Chapter 11: Run Away From Heartbreaks

Crossing Borders
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'll be making a note before the chapter starts this time. I would like to inform you all that from hereon, I'll be making/setting this fanfic for my subscribers/members only. Since from this chapter onwards, I'll be revealing lots about the characters and the big major twists of the story. So for my silent readers, I encourage you to register now and subscribe. LOL.

As for the comments from the last chapter, I enjoyed reading them but I couldn't reply. As much as I wanted to, I cannot and I have to stop myself. Why? Because I might accidentally tell you guys spoilers which I don't want to happen. Hehehe.

BUT! BUT! BUT! I saw two correct [closest] answers but from two different readers. Hehehe. Someone got the first question right, and someone also got the second question right. But I won't tell who but I have to say you guys sure have hawk eyes. Hahaha. However, though the answers are correct, of course, there's a twist and more exact or more appropriate answers to my questions.

And as you guys read this chapter, you might narrow down your answers from my same two old questions. As I will challenge all of you again, this chapter will give you the closest hints and clues. Enjoy reading and please do share your wild guesses again. I would love to read them when I come back. Hehe.  

KEEP YOUR EYES SHARP~ hihihihi.

===================================================

  Chapter 11 Run Away From Heartbreaks

 

Heartbreaks are very fatal to those people who give too much, to those who trust too much and to those who love too much. It can make them go numb, so deadly it can stop those thrilled heartbeats they once had. Heartbreaks also have the ability to become deadlier and poisonous when they can’t pinpoint its cause or when the cause is being repudiated by the victim itself. Whenever heartbreaks like these occur, they have the tendency to run away from it. It only makes them vulnerable and be caught in a greater danger they never wished to be in. Nevertheless, heartbreaks have the great influence to change its targets, either in a positive way or in a negative way. Nevertheless, running away from heartbreaks is a race that they will never win.

 

The weather may be bad and gloomy for the rain is gradually falling once again, drenching some unprepared workers on their way and flooding streets that are on construction. The sky may be dark and the sunshine may possibly not be present anytime soon, but it only takes one new beauty to make this low-spirited morning shine.

 

“Good morning, Ms. Jung.” The receptionists of the company building all greeted at the same time and bowed their heads for a formal welcome.

 

“All of you…” Jessica is standing tall in front of them, just across the transaction area while glaring at them strictly then she says, “I’m came here with someone today and please do greet her the same way. She’s our special guest and her name is Tiffany Hwang. From now on too, she’s allowed to come in and out of my office even without asking for any appointments first.” She then introduced with such a proud smile on her thin lips.

 

Entering the building is this newly found beauty of the town, Tiffany Hwang. Far from a poor-looking woman and far from being a countryside penniless woman, Tiffany enters the building with such poise that no one thought she could carry on. The receptionists all got awed and left thunderstruck for the once plain woman suddenly got as decent and well-dressed, almost on the same caliber as of Jessica who is proudly presenting her to everyone around the lobby with still on her smile.  

 

“G-good morning, Ms. Tiffany Hwang.”

 

The receptionists greeted but not in unison as some of them are still staggered from Tiffany’s radiating beauty walking in black high pointed heels and her body perfectly wrapped with that strapless velvet red dress which length is just two inches above her knees. Adding some more to her beauty is the perfectly done straight long hair freely bouncing on her back and her make-up that’s not so heavy.

 

“Good morning.” Tiffany greeted back late, blushing mad as she’s embarrassed by all these people’s eyes staring at her from top to bottom and because of this, she can’t stop pulling her short fitted dress down her knees. “J-jessi, everyone’s looking at me…” She then stared down in shyness.

 

“C’mon Tiff, stop pulling it down. It looks good on you. They’re just looking at you because you look totally gorgeous today.” Jessica chuckled at Tiffany’s flushing expression as she commented while they’re on their way to her office, also ignoring these employees eyeing on them as they walk pass by them.

 

“I can’t help it. It feels like I’m only wrapped with a bathroom towel with this dress. Besides, why do I have to wear something like this? I’m not even an employee or your business partner. I just came here with you since I don’t want to be left out in your mansion all alone and primarily because you insisted.” Tiffany whined as she’s still covering her exposed collarbone from the erted eyes of some old geezers that’s far from looking like businessmen but regrettably they are.

 

Jessica stopped right in front of her closed office door to face Tiffany who is still so uneasy with her own self. She then reaches for Tiffany’s head for a pat, saying, “It’s alright. You’re with me. You’ll be just fine if you’re with me, remember that.”

 

Tiffany dodged those tantalizing eyes of Jessica’s when these butterflies on her stomach came flying everywhere again. Only Jessica is making her feel like this, so uncomfortable in a good way that she feels so secured. She nodded as she agreed without looking straight to Jessica’s enticing gazes, afraid that she might fall deeper into those attractive eyes of hers. “Okay, if you said so.” She then mumbled low but enough for Jessica to hear her clear.

 

“Good morning Ms. Jes— woah!” When Yoona heard the door opening behind her while she’s fixing papers and documents on top of Jessica’s table, she turned around for her usual morning greetings but she got tangled with her own words as Tiffany is seen shyly standing beside her, also mesmerized by her unexpected beauty.

 

“Hi, I’m Tiffany Hwang.” Tiffany straightway greeted the secretary for shock and her taken aback posture is way too evident not to be noticed.

 

Yoona clears before making a proper greeting, “Good morning. I’m Im Yoona, Ms. Jessica’s secretary. Please have a seat and I’ll go prepare some coffee for you.” Then  excused herself and went to her own tasks, so quick that’s faster than lightning.

 

Jessica ignored the two making formal greetings with each other and went straight to her table to start working. Tiffany on the other hand just clumsily sat on the sofa set and started roaming her sharp and thorough observations around the office. This office almost looks the same as her room, spacious and nothing much displayed. The office is also freezing cold because of the air conditioner on its high level but thanks to the coat that Jessica lent her, she at least warms herself using it.

 

“As expected from Jessi…” Tiffany thought.

 

Until such time her eyes found its way to Yoona on a corner who got caught glaring at her so extreme while waiting for the coffee to be brewed. Tiffany glared back at her as her head tilted to the side a little, dumbfounded of why she’s being glared like that, like a criminal who sinned gravely. It was Yoona who broke the eye contact first when the coffee maker’s alarm went off, crushing her trail of thoughts circulating on her mind.

 

“Jessi’s weird but her secretary is way weirder. Why was she staring at me like that?” Tiffany asked herself still staring at the uneasy and tensed secretary.

 

“Here’s your morning coffee, Ms. Hwang.” Yoona carefully placed the cup of coffee on the table and gave another glimpse of Tiffany up close.

 

“Please drop the formalities and just call me by my name. I don’t like being called so high like that when in fact I’m just a mere villager and not to mention, unemployed.” Tiffany said with her trademark eye smile.

 

“Then…” Yoona hesitated for a while. “…may I call you Tiffany-unnie? I mean, I heard you’re older than I am so I should call you unnie.” She asked and the villager happily nodded with her thumbs up.

 

Though Tiffany is smiling wide at her, at the back of her mind she’s wondering, “How did she know I’m older than her?”

 

Jessica watched the whole scene in silence from her working table, from Tiffany’s timid way of sitting on that luxurious couch up until to Yoona’s suspicious glares and guarded attitudes towards her. She noted it all and nothing was left unnoticed, especially that Yoona is surprisingly uncommunicative for the day, something that’s totally not like her usual self that keeps on talking until the guests themselves would give up from listening to her talks.

 

To break whatever this thick air between them, Jessica suddenly declares, “Yoona, I’ll be having a brief emergency meeting with the department heads in fifteen minutes. Come with me and record it. As for you Tiff, stay here and wait for us. We won’t take long, don’t worry.”

 

“You just told me that you’ll be with me and now you’re leaving…” Tiffany sulked on her seat, murmuring under her breath, pouting as she stared down at her intertwined hands.

 

Jessica only cackled at her silly doings and knelt down to align their eyes then said, “Sorry, sorry. We won’t take long, I promise. You can do whatever you want in my office while we’re out but let me warn you, don’t go out. If you go out and get lost, I might blame myself so don’t ever do that.”

 

With Jessica’s warm and soft calm smile, Tiffany immediately gave in and allowed her to go out with her secretary. Those smiles of assurance from Jessica never failed to weaken her fragile heart and she always end up getting defeated by it. And now she’s left alone, not knowing what to do to kill her time inside the spacious office.

 

The moment they stepped inside the elevator and it locked with no one but the two of them, Jessica finally asked her secretary beside her to break the massive silence, “Tell me Yoona, why were you looking at Tiff like that? I saw you a while ago so you can’t lie to me. It’s so not you to glare at my guests like that. You can be honest with me right now, there’s no need to be reserved.” She dared.

 

Yoona took a big gulp before she questions back in nervousness that’s hitting her hard, “Unnie, what if… just what if, alright? What if Tiffany-unnie turned out to be someone you didn’t expect her to be? What if her life is actually twisted?”

 

“What do you mean?” Jessica asked as she crossed her arms and looked up to her taller secretary with one of her eyebrows raising so high.

 

“N-never mind unnie! J-just forget what I asked you! Y-you don’t really have to think about it. I w-was just amazed with Tiffany-unnie’s beauty and I was just envying her eye smile, that’s all.” Yoona wiggled her hands in front of Jessica’s questioning face to desperately shake off and erase her thoughts, laughing as she stuttered with her excuses.

 

Yoona let out a sigh of relief when Jessica finally ignored her words. She broke out a sweat because of her own queries that gave her discomfort. In fact, that one night when Yuri got drunk until she passed out in her arms, Yoona opened the documents peeking out from her bag to see what she’s been up to. She didn’t know what these documents are until photos and facts about Tiffany’s past banged her two shocked eyes and left her shaken up. Now that Yoona knows it all, she doesn’t know how to approach Jessica and inform her about it.

 

“Will I tell Sica-unnie? But how? She seems too attached with Tiffany-unnie now. I just can’t blurt it out into her face. What should I do? Oh my God, I shouldn’t have seen those documents…” Yoona pondered by herself in silence inside the elevator. 

 

The weather couldn’t get any better than the past few hours. The rain is falling harder and heavier making it hard for people to drive along the zero visibility of the streets. Some settled down on waiting sheds and wait for the rain to stop, some got stocked in their current places like inside the malls and on subway stations while some temporarily parked their cars somewhere to avoid accidents on slippery grounds.

 

At that time there are these two people, Kai and Krystal, like a ghost spending their time inside the man’s car on an underground parking lot of a mall. None of them knows what to say or what to talk about, especially right after they kissed and displayed intimacy on such a narrow place out of nowhere. For the man himself, as the first one who initiated the move, he finds it hard to utter explanations of why he did such thing to his childhood friend, only because that he deep inside his heart, he genuinely loves this woman extremely spacing out on his passenger’s seat.

 

“Hey Kai.” Krystal finally speaks up after long hours of silence from her and this made the man’s heart to jump. Looking straight to the windshield, she expressed, “About what happened a while ago, can you just forget it?”

 

Kai frowned from what Krystal just said, so wretched that he was asked to forget something that he might not actually forget in his entire life.  He glowered down on his steering wheel, exhaled as he closed his eyes in frustration. As much as he wants to stare at her and talk openly, he just can’t look into those swollen eyes of hers that are tired from crying.

 

“That’s absurd. Then what’s the point of returning it back?” Kai sighed in disappointment.

 

“I don’t know.” Krystal reacted in a monotonous tone. 

 

As for the woman who got her hopes and courage down casted from the time she was barraged with things she never wanted to see, things she never expected that would make a great impact on her, Krystal got herself confused and bewildered with her own self. Her mind is flying to nowhere, her thoughts remained blank and her heart became empty and she just became like a clean sheet of paper. Krystal may be a daughter of a billionaire but her feelings and emotions are just as poor as she can’t handle it on her own.

 

“Wait, where are you going? It’s raining outside.” Kai instantly looked up at her for she suddenly started fixing her things then went off from his car in haste.

 

“Don’t follow me anymore Kai. Leave me alone and let me think by myself. I appreciate that you’re worried but please, I’m serious, leave me alone and go back to the university. Let’s talk about what happened some other time, but not now.” Krystal said to him through the opened windows of his car. 

 

Kai couldn’t do anything more, especially that Krystal stated those pleads with such seriousness on her deep husky voice. He just watched her jogging away, out of the underground parking lot to meet the heavy fall of rain without anything to shield herself from it.

 

“Damn! Damn! Damn!” Kai cursed multiple times on his seat and punched on his steering wheel several times until he felt the ache hit his knuckles to release all these frustrations he has been keeping for a while now.

 

Krystal met the heavy rain and let herself be soaked under it once again. She hasn’t totally dried herself up from the previous heavy fall of rain that she accepted and yet there she goes again, recklessly meeting the smashes of heavy raindrops hitting her body. She didn’t mind of her sketch books and her bag that are getting wet as long as she can let her confused mind be at ease at least for a split second.

 

“It’s no use.” Krystal grumbled and stopped midway from her fast walks.

 

It was then she realized that her legs brought her to a flooded children’s park that’s almost similar to where Sulli promised her too much things and actually expected and hoped too much from her. Remembering her words that time then mixing it up to those photos posted on the bulletin board made her weak on her stand, so weak that her knees have folded and hit the muddy ground of the park.

 

“Sulli, you’re a liar. You told me you’ll make me smile no matter how down I am. You promised me that you’ll always be with me. Why did I even believe in you? Liar…” Krystal cried to no one but herself and her tears became invisible due to the rain directly hitting her face that she faced up high the dark sky.

 

In the meantime, the whole university campus is still at mess as the students are still gossiping of Sulli and Minho’s photos that were explicitly posted on the bulletin board. While most students are feasting about it, there are Sulli’s friends and acquaintances that don’t find it amusing at all and one of them is Luna who accompanied her breaking down junior all the way to the infirmary and protected her from the students that tried to poke fun of her.

 

“Ssul, please stop that. You should take a rest. We’ll solve this mess, okay?” The worried Luna said to the desperate Sulli sitting up on her bed, dialing on Krystal’s number for the nth time that can’t be reached.

 

“No unnie.” Sulli is weeping so hard and declining to stop from contacting this one person whom she knows that’s suffering more than her. “I have to talk to Krystal. I have to unnie. I don’t want her to misunderstand us unnie. I don’t know but I just want to explain myself to her. I don’t want her to think otherwise of me. I promised her and she trusted me. I don’t want us to be like this.” She cried.

 

“Calm down. For now, there’s nothing we can do about it. Krystal definitely won’t answer any of your calls now that the scandal is still fresh. Let the situation and yourself calm down. Minho-oppa also said that he’ll find a way to help you solve this.” Luna reassured the weak woman as she comforted her with a gentle pat on her back.

 

“She’s right.” Handing out a cup of hot chocolate drink is Suzy who attended them. She sat on Sulli’s bedside and rejoined, “Even if you cry tons of tears in here, it won’t change anything. Krystal has been my good friend since we entered this university together. Knowing her, I’m sure she’s just around there calming down. Maybe she’s at Amber’s art studio by now.”

 

Sulli loses her grip on her phone and let it bounce on the bed then she curses out of the blue, “Damn this life unnie! I hate it! Why is this happening to me? Damn! All I ever wanted is a peaceful and normal life, but why is this happening to me, and to Krystal? Damn! Who the hell posted those photos and stalked us like that? Everything’s so tangled up because of that damn stalker!” She screamed her lungs out in despair that it echoed all over the infirmary.

 

Both Luna and Suzy are being taken aback with the series of curses that are coming out from Sulli’s once innocent and flawless mouth. Hearing her saying these words made them realize that Sulli must be out of control and perhaps reached her limit of pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter