Chapter 1: Sisters' Love

Crossing Borders
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 1 Sisters' Love

 

In this modern urban world, richness is defined by how much money a person possesses and by the means of acquiring it. The society considers one lucky if they have this luxuriance by the time they are born and they are considered royal amongst all classes in society. In this world influenced nothing but modern technologies, people crave for this richness, people long for money and some are willing to sacrifice their happiness in order to jive with the trend and in exchange for wealth they want but not really needed to live a life. What this modern society doesn’t know is that,  not all people born in bed of money are happy with what they have.

 

Everyone strives hard and work themselves to death. People work harder in order to achieve job promotions and get the highest salary they have been itching for. They compete with their workmates, secretly yet obviously shown through their actions. Then there are also people satisfied with their positions as long they can serve enough food for their family, for their children. Behind these hard working people, who provides their wages? Who gives their salaries? Who produces such amount given to these laborers? They are called billionaires.

 

“Ma'am, the dinner is ready. Your father wishes to have the meal together.” A servant knocked onto a room three times, cautious and gentle.

 

“Yeah. Tell him I'll be right there.” A monotonous tone of answer of an adult woman.

 

The servant left in reluctance, unsure of how to behave with the response he heard. The woman yet knew it all, how everyone around their territory would react to her ways. She would let out a faint smile, imagining how the servant has once again reacted to her voice for her own amusement. Humming to the sound of the orchestra playing on her phone, she is seated in front her dresser fixing her laced white fitted dress and dangling accessories made of authentic pearls. As the music ended, she also ended the final touch of her make-up, perfect for yet another extravagant dinner.

 

“Damn, why am I so perfect?” She asked herself, boasting her perfect figure in the full-body mirror.

 

After some long minutes of preparation, she finally opened her door. As she has expected and just like how it is every day of her life, the housemaids tidying the red carpeted hallway turn their heads to the elegant lady walking in black high pointed heels. Her steps echo all over and this sound serves as a sign for the servants that she's coming their way. She never fails to flaunt her figure with her seductive smirk and whenever she passes by a maid, she would let her long straight brown hair bounce on her y back.

 

“Hey, stop drooling and get back to work!”

 

“I'm sorry. I was just amazed with her beauty. Look at her S-line and her flawless legs. She's so perfect like a goddess.”

 

The lady can hear all the gossips going around the maids on work. She acts like she cared none of it but is actually overwhelmed by their compliments. After some runway-like walks, she finally reached long spiral stairs going down to the first floor. In her stand she can have a full view of downstairs. To her left is the living room with another set of maids cleaning all sides, making the window glasses and walls made of glass shine like diamonds, cleaning the huge chandeliers hanging up high from the ceiling. To her far right is the dining area which was separated through a door. Chefs and cooks are so busy coming in and out of it with dishes on plates under their skilled arms. And this is only the one-fourth interior of this million worth mansion.

 

“Miss Jessica Jung, you seem to be getting prettier these past few days.”

 

The elegant lady who was appreciating the perfect view from the stairs sighted a woman in her black velvet dress, now going up on the stairs to fetch her. The elegant lady isn't entertained of her presence and unknown intention of kissing her hand as a greeting and the only choice for her is to look away to pay no mind of her overflowing confidence.

 

“Kwon Yuri, what brings you here that you needed to call out my name?” The lady Jessica asked as she neglected the helping hand that was offered to her down the long spiral stairs.

 

“Your father invited me. It was a bit disappointing that it wasn’t you who invited me though. I was waiting for your call last night too but it didn’t come at all.” Yuri followed her late, smiling as she said.

 

Jessica stopped midway and rebounded her attention back to the fair skinned woman following her and questioned her with annoyance, “And why should I call you at night then invite you for a dinner? Why would I do such thing? You're just a daughter of my father's best friend. I don't see any reasons why I should even get close to you in the first place.”

 

Yuri giggled at her remarks and as Jessica started marching away from her, she confessed out of the blue, “But I do like you Jessica.”

 

“And I don't so shut up!” Jessica shrieked without returning back to her.

 

The servants and maids wandering the first floor precisely heeded Jessica's rejection for her yell radiated and sprung at all corners of the first floor. Yuri was frustrated. Despite of being close to their family, Jessica never laid her eyes on her lovingly, not even caring of her existence whenever she's being invited to join them. Yuri nevertheless doesn’t plan to give up to capture the cold-hearted woman’s heart and soon to hear her sweet 'yes' to her proposals and confessions.

 

“I'll open the door for you, my princess.” Yuri caught up from behind as she gripped on the door knob and whispered to the irritated lady. Leaning closer to her ears, she closely hissed, “Besides, your father wouldn’t like it if he sees us fighting over silly things. He'll definitely rage if he sees us arguing.”

 

Jessica breathed heavy and closed her eyes to contain all her tantrum, “How dare you ruin my poise?”

 

“It won't get ruined if you know how to love me back.” Yuri smirked then stole a kiss on her left cheek.

 

Yuri opened the door to meet the fancy dining room set with fine meals and decorated with gold kitchen tools on a display. The dining was set with elongated table with more than ten seats provided and chefs and waiters standing by a corner for orders. All the bright lights are all directed to the table, making the surroundings a little dimmer than the focus. Last but not the least, there goes the owner of this luxurious mansion, the billionaire father of Jessica Jung on his formal suit.

 

“Good evening Mr. Jung. Thank you so much for the invitation.” Yuri immediately approached the rich man and made a formal handshake with him as he makes his stand up on his seat.

