's paw. From.. me.

 

"And look at the price." Her expression dropped. "Some flea market.." she said, and promptly turned away.

 

"Just ask your handsome boyfriend to get it for you then!" The owner casually said.

 

"WHAT?!" Myungsoo half shouted.

 

"OMG NO." I threw a disgusted look.

 

"Errrrr.." Woohyun turned a deep shade of red.

 

"NAEKKO HAJA~ NAEGA NEOL SARANGHAE~ OH!" My phone rang.

 

Crap.

 

 

_______'s POV

 

"Did you hear something?" I spun around in the direction of some random bushes. Hmm, it sounded like someone's phone rang..

 

"Nope, why?"

 

"Oh," I muttered. "Nevermind."

 

Woohyun looked at me and laughed. "You still look like a panda though!"

 

I pouted and he immediately said sorry.

 

"Tell you what, it's getting late already," he said, looking at the darkening sky. Time flies when you are having fun. "I'll send you home."

 

Said like a true oppa! In contrast, Hoya never said those four words “I'll send you home” before..

 

"Okay oppa."


--

OK BYEBYE :D