 

“I'm glad you made it, Yuri.” The rich man laughed in delight seeing one of his best friends' daughters. After his warm welcome to the only visitor, he finally took notice of his own daughter still standing by the door's entrance, looking away frowning to her lowest.

 

“Sica, what’s wrong?” The pretentious Yuri acted worried like she knows nothing why the elegant lady is in such a bad mood.

 

“Nothing. I'm fine. I guess I'm just a little tired. I've working for a week straight.” Jessica flashed the fakest smile she could ever give just to satisfy both her father and Yuri.

 

“You shouldn’t act so weak in front of our precious visitor, Jessica.” The rich man scolded and his daughter could only nod her head for her wordless response. “If we're good then take a seat and let's eat. We still have some things to talk about.”

 

The two obeyed and so they occupied seats across each other. There are a lot of meals prepared and none suits Jessica’s appetite for she was completely ruined moments ago. As she’s planning not to pick any, Yuri placed some foods on top of her plate, making her to glare at her for an intense eye contact. Yuri smiled at her but a sincere and concerned one rather than her fake devilish grins a while ago. Yuri has been looking after Jessica, may it be secretly or vulgarly. Because of this deep admiration and love towards this goddess-like woman, Yuri is willing to do all ways for her to be hers.

 

“Seriously, I don't understand you sometimes, if you're an evil or not.” Jessica mumbled and mouthed to Yuri as she accepted her plate containing a well-balanced diet perfect to maintain her figure.

 

“So, like I was saying a while ago, there's something I need to talk about with the two of you.” The father started. “These past few years, Jessica have been working under our company as one of the directors. Of course, I won't be putting her in such a position without the intention of letting her take over my position as the President and CEO of the Jung Group of Companies.”

 

“President? Jessica? Really, that’s good news!” Yuri beamed and gazed at the inattentive woman.

 

“Yes, exactly. I already talked about this with her yesterday at the office. With her experience, I have to say she still lacks in some aspects. I want her to be fully packed when the time comes I'll introduce her as the new president to look up for. I want her to be more perfect than how she is right now. And when Jessica will take over our businesses, I will have to involve her younger sister in this industry too. Don't you think it's a perfect move, Yuri?” The rich man bluntly stated all his wants for his daughters, letting out a victorious laugh out of nowhere.

 

“Well… I uhh…” Yuri hardly uttered as she noted Jessica hasn’t said a single word since the discussion started. Yuri can notice that Jessica has been fixing her gazes on her food, eating as fast as she can but can still perform the proper etiquette and table manners.

 

“Sir, Krystal just arrived with her car.” The rich man’s butler informed and this saved Yuri's skin from not being able to give an answer.

 

For the first time, Jessica looked up from her plate and waited for the door to open behind her. A genuine smile crept out from her lips upon seeing the only person who's making her stronger from all her miseries and her eyes glittered when Krystal sat beside her. Their father though feels the opposite as of Jessica. The moment Krystal stepped in, his expression darkened as he glared at her angrily because at the reason of Krystal’s casual outfit. She entered the scene wearing only her black jeans, white plain tee shirt and her sneakers that she always use that it turned out so ragged and unusable, at least for the billionaire's perception. This didn’t escape from their father's sharp eyes, everything can be observed, and every single mistake is notable.

 

“Can you not wear something more decent like how your sister does?” He enraged at his daughter who just settled. “You're always like that! When will you change that attire of yours? What will our friends and relatives say if they see you like that? They might think of you as a beggar's daughter!”

 

Yuri got speechless from his strictness and eyed at the two expressionless women across her, gulping at the tensed up atmosphere. She could see how Jessica s her hands under the table to hold on Krystal’s clenched fists for a comfort while Krystal is holding back her own wrath towards their father.

 

“Did you call me for a dinner just to embarrass me in front of these people?” Krystal answered back with her disrespectful tone of voice and looked around at the nervous servants standing on the corners, breaking a sweat while they listen to their boiling conversation.

 

“How dare you talk to me like that? I'm your father and my words are certain! My orders are final! Do you think I don't know any of your misconducts outside this mansion? You rarely come back home and you play with your useless drawings and paintings inside your room instead of studying for your upcoming exams!” The father yelled in fury.

 

“Dad, please stop.” Jessica tried to go in between them but it's too late for Krystal snapped out to her limit of patience.

 

“Wrongdoings? Since when did going out with friends become a crime? Since when did chasing my own dreams become a crime, huh? And you call this huge spacious mansion a home? There's no home in here, dad! It's just you and your followers!” Krystal yelled back, slamming the dining table with her two strong heavy palms then turned her back from the dining table.

 

“Krystal! Don't you dare to turn your back on me! Come back here! We're not done yet!” Their father roared loud but he was stopped by Yuri's gentle hold for he tried to chase Krystal stomping out of the mansion.

 

“I'll go look for her. I'm sorry Yuri but let's continue this talk some other time. Thank you for coming too by the way. Please, excuse me.” Jessica’s professional and mature side found a way to evade further arguments from their father.

 

The wrathful young daughter roars like a beast while she storms out of the mansion. Because of emotions swallowing into her, she recklessly threw her phone onto the water fountain built in front of their mansion and walked with heavy steps at their kilometer long driveway to the main gate.

 

“Screw this life!” Krystal again barked that it startled the gardeners managing their front yard garden and veranda.

 

The security guards hastily opened the gate for the raging woman for they are all aware of what Krystal could do if they won't move fast when she’s mad. Everyone just watched her driving away with her black Porsche car in high speed. Later the older Jung was also seen walking out of the mansion to chase her stress reliever but her attempt failed, Krystal is already out of sight.

 

“She escaped again. That girl, I'll make sure to give her lectures when we meet again.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